Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:12:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Trading or mining?  (Read 4804 times)
gudrun

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 01:07:42 PM

Just had a chat with my friend on setting up mining in my farm house. He advised and suggested more to invest in crypto currencies then investing and spending time in mining. What you guys would suggest me of. Or shall i start with small investment on mining from house with rigs attached to system i have in my house and start a farm house once experienced or do not get into mining? Suggest me dudes.
Think about the cost of mine mining, taking a bit of profit to exploit bitcoin, while many predict that bitcoin will drop to $ 2k. I think it's really risky to mining, trade and you can exit the market at any time

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DarkIT

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 01:08:08 PM

If I was I would choose to invest. Investing makes more money if you know how to invest. The current bitcoin mining is very difficult to profit because the cost of exploiting bitcoin is very high.
for now, I am very interested in trying Minning, but I think that requires a lot of money, extra attention, and a considerable risk. considering that, I chose to trade for now. Well, trading is really a good thing in my opinion.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
CPLAY - IDO█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L   
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
gerald246kru

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 01:17:21 PM

As i know, at the moment if you invest to mining ROI is reduced too much compare with Q4 2017, Q1 2018 due to BTC, ETH price equal 30% that time, so cost for equipment, electric fee will make more time to get benefit from mining.
Yes, the cost of electricity, the office is too large compared to the current ROI. Instead of mining he can trade and win profits every day, the market is low, buying and selling at higher prices
herurist

Activity: 1680
Merit: 259

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 01:44:44 PM

Just had a chat with my friend on setting up mining in my farm house. He advised and suggested more to invest in crypto currencies then investing and spending time in mining. What you guys would suggest me of. Or shall i start with small investment on mining from house with rigs attached to system i have in my house and start a farm house once experienced or do not get into mining? Suggest me dudes.

The question is which one you can do the best, trading/ mining?. The person who know their capability only the player ( you are ) and know market condition right now is better. Every activity have risk and if you can handle it market will give you their own answer that sometimes can make you bankrupt. I suggest you try trading and take result as capital for the next step, mining. Good luck to you.

██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
CryptoTech_

Activity: 994
Merit: 106

Official Street Team member

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 02:58:36 PM

mining requires large capital, if you start mining with a small capital it will only waste time, because before mining you have to think about the monthly electricity costs that you have to pay, my friend also suggests that, so if your capital is only a little advice I am trading compared to mining

Beyond Protocol Street Team
http://beyond.link | Coming Fall 2021
Official bitcointalk thread
Stolivie

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 08:05:52 AM

I prefer to trade, now we have to buy coins in the market, because all the coins in the trading market are decreasing, buy as much as we have capital, then trade with the long term, we will definitely have the profit very much.
Trading is only profitable in bullish market. These days coin keep on decreasing in value and all the people who trade are in a loss. On the other hand Minning gives you daily profit as you keep on mining daily
StephenieDuong

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

—RUSHMOON — Automatic LP & Yield Farm & AMM on BSC

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 09:42:42 AM

Trading and mining are two difference investment type. With trading you just need to control your money and try to earn maximum profit each day. But with mining, you need to check and make sure miners machine doing well everyday, electric bill...

░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░
          ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░░     ░░
        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░░      ░░░░
     ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░ ░░░     ░░░
    ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░   ░▓▓▓░  ░░▓▓▓░
   ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░          ░▒░░ ░▒▓▓▓▓░░
   ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░              ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░           ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
  ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░            ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
  ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░          ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
  ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░▓▓░▓▓▓░░  ░░  ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
   ░▓▓▓▓░░░░▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓░░▒▓░ ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
   ░░▓▓░░░▓▓░░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
    ░░░░▓▓░░░░▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
     ░░▓▓░░ ▓▓░░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
   ░░▓░░░▓▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
 ░░▓░░░░▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░
    ░░▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░
  ░░▓▓░░░▒▓▓░░  ░░ ░░░░░░░░░░
 ░▓▓░   ░░░
RushMoon
Automatic LP & Yield Farm & AMM on BSC
brightMan

Activity: 82
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 11:47:20 AM

I think trading is better than mining, especially market conditions that are difficult to guess and seem to decrease while maintenance costs still even increase so that it is more difficult to profit if we are mining, while trading is simple.
Mining consumes more money on electricity and little other consumption which results in lesser profit than that of profit with trading. Trading is a profitable way and we can do it smoothly in different times depending upon our knowledge. If we handle it carefully with focus then we will have a good time here, exchanges also help us in making and reaching out to our final profit.

hengha

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 11:51:41 AM

From the current market conditions, the risk of engaging in the mining industry is increasing. First, because you need a large number of mining machines to get considerable profits, and the mining machine is a huge investment, you also need to consume electricity and so on!

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
r.black

Activity: 151

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 12:30:20 PM

Well, for starters, these are things that can not be compared.) If you are engaged in trade, then you are focused on making profit here and now, working on a familiar situation and trying to get your piece out of the market. Mining is a passive income, but which requires resources, and its payback is not always the same as you expected initially. On the good - you can try yourself in everything and see where your income is obtained as a result more
Mazzary

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 12:58:04 PM

I personally choose trading because it is fun to drive adrenaline when the price of a coin goes down there is a time when the price of the coin goes up which makes me motivated to analyze various things that affect the price change, while mining requires large capital but has a big advantage too, so it all depends on interest and our financial condition
chibimanau

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 03:10:53 PM

The current bitcoin mining costs are very high, including equipment and electricity prices monthly. So, i prefer to trade. I choose the good coin as BTC, ETH ... buy when the market goes down and keep them for about two years until the market rebounds again.
zeaderza

Activity: 896
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 07:13:45 AM

If there is money to invest, mining will be an option not bad. My country lives relatively cheap electricity prices, benefits are not lower than trading.
You better know the aspects of mining, that is great. Mostly people want to start mining as they get it through general aspect and that doesn’t let them go deep in facts that are needed. For mining, every other thing just works fine except electricity. As systems must be strong and they should be running for whole day and consuming extra power, so cheap electricity must be provided.
Oasisman

Activity: 2604
Merit: 549

Rollbit

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 07:52:34 AM

If there is money to invest, mining will be an option not bad. My country lives relatively cheap electricity prices, benefits are not lower than trading.
You better know the aspects of mining, that is great. Mostly people want to start mining as they get it through general aspect and that doesn’t let them go deep in facts that are needed. For mining, every other thing just works fine except electricity. As systems must be strong and they should be running for whole day and consuming extra power, so cheap electricity must be provided.

Electricity has been the most common problem in mining, and miners prefer to build a rig in a country who has cheap electricity, and Georgia was the most preferd country.
These days mining Bitcoin is almost an unprofitable method of investment, not unless if you have a really huge mining farm. Another problem in todays mining, is the level of difficulty to mine everybit of Bitcoin as there are only 21million supplies and there are 17million circulating supplies in the market already.
Best option for the OP is to do trading. Although it is more riskier than mining, but it can make good returns than mining.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
0xBitcoins

Activity: 115
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 08:17:48 AM

My good friend started with mining ten months ago. He started with one rig. After three, four months he had four rigs. It seems like it is profitable since he expanded his 'business'. As I understand, only problem he could have was electric energy bills but he solved that problem by placing rigs on different locations(at his fathers house, mother house etc). Overall, he is not complaining, never had problem with hardware, he is still mining and saving his coins. He is trading too but is not good in it and his primary coin income source is mining.
Make analysis, see what you can get out of mining, I think that you can find that info easy, and decide
It is good to see that you want to help the victims of earthquake but I think you will get a better response if you create a new thread with topic related to your concern. I don’t think that many people are going to respond you in a positive way. They might ask you for your identity and stuff like that. After all, it is a trading discussion section. Best of luck with the donations.
OrangeSeller

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:55:46 AM

I think trading is better than mining, especially market conditions that are difficult to guess and seem to decrease while maintenance costs still even increase so that it is more difficult to profit if we are mining, while trading is simple.

I am not trading right now because do the cost and benefit analysis and it is not just profitable to do the trading right now because you do not earn good money when the price falls or when the market is a bit down. About the mining, I would say that it depends on the price of the mining and you have to decide if the price of the mining is less than the price in the market, you can do mine the coins.
Whenever the price of the mining becomes equal to the price of Bitcoin in the market, you are just left with no incentive to mine anymore.

tailwate07

Activity: 368
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 11:04:20 AM

Lolzzz did you just say farm house? Anyway if I were you, I would make the decision based on whether I have the skills that’s required for trading and whether I’m ready to carry the expenses that will come from mining. It’s not a new for everyone today that trading carries a lot of risk, and mining itself carries a lot of expenses . So if you can’t do trading, then go for mining and if you can’t handle the expenses you should go for trading then, or maybe cloud mining.
kakonhat

Activity: 1106
Merit: 11

Crypto in my Blood

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 12:38:54 PM

I think your friend didn't give you bad advise. I don't know where are you from! Because mining is costly if in your country don't have a low cost on the Electricity charge. But there is a low cost of electricity in your country then you can run a mining machine. You can do one more thing just find a people who are doing the mining in your country to get the better result properly, what is good for you.

Dontme

Activity: 798
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 12:41:34 PM

Mining need more plan before you start because possible to lose your money once you failed. Many people who started mining losing their capital. Do some strategy and and you will be able to earn money.

But if you want more safe you can invest to trading by buying altcoin.
The same as trading, they are both risky. In order to earn and not lose to much you need to find your own strategy where mostly some big traders and miners advice to us.
agnostos

Activity: 62

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 12:50:02 PM

Electricity has been the most common problem in mining, and miners prefer to build a rig in a country who has cheap electricity, and Georgia was the most preferd country.
These days mining Bitcoin is almost an unprofitable method of investment, not unless if you have a really huge mining farm. Another problem in todays mining, is the level of difficulty to mine everybit of Bitcoin as there are only 21million supplies and there are 17million circulating supplies in the market already.
Best option for the OP is to do trading. Although it is more riskier than mining, but it can make good returns than mining.
Mining is profitable when you have a cheaper electricity in your area. Many miners today sell their mining hardwares because of the electricity problem. Trading is much better when mining is not for you
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: