Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:12:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Trading or mining?  (Read 4804 times)
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 01:47:24 PM

Trading is far better than mining, Doing trading you can expect 10x like profit but in mining you cannot expect
this kind of profit. In 3 month period I converted 130$ into 3000$ through trading. Through mining you can expect only return of your investment in 3 months so my suggestion is trading is better than mining.

I agree with your reply; however, not just because of how quick an investment could return, but I think, the main consideration in this case is the fact that trading is easier to do while not shedding out that much capital in exchange. Remember that, in mining, you need to first set-up, not just one, but a couple of mining rigs, in order to make profit. Those mining rigs are not cheap as well as the operating costs also needs some amount of money, as compared to trading, which also needs some capital such as money for transactions and trade fees; however, the amount is not as much as setting up mining rigs require. So, for me, I choose trading over mining.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
YNAGS Team

Activity: 220
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 04:59:07 PM

Just had a chat with my friend on setting up mining in my farm house. He advised and suggested more to invest in crypto currencies then investing and spending time in mining. What you guys would suggest me of. Or shall i start with small investment on mining from house with rigs attached to system i have in my house and start a farm house once experienced or do not get into mining? Suggest me dudes.
Mining is a passive staff and trading is an active so you should decide for yourself only what is referable to you in terms of your free time I'm all that you have. If you're working out then maybe better for you to mine.
hawkins

Activity: 1204
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 05:31:26 PM

Just had a chat with my friend on setting up mining in my farm house. He advised and suggested more to invest in crypto currencies then investing and spending time in mining. What you guys would suggest me of. Or shall i start with small investment on mining from house with rigs attached to system i have in my house and start a farm house once experienced or do not get into mining? Suggest me dudes.
Mining is a passive staff and trading is an active so you should decide for yourself only what is referable to you in terms of your free time I'm all that you have. If you're working out then maybe better for you to mine.
Well, I'm always interested in mining, even I have joined a number of Minning sites in 2014-2015, and it's really easy. well, but in the end the site ended in a scam. normally I want to do minning with hardware, but I think so many costs must be considered.
kriptowitch

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 06:07:38 PM

I think that 50/50 will be the best and excellent option. 50% you leave for investing in various crypto, the other 50% you can spend on equipment for your farm

ANN |▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰|    ASURE NETWORK     |▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰| Bounty
FIRST SCALABLE DECENTRALIZED SOCIAL SECURITY NETWORK
klasik1980

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 06:15:59 PM

If you begin mining, you have a guarenteed income, however little… Trading takes skill and luck

However, mining will inevitably lead to some level of trading
Saidmod

Activity: 659
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 11:22:13 PM

If you begin mining, you have a guarenteed income, however little… Trading takes skill and luck

However, mining will inevitably lead to some level of trading
Its another choice while you can do it both all the way. Mining can be profitable and trading as well but this is only if you have another spare time to learn trading because it was not as easy as mining that doesn't much need attention to monitor.

▄▄▄
        █████
        █████
         ▀▀▀
     ▄█
███████▄    ▄█████▄   ███████▄   ███   ███  ███        ▄█████▄   ███   ███   ▄█████▄
    ███ █████████  █████████  █████████  ███   ███  ███       █████████  ███   ███  █████████
    ███ ███  ▀███  ███   ███  ███  ▀███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
    ███ ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███  ███▄
    ███ ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███   ███▄
    ███ ███  ▄███  ███   ███  ███  ▄███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███    ▀███▄
    ███ █████████  ███   ███  █████████  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███      ▀███
    ███ ███████▀   ███   ███  ███████▀   ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███       ▀███
        ███        ███   ███  ███        ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
        ███        █████████  ███        █████████  ████████  █████████  █████████  █████████
        ███         ▀█████▀   ███         ▀█████▀   ████████   ▀█████▀    ▀█████▀    ▀█████▀
                                                                       WORLD

▄████▄▄   ▄
  █▄          ██████████▀▄
  ███        ███████████▀
  ▐████▄     ██████████▌
  ▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
  ▀████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████
    ▄▄███████████████
     ▀█████████████▀
      ▄▄█████████▀
  ▀▀██████████▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄
     █▀ █  ▄   ▄  █ ▀█
    █ ▀█   █   █   █▀ █
   █▀ █ ▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀ █ ▀█
   █▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄█
   █▀█▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀█▀█
   █▄ █ ▄▀█▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▄█ ▄█
    █ ▄█   █   █   █▄ █
     █▄ █  ▀   ▀  █ ▄█
      ▀█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
            █████
          █████████
        █████████████
      █████████████████
    █████████████████████
  █████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████
      █████████████████
        █████████████
          █████████
            ████

RECEIVE    ⇩ ⇩
          9% DISCOUNT         
⇨  BUY NOW 
dxl0536

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 11:23:56 PM

mining the New altcoin now. Its the good choices.
Blockfolioz

Activity: 230

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 11:27:15 PM

I prefer trading, because with trading if you get lucky or make a precise prediction you'll earn big in a short time. With mining can get a sustained earning but considering the initial investment as well the electricity consumption what we earn at the end is simply very low than what an expert earns through trading.
mbm_ico

Activity: 110

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 11:28:35 PM

Depends on what you're good at. I think we should try both. I like to trade on the stock exchange because I need more time and knowledge for mining.
Saidmod

Activity: 659
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 11:59:55 PM

I prefer trading, because with trading if you get lucky or make a precise prediction you'll earn big in a short time. With mining can get a sustained earning but considering the initial investment as well the electricity consumption what we earn at the end is simply very low than what an expert earns through trading.
Its good if you're good at trading. Mining and the cost of electricity or power is depending on ypur coubtry until this moment if you're not sure if you will going to earn from your mining then its good to stop than to pay higher bills than the amount you mined. It was a choice whereas you need to consider the profits that you may get and if it was applicable to your country.

▄▄▄
        █████
        █████
         ▀▀▀
     ▄█
███████▄    ▄█████▄   ███████▄   ███   ███  ███        ▄█████▄   ███   ███   ▄█████▄
    ███ █████████  █████████  █████████  ███   ███  ███       █████████  ███   ███  █████████
    ███ ███  ▀███  ███   ███  ███  ▀███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
    ███ ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███  ███▄
    ███ ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███   ███▄
    ███ ███  ▄███  ███   ███  ███  ▄███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███    ▀███▄
    ███ █████████  ███   ███  █████████  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███      ▀███
    ███ ███████▀   ███   ███  ███████▀   ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███       ▀███
        ███        ███   ███  ███        ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
        ███        █████████  ███        █████████  ████████  █████████  █████████  █████████
        ███         ▀█████▀   ███         ▀█████▀   ████████   ▀█████▀    ▀█████▀    ▀█████▀
                                                                       WORLD

▄████▄▄   ▄
  █▄          ██████████▀▄
  ███        ███████████▀
  ▐████▄     ██████████▌
  ▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
  ▀████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████
    ▄▄███████████████
     ▀█████████████▀
      ▄▄█████████▀
  ▀▀██████████▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄
     █▀ █  ▄   ▄  █ ▀█
    █ ▀█   █   █   █▀ █
   █▀ █ ▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀ █ ▀█
   █▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄█
   █▀█▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀█▀█
   █▄ █ ▄▀█▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▄█ ▄█
    █ ▄█   █   █   █▄ █
     █▄ █  ▀   ▀  █ ▄█
      ▀█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
            █████
          █████████
        █████████████
      █████████████████
    █████████████████████
    █████████████████████
      █████████████████
        █████████████
          █████████
            ████

RECEIVE    ⇩ ⇩
          9% DISCOUNT         
⇨  BUY NOW 
jonatuzc

Activity: 854
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 05:31:12 AM

I would say that mining is less risky than trading, but by successfully trading you can earn more money than just mining any coins
Well that depends upon the cost of mining and the type of coin you are trading. It the cost of mining is low as compared to the gain in the return that you will get later upon selling the coin, you are well off mining. However if the trading a coin is good in maximizing your stock of money, it is good to trade then.

Right now, I am not in favor of trading because of the down price which give away low price. I would rather hodl right now and trade when the market price rise.
cryptobull3

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 07:12:33 AM

Choosing any of them is related to total market cap of cryptocurrencies , If the price of bitcoin goes below 5000$ it wouldn't be profitable to mine it unless you can get almost free electricity , even if you can get that power still you need to mine for one year 24 hours a day to make the first capital of one s9 miner , I don't understand why the difficulty of bitcoin doesn't change even when the price is falling!
Seems like some big miners want to make it monopoly and take its control!

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
bitcoindian

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 07:18:39 AM

I never think about mining because it is not profitable for a small investment, for that, we need larger hardware equipment in order to mature the coins. I hope instead of mining, trading is the best option for the people who have very little money.
ChaChaiTL

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 07:20:02 AM

Mining and trading are two activities for you to get bitcoin and mining will help you get bitcoin free from your mining process and also you will lose money to buy coin but when selling you will be profitable if the market is good
hatsoff2btc

Activity: 151
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 07:35:51 AM

mining requires large capital, if you start mining with a small capital it will only waste time, because before mining you have to think about the monthly electricity costs that you have to pay, my friend also suggests that, so if your capital is only a little advice I am trading compared to mining
That is why we have never heard anyone claiming that he has become very rich with the help of mining while there are traders who got handsome amount with the help of trading. To be very honest, joining some signature campaign is far better than mining because at least it does not demand any investment and produces good earning too.
GawirZZ

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 07:49:14 AM

I think it would be more profitable to trade than mining, but if you trade you have to have a lot of time each day, if you don't have much time to mine.
ashkanm

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 07:58:19 AM

both of these do have a big risk, but there is a difference between the two. Mining is a one time investment you should invest on mining platform this will make profit and you do not take may effort in this moment. But trading is little risky investment because you should always monitor the market then only you will earn good profit in this platform. My perspective both are little risk because day by day technology is improved so GPU cards are update on every year.
lixer

Activity: 2506
Merit: 586

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 08:07:18 AM

If there is money to invest, mining will be an option not bad. My country lives relatively cheap electricity prices, benefits are not lower than trading.
Mining costs a lot due to high charges of electricity but this is considered in many countries and I came to know that somewhere electricity is cheap and mining there has enough profit greater than countries where there electricity has high charges. Trading has nothing related to electricity like mining so we can do that smoothly without any complications like mining where electricity is concerned.

rickyharun

Activity: 197
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 08:19:22 AM

both of these do have a big risk, but there is a difference between the two. Mining is a one time investment you should invest on mining platform this will make profit and you do not take may effort in this moment. But trading is little risky investment because you should always monitor the market then only you will earn good profit in this platform. My perspective both are little risk because day by day technology is improved so GPU cards are update on every year.
and also we have to calculate about depreciation value of our graphic proccesing unit.in mining investment it calculated as cost.meanwhile in trading there is no cost like this.
MMnoob

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 08:24:54 AM

more relaxed and profitable to mine if you have a lot of capital and also your time to spare if mining.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: