Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:58:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When will smartphones used for bitcoin mining?  (Read 4835 times)
counmipak

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 07:13:59 AM

This can be a huge growth booster for mobile companies if they make it possible.
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nsmdgw

Activity: 29

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 08:36:31 AM

Surely, in the future, almost all of the technology-related activities will be used on smartphones. Smartphones used to exploit bitcoin and altcoins will be released shortly.
wendiar19

Activity: 470
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 09:06:40 AM

I don't think that will happen because it will make your smartphone damaged, if you can produce it will be damaged someday and you will get a lot of losses and the results you get from mining on your smartphone will not be able to recover.

Caitsith

Activity: 31

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 09:15:24 AM

Smartphones can be used to exploit bitcoin and altcoins, but the battery life of smartphones does not meet the demand for extraction.
MeganJenkins1212

Activity: 31

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 10:04:09 AM

I think smartphones are not suitable for exploiting bitcoin and altcoins because the nature of the smartphone is not the computer and I doubt its security capabilities.
vokokawev658

Activity: 35

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 11:15:35 AM

Smartphones can hardly be used to exploit bitcoin, but in the future, there will be compact products dedicated to exploiting bitcoin and altcoins, where smartphones will act as conductors.
TheClownSong

Activity: 1428
Merit: 251

solidtradebank.com | 5%-15% Welcome Bonus

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 12:16:58 PM

As we all know that smartphones are just like computer nowadays that has strong storage capacity and processor. This I think could be enable to mine bitcoin and this is what I am waiting for if there are any smartphones company that would offer their smartphones for bitcoin mining or even as a smartphone that works as digital hardware wallet for bitcoin and other crypto. I am waiting for it to happen. Do you think that it will happen?

Indeed smartphone nowadays like computer in function but its not computer, its communication device. I think its not safe to mine with smartphone because to mine bitcoin or others coin have different spesification and i think it will make our smartphone damage when we use it for bitcoin mining

Qi.Blockchain|The only blockchain the
world will ever need
|Eco-friendly
Decentralized
Secure, Fast
|
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
|
Muzika

Activity: 980
Merit: 261

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 12:20:23 PM

As we all know that smartphones are just like computer nowadays that has strong storage capacity and processor. This I think could be enable to mine bitcoin and this is what I am waiting for if there are any smartphones company that would offer their smartphones for bitcoin mining or even as a smartphone that works as digital hardware wallet for bitcoin and other crypto. I am waiting for it to happen. Do you think that it will happen?

Indeed smartphone nowadays like computer in function but its not computer, its communication device. I think its not safe to mine with smartphone because to mine bitcoin or others coin have different spesification and i think it will make our smartphone damage when we use it for bitcoin mining

Mining is done by a a great specification of a computer that any smartphone cant do as of now and like what youve said it can be dangerous because it may heaten up and can lead to explotion because it is really not designed for mining purposes.
Portia12

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

ADAB ICO

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 01:05:43 PM

I don't think that will happen because it will make your smartphone damaged, if you can produce it will be damaged someday and you will get a lot of losses and the results you get from mining on your smartphone will not be able to recover.

You are wrong, it was possible today, there are some applications that can mine cryptocurrency in your phone so all you need is a wallet address like ledger to keep your coins.

strelkov

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 01:25:03 PM

It is possible if companies like Apple research and do work on it.
kornilovatur

Activity: 6

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 01:25:22 PM

A time will come when mobile phones will be used for everything except call.
Nellayar

Activity: 868
Merit: 185

Roobet supporter and player!

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 01:48:16 PM

It won't happen.

Smartphone for bitcoin mining? you are just destroying your phone.

Smartphone as digital wallet, you can simply download an app / wallet and that's how you make it as your wallet.

You never know! With the help of nano technology we may be able to achieve smaller chips that produces as much power as a full sized mining rigs in future. I mean that is not the reality now but it may become in future. If you were 80's kid, did you ever think that you can carry a computer in your pocket? Because what computer we have seen that time was Pentium one and it required an air conditioned room to run that. Nano technology achieved that impossible and now we carry a smart phone inside our pocket.

So keep your hope high as we don't know where the technological achievements can take us!
It may happen since we are already in revolutionary era and developing with that will become true someday. If we will back to the year 19's, all of this thing we experiencing right now is almost an imagination to them but look how does the revolution process give us an advance technology, we can easily innovate things by the help of science and other field. Therefore, it is not impossible.

Diablesfunis

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 01:54:52 PM

I am still wondering why people want to mine using their smartphone, they are not build for mining and the most powerful smartphone pales in comparison to gpu if you want to mine something and they are more likely to break faster if you use it to mine crypto. As for the hardware wallet one, it's better to have a standalone device for that as if you use your phone as hardware wallet, there's risk of losing your phone.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
kudryavce

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 02:10:37 PM

I think some mobile companies might already be working on such a model.
sakokinak

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 02:28:45 PM

I dont know if i will make sense. I don't believe that there will be a time for smartphone to mine cryptocurrency but it could be integrated in the blockchain as a block or something similar to confirm the information stored in the chain.

Even the most powerful smartphone is not good for mining - it will simply kill the gadget. Moreover, you will never earn a lot of money using the phone to mine the cryptocurrencies.
phpartisanmaster

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 03:20:40 PM

I dont know if i will make sense. I don't believe that there will be a time for smartphone to mine cryptocurrency but it could be integrated in the blockchain as a block or something similar to confirm the information stored in the chain.

Even the most powerful smartphone is not good for mining - it will simply kill the gadget. Moreover, you will never earn a lot of money using the phone to mine the cryptocurrencies.

Yes it was not good for mining because the hardware of mobile phones are still not decent to handle the algorithm of block chain so i think that it will take some time before it will be possible in the future.
withlove99

Activity: 336
Merit: 29

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 03:32:03 PM

They will never be used for mining as they are not competitive enough. There is electroneum for that, but it is not worth mining when you compete with gpus and even asics that are 1000000 ties more powerful than cpu in mobile

It is difficult to minning bitcoin on smartphone, because to minning a bitcoin requires a powerful processor with complex calculations, present the smartphone can't processing. Current there are already some projects minning coin on smartphone such as Electroneum or Hadron
chel0

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 03:51:35 PM

As we all know that mining requires a powerful equipment to be able to mine more bitcoin in a certain period time, then I think smartphones are not capable of doing that. Bitcoin mining in mobile might only cause your smartphones to get damaged or broken. If there are instances that you can mine bitcoin from smartphones, I believe it is not that profitable. A smartphone is probably best used for its original purpose only.
slocker

Activity: 490
Merit: 134

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 04:09:23 PM

Maybe this ICO can be something different in question of mining over phones and tablets.

MIB-COIN is such, they offering app for mining. MIB coin can be mined with this app and can be latter trade.
Think this is good to see that some companies (mostly i think on ICO token are going in this direction) can be little different in future and maybe we will see that people will use something similar for some future token that can be good lather.
princesspoppy

Activity: 634
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 04:18:50 PM

I think it will take time for smartphones to be used in order to mine bitcoin. Yes, smartphones can work almost the same as laptops and computers, however, the energy used by computers are way too different from smartphones. Smartphones need to have powerful processor and longer battery life in order to mine bitcoin which I think is not that easy to achieve. But maybe someday it can,  there is nothing impossible with the help of technologies nowadays.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: