Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:33:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When will smartphones used for bitcoin mining?  (Read 4835 times)
rujuklagi

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 04:30:57 PM

As we all know that smartphones are just like computer nowadays that has strong storage capacity and processor. This I think could be enable to mine bitcoin and this is what I am waiting for if there are any smartphones company that would offer their smartphones for bitcoin mining or even as a smartphone that works as digital hardware wallet for bitcoin and other crypto. I am waiting for it to happen. Do you think that it will happen?
no, smartphones are not designed to mine bitcoin.
it will only destroy your smartphone, bitcoin mining requires adequate tools, and bitcoin mining is not as easy as imagined. requires special expertise.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Reza1893

Activity: 120
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 04:51:04 PM

As we all know that smartphones are just like computer nowadays that has strong storage capacity and processor. This I think could be enable to mine bitcoin and this is what I am waiting for if there are any smartphones company that would offer their smartphones for bitcoin mining or even as a smartphone that works as digital hardware wallet for bitcoin and other crypto. I am waiting for it to happen. Do you think that it will happen?

regarding smartphones for mining, I think it's impossible, because the difficulty of BTC mining will continue to grow and this will be a heavy burden for smartphones if it is to be used to mine, we have miners specifically designed to mine. Why should you use a smartphone which is actually a communication tool?

If a smartphone is used to store digital assets including BTC or what is often referred to as a mobile wallet, it is very possible and even now many mobile wallets have appeared.

C E N T I V E.ORG | Blockchain-based Incentive Network
                     | TokenSale: AUGUST 31st, 2018
Sofiyah

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 04:52:19 PM

smartphones can be used for mining. I've been mining electroneoum with smartphones, bitcoin too. but in my opinion it is not recommended if mining uses a smartphone, because it takes a long time and will make our smartphone damaged because it must continue to operate. it's better not to use a smartphone.
supine

Activity: 1036
Merit: 109

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 04:59:28 PM

Smart phones speed and capacity is limited not like computers, it can be used to mine, but do not expect to get much from it. There are applications that can mine cryptocurrency using smart phones, but it drains a lot of resources such as phone space and battery.
Sandijoee

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 05:18:24 PM

I don't know when it will be used? But, if this really happens this is one of the best developments for us. I hope that next year this development can be used.
Beegovere

Activity: 86

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 06:14:53 AM

That's impossible. Although smartphones are becoming more modern and highly configurable, they are not powerful enough and powerful enough to do this. Before you can exploit anything, I think your phone is broken. You have to spend a considerable amount of money to buy a phone rather than selling the quantity you have exploited

It is fancy even thinking about it! I have read once about the guy that created the mining farm using his smartphones but as soon as I remember there were more than 50 devices there, and the earnings were minimal.
It I also think that currently it is not practicing but in future may be it will become possible. i currently never heard such new about smartphone using for mining, but in future when technology will become more advance then we will become able to use bitcoin for bitcoin as well as for other altcoins mining.
ufalo3

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 08:57:22 AM

Even now it is possible to use smartphones for mining. But the question is who will be willing to take the risk of getting his Apple iPhone worth $1,000 fried, in order to get $0.0001 worth of Bitcoins every month? No one in their right mind would do that.

There is no sense to use the smartphones for mining. Your award will be extremely small. additionally, the gadget can die fast. Better use special mining equipment.
hh4mmm

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 09:16:53 AM

hahaha that can't be possible because the phone is just like palm top so can't do anything in terms of mining, secondly the Iphone will generate heat due to much load in it. so if you wanna mining you have to use a powerful laptop or desktop to mining.
btcdevil
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1027

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 09:33:53 AM

Smartphones used for mining is not possible as the mining difficulty level has gone very high and specific hardware are used to mine bitcoin. About using smrtphone as digital hardware wallet for bitcoin that i think you can use it by installing electrum android software and installing it then you can use wallet in your mobile itself, it is used from very long time.
Hiltohen

Activity: 76

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 09:38:05 AM

I dont know if i will make sense. I don't believe that there will be a time for smartphone to mine cryptocurrency but it could be integrated in the blockchain as a block or something similar to confirm the information stored in the chain.
There are certain shitcoins that can be mine out by a smartphone but well as expected those kind of mining wont really be worthy not only just wasting up your time and it isn't feasible then you are also putting up your phone into the risk on making it as an oven toaster because of such mining process. For now mining crypto would only requires graphics card and asic ones.
Honestly, I do not consider mining as a great source of earning. Though it does not require a lot of skills or investment in the form of paper money but the cons are not acceptable for me at least. First, a miner needs to have a good hardware, a 24/7 electricity supply and a setup to keep the hardware cool. It is actually costly. Trading is the best thing.
jiya jaena

Activity: 167

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 09:48:07 AM

I think bitcoin mining is too difficult for smartphones, because the block is too much. but not for altcoins, many altcoins can be mined via smartphones like monero and electronium.
sonofliberty

Activity: 395

Market Integration Platform

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 04:03:23 PM

As far as I know they are already, my question is when the smartphones will be using as a storage for cryptocurrency, I'm thinking that Samsung Galaxy S10 would be already manufactured with a hardware wallet inside.

ReiMomo

Activity: 2366
Merit: 305

Duelbits - $100k Bonus/week

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 04:10:32 PM

Smart phones cannot be used for mining for Bitcoin or for any coins I think because the mining capacity and the electricity consumption for it is very large and smart phone cannot withstand at least 1% of its need. There are huge rigs and capacitors involved for mining now a days and smart phone will burn if anything tried now.

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DICE 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
MINES 
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
PLINKO 
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
icreative998

Activity: 79

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 04:39:28 PM

I think it will happen when bitcoin gets more attention. Then the phone company or programmers will provide software to help people trade, dig and trade bitcoin or other types of cryptocurrency conveniently. Surely everything will be interesting
Richeniko55

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 04:57:56 PM

It has no sense and won't happen. Mining consumes a whole lot of energy.
korean1999

Activity: 158

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 05:27:32 PM

yeah, and like 10-20 minutes your phones goes BBQ. Not a good idea, when using tools to mining bitcoin it has to be provided with a huge amount of electricity and a cooling system, all of which are not gonna happen on a mobile phone.

Cobrak777

Activity: 224
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 08:36:42 PM

I don't see smartphones will used as a bitcoin mining because it is hard to make a rig to it. And I think most of phones are not supported on any mining sites that can really provide a good mining conditions. But if it's possible it will became easy to find to the miners to make more profit.
setialovers

Activity: 812
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 12:30:46 AM

Smartphone is comunication device and i think its not wise using smartphone for mining bitcoin. Its not good idea but maybe smartphone manufacture think otherwise and maybe in the future they will make it but i think it will not eficient because battery smartphone is limited in time
gambitcoin53

Activity: 378
Merit: 25

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 12:40:21 AM

even if there will come a time that smartphones manufacturers offers phones that mines bitcoin, we could hardly imagine how much it could cost, like with desktop computers, the cost is pretty much expensive putting up a mining, not to mention hardwares and tools to be used by smartphones, i think it will not be possible, there are lots of apps today that says it can mine bitcoins but all turns out to be bogus, maybe smartphone can mine bitcoins but it will take a long time to mine how much desktop computers can. it is not just going to happen, at least in a couple of decade maybe.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
hilawnasaging

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 12:58:12 AM

At some point, it is possible but it will take a long period of time before it is publicize. Have you ever heard about the ROG phone?? The latest gaming mobile device of Asus?? The mobile devices is created for hard gamers and people who wants a pocket type laptop interface. If the ROG phone can mine bitcoins, that means that mobile devices needs to enhance to be able to mine bitcoins. The only problem is, are the manufacturers and producers willing to create one?? And are the consumers willing to purchase even if it will cost a fortune??
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: