Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:11:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When will smartphones used for bitcoin mining?  (Read 4835 times)
cleygaux

Activity: 656
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 02:15:29 PM

What is the purpose of mining with the use of smartphone? For mining everywhere? It can consume a lot of power and energy if someone uses a phone for mining and its very prone to shorten the lifespan on hardware because its not intended yet for very high computing like mining but a continuous research may answer all our questions in the future who knows its actually nearly to happen.   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
icoresearch

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 09:06:31 PM

I think that the only "Mining experience" is possible when we speak about mobile mining, e.g. Electroneum. It is possible only like a part of a reward system or like a part of the mechanism for emission distribution, while the actual computing on smartphones is not a good idea.

We had an interesting idea of rewarding people for traveling, however, there are a lot of issues connected with ease of GPS coordinates falsification.
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 02:32:15 AM

It possible but it is also dangerous because its susceptible to virus and can be stolen easily as for the thieves and robbers unlike desktop or computer use in the house but the advantage is you can use it anywhere and you can work anytime you like. Bitcoin mining consume a lot of your time and you've got to have bigger space and software to use such kind as this as form of security.
I guess it's not just the risk of theft but are you willing to burn your smartphone? even mining using vga or cpu on a computer can
even burn my computer lol. let alone use a smartphone. I honestly won't use it because it won't be worthed on what you get later..
tutakhamunba

Activity: 57

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 02:44:35 AM

But why? Should we use smartphones for bitcoin mining when ASIC has too much more performance? The smartphone is created to connect people and almost used for entertainment purpose, not to mining bitcoin.
HeatherAdams00

Activity: 31

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 05:13:21 AM

As we all know that smartphones are just like computer nowadays that has strong storage capacity and processor. This I think could be enable to mine bitcoin and this is what I am waiting for if there are any smartphones company that would offer their smartphones for bitcoin mining or even as a smartphone that works as digital hardware wallet for bitcoin and other crypto. I am waiting for it to happen. Do you think that it will happen?

I don't think so. The use of smartphones for mining is completely unreasonable when you spend a lot of money to buy your favorite smartphone. As for mining, I think for sure that I will need an investment in a more specialized device.
BitProNews

Activity: 376
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 05:58:01 AM

As i understood, it is technicly diffucult to execute hashingPower in mobiles.
Does it mean that all the ICOs offering mining through mobile devices, are scams ?
mikan111

Activity: 117

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2018, 06:10:26 AM

There are technical limitations. From battery life to processor power and then to overheating. At the moment, these obstacles are insurmountable. Of course, we see that technology is evolving faster than we can imagine, so I would not be surprised to see that soon
Aiiimm

Activity: 23

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 06:11:01 AM

I think smartphones is not capable of minings because it can destroy your phone smartphones are like computers but as not powerful than computer. I think if you use smartohones on mining you just risking you phones life.
Herdawnia

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 03:51:18 PM

As we all know that smartphones are just like computer nowadays that has strong storage capacity and processor. This I think could be enable to mine bitcoin and this is what I am waiting for if there are any smartphones company that would offer their smartphones for bitcoin mining or even as a smartphone that works as digital hardware wallet for bitcoin and other crypto. I am waiting for it to happen. Do you think that it will happen?

Sorry but I think nowadays its kinda Hard (Impossible). Why? look, Huge mining companies invest good amount of money for the technology they used for mining, our smartphones even how high end it is and has good specs it will not help mining and earn. you can just purchase high end Computer and then plug in a lot of Video card then start mining.

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
sulendra12

Activity: 2814
Merit: 526

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 03:55:23 PM

As i understood, it is technicly diffucult to execute hashingPower in mobiles.
Does it mean that all the ICOs offering mining through mobile devices, are scams ?
They probably offering cloud mining that you can access through your phone (not the "actual" mining). You just risk your phone by doing mining stuff like it's not a correct tool to do that and it's kind of pointless to do because you earn nothing with the hashrate of your phone have.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
sgenuine

Activity: 854
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 05:04:56 PM

It possible but it is also dangerous because its susceptible to virus and can be stolen easily as for the thieves and robbers unlike desktop or computer use in the house but the advantage is you can use it anywhere and you can work anytime you like. Bitcoin mining consume a lot of your time and you've got to have bigger space and software to use such kind as this as form of security.

Curious, how much can you mine if you use the smartphone? Additionally, mining will kill the gadget very soon. I know, some Asian people build even small mining farms using many phones but I do not understand it.
Opnsrc

Activity: 1064

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 05:09:51 AM

That's impossible. Although smartphones are becoming more modern and highly configurable, they are not powerful enough and powerful enough to do this. Before you can exploit anything, I think your phone is broken. You have to spend a considerable amount of money to buy a phone rather than selling the quantity you have exploited

It is fancy even thinking about it! I have read once about the guy that created the mining farm using his smartphones but as soon as I remember there were more than 50 devices there, and the earnings were minimal.
evforster

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 08:55:12 AM

Bitcoin mining required a lots of power sometimes it can damage your computer too its to much harm full for computers so how can a smart phone can handle mining.
valentine401

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 10:29:05 AM

Can not do this with a smartphone. It is not easy to exploit bitcoin that any device can do. If the smartphone can exploit bitcoin then I think the bitcoin will cost several hundred dollars.

Mining cryptocurrrency is not possible with smartphones because there are some applications that can be run by decent phone now a days so all you need is a wallet that can hold your coins safely.
imapd

Activity: 173
Merit: 10

cave canem!

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 11:29:08 AM

I have already heard the project that are using smartphones in order to mine cryptocurrencies, as far as I remember it called Electrum, or something like that that you can google by yourself.

Tukang Becak

Activity: 896

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 11:43:31 AM

Mining algorithms certainly require very high specifications making it difficult for devs. to make smartphones that can be used for mining, besides the use of crypto is still small so it is difficult for marketing to sell smartphones that have mining features at high prices.
drm
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 11:51:45 AM

Never, they are took weak and they have a pretty bad battery life.
Blumenkranz

Activity: 26

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 12:03:22 PM

Doubt it'd work out, smartphones aren't really that durable and would probably be need to change more often every now and then. The idea is kinda convenient but not applicable at the time tho  , let's wait till technology advances a bit further maybe it'd allow us in the future without any hassle.
Harrow30

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 12:06:26 PM

One of the basic needs to mining is power. So, to have smartphones for bitcoin mining means the phone battery has to be specially improved on and also increasing the ROM /processor of the phones. With these in place, we do now have a headstart as to test running the bitcoin mining on smart phones.

[  TRY ALPHA MVP  ]    WELCOME TO DATABLOCKCHAIN    [  TRY ALPHA MVP  ]
Mainsale now LIVE!  //  Raised $16 Million in PRE-SALE
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 12:32:15 PM

Not in this generation dude,don't you know how expensive the mining apparatus just to be took over by smartphones?don't you know that the gpu of miner are thousands high than gadgets so how woukd you expect that this could become possible?this will tale long years before happenings
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: