Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:34:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 102 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GUIDE] GridSeed 5-Chip USB, Blade & Black Miner Support/Tuning  (Read 308661 times)
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 8969

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 06:14:48 AM

What raspi are you guys using? I've never used one but contemplating it now.  If someone could provide an amazon link that would be great.

I bought this one:
http://www.amazon.com/CanaKit-Raspberry-Basic-Clear-Supply/dp/B00DG9D6IK

Includes power supply and case. If you don't need a case and have a spare micro-USB power supply, you can get a bare board for ~$40.

You will also need an SDHC card (full size, not micro), 8GB or larger.
Blueman666

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 08:45:04 AM
Last edit: March 11, 2014, 09:09:52 AM by Blueman666

How to get Scripta working as it was intended

Follow the instructions by Darkfriend77 below but when you get to step 6, go to directory opt/minepeon/bin and remove the original cgminer there (rm cgminer). Now copy the new cgminer into this folder to replace the original and chmod it as below.
Now go to directory opt/minepeon/startup and edit the file miner-start.sh with nano.
Change the line -
Code:
sudo /usr/bin/screen -dmS cgminer /opt/minepeon/bin/cgminer -c /opt/minepeon/etc/miner.conf
to
Code:
sudo /usr/bin/screen -dmS cgminer /opt/minepeon/bin/cgminer --scrypt --no-submit-stale --gridseed-options=baud=115200,freq=850 -c /opt/minepeon/etc/miner.conf
Lastly apply the stability fix.
Now you can close ssh and restart your pi and it should automatically fire up your gridseeds and start mining.

Step by Step Raspberry SCRIPTA Installation:

• 1 - SD Formatter (link) clean up your SD Card. At least a 4GB SD.
  • 2 - Download the SCRIPTA Image (link)
  • 3 - Win 32 Disk Imager (link) and write the scripta image on the SD Card.
  • 4 - Put the SD Card into your Raspberry.
  • 5 - SSH access on port 7722, user: root / psw: scripta
  • 6 - Use WinSCP (link) to move over the latest rasp cgminer for gridseed (https://db.tt/UygLkqwd) or Use PuTTY (link)
Code:
wget https://db.tt/UygLkqwd -O cgminer
  • 7 - Go to the location where you copied over your cgminer and do "chmod 777 cgminer"
  • 8 - Go to the SCRIPTA Web GUI, under Miner hit Miner commands, STOP
  • 9 - Go to the location where you copied over your cgminer and run it from there using these commands:
Code:
./cgminer --scrypt -o <miningpooladdress:port> -u <user> -p <pw> --gridseed-options=baud=115200,freq=850

Stability-Fix:
    Code:
    sudo nano /boot/cmdline.txt
    Add the following code at the end of the first line (on the same line as the other text, DO NOT add new line!)
    Code:
    slub_debug=FP

Orginal Sources from: https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=9908.0
    Andareed

Activity: 84
    Merit: 14

View Profile
    March 11, 2014, 12:04:24 PM

Has anyone figured out how to overvolt yet?  I see this in the gridseed driver...

typedef struct s_gridseed_info {
       enum sub_ident   ident;
       uint32_t   fw_version;
       struct timeval   scanhash_time;
       int      nonce_count[8];  // per chip
       int      error_count[8];  // per chip
       // options
       int      baud;
       int      freq;
       unsigned char   freq_cmd[8];
       int      chips; //chips per module
       int      voltage;
       int      per_chip_stats;
    }
    Aand later on this method:

static void gc3355_increase_voltage(struct cgpu_info *gridseed) {
       uint32_t reg_value;

// Put GPIOA pin 5 into general function, 50 MHz output.
       if (!gc3355_read_register(gridseed, GRIDSEED_GPIOA_BASE + GRIDSEED_CRL_OFFSET, &reg_value)) {
          applog(LOG_DEBUG, "Failed to read GPIOA CRL register from %i", gridseed->device_id);
          return;
       }
       reg_value = (reg_value & 0xff0fffff) | 0x00300000;
       if (!gc3355_write_register(gridseed, GRIDSEED_GPIOA_BASE + GRIDSEED_CRL_OFFSET, reg_value)) {
          applog(LOG_DEBUG, "Failed to write GPIOA CRL register from %i", gridseed->device_id);
          return;
       }

// Set GPIOA pin 5 high.
       if (!gc3355_read_register(gridseed, GRIDSEED_GPIOA_BASE + GRIDSEED_ODR_OFFSET, &reg_value)) {
          applog(LOG_DEBUG, "Failed to read GPIOA ODR register from %i", gridseed->device_id);
          return;
       }
       reg_value |= 0x00000020;
       //reg_value &= 0xFFFFFFDF;
       if (!gc3355_write_register(gridseed, GRIDSEED_GPIOA_BASE + GRIDSEED_ODR_OFFSET, reg_value)) {
          applog(LOG_DEBUG, "Failed to write GPIOA ODR register from %i", gridseed->device_id);
          return;
       }
    }

Looks to me like we pass an int as the argument voltage and it will add it to the base voltage value(which i think is set to 0, if I'm reading the header right), maybe?  But then it also says gpio(general purpose input output?), which is usually a general purpose pin header on the pcb itself, right?  I'm no developer/hardware engineer, anyone want to comment?

You can set voltage=1 in your config, but it turns out that will actually lower the core voltage.

BTC: 1K54i8Fsu7e7WPu1pQJV6tDa65qXahnHMH
    LTC: LMfJ2eqsJofTaNtD1dLRZBuKju9qYgwxZj
    darkfriend77 (OP)

Activity: 434
    Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
    March 11, 2014, 01:09:49 PM

How to get Scripta working as it was intended

thx a lot .. will update this ... :-)

-:| www.DOTMog.com |:-
    thedue

Activity: 662
    Merit: 500

View Profile
    March 11, 2014, 01:32:33 PM

So is there any way to control the fans? (cgminer, wiibox...?) automatically or even manually?
    mrmining

Activity: 10
    Merit: 0

View Profile
    March 11, 2014, 01:52:47 PM

consider to use this asic..every body think it good??
    darkfriend77 (OP)

Activity: 434
    Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
    March 11, 2014, 01:59:26 PM

I posted this in another thread and did not get a response. Are some of the control units being sent out with a virus? I bought this one from atari02. It seems to be hashing okay in the wiibox but does not always show up as hashing in scryptguild.

Original message:
    I had root access with SSH and overclocked the controller. Then, I upgraded to 2.0.4 and I lost root access. The password no longer works. I upgraded to 2.0.5 and still get 'access denied'. Could the controller have been hacked somehow?

Hey, I had also a bad experience, ... but after using it with wiibox.net and setting all parameters and pool configuration over there it was fine ... I'm not sure but I guess that it does use some default configuration .. or maybe it has a trojan ... what ever I in the end just moved away from those controllers ...

ok, lol ... I got a f... problem ... somehow my controller is getting hijacked ...

... ... I haven't changed anything then upgrading to wiibox 2.0.2 ... that's it ...

user and psw is getting changed to ... a users miner ... called wwee.1, wwee.2 ...

... I already mentioned that on my controller .... that I received ... there was malicious code ...

that turned pool, user & worker .... to a thrid party in my absence ....

I haven't changed ... anything at the code, except upgrading with wiibox.net to 2.0.2 ...

Has someone a similar issue with a wiibox controller ?

my work around im not using that controller for the moment ...

-:| www.DOTMog.com |:-
    Pistachio
    Legendary

Activity: 1456
    Merit: 1000

View Profile
    March 11, 2014, 02:41:19 PM

Thanks, I will start working on a raspberry pi setup later this evening. Most of the setup guides I have read say 10 miners with a pi. Any tried a pi with say 40 miners? 

I posted this in another thread and did not get a response. Are some of the control units being sent out with a virus? I bought this one from atari02. It seems to be hashing okay in the wiibox but does not always show up as hashing in scryptguild.

Original message:
    I had root access with SSH and overclocked the controller. Then, I upgraded to 2.0.4 and I lost root access. The password no longer works. I upgraded to 2.0.5 and still get 'access denied'. Could the controller have been hacked somehow?

Hey, I had also a bad experience, ... but after using it with wiibox.net and setting all parameters and pool configuration over there it was fine ... I'm not sure but I guess that it does use some default configuration .. or maybe it has a trojan ... what ever I in the end just moved away from those controllers ...

ok, lol ... I got a f... problem ... somehow my controller is getting hijacked ...

... ... I haven't changed anything then upgrading to wiibox 2.0.2 ... that's it ...

user and psw is getting changed to ... a users miner ... called wwee.1, wwee.2 ...

... I already mentioned that on my controller .... that I received ... there was malicious code ...

that turned pool, user & worker .... to a thrid party in my absence ....

I haven't changed ... anything at the code, except upgrading with wiibox.net to 2.0.2 ...

Has someone a similar issue with a wiibox controller ?

my work around im not using that controller for the moment ...
    suchmoon
    Legendary

Activity: 3710
    Merit: 8969

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
    March 11, 2014, 02:50:48 PM

Thanks, I will start working on a raspberry pi setup later this evening. Most of the setup guides I have read say 10 miners with a pi. Any tried a pi with say 40 miners? 

It is doable, but you need to connect USB hubs in a certain way. You can only have 2 levels of hubs with the Pi, and 10-port hubs than come with the miners already have 2 levels inside them (6+4 ports typically). So you would lose 4 available ports if you daisy-chain those, and you need to connect to the correct ports on the first hub. Use "lsusb -t" to see the USB structure.
    richmke

Activity: 126
    Merit: 100

View Profile
    March 11, 2014, 03:06:28 PM

What raspi are you guys using?

Make sure you get "Model B" which has a LAN port.
    http://www.amazon.com/RASPBERRY-MODEL-756-8308-Raspberry-Pi/dp/B009SQQF9C
    gamefixer

Activity: 440
    Merit: 250

View Profile
    March 11, 2014, 03:18:03 PM

So is there any way to control the fans? (cgminer, wiibox...?) automatically or even manually?

Nope, fans are directly powered by +12VDC on the board. I unsoldered all of mine.
    Fachten

Activity: 6

View Profile
    March 11, 2014, 04:04:09 PM

Thx for the great guide! Keep it on Smiley
    emoomjean

Activity: 39

View Profile
    March 11, 2014, 06:57:11 PM

It is doable, but you need to connect USB hubs in a certain way. You can only have 2 levels of hubs with the Pi, and 10-port hubs than come with the miners already have 2 levels inside them (6+4 ports typically). So you would lose 4 available ports if you daisy-chain those, and you need to connect to the correct ports on the first hub. Use "lsusb -t" to see the USB structure.

AHA!!!!  That explains it then!  I have 40 miners and when I attached the 4 10-port hubs to a 7-port powered and then to the RaspPi it would only recognize 32 miners (10+10+6+6).  If I connected 3 hubs it would only see 26 (10+10+6).  So i'm guessing it was able to see a maximum of "levels" and after the first 2 10-port hubs are attached it only sees the first level of any additional hubs.

Do you know of any hubs that keep all the ports on a single level?  I already purchased and installed a 2nd RaspPi and have 20 miners on each, but in the future it might be helpful for others that want to control more from a single unit (which I bet it can since 20 miners only results in around 10% utilization).

-Eric
    SummersideGuy

Activity: 518

I am a meat Popsicle

View Profile
    March 11, 2014, 07:07:50 PM

My gridseed miner uses ST32 Virtual COM Port, and at the moment cgminer-3.7.2 doesn't detect the device. I've updated its driver by zadig, but still no luck. What is the solution to this?

Unplug the power from your hub, start cgminer, and plug the power back in your hub. I have 20 running in cgminer 3.7.2 and that is the only way to get the to work. Chang hotplug in your bat file to 5.

Also in your bat file to start cgminer set hotplug to 5 instead of zero, then with your gridseeds unplugged, run cgminer, after it has connected to pool plug your miners in and you are good to go
    CartmanSPC
    Legendary

Activity: 1270

View Profile
    March 11, 2014, 07:19:49 PM

Do you know of any hubs that keep all the ports on a single level?  I already purchased and installed a 2nd RaspPi and have 20 miners on each, but in the future it might be helpful for others that want to control more from a single unit (which I bet it can since 20 miners only results in around 10% utilization).

-Eric

Probably too expensive but here is a 49 port designed for continuous enterprise use:

misc2012-de

Activity: 105

View Profile
    March 11, 2014, 07:37:49 PM
    Last edit: March 11, 2014, 09:21:19 PM by misc2012-de

I just made an image, gridseed supported.
    Just write image it to 4gb sdcard, stick it into your pi, fire up. Miners should start automatically after you've entered mining pool.
    Hope this helps.

I am sorry, first upload was bad.....
    https://mega.co.nz/#!uZAGFI6S!xVhHZdNvGij2L6gJk_VXnaTewgr7gFjOjnOCTtO_HHU

Thanks to all from litecointalk, who made this possible.

Let me know if that works for you.
    daddyfatsax

Activity: 857

Anger is a gift.

View Profile
    March 11, 2014, 07:50:11 PM

I just made an image, gridseed supported.
    Just write image it to 4gb sdcard, stick it into your pi, fire up. Miners should start automatically after you've entered mining pool.
    Hope this helps.

https://mega.co.nz/#!nYhRTByL!xCZrBJm1I5DmHsDdJd6czERlaoJImtoqN0ugj10HRqQ

Thanks to all from litecointalk, who made this possible.

Let me know if that works for you.

Thanks for posting that. Gotta pi coming Thursday.
    Blueman666

Activity: 108

View Profile
    March 11, 2014, 07:50:58 PM

One enclosure option

I crammed my 10 gridseeds into a PC mid-tower case like this -

Seemed like quite a lot of work though  Smiley

The 10 port hub I used was the cheapest I could find on ebay, ablout $6 (without power unit). I had a 5V 8A power unit laying about (bit of an overkill) so I used that to power the hub and raspberry. All seems to work well.

On the front I have just a mains on/off switch and one of the flap type cd blanking plates so that I can pull the flap down to get access to the raspi SD card if I need to.

blind444

Activity: 16

View Profile
    March 11, 2014, 09:24:05 PM

I have two miners currently. Got them setup yesterday. Everything seemed to be going smoothly got them hashing in cgminer and left to work. When I got home I found that cgminer had crashed after maybe 2.5-3hrs of mining. Same thing happened overnight last night and then again this morning all within the same amount of time roughly. Any thoughts?

Edit: Thought I would add that the error wasn't very specific at all. Something along the lines of cgminer has stopped working click okay to close or something like that. Running windows 8.1 both are plugged into a hub.
    SummersideGuy

Activity: 518

I am a meat Popsicle

View Profile
    March 11, 2014, 09:28:36 PM

Ok so I found a link to a youtube video and followed the video's instructions and I got my single red finned gridseed to  dual mine. So if you are like me and had the STM32 Virtual driver instead of the other one finish reading this and watch the video. Now the key is you have to remember the com assigned to the miner before you apply the usb driver with zadig as this is still secretly the com port to use in cpu miner
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjXu5BYjEHo&list=UUcqRbsp96-Z3BAu_oSG-TCA
    I have my red gridseed now dual mining in windows gets 330kh/s scrypt and 6GH/s sha256. I also posted a picture of it dual mining alongside a couple of  antminer U1's. To do this you have to have the antminers unplugged, and when you run cgminer for the gridseed have hotplug set to 0 so it does not try to detect the antminers and crash. then after you gridseed is all running launch bfgminer for the antminers.
    Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 102 »
      Print  

Jump to: