Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:54:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When will smartphones used for bitcoin mining?  (Read 4835 times)
ericaltm

Activity: 96
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 03:30:30 PM

I have heard of people that buy phones cheaply and set-up a mining rig from phones. Not sure if it is for Bitcoin, but I have seen garages with over 2000 phones to mine crypto. Don't know how much H/s you would get from that to mine bitcoin specifically, but you can definitely try. The problem/cause solution here is the profitability.

☉☉☉ ARTCOIN.AI ☉☉☉
▐| BLOCKCHAIN ART GALLERY SYSTEM |▌ (https://www.artcoin.ai/)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Nnedaddy1
Copper Member

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 03:39:17 PM

There's this ICO project  I read their white paper some time back, its talking about how they could make mining easy with smart phones.
So I believe its getting closer.
stephanirain

Activity: 756
Merit: 257

Freshdice.com

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 03:40:00 PM

As we all know that smartphones are just like computer nowadays that has strong storage capacity and processor. This I think could be enable to mine bitcoin and this is what I am waiting for if there are any smartphones company that would offer their smartphones for bitcoin mining or even as a smartphone that works as digital hardware wallet for bitcoin and other crypto. I am waiting for it to happen. Do you think that it will happen?
It is impossible that smartphones will be used in mining because there are certain performance and limit that a smartphone will need before it will be used for mining. Even smartphones can do many things nowadays it is not capable in mining.

░▓███▓▓▓▓▒▒          
                        ▒██▒      ▓██▓▒▒█▓▓▒      
                ░▓███▓▓▒▓▓██▓      ▒██████    
          ░▓███░      ▒█▓▒░  ▒███████████  
      ▒██▓▒░  ▒▓███▓      ▒▓▓▓█████████░  
  ░██▓        ▒▓▒░    ░▓▓▓▓▓███████▓███▓  
▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ░▒▒▓▓▓███████▓      ███  
███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████      ░███▒
▒██▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████  ▒█████
  ▓█    ▒██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓███████
    █▓    ▒██▓▓▓█▓▓▓████████▒    ░██████▒
    ▓██▒▓█▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓████████      ▒██████▓
      ██████▓█▓█▓█▓████████▒  ▓███████▒
       ▓███████████▓▓█████████████████
         ▓███████████▓█████░    ▓███████░
           ███████    ▓██████▓      ▓█████▓  
           ░▓█████▒    ▓██████    ▓████▓    
              ░▓████▓   ▒███████████▓      
                 ░▓█████████████▓▓▒        
                         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░            
Fresh Dice||||||Dice Now!
Dayx

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2018, 04:01:27 PM

although it's not bitcoin, but monero and electroneum provide mining with your phone.
you can check the article about mining electroneum with your phone here : https://coincentral.com/is-mobile-mining-profitable/
Joe103

Activity: 71
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 04:25:05 PM

Smartphones are not that strong and powerful enough to be used for Bitcoin mining. You might end up destroying your phone by attempting this. The best option may be from getting some free coins from faucethub or coinpot.
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 04:43:11 PM

there is now option to mine some cryptocurrencies for example minergate or electroneum

This application may be available on the internet or on the playstore but I don't think you will be able to earn anything good here. The best thing about android or smart phones is that it is efficient for communicating and for some entertainment. It has some hardware that let it play games and applications but it can't really do a mining algorithm. Instead of wrecking your phones using it to mining, better buy a certain hardware for that work.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
chosenboy4

Activity: 122

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 05:09:12 PM

Sure it could, but it wouldn't be worth doing so. One of the very powerful things about Bitcoin is that it self-regulates how rapidly new coins are mined via a difficulty factor. As a result, the difficulty represents how much aggregate compute power is put toward mining, and it's a *serious* amount of computing. The difficulty is extremely high, and mining BTC without serious, application-specific chipsets is a non-starter, even for very powerful CPUs on a computer system. They simply can't keep up with the ASICs out there.
taksrkanah

Activity: 88

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 05:11:31 PM

does it currently have a powerful smartphone to operate for 48 hours without stopping?
if not, then the answer is impossible to mine using smarphone.
ajqjjj

Activity: 1498
Merit: 507

Not your Keys, not your Bitcoin

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 05:22:52 PM

Smartphone have small mother board  and hash rate also very low so too much heat produced in mining. Because Bitcoin mining is the hardest part so smartphone will damage soon.
 But future cooling smartphone is possible and they will supporting for Bitcoin mining.

-support Bitcoin Community Bitcointalk.org-
Always verify wallet to store your Bitcoin
Donations are open, send PM
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 06:25:55 PM

As we all know that smartphones are just like computer nowadays that has strong storage capacity and processor. This I think could be enable to mine bitcoin and this is what I am waiting for if there are any smartphones company that would offer their smartphones for bitcoin mining or even as a smartphone that works as digital hardware wallet for bitcoin and other crypto. I am waiting for it to happen. Do you think that it will happen?
Now the era of mining bitcoin on your computer have long gone and you would never be able to mine bitcoins on your mobile as the ASICS are quiet efficient in mining bitcoins so a smartphone can't be feasible economically to mine bitcoins as the high end smartphones are quiet costly so people would also be scared to use costly smartphones to mine cryptocurrency.
nickwen

Activity: 261
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 06:28:51 PM

It won't happen.

Smartphone for bitcoin mining? you are just destroying your phone.

Smartphone as digital wallet, you can simply download an app / wallet and that's how you make it as your wallet.
Agree with your comments. I also think cryptocurrency mining on smartphones is not necessary. we pay a lot money to buy a smart phone. but if we use it for cryptocurrency exploit, the phone will be very broken quickly

krishnaverma

Activity: 1288
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 06:45:32 PM

I have heard of people that buy phones cheaply and set-up a mining rig from phones. Not sure if it is for Bitcoin, but I have seen garages with over 2000 phones to mine crypto. Don't know how much H/s you would get from that to mine bitcoin specifically, but you can definitely try. The problem/cause solution here is the profitability.

No, currently there are no smartphones capable enough to mine bitcoins.

Also, keep in mind that the difficulty to mine is increasing with time and thus we will need stronger devices in future.
Smon

Activity: 271

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 06:46:57 PM

If you want to exploit Bitcoin, then you can use your money to buy specialized equipment used for the purpose of exploiting cryptocurrency. Smartphones are only used for communication or entertainment purposes

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
▪  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy  ▪
▄▄█▀▀      Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  GitHub      ▀▀█▄▄
bdc2343

Activity: 296

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 06:48:21 PM

Since Bitcoin and cryptocurrency have become famous worldwide, some application developers have created many cryptocurrency exploit applications. But exploring cryptocurrency with smartphones is not a great idea

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
▪  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy  ▪
▄▄█▀▀      Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  GitHub      ▀▀█▄▄
just_Alice

Activity: 1274
Merit: 622

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 07:15:27 PM

Storage capacity and processor in smartphones isn't the same as in computers, that are capable of mining. About hardware wallet - this is some easier aim to achieve and that's why a well-known Chinese company Huawei with about 25% IT networks market share (which is quite a lot) is about to launch a project, where their new smartphones will have built-in BTC wallets and they also want to release BTC wallet app. Check the link: https://cointelegraph.com/news/huawei-releases-bitcoin-wallet-in-app-store-pre-installed-on-all-new-smartphones
This, hopefully, will attract more people all over the world.
As for mining on smartphones - there's one project about to be launched by Samsung company. C-Lab (their engineering team) will take the responsibility of developing it and mining function should be available on Samsung’s Galaxy S5 smartphones. https://futurism.com/mine-bitcoins-using-40-old-galaxy-s5s/
It's been almost a year since that announcement, but I think such a difficult challenge can't be reached within short period of time.
Roomshambles

Activity: 130

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 07:34:05 PM

It will probably be very long to see the phones we use are still not strong enough to survive in bitcoin mining. Maybe later in the future when the mobile phone is very sophisticated can be.
megaradux

Activity: 78

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 08:00:50 PM

we first need to improve what we have first before even going further. We need to improve the mining on ASICs, GPUs first.
After that we need to implement mining on CPUs, which is not likely to be ideal.
If CPUs future can mine as good as GPUs today, we can then stop forward and do on mobiles.
valentinen39

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 08:08:29 PM

Most of the m are using an application since cryptocurrency right now is very accessible on different platforms either for android or ios, there is a section here in this forum which you can check in order to find application for mining on mobile.
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 08:25:31 PM

You can click  link in  my signature and read his page and white paper
When virtual chips will be created what will replace cpu
That time ASIC dominance will end

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 08:33:28 PM

We really don't need to push mobile mining anymore the power and speed packed in a mobile phone is not enough compared to what you can receive on a mining rig. Trust me I have tried it before my phone is really pushing its limits for nothing after just 20 minutes of mining via minergate you will feel that your phone is hot even if the screen is off meaning the processor and its tiny gpu is still pushing it causing the phone to heat up very fast. Another cold hard fact is Heat destroys your battery it decreases its life cycle very fast.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: