Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 03:59:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is A joke and will never last.  (Read 19767 times)
rext

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 04:18:32 AM

Bitcoin will succeed even more than troll threads.
damn straight, second that
froggyfeels

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 04:57:04 AM

to be clear Im not a NXT shill.  I'm a cryptocurrency expert.  I got involved with NXT fairly recently.  The NXT model is far more lucrative than Bitcoin.  I've also been involved with the PPC community and I've worked on other algorithms in the past.

No offense but PPcoin is not a well chosen name. If you want an altcoin to succeed it needs a good name.

'forging' is not exactly great either... but these things weren't created by marketing people they were created by engineers.

-bm

I respect your ability to speak logically and not emotively.
If we ever meet, your favorite beer, milkshake, coffee, maccha or whatever is on me :-)

froggyfeels

Activity: 27

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 08:57:03 AM

Maybe I take my comment above back.
Not sure if this users icon is the same or a joke with someone else using his icon (no time to fig thru it all as I am working).
https://i.imgur.com/q4TMHGL.jpg
*Either way...this place is an amazing place of great people merged with top of the line scum.
Skele

Activity: 224

VocalPlatform.com

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:22:28 AM

Bitcoin is future, innovation, evolution, if you don't believe that, why is your signature promoting a Bitcoin page ? haha
jc01480

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Nope..

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:38:17 AM

*Either way...this place is an amazing place of great people merged with top of the line scum.

If you're gonna do it, give it 110%!
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:23:45 AM

This is clearly a troll thread. I don't understand why these fud threads arent locked or deleted.

Troll or fud threads arent usually locked or deleted. This forum is pretty lax about this stuff. They usually get moved if theyre in the wrong place though.

I think it's mainly allowed for "freedom of speech", and with the freedom we get plenty of both good and bad.

bc_wwang

Activity: 34

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:35:07 AM

No, It is not a joke but innovation. Bitcoin is changing the world.
lihuajkl
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:02:11 AM

I believe that bitcoin has a spot in this world and it is a global currency and it has a lot of qualities that many desire within their currency. I admit, it has some things that need to be figured out before its a safe investment. But in my opinion, its here to stay. Someone is always going to be willing to pay for these, even if they get outlawed....
Absolutely, OP, why are you here if you think BTC is joke and will never last? We are here because we believe BTC has a bright future.
Nerazzura

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:45:41 AM

The average consumer is not going to partake in bitcoin when transactions can take hours or even days (currently waiting 3+ hours to move money between accounts). Bitcoin is a fad and will never be a real currency due to the massive draw backs that are built into the currency itself and can not be counted. One of the reasons to use Bitcoin was due to the low fees. The fees will continue to raise as mining cost increase and people have to pay higher and higher fees just to get their bitcoin moved to a new location.

You will never be able to walk into a shop and just pay for an item. You will have to wait untill the transaction is confirmed which is currently taking hours and will eventually take days/weeks.

Bitcoin will fail once a better digital currency is introduced.
Bitcoin is a recent phenomenon where the funds converted from one currency into another currency, and distributed via the internet. A virtual bank, its popularity has increased because there is no physical location where the funds can be entangled in a complicated affair, and there is no way for people to explore tax funds easily. On the other hand, the money will be virtual (virtual), thus could be gone with the internet

Activity: 230

Come original.

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:47:46 AM

I believe that bitcoin has a spot in this world and it is a global currency and it has a lot of qualities that many desire within their currency. I admit, it has some things that need to be figured out before its a safe investment. But in my opinion, its here to stay. Someone is always going to be willing to pay for these, even if they get outlawed....
Absolutely, OP, why are you here if you think BTC is joke and will never last? We are here because we believe BTC has a bright future.

The op hasnt even posted since feburary. I wish these troll threads would just get locked.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 11:44:09 AM

The average consumer is not going to partake in bitcoin when transactions can take hours or even days (currently waiting 3+ hours to move money between accounts). Bitcoin is a fad and will never be a real currency due to the massive draw backs that are built into the currency itself and can not be counted. One of the reasons to use Bitcoin was due to the low fees. The fees will continue to raise as mining cost increase and people have to pay higher and higher fees just to get their bitcoin moved to a new location.

You will never be able to walk into a shop and just pay for an item. You will have to wait untill the transaction is confirmed which is currently taking hours and will eventually take days/weeks.

Bitcoin will fail once a better digital currency is introduced.

doubt u understand what ure talking about.
as far as "better digital currency" is concerned, you can allways modify bitcoin by forking it, all it takes is good preparation and 2 biggest pools to agree.

people will never leave bitcoin for another coin, because that breaks "coin is actualy worth holding" psychology.
Jesu

Activity: 166

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 11:57:28 AM

The op hasnt even posted since feburary. I wish these troll threads would just get locked.

I agree with this. Sometimes I wish mods would step in and delete fud threads or posts like this. Look how long this has carried on for and the op is long gone.
jkljb

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:21:02 PM

bitcoin has a large number of supporters, he will never die!
BillyBobJoe

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:55:41 PM

I agree with this. Sometimes I wish mods would step in and delete fud threads or posts like this. Look how long this has carried on for and the op is long gone.

Seems to me you are part of the problem. Don't like this thread? Easy, mark as read, ignore, move on, Period.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:19:05 PM

Seems to me you are part of the problem. Don't like this thread? Easy, mark as read, ignore, move on, Period.
I agree. People that post just to complain are part of the problem. The best thing to do is just ignore them and not even give advice.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
LostDutchman

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 12:35:32 AM

So you oppose open and free discussion?

Great.

Been gone for a while due to health issues but everything is OK now.

Just kind of took a break from the madness of crypto!

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
theecoinomist

Activity: 200

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 11:24:56 AM

You don't wait for actual confirmations when you are paying for a subway or a starbucks coffee you stupid idiot.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 11:26:01 AM

Bitcoin is more of an asset isn't it?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
desired_username

Activity: 879
Merit: 1013

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 11:49:33 AM

Necro thread + feeding a troll. My favourite combo Cheesy
moreia

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 01:41:45 PM

And here I am worrying about being banned for spamming and making sure I am on-topic for every post...
What a joke.

Anyway, OP credit cards have the same 3-5 business day clearing times so I don't see any difference
Fiat/hard cash on the other hand bitcoin still has generations to beat that.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: