Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:45:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When will smartphones used for bitcoin mining?  (Read 4835 times)
elimi

Activity: 255
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 03:11:26 PM

As we all know that smartphones are just like computer nowadays that has strong storage capacity and processor. This I think could be enable to mine bitcoin and this is what I am waiting for if there are any smartphones company that would offer their smartphones for bitcoin mining or even as a smartphone that works as digital hardware wallet for bitcoin and other crypto. I am waiting for it to happen. Do you think that it will happen?

I think that as sophisticated as a cellphone made to mine bitcoin will not happen, because I think the "life" time of a cellphone will not last long because it has to work more than normal standards.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RippleSpaset

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 03:46:33 PM

Cryptocurrency mining — the gold rush of the twenty-first century. In the pursuit of cryptocurrency miners buying the video card and cryptotermes cost several thousand dollars. But is it possible to mine without serious investments? It turns out that every person with a mobile phone in his hands is a potential miner So it is already possible to mine
geegaw

Activity: 1316
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 03:58:03 PM

I think this is market dependent, if there is a high demand that people will buy a smartphone that can be used for mining cryptocurrencies, then this will be made immediately by the company, I believe that the most important factor of the market is necessity.
I do not think people need a smartphone for mining, it is probably a very useless thing and work with a low performance, even wasted money when smart phones can not sustain and qualify for a long time mining. Compared to a phone, a super-powerful computer or a device for mining still has a higher capacity, this is a modern society, we should aim for what gives us the greatest benefit, even if the smartphone can be used for bitcoin mining, people will also not welcome it, they already have the necessary tools

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
Donationcoin

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 04:33:01 PM

As we all know that smartphones are just like computer nowadays that has strong storage capacity and processor. This I think could be enable to mine bitcoin and this is what I am waiting for if there are any smartphones company that would offer their smartphones for bitcoin mining or even as a smartphone that works as digital hardware wallet for bitcoin and other crypto. I am waiting for it to happen. Do you think that it will happen?
I've heard a joke that Samsung Galaxy X10 would be a first smartphone with integrated and built-in cryptocurrency wallet to store your crypto but every joke has a part of Truth, isn't it?
Rizky Aditya

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 07:08:21 AM

Smart phones cannot be used for mining for Bitcoin or for any coins I think because the mining capacity and the electricity consumption for it is very large and smart phone cannot withstand at least 1% of its need. There are huge rigs and capacitors involved for mining now a days and smart phone will burn if anything tried now.
Mining altcoins like monero or electronium won’t do any good because these are not too much in demand so one way or the other, mining using smartphones is useless. Besides, this is a very expensive method of making money. Mining demands a lot of requirements. Besides, smartphones have hardware which will wear out too quickly if used for mining.
pokeronlinestatus

Activity: 455
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 07:37:44 AM

At some point, it is possible but it will take a long period of time before it is publicize. Have you ever heard about the ROG phone?? The latest gaming mobile device of Asus?? The mobile devices is created for hard gamers and people who wants a pocket type laptop interface. If the ROG phone can mine bitcoins, that means that mobile devices needs to enhance to be able to mine bitcoins. The only problem is, are the manufacturers and producers willing to create one?? And are the consumers willing to purchase even if it will cost a fortune??
Right now, we have information about all mobile companies and mobile sets they are manufacturing. Mostly, mobile phones are now smartphones but they are likely to be manufactured as per customer requirement. Hence, the technological aspects are compromised in many products. You can’t just use such low technological background mobile phones for mining.
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 10:30:23 AM

I've heard a joke that Samsung Galaxy X10 would be a first smartphone with integrated and built-in cryptocurrency wallet to store your crypto but every joke has a part of Truth, isn't it?
Except if it's pure BS and has no source? Roll Eyes I looked up Samsung Galaxy X10 and there are no relevant results. You shouldn't just believe people's posts in here. You have to look it up so you wouldn't be misinformed.

i think it has been happened, especially samsung that make bitcoin mining from 40 smartphones. look at this: https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/3kvdv9/samsung-upcycling-galaxy-s5-bitcoin-mining-rig 
This is actually quite an interesting article. I never thought that much about using old phones. For some reason I was thinking about people using their personal device or purchasing phones specifically for mining. It's quite interesting that it was actually Samsung itself that did it. I'm sure they have the most access to phones. Haha. They said that 8 Galaxy S5 phones could mine better than a standard desktop computer. It still seems like it would take a long time to get more value out of the phones than you could sell them on eBay. Using old phones for different projects is really cool though. I liked the fish tank bit at the end of the article.
And 8x Galaxy S5 costs? It costs way more than a standard desktop computer. And to think that you can only get them in secondhand, it's going to die rather quickly. Why do people keep on pushing the mining with Smartphone idea when you can just build a PC for mining if you wanna mine bitcoins? I mean I get the idea that it's cool to mine with something that we already have but even if it's become possible, it's just not worth destroying your phone for something that you think is cool.

Exactly bitcoin mining on a smartphone will be impossible to realize, but some other coin - why not. I guess big smartphone producers are already thinking about their own coins, like Apple coin, which will be possible to mine on the smartphone of this firm.
Actually they kind of already have that. In a way, Samsung Pay and Apple Pay are like that. They are both digital currencies just like cryptocurrencies.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

andika2018

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 11:53:42 AM

Its not safe using our smarthphone for mining bitcoin. Beside its not worth to mine, it can damage our smartphone. Better using ideal mining rig to mining bitcoin, beside earn more bitcoin, its more safe for our device
nightxglow

Merit: 251

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 12:46:42 PM

I think we need a very great technology in the smartphone to do mining, so it won't damage our phone. But with this current smartphones, it won't be possible, and will be very difficult.
But i would be very glad if it can happen since i want to try mining as well, but it's very expensive to do, and i don't really understand.
It might be a great idea though, maybe those smartphone companies will invent new smartphones to mine bitcoin.

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
brukva

Activity: 103

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 12:56:10 PM

I read that there are already such smartphones, but they somehow get them in a different way.
nur rochid

Activity: 1050

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 01:01:14 PM

I think we need a very great technology in the smartphone to do mining, so it won't damage our phone. But with this current smartphones, it won't be possible, and will be very difficult.
But i would be very glad if it can happen since i want to try mining as well, but it's very expensive to do, and i don't really understand.
It might be a great idea though, maybe those smartphone companies will invent new smartphones to mine bitcoin.
right, for now i don't think that technology in smartphones has supported the mining, we imagine that using a PC requires a lot of electrical energy, and expensive miner equipment. i would also be interested if there is a smartphone that fulfills the spec to mine
Baggong

Activity: 247

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 02:15:32 PM

For mining bitcoin or cryptocurrencies like ethereum certainly requires very high specifications, but I'm sure that one day smartphones can be designed for mining so we wait for what happens with the development of smartphones.
camric09

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

BitHostCoin.io

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 02:27:41 PM

For mining bitcoin or cryptocurrencies like ethereum certainly requires very high specifications, but I'm sure that one day smartphones can be designed for mining so we wait for what happens with the development of smartphones.

Yes it really needs a very high specifications of devices to be able to mine with profit in bitcoin, with the current specs of mobile phones now I think it cannot help us to get good profit.

│      Whitepaper      │            ▰▰▰  BITHOST  ▰▰▰            │            The Coin With Implemented Project            │      Announce      │
―――――            COMPLETE SOLUTION FOR HOSTING WITH CRYPTOCURRENCY            ―――――
│     Telegram     │     Twitter     │     Facebook
rocku12345

Activity: 882
Merit: 518

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 02:30:37 PM

Yes it really needs a very high specifications of devices to be able to mine with profit in bitcoin, with the current specs of mobile phones now I think it cannot help us to get good profit.

Needs, but there was a case, when Samsung developers used several their smartphones S5 for a mining. So if there will be a good soft in Google Play we can try to mine some coins even this year.
nguyenthanhvien

Activity: 148

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2018, 04:49:03 PM

This is very unlikely. Smartphones in recent years are well configured but for a good phone to exploit virtual currency, the price of the phone will be around 1000 usd. It is costly that you can invest in powerful PC configurations and will have a lot of efficiency.
heroson

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2018, 05:46:50 PM

It would really be wonderful , when it happen or will happen for real. Its one of my dreams.But they say its not worth it and its true. Bitcoin mining in your smartphone leads to the huge damage.So better not to try it now. But i can imagine it in future. Lets wait and watch what happens next
yonjitsu

Activity: 476

www.daxico.com

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 06:17:48 PM

Mining cryptocurrencies using smartphones? Isn't it that smartphones are not intended for crypto mining purposes because there is an appropriate machine for that? Well, if that's going to happen, i believe that smartphones life span will be put in jeopardy.

Tory-Tory

Activity: 196

“Blockchain Powered Clinical Trial Management”

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 06:37:14 PM

It won't happen.

Smartphone for bitcoin mining? you are just destroying your phone.

Smartphone as digital wallet, you can simply download an app / wallet and that's how you make it as your wallet.

You never know! With the help of nano technology we may be able to achieve smaller chips that produces as much power as a full sized mining rigs in future. I mean that is not the reality now but it may become in future. If you were 80's kid, did you ever think that you can carry a computer in your pocket? Because what computer we have seen that time was Pentium one and it required an air conditioned room to run that. Nano technology achieved that impossible and now we carry a smart phone inside our pocket.

So keep your hope high as we don't know where the technological achievements can take us!

If nano-processors are created that will allow to produce more bitcoin and consume less energy, nothing will change, the phones will not be used for production anyway. To say why?
Because such technologies will be used in the production of asic miners.

Irwandho

Activity: 83

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 07:07:00 PM

As we all know that mining requires a powerful equipment to be able to mine more bitcoin in a certain period time, then I think smartphones are not capable of doing that. Bitcoin mining in mobile might only cause your smartphones to get damaged or broken. If there are instances that you can mine bitcoin from smartphones, I believe it is not that profitable. A smartphone is probably best used for its original purpose only.

I think it is not wise because technological developments in the future of smartphones can also be used for bitcoin mining, but of course that will also affect the price of bitcoin
I think if bitcoin can be mined using a smartphone it certainly requires smartphone specifications that are very capable, because if we only use PC mining, we need a large VGA specification
atariguy

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 07:18:18 PM

there was already such a cryptocurrency, which is produced exclusively on phones. it was promoted by McAfee. it is called electroneum. but unfortunately she is not given recovery and forgot about it. and mining on the phone, I think it is not advisable. it spoils the equipment very quickly. not intended use
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: