Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:03:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Trading or mining?  (Read 4804 times)
KuromaYoichi

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 02:42:52 PM

If the electricity in your place is cheap and you can do it then i think it's one of a good source as passive income, but the downside is you have to wait for a long time to break even. In trading the risk is higher but you can earn money quickly but you have to be good at it. If you want to mine then it may be the right time as there's a new gpu in near future.

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.300% APY on USDT Deposits.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Crypto_Spike_Factor

Activity: 125
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 03:05:00 PM

The best way is to trade. Although theres a lot of risk management along with emotional management to take care of whereas mining is very simple although costly as the newest mining machine has been produce monthly if not annually. Hence, trading is the best soluton in which you can consider on hodling first and learn to trade precisely before considering scalping/day trading.
aggeyysido

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

The Intelligent Retail Currency

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 05:28:19 PM

If we talk only about me, my answer is trade, not production. This is my character, it is justified only by my character.

Ⓞ fluzcoin Ⓞ
█ The Intelligent Retail Currency █
❐ Backed up by global retailers ❐ Legally compliant ❐ Non-speculative
xitrum

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 11:04:09 PM

Just had a chat with my friend on setting up mining in my farm house. He advised and suggested more to invest in crypto currencies then investing and spending time in mining. What you guys would suggest me of. Or shall i start with small investment on mining from house with rigs attached to system i have in my house and start a farm house once experienced or do not get into mining? Suggest me dudes.
You can see that the current market is showing signs of very bad, bitcoin prices are constantly adjusting and currently, although slightly up to $ 6700 level but can drop sharply at any time. So to be profitable with low risk then I believe you should only trade. Mining is very risky as the market is bearish and bitcoins are falling sharply.

butterflies04

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2018, 11:12:19 PM

I have free electricity and I still have not started mining.  Go have a read in the mining sections of this forum. Those guys will scare you out of mining in a few threads.  I still don't know what to do at this point. 

lotsky123

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 11:14:26 PM

Mining is more profitable than trading but it needs a lot of money to start with. If can afford to buy that expensive equipment then you can start mining farm in your house but if don't have that much then I would suggest you to start trading. Though trading is also a lucky thing, then try to learn the basics to be able to succeed and earn enough to start mining.
alibaba93

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 11:45:08 PM

Just had a chat with my friend on setting up mining in my farm house. He advised and suggested more to invest in crypto currencies then investing and spending time in mining. What you guys would suggest me of. Or shall i start with small investment on mining from house with rigs attached to system i have in my house and start a farm house once experienced or do not get into mining? Suggest me dudes.
You can see that at the moment bitcoin prices are heading below the $ 6800 level and are still in the bearish trend in the long term, so I believe that at this time if bitcoin mining continues, Very high and the profit is lower. Therefore, I believe that this time you should only trade bitcoin to be able to reduce risk and make profits more secure.
Neglected Person

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 02:15:15 AM

There is a risk between both trading or mining. But the words are not business without risk. Where the risk is high, there are good and many more. But I give more importance to trading than mining. I like trading a lot, because I have gained a lot through trading.
xvacator

Activity: 340
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 04:42:59 AM

I can give a suggestion to do trading than mining because, in trading, you can expecting to make a big profit although you need to learn more about trading. but if you can learn some lesson about trading, I am sure that soon, you can make your first profit and you can continue to make the next profit. but in the mining, you need to buy the hardware, you need to calculate the electricity fee, you need to know what coins that will give you a big return, you need to know when you can reach your first ROI and else. so it is better to do trading than mining but I see that many people can get profit by doing both trading and mining at the same time.
umbara ardian

Activity: 1344
Merit: 259

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 04:55:33 AM

I think trading can provide a lot of advantages over mining because with trading you are not too bothered to think about the difficulty level of mining and breaking the blocks to get bitcoin.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
MrLBE

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 08:08:13 AM

Mining is require you to spend more time and money, and the economic problem is how long the payback period will occur? Some of first question you must answer is your electricity price at your residence? do you have knowledge of hardware? (optimize the hardware to bring best profit / $ you invested?)
lordmick

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 08:40:12 AM

Actually result of mining depends on what do you mine. In the long term conditions mining can provide you with stable income. But to get this profit you have to wait for a long period of time (may be 1-2 years or even more). As for trading, it is very risky, but if you have enough experience on it (especially on technical analysis), you can earn quick money, but you must remember that if you make a mistake, you either lose money or you have to wait like a miner. Personally I prefer to trade, especially young leverage.
illnino

Activity: 756
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 08:31:02 AM

Trading is better on currency circumstances because the rates are too low and power consumption is high so mining will not be profitable.

Sure, mining will never give you much money. Each year the awards of the miners are cut, and this business becomes less and less popular. Trading is much better and profitable.
Xardasim

Activity: 1624
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 11:33:26 AM

I have free electricity and I still have not started mining.  Go have a read in the mining sections of this forum. Those guys will scare you out of mining in a few threads.  I still don't know what to do at this point. 

Mining is good, but not for Bitcoin. It is not true that spend so much money for mining during the price drops. But, in any case, there is no limit to what you can earn with trade.
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 12:36:55 PM

Mining is not as simple as buy, setup and earn scheme

A lot of things to be considered, and a much higher risk awaits

Like:

mining Difficulty - difficulty today may not be equal for tomorrow and will greatly affects profitability

machine - maintenance, monitoring, phasing out over the years

Hazards/Safety - design a mining house, electrical and wirings

Heat/Noise - mining gears accumulate heat and need a proper ventilation or Cooling system in place

Permits - Other location requiring this if you build a farm

Budget - you cant mine profitably today in a hundred bucks

Now, Compare this to trading, as mention earlier by the people above

Wink

suzanne5223

Activity: 2604
Merit: 650

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2018, 01:13:55 PM

Mining is require you to spend more time and money, and the economic problem is how long the payback period will occur? Some of first question you must answer is your electricity price at your residence? do you have knowledge of hardware? (optimize the hardware to bring best profit / $ you invested?)
I definitely agree with what you said cause the OP seems yet to have much experience in mining so there's possibility for him/her not to have better understanding of the mining hardware and my own advice is to invest in trading while you gather all the needed mining equipment (farm, rig etc).

dioanna

Activity: 612
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 02:20:03 PM

I prefer trading than mining..
i find mining hugely complicated than trading , a lot of technicalities aside the fact that it will cost you a lot.
In trading i think it more easy for me to earn simply by buying the TOP 10 coins and holding them for long term.

wendiar19

Activity: 470
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 02:24:23 PM

of course I will still choose to trade because with trading I can get profits without having to think about electricity costs and it is not too difficult to think of algorithms to solve blocks to get bitcoin.

Maymun_lavigne

Activity: 434
Merit: 126

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 03:39:33 PM

if you have little money , I think is good for trading and if your balance enough for bought miner .
for fast get more profit , trading is good choice more than mining altcoin or bitcoin , because you must wait return until 6-8 month for BEP.
mak lessoh

Activity: 181

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 03:53:10 PM

if you have little money , I think is good for trading and if your balance enough for bought miner .
for fast get more profit , trading is good choice more than mining altcoin or bitcoin , because you must wait return until 6-8 month for BEP.
you are right, in trading we can use a little capital to make a profit, then we can develop it to many times, many people get rich by becoming traders and I want to be part of them.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: