Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:02:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 102 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GUIDE] GridSeed 5-Chip USB, Blade & Black Miner Support/Tuning  (Read 308644 times)
film2240
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 12:18:38 PM

I'm having some big issues with my Gridseed 5 chip miner.

The issues are:
1.When I used the official miner (CPUMiner one I think),no matter how many times it shows 'Dispatching new work...' I never see any shares submitted to the pools I use (no matter which pool I use and with their corrent URLs,clevermining.com,multipool.us and coinshift.com) so I gave up ever hoping I'd get the full 400+Kh/s as promised from my miner so I changed to CGminer 3.72 which does get shares submitted but I get much less than half of the total hashpower/coins I'm supposed to have mined on all the pools I've used.
2.CGminer often says accepted yet I never see the shares in my pool even though my internet connections ok and plugged in ok via the USB port.

I've tried everything I know of to remedy this but to no avail and am pretty frustrated now since there's no improvement and the instructions are even harder to understand than why I'm having issues in the first place.

If someone can just help me get back on track,I'd really apreciate this as I didn't spend nearly £300 for a miner that only performs at 50% or less of it's capacity (paperwight).Thanks Smiley

[This signature is available for rent.BTC/ETH/LTC or £50 equivalent a month]
josg21

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 02:29:13 PM

The issues are:
1.When I used the official miner (CPUMiner one I think),no matter how many times it shows 'Dispatching new work...' I never see any shares submitted to the pools I use (no matter which pool I use and with their corrent URLs,clevermining.com,multipool.us and coinshift.com) so I gave up ever hoping I'd get the full 400+Kh/s as promised from my miner so I changed to CGminer 3.72 which does get shares submitted but I get much less than half of the total hashpower/coins I'm supposed to have mined on all the pools I've used.
2.CGminer often says accepted yet I never see the shares in my pool even though my internet connections ok and plugged in ok via the USB port.

I've tried everything I know of to remedy this but to no avail and am pretty frustrated now since there's no improvement and the instructions are even harder to understand than why I'm having issues in the first place.

If someone can just help me get back on track,I'd really apreciate this as I didn't spend nearly £300 for a miner that only performs at 50% or less of it's capacity (paperwight).Thanks Smiley

They have to be plugged in to both the USB and power. If there is no power, it will appear it's working (lights will be on, etc) but it will not accept any shares
XScrypt

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 02:45:45 PM

The issues are:

First, you're not going to get a stable 400k hash out of a gridseed. You'd need to be running at 950 to do that, and you'd be getting a number of HW errors if you did. I've been running pretty stable at 900 with a couple of HW errors but this gives about 380k. Most people run it at 850 which is around 360k.

This is what I use for cgminer:

cgminer.exe --scrypt -o yourpooladdress -u username -p password --gridseed-options=baud=115200,freq=900,chips=5 --hotplug 0

If you get too many errors, change 900 to 850.

With cgminer, you'll see a low WU. Ignore it (it's incorrect). If cgminer is showing a correct "A" count (depicted by A: in the output) but you're not seeing it on your pool, be sure you have the correct wallet address. A number of pools gladly accept "donations" from people with incorrect addresses.

If none of this applies to you, post sample output from cgminer so we can see what's going on.

LTC- LKdDXfJbCqMHpqTZwhaMKRE51eA7PPsCYy
wolfey2014

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 03:29:30 PM
Last edit: March 15, 2014, 03:52:52 PM by wolfey2014

The issues are:

It's probably not the fault of cpuminer or CGminer for that matter. Cpuminer works great. You can keep track of how fast it's hashing via pool stats which are fairly accurate averages of what the pool is seeing which is what actually counts anyway. Your local hash rate means diddly in this case.

It sounds to me like either your GS5 has no 12V power going to it or perhaps is being underpowered.
Is the cooling fan running? If so, you have 12V power and if the LED's are on and flashing, you have 5V USB power.

The only other things that can cause your problem are incorrect port speed settings or poor serial communications or, the GS5 unit is basically bad and should be returned to the reseller for a prompt replacement or refund.

Let me know if this helps you.
My hashers have been and are working perfectly on cpuminer.

Wolfey2014

I Modify Miners Professionally! PM me for details!
bttalkdim

Activity: 15

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 04:25:46 PM

I am trying to run GridSeed on my old netbook with WinXP and getsuch strange issue.
If I enter 3 GridSeed devices (with hub or without hub) - it's not work
(cgminer 3.8 for BTC + CPUminer for LTC).

No problems with 2 GridSeed, but when I add one more - cgminer don't want to start...

Are there any other ways to run DUAL mode ?
1. Using controler LA (tplink) (but it restart often)
2. on windows cgminer 3.8 for BTC + CPUminer for LTC
 (too many CPUminer windows, no backup pools, no restart on down device, can't run CGwhatcher for LTC..)

film2240
Legendary

Activity: 1022

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 06:43:08 PM

The issues are:

It's probably not the fault of cpuminer or CGminer for that matter. Cpuminer works great. You can keep track of how fast it's hashing via pool stats which are fairly accurate averages of what the pool is seeing which is what actually counts anyway. Your local hash rate means diddly in this case.

It sounds to me like either your GS5 has no 12V power going to it or perhaps is being underpowered.
Is the cooling fan running? If so, you have 12V power and if the LED's are on and flashing, you have 5V USB power.

The only other things that can cause your problem are incorrect port speed settings or poor serial communications or, the GS5 unit is basically bad and should be returned to the reseller for a prompt replacement or refund.

Wolfey2014
Ok it's plugged in with the mains adaptor (fan is running) and the USB so it's not a power issue.Since the ASIC does submit shares but the connection is unstable,I think there may be an issue with the connection.I just wish these things were easier to spot and that all miners came with straighforward apps like the BFLs with their Easy Miner.

Anyway this is the log that I have:

Code:
cgminer version 3.7.2 - Started: [2014-03-15 10:33:14]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 (5s):425.5K (avg):422.2Kh/s | A:9216  R:1024  HW:0  WU:0.1/m
 ST: 2  SS: 0  NB: 745  LW: 4333  GF: 10  RF: 0
 Connected to mine.coinshift.com diff 128 with stratum as user 1AwgPR37CMjqfHKjL
 Block: c036f449...  Diff:1.11K  Started: [18:38:20]  Best share: 103K
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 [P]ool management [S]ettings [D]isplay options [Q]uit
 GSD 0: 6D74556D5148 1000 MHz | 425.5K/422.2Kh/s | A:9216 R:1024 HW:0 WU:0.1/m

[2014-03-15 18:26:39] Stratum from pool 0 detected new block
 [2014-03-15 18:28:45] Accepted 01b6821c Diff 149/128 GSD 0
 [2014-03-15 18:29:55] Stratum from pool 0 detected new block
 [2014-03-15 18:30:22] Stratum from pool 0 detected new block
 [2014-03-15 18:30:46] Stratum from pool 0 detected new block
 [2014-03-15 18:31:22] Stratum from pool 0 detected new block
 [2014-03-15 18:31:50] Stratum from pool 0 detected new block
 [2014-03-15 18:34:51] Stratum from pool 0 detected new block
 [2014-03-15 18:35:38] Stratum from pool 0 detected new block
 [2014-03-15 18:36:11] Stratum from pool 0 detected new block
 [2014-03-15 18:36:19] Stratum from pool 0 detected new block
 [2014-03-15 18:37:27] Stratum from pool 0 detected new block
 [2014-03-15 18:38:20] Stratum from pool 0 detected new block

It's been running since last night but I guess it 'forgets' things that aren't recent.I sometimes see a 'failed to detect device.' message then a moment later it says 'device found' meaning that the USb connection may be unstable but the hard part is how to fix this. :/

miner765

Activity: 96

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 06:57:28 PM

So I got 40 miners running with cgminer. Everything is fine, except pool is reporting lower hashrate then cgminer. In cgminer I get 14.46MH/s, in pool I see around 12.8-13.5MH/s. What can be the problem?
corp

Activity: 35

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 07:03:46 PM

I just made an image, gridseed supported.
Just write image it to 4gb sdcard, stick it into your pi, fire up. Miners should start automatically after you've entered mining pool.
Hope this helps.

I am sorry, first upload was bad.....
https://mega.co.nz/#!uZAGFI6S!xVhHZdNvGij2L6gJk_VXnaTewgr7gFjOjnOCTtO_HHU

Thanks to all from litecointalk, who made this possible.

Let me know if that works for you.

I tried your image, but for some reason scripta doesn't recognize my gridseed 5chip miners. Tried a whole hub of 10 pieces and a single one. Neither seems to work.
dishwara
Legendary

Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 07:22:59 PM

The issues are:

Wolfey2014
Ok it's plugged in with the mains adaptor (fan is running) and the USB so it's not a power issue.Since the ASIC does submit shares but the connection is unstable,I think there may be an issue with the connection.I just wish these things were easier to spot and that all miners came with straighforward apps like the BFLs with their Easy Miner.

[P]ool management [Settings [D]isplay options [Q]uit

It's been running since last night but I guess it 'forgets' things that aren't recent.I sometimes see a 'failed to detect device.' message then a moment later it says 'device found' meaning that the USb connection may be unstable but the hard part is how to fix this. :/
wow, you want to run at 1000Mh/s, while everyone saying 850 is stable.
sandor111

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 07:43:41 PM

The issues are:

First, you're not going to get a stable 400k hash out of a gridseed. You'd need to be running at 950 to do that, and you'd be getting a number of HW errors if you did. I've been running pretty stable at 900 with a couple of HW errors but this gives about 380k. Most people run it at 850 which is around 360k.

cgminer.exe --scrypt -o yourpooladdress -u username -p password --gridseed-options=baud=115200,freq=900,chips=5 --hotplug 0

With cgminer, you'll see a low WU. Ignore it (it's incorrect). If cgminer is showing a correct "A" count (depicted by A: in the output) but you're not seeing it on your pool, be sure you have the correct wallet address. A number of pools gladly accept "donations" from people with incorrect addresses.

If none of this applies to you, post sample output from cgminer so we can see what's going on.

Anything above 850 Mhz performs worse, the hashrate cgminer displays is nothing like your 'actual' hashrate.

wolfey2014

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 07:46:33 PM

The issues are:

Wolfey2014

Code:

1000MHz?Huh? THERE'S YOUR PROBLEM!

850Mhz is stable. Anything over that and you're gonna have problems. Like you're having, perhaps?

I Modify Miners Professionally! PM me for details!
EricKennedy

Activity: 360

CEO, Ledger

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 08:04:58 PM

So I got 40 miners running with cgminer. Everything is fine, except pool is reporting lower hashrate then cgminer. In cgminer I get 14.46MH/s, in pool I see around 12.8-13.5MH/s. What can be the problem?

I have the same problem. cgminer is reporting a higher hashrate than the real one seen by the pool. Something like 10% difference.
I really can't explain why... Looks like an error in the cgminer driver for the gridseed unit.

XScrypt

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 08:17:28 PM

The issues are:

Anything above 850 Mhz performs worse, the hashrate cgminer displays is nothing like your 'actual' hashrate.

Ah, so none of the miners really report anything well about these devices. And the pools are notorious for their inaccuracy for hashrates as well.

I guess I'll have to dive into the schematics of the chip, the bios, and drivers to see if there's a way to do that. If the miner is reporting 380k and the pool is reporting 410k but I'm really only getting 300k, that's irritating to say the least.

One things for sure, the person with their clock set to 1000 is going to run into a lot of issues.

miner765

Activity: 96

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 08:18:59 PM

I have the same problem. cgminer is reporting a higher hashrate than the real one seen by the pool. Something like 10% difference.
I really can't explain why... Looks like an error in the cgminer driver for the gridseed unit.

But since it's 361k for each chip, cgminer can't really make a difference, except it's not reporting some shares. Wouldn't it be the pool mistaking then not cgminer?
dozerz
Legendary

Activity: 2219
Merit: 1057

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 08:51:27 PM

I just made an image, gridseed supported.
Just write image it to 4gb sdcard, stick it into your pi, fire up. Miners should start automatically after you've entered mining pool.
Hope this helps.

I am sorry, first upload was bad.....
https://mega.co.nz/#!uZAGFI6S!xVhHZdNvGij2L6gJk_VXnaTewgr7gFjOjnOCTtO_HHU

Thanks to all from litecointalk, who made this possible.

Let me know if that works for you.

I tried your image, but for some reason scripta doesn't recognize my gridseed 5chip miners. Tried a whole hub of 10 pieces and a single one. Neither seems to work.

i have the same problem with this image, however the pool reports all miners hashing. think i will just follow the instructions from scratch.

space for rent, shilling for sats
CartmanSPC
Legendary

Activity: 1270

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 09:58:02 PM

The issues are:

Wolfey2014

Code:

You cannot use a freq of 1000 with cgminer currently! If you do you will see exactly what you explained...no submitted shares at the pool. Max is 950.

Be happy that you are getting more than the officially stated 300 Kh/s! Who promised you 400?

SummersideGuy

Activity: 518

I am a meat Popsicle

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 10:28:51 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2014, 02:31:45 AM by SummersideGuy

So stepped things up dual mining SHA and Scypt to 800Mhz, and I am getting 6.4GH/s and 340Kh/s avg per gridseed, they get mildly warm but nothing that i would be concerned about.
Anyone try dual mining under windows at 850Mhz yet, I dont want to push them too far when mining sha alongside scrypt as the sha asics can get fairly warm.
sandor111

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 11:22:58 PM

So stepped things up dual mining SHA and Scypt to 800Mhz, and I am getting 6.4GH/s and 340Mh/s avg per gridseed, they get mildly warm but nothing that i would be concerned about.
Anyone try dual mining under windows at 850Mhz yet, I dont want to push them too far when mining sha alongside scrypt as the sha asics can get fairly warm.

850 is about the safe limit for these in dual mode, anything above that might be too hot for the chip.

crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 11:42:05 PM

anyone have any problems with the miner not hashing any shares. It did for a few days but now, just shows new blocks. No change to my bat file and I've tried all the miner software (cpuminer/cgminer/bfgminer). They all produce no shares, but also, no errors...

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks!

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
XScrypt

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 12:47:20 AM

anyone have any problems with the miner not hashing any shares. It did for a few days but now, just shows new blocks. No change to my bat file and I've tried all the miner software (cpuminer/cgminer/bfgminer). They all produce no shares, but also, no errors...

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks!

You'll need to supply more information than that if you want any useful responses.

1. What are the lights on the gridseed doing? Give on-off times.
2. Did you try disconnecting then reconnecting the gridseed?
3. Did you check your power supply and wiring? Is your power supply adequate? What mode are you running in?
4. Are you getting hardware errors? Is the device even hashing?
5. Post your miner configuration and miner output.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 102 »
  Print  

Jump to: