Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:12:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When will smartphones used for bitcoin mining?  (Read 4835 times)
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2018, 03:51:15 AM

With the total hash-power increasing day by day, it will be ridiculous to expect smartphones to be used for mining anytime in the next 1000 years. Unless some corporation comes up with smartphones having 2,000 GB RAM.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
A.SanchezNo7

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 07:53:26 AM

As we all know that smartphones are just like computer nowadays that has strong storage capacity and processor. This I think could be enable to mine bitcoin and this is what I am waiting for if there are any smartphones company that would offer their smartphones for bitcoin mining or even as a smartphone that works as digital hardware wallet for bitcoin and other crypto. I am waiting for it to happen. Do you think that it will happen?

Dear friend,
What a great idea. I enjoyed it. In your 2 ideas I prefer the second idea because this has been and is becoming a reality like the way we use smart phone as the passport. About the first idea, the smartphone will be the bitcoin mining, this idea can completely be done in the near future with the strong development of technology but I do not like to always carry a virtual money digging machine regardless of any time.
lixer

Activity: 2506
Merit: 586

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 06:56:41 AM

As we all know that smartphones are just like computer nowadays that has strong storage capacity and processor. This I think could be enable to mine bitcoin and this is what I am waiting for if there are any smartphones company that would offer their smartphones for bitcoin mining or even as a smartphone that works as digital hardware wallet for bitcoin and other crypto. I am waiting for it to happen. Do you think that it will happen?
Meeehn… this just reminded me of a news article I read last month about hackers who are hijacking people’s phones and using it to mine Bitcoins. They said once your phone is hijacked that it starts heating up and the battery starts to drain quickly…. I don’t know if that’s true, but if it is, then there is the possibility that you can use smartphones to mine Bitcoin. But as an individual you wouldn’t get any profit from that. Sad

YinShuiSiYuan

Activity: 1680
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 12:09:24 PM

at the moment, there is already a coin that is extracted exclusively from the smartphone. another question is how appropriate? the phone will quickly become unusable very quickly

The profitability of bitcoin mining with a smartphone is none. Continuous work of the processor at 100% will adversely affect its condition and battery. There is also a problem of access to the current source throughout the day to recharge the battery. It is not to be expected that smartphones will meet the expectations for mining of cryptocurrencies.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
kennen1113

Activity: 224
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2018, 12:20:06 PM

at the moment, there is already a coin that is extracted exclusively from the smartphone. another question is how appropriate? the phone will quickly become unusable very quickly

The profitability of bitcoin mining with a smartphone is none. Continuous work of the processor at 100% will adversely affect its condition and battery. There is also a problem of access to the current source throughout the day to recharge the battery. It is not to be expected that smartphones will meet the expectations for mining of cryptocurrencies.
Exactly, the performance that a smartphone can provide is too low for mining, so even if bitcoin is mined by smartphones, the number of miners using this tool is also extremely low, a story of wasting time and causing such material damage, people will not do. The traditional way of mining is still more common, using appropriate equipment and high capacity is always a top priority for miners, smartphones are just for the newbie and lack understanding

Silica NeXus                 
▄▄▄▄▄  Crowdfund the Nexus  ▄▄▄▄▄
hawkins

Activity: 1204
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 12:26:47 PM

yeah, you're right. even for very sophisticated computers, still need help from a good VGA and lots to get a high enough income. I think, using smartphones for minning only makes smartphones quickly damaged.
muthubabi

Activity: 78

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 12:29:47 PM

You not able to mine bitcoin from a any of smart phone. It is useless thing. But you can mine Electroneum (ETN) from any good smart phone. Download their official app for the Electroneum (ETN) mining.
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 01:06:28 PM

~snip
yeah, you're right. even for very sophisticated computers, still need help from a good VGA and lots to get a high enough income. I think, using smartphones for minning only makes smartphones quickly damaged.
I think you meant GPU card (Graphics Processing Unit)/Video card. VGA (Video Graphics Array) is the port that you can find behind your computer which is used to connect your computer to a display (monitor). Here's a picture of a VGA port and I'm sure you're not going to need good amount of this in order to mine crypto.

You not able to mine bitcoin from a any of smart phone. It is useless thing. But you can mine Electroneum (ETN) from any good smart phone. Download their official app for the Electroneum (ETN) mining.
Even with other crypto coins, you have to calculate if you're going to make money from it or are you just destroying your phone and just wasting time, and pay electricity for it, even.

With the total hash-power increasing day by day, it will be ridiculous to expect smartphones to be used for mining anytime in the next 1000 years. Unless some corporation comes up with smartphones having 2,000 GB RAM.
I didn't know RAM is what you use in mining. So what is the processing speed of your RAM? Cheesy

Meeehn… this just reminded me of a news article I read last month about hackers who are hijacking people’s phones and using it to mine Bitcoins. They said once your phone is hijacked that it starts heating up and the battery starts to drain quickly…. I don’t know if that’s true, but if it is, then there is the possibility that you can use smartphones to mine Bitcoin. But as an individual you wouldn’t get any profit from that. Sad
I already read an article last month about Jesus coming to my town but I didn't believe it. Not everything published is true. You don't have to believe everything written on the Internet. Just think about this, it's almost impossible to hack a Smartphone. But now that hackers were able to do that (assuming so), they are just going to make your phone mine bitcoins when it doesn't even have that much power? That doesn't make any sense as they could have accessed passwords and bank accounts using the phone. Smartphones' processing speed is so low that it will take tons of hacked phones just to have a mining power as a single GPU. Hackers surely don't think like that.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

Lhaine

Activity: 742
Merit: 128

Coinbene.com - Experience Fast Crypto Trading

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 01:44:58 PM

Oh really?  ETN can mine by using smart phone? Actually i am looking for that happen. If there is a way to mine bitcoin by using smartphone for sure i will study it to do mining.
Mao siro

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 04:04:19 PM

I'm sure many large smartphone companies like Samsung, iPhone and so on are developing smartphones for mining, this is because the future of the transaction system is crypto, so making smartphones for mining is a good thing.
vachellie

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 04:14:28 PM

Even though smartphone now days have almost same spec like computer, computer is still better from it, i don't think this is good idea to make phone for mining tools, because everyone use their phone for communication or killing time playing some games, not for mining and i think it will use much battery  and make phone run out of battery much faster. So it's better use your computer to do mining than smartphone, charging while you using your smartphone could harm battery.
renggileh

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 06:51:50 PM

Look at this
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4745515.0
the project is developing a platform for applications that can be used on your smartphone to do bitcoin mining.
muddy waters

Activity: 294

JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 07:04:10 PM

Imagine what battery would a smartphone need in order to do mining.
Are there such batteries such would withstand the expenses of a smartphone processor while you are away from a charger? No.
So I don't think such a mining would be at least profitable.

jeniferqueen0409

Activity: 394
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 07:14:39 PM

Look at this
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4745515.0
the project is developing a platform for applications that can be used on your smartphone to do bitcoin mining.
Module project probably will not be deployed, I observe that their ICO is not enough soft cap. ICOs aren't easy to gain the trust of investors now, their ICO time is still much but I think the investment has stopped.
patimahsunda

Activity: 323
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 07:34:40 PM

I don't know when that will happen. I think it's very difficult to mine bitcoin with a smartphone. Because the mining rig alone is very difficult and takes a long time. So what if done with a smartphone. I don't think that will happen. But we don't know what technology will be present in the future.
beyasuli

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 12:04:01 PM

I'm sure many large smartphone companies like Samsung, iPhone and so on are developing smartphones for mining, this is because the future of the transaction system is crypto, so making smartphones for mining is a good thing.
I think one day a smartphone can be used to mine bitcoin, but I'm sure the results obtained are smaller than using a PC. Even in vain because the functionality of the smartphone is so much and requires great power, it is very wasteful for the battery. We can do this when the battery is charging, but it will damage the smartphone battery life. While bitcoin mining is very wasteful of electricity, the results obtained can be used less to pay for electricity and repair smartphones. One day I believe the smart phone manufacturer found a way to solve the problem.
Ragoth

Activity: 52

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 12:19:20 PM

This is a joke? Smartphone maybe is good for not popular altcoins but for BTC when you need rival with ASICs farms this is not possible.
I know only one example ETN. But this is not normal mining because for each smartfon hashrate is same for me this is artificial Proof of Work
surfer43

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

"Trading Platform of The Future!"

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 12:23:35 PM

You should move this topic in Mining section.
Also I don't think that smartphones can ever mine bitcoins. Atleast smartphones can mine some low difficulty coin but it is impossible to mine bitcoins from a smartphone. It would simply blow up overheating and would give nothing but a loss. Also some low configuration CPU can't handle the bitcoin mining process and even they blow up so smartphones are a way too far from mining bitcoins.
proxydomain711

Activity: 58

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 12:31:00 PM

I don't think so. Yes, smartphones are designed to be as portable 'computers', but the processing power is just insufficient to gain any profit from mining. It is well designed to perform simple tasks such as capturing images, sending SMS and all that stuff but focusing on the processing power will render your phone useless and won't be able to do what you're 'supposed to do' with a smartphone. The battery will also likely to exceed its limit temperature and the total casing of the phone is another limitation as there is not enough space and peripherals to dissipate the heat generated, reulting in maybe an explosion of the battery.
bitcoinveda

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 12:31:53 PM

Recently i don't see any major update from the community whether when they are going to launch the Mobile Mining for Bitcoin, it is not an easy job to integrate them with the mobile and most of the mobile operators will not support it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: