Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 05:37:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 102 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GUIDE] GridSeed 5-Chip USB, Blade & Black Miner Support/Tuning  (Read 308653 times)
wolfey2014

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 11:34:56 PM

in cgminer or bfgminer
I'm doing it right now with cpuminer
And this is relevant how?  Huh
Are you really that daft?  Shocked

Yes. Please explain. With pictures if you can.

sure!

I Modify Miners Professionally! PM me for details!
jmordica

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 11:38:07 PM

1BTC Bounty for the first person that can overclock gridseed 5-chip devices in cgminer or bfgminer without additional HW errors and rejects!

Also

2BTC Bounty for the first person that can do it over the weekend! This means by 11:59 EST Sunday 3/16/14

Ready set go.

Does it count if it requires soldering and maybe replacing a resistor?

Depends on how much it can be overclocked Smiley
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 11:40:48 PM

1BTC Bounty for the first person that can overclock gridseed 5-chip devices in cgminer or bfgminer without additional HW errors and rejects!

Also

2BTC Bounty for the first person that can do it over the weekend! This means by 11:59 EST Sunday 3/16/14

Ready set go.

Cool! I'm doing it right now with cpuminer for SCRYPT only.
900MHz for several minutes. Excellent!

Wolfey2014

I'm really that daft - how does an OC on CPUMiner generalise to an OC on cgminer?

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 12:00:46 AM

Also

Ready set go.

Wolfey2014

I'm really that daft - how does an OC on CPUMiner generalise to an OC on cgminer?

"generalise"? First the spelling is 'generalize'. Secondly, it's the wrong word to use here.
You mean 'relate'!

Your query is moot. Obviously it's not what he asked for, but it's still worth mentioning. Uh, get it?
wolfey2014

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 12:06:46 AM

Also

Ready set go.

Wolfey2014

"generalise"? First the spelling is 'generalize'.

Only for weirdo Americans and their bastardised version of English.

Secondly, it's the wrong word to use here.
You mean 'relate'!

Your query is moot. Obviously it's not what he asked for, but it's still worth mentioning. Uh, get it?
wolfey2014

No, I don't get it. Do the concepts and methods that allows one to OC cpuminer generalise to cgminer? Or not?

miner765

Activity: 96

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 12:09:35 AM

Also

Ready set go.

Wolfey2014

"generalise"? First the spelling is 'generalize'. Secondly, it's the wrong word to use here.
You mean 'relate'!

wolfey2014

You should really keep that spelling and grammar "corrections" shit to yourself. This isn't a grammar forum.
wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 12:33:22 AM

Also

Ready set go.

Wolfey2014

You mean 'relate'!

wolfey2014

You should really keep that spelling and grammar "corrections" shit to yourself. This isn't a grammar forum.

Yah, right! Anyway.....

It is Germain to the subject.

Yes, the feeling of stupidity is frustrating, isn't it? Wink

wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 12:39:22 AM

Also

Ready set go.

Wolfey2014

"generalise"? First the spelling is 'generalize'.

Only for weirdo Americans and their bastardised version of English.

Secondly, it's the wrong word to use here.
You mean 'relate'!

wolfey2014

No, I don't get it. Do the concepts and methods that allows one to OC cpuminer generalise to cgminer? Or not?

Perhaps I misunderstood your query. There is a special OC version of cpuminer available. http://cryptomining-blog.com/?s=over+clock+gc3355
Sorry for the misunderstanding, if so....

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 12:46:18 AM

Perhaps I misunderstood your query. There is a special OC version of cpuminer available. http://cryptomining-blog.com/?s=over+clock+gc3355

I know about the OC'd cpuminer. I'm referring to this:

Also

Ready set go.

Wolfey2014

jmordica asks "for the first person that can overclock gridseed 5-chip devices in cgminer or bfgminer without additional HW errors and rejects" and you respond "Cool! I'm doing it now with cpuminer ..."

So I'm wondering how overclocking in cpuminer answers jmordica's question - you're saying the cpuminer OC code can be adapted for cgminer?

jmordica

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 12:54:14 AM

Also

Ready set go.

Wolfey2014

jmordica asks "for the first person that can overclock gridseed 5-chip devices in cgminer or bfgminer without additional HW errors and rejects" and you respond "Cool! I'm doing it now with cpuminer ..."

So I'm wondering how overclocking in cpuminer answers jmordica's question - you're saying the cpuminer OC code can be adapted for cgminer?

Currently, cgminer/bfgminer supports overclocking but 850 is as high as you can overclock without additional hardware errors and/or additional rejects from the pool. 850 is what everyone is using that has these chips so i'm offering a bounty for the first person to overclock beyond this point.
wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 12:59:11 AM

Also

Ready set go.

Wolfey2014

No, obviously not.....

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 01:18:38 AM

Also

Ready set go.

Wolfey2014

No, obviously not.....

It wasn't obvious to me. Hence the question.

You're a rather adversarial fellow, aren't you?

suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 8941

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 01:30:13 AM

As the old interwebs adage goes, don't feed adversarial fellows Grin
wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 01:38:18 AM

Also

Ready set go.

Wolfey2014

No, obviously not.....

It wasn't obvious to me. Hence the question.

I am when I think I'm being attacked. Again, sorry for my misinterpretation of your original query and intentions.
Wolfey2014

josg21

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 06:03:54 AM

anyone going to get the bounty?
CartmanSPC
Legendary

Activity: 1270
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 06:39:55 AM
Last edit: March 15, 2014, 07:04:04 AM by CartmanSPC

I'm running 19 miners currently on the Pi and it has not had any stability issues. As you can see in the screenshot below, system load is under 0.1, cgminer processes are mostly sleeping. Some differences from your setup: 1) I'm using scripta and a precompiled cgminer posted by someone initially on litecointalk; 2) I'm running two separate cgminer instances (10 and 9 miners). I would suggest for you to try the precompiled cgminer and see if that performs better. If that doesn't help I would start narrowing the problem by disconnecting half of your miners to see if there is one malfunctioning device that might be causing cgminer to misbehave.

Well it completely stopped so I switched back to Ubuntu server on the Thinkpad for now.

Will try again over the weekend but if it hashes less and produces more errors it's gone. Just communicating my results so far.

This graph shows that it hashes slower and the point where it died (12PM) before I switched back to the Thinkpad.

Looks like people are reporting freezes with the Pi here:
https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=9908.225

I should mention that this second "fix" was already applied before I tried to use cgminer for the first time on Pi:
Code:
sudo apt-get install rpi-update
sudo BRANCH=next rpi-update

Not sure if I will waste too much more time on the Pi...would be nice though. I believe that other are having success so it's almost a challenge...but not quite Tongue

For reference here is my commands in full (after the initial menu config):
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

sudo nano /boot/cmdline.txt
    >slub_debug=FP
sudo reboot

sudo apt-get install screen
sudo apt-get install build-essential autoconf automake pkg-config libtool libcurl4-openssl-dev libncurses5-dev libudev-dev
sudo git clone git://github.com/dtbartle/cgminer-gc3355.git
cd cgminer-gc3355
sudo CFLAGS="-O2 -Wall" ./configure --enable-scrypt --enable-gridseed
sudo make

cd ~
screen -S m
cd cgminer-gc3355
sudo ./cgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://pool -u user -p x --gridseed-options=baud=115200,freq=850,chips=5 --hotplug 0

Stock Raspbian Wheezy (2014-01-07-wheezy-raspbian.zip).
Not too hip on using a pre-compiled executable but I may give that a shot before returning the Pi (https://db.tt/UygLkqwd). Kinda a deal breaker though since I don't want to wait for compiled versions to be released when new changes are made to the source.

josg21

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 06:42:28 AM

I'm running 19 miners currently on the Pi and it has not had any stability issues. As you can see in the screenshot below, system load is under 0.1, cgminer processes are mostly sleeping. Some differences from your setup: 1) I'm using scripta and a precompiled cgminer posted by someone initially on litecointalk; 2) I'm running two separate cgminer instances (10 and 9 miners). I would suggest for you to try the precompiled cgminer and see if that performs better. If that doesn't help I would start narrowing the problem by disconnecting half of your miners to see if there is one malfunctioning device that might be causing cgminer to misbehave.

Well it completely stopped so I switched back to Ubuntu server on the Thinkpad for now.

Will try again over the weekend but if it hashes less and produces more errors it's gone. Just communicating my results so far.

This graph shows that it hashes slower and the point where it died (12PM) before I switched back to the Thinkpad.

Looks like a lot of people are reporting freezes with the Pi here:
https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=9908.225

I should mention that this second "fix" was already applied before I tried to use cgminer for the first time on Pi:
Code:

Not sure if I will waste too much more time on the Pi...would be nice though. I believe that other are having success so it's almost a challenge...but not quite Tongue

my team runs 96 miners per server Smiley
XScrypt

Activity: 62

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 07:00:11 AM

Also

Ready set go.

Wolfey2014

Currently, cgminer/bfgminer supports overclocking but 850 is as high as you can overclock without additional hardware errors and/or additional rejects from the pool. 850 is what everyone is using that has these chips so i'm offering a bounty for the first person to overclock beyond this point.

I've ran mine at 900 for about 8 hours scrypt mining. I restarted a few hours ago to test 950 but it seemed like I was getting a couple of HW errors every few minutes then so I switched it back to 900. At 950 you can break 400 kh but I don't think that's enough to counteract the increased hardware errors.

At 900 it seems you get anywhere from 0 to 2 HW errors per hour. Also, with cgminer the WU is reported incorrectly. You'll see something ridiculously low (like less than 1/m), but the shares are being submitted correctly (verified on the pool website).

Absolutely no heat issues. PLan to keep my drinks cool with this thing in the summer. Running on an old 12v 3 amp power supply I had lying around.

I restarted about a couple hours ago, so here's a snapshot since then:

cgminer version 3.7.2 - Started: [2014-03-15 00:26:35]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 (5s):383.5K (avg):379.1Kh/s | A:46080  R:0  HW:3  WU:0.6/m
 ST: 2  SS: 0  NB: 177  LW: 1220  GF: 19  RF: 0
 Block: a64a3886...  Diff:1.02K  Started: [02:45:53]  Best share: 48.2K
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Pool management Settings Display options Quit
 GSD 0: 6D8B468C5650  900 MHz | 382.9K/379.2Kh/s | A:46080 R:0 HW:3 WU:0.6/m

LTC- LKdDXfJbCqMHpqTZwhaMKRE51eA7PPsCYy
jmordica

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 07:05:24 AM

What pool are you hashing?
XScrypt

Activity: 62

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 07:07:17 AM

What pool are you hashing?

Who me? Right now wafflepool.

LTC- LKdDXfJbCqMHpqTZwhaMKRE51eA7PPsCYy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 102 »
  Print  

Jump to: