Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:41:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 [327] 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 ... 413 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XMY] Myriad | Multi-Algo, Fair, Secure  (Read 849668 times)
dazz

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 04:24:30 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2015, 04:59:16 PM by dazz

New MyriadSwitcher version 0.3.2 released

Added default profile that should mine with any device (obviously not optimized)
Also fixed a few bugs and stuff

Excellent. I will update Reddit.

Actually, would you mind giving me a complete "feature" or "update" list whenever possible? I would just like to have a large list of specs/capabilities that I can add to every release so someone new has a nice understanding of everything the switcher does.

Ok, let me try (I need to rewrite the user guide to, hope to have it this weekend):

- Easy to use, all in one mining tool for Myriadcoin.
- Includes a wallet to store your coins
- Bundles the miners too, and the miner workers run within the app
- Auto switching from selected algos to miximize profitability
- Pre-configured for a set of GPU's (needs to be expanded, currently just HD5850, HD7950, HD7970, GTX560Ti) loads hashrates and power consumptions automatically
- Default profile for unknown GPU's
- Preloaded P2P Pools include http://birdonwheels5.no-ip.org and http://myriad.p2pool.geek.nz
- Extra pools can be added by the user, which includes non P2P pools, you should manually enter your worker names for those
- For P2P pools, the app will auto-fill your user name with an address taken from your wallet. A different address is used for every algo so you can trace your payments in your wallet for each algo/pool
- The labels for each auto-generated address are MyriadSwitcher_scrypt, MyriadSwitcher_groestl, MyriadSwitcher_skein and MyriadSwitcher_qubit
- Address validation on start-up will check all your addresses and warn you if any of them doesn't belong to your wallet. You can choose to let the app replace those invalid addresses with valid ones. This feature can be switched off (useful for non P2P pools wher the user name is not an address)
- Buttons to open browser windows for each algo with information about that particular address and it's mining status (i.e. http://myriad.p2pool.geek.nz/miner/1/MMJm5dHZsXvF39kh1U1j18HKtoGQdvfbvL)
- Output window with profit estimates and totals, plus per algo breakdown
- Real time MYR-BTC exchange rate from Cryptsy or Poloniex displayed in the output stats
- Logging to html files of the output
- Mining sessions can be resumed, so the output stats continue where you left, or you can start over a new session at any time.
- Log browser to review your logs from within the app. You can delete logs from there or open the containing directory
- Three mining modes: Maximize coins per day, maximize coins per watt or hybrid  
- Miner error monitoring: detects if the miner crashes or freezes, can be set to reboot your system after a number of back to back errors. The mining session resumes automatically after the computer reboots.
- Configurable parameters to fine tune the algo switching logic (avoid possible constant switching back and forth) although defaults seem to work just fine
- Advanced configuration mode to run a custom batch file for each algo instead of the (pre)loaded pools/addresses

Pending features:
- Device maintenance section where one can add new devices (GPUs) link them to a miner, and edit the mining config parameters.

I intentionally left this one out, because I don't want people to just add their stuff and not share it so I can't include their configs in the package

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mintminty59

Activity: 139

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 05:38:35 PM

I am having real problems with some clients and this one, I am getting JSON INVAL DATA problems and miner refuses to conect to client-qt in windows. I have checked and tripple checked all the obvious things like ports etc but as there both on the same machine I can not see it being a firewall problem, can anyone shed some light on this for me please

rav3n_pl
Legendary

Activity: 1361
Merit: 1003

Don`t panic! Organize!

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 07:03:52 PM

When mining solo, cgminer require --btc-address xxxx, so you need add it to your miner configuration.

1Rav3nkMayCijuhzcYemMiPYsvcaiwHni  Bitcoin stuff on my OneDrive
My RPC CoinControl for any coin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=929954
Some stuff on https://github.com/Rav3nPL/
brownmon

Activity: 139

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 09:16:20 PM

Switcher back online

It uses the 'regular' qt wallet now and checks your addresses on start up. If any of the addresses in your myriad switcher config doesn't belong to your wallet, it will warn you and prompt to replace it with a valid address taken from your wallet

New MyriadSwitcher version 0.3.0 released

Does 'Simplicity' not work anymore?  I notice that the Elecrtrum wallet it has doesn't seem to connect :-(
dazz

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 09:26:21 PM

Switcher back online

It uses the 'regular' qt wallet now and checks your addresses on start up. If any of the addresses in your myriad switcher config doesn't belong to your wallet, it will warn you and prompt to replace it with a valid address taken from your wallet

New MyriadSwitcher version 0.3.0 released

Does 'Simplicity' not work anymore?  I notice that the Elecrtrum wallet it has doesn't seem to connect :-(

Redownload please. Make sure it's version 0.3.2 (use the download link in my signature)
The Electrum wallet has been replaced with the QT wallet
cryptapus

Activity: 626
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2015, 03:11:49 PM

Myriad Dice, Coinbomb and Transparent Ponzi Games!

Play and help support Myriad development.

Dice limits have been lowered so that micro-bets of 0.01 MYR are now possible:

https://cryptap.us/myr/dice

From this week's donated dice, coinbomb, and Ponzi game proceeds:

No donation this week, house is -5894.52447100

Keep playing, remember that 90% of proceeds go to MYR development. Play for a good cause!

website | PGP fingerprint: 692C 0756 E57D 2FA1 7601 3729 010B 717F 231C E7AA | BTC Address: 1CrYPTB1o7QWc8hXqBMP2LtAJh1VMtTFBh
neuroMode

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 11:59:55 AM

Looking back on this past year, it's easy to see how we got caught up in the hype and hoopla of being a new and innovative cryptocurrency. We've wanted to stick out above the crowd, appeal to miners and investors, and attract intelligent minds to lead community efforts. To ensure we weren't glossed over or quickly forgotten about, we proclaimed our plans to "BUILD ALL THE THINGS!" without a complete understanding of how to work hard and efficiently as a decentralized entity.

To no one's fault in particular, we collectively under-delivered on many of these projects while simultaneously keeping their concepts part of our overall Myriad identity. These projects include SMS wallets, PolyMYR, CounterMYR, and so forth. A sort of schizophrenic limbo has emerged from this situation that I sense actively impedes our pace moving forward as a collective.

Are we still defined by these projects? Are we interested in completing them? Or should we scrap them entirely to create a clean slate?

Moving forward in 2015, I ask of everyone to help foster a working environment that finds virtue in diligence and not dictated by hype. Let's be mindful of our mistakes as a nascent community and harness our wisdom into efficient, decentralized momentum.

Cheers.

Myriadcoin - the first multi-PoW blockchain! (Mine with SHA256 [ASICs], Scrypt [GPU/ASICs], Skein [GPUs], Groestl [GPUs], OR Qubit [CPUs/GPUs]).
Myriad Website // Myriad on Reddit || Myriad Android Wallet || Myriad Electrum Wallet || Multi-vPoW and Block "Tips" - Solution to Parasitic Merged Mining
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 12:24:07 PM

Is there any up-to-date listing of the best miners? I just started using maxdz8's M8M miner for qubit (which isn't in the ANN), and it is way better than pretty hate machine's version of sgminer. I feel like I remember reading about an upgrade of phm's qubit miner, but I can't find it atm (for computer's running linux, since M8M is windows only).

I tried running reorder's skein cgminer, and it seemed like I was getting accepted shares on bird's p2pool node, but my miner wasn't showing up on the list of people mining.

Also, one other kinda weird thing about M8M miner: I'm using it with a 270x and 7950, and they both hash at the same rate. Is this normal? Limited by slower card?

Also also, in the ANN there's no links for ccminer/nvminer for qubit, but you can definitely get versions of ccminer/nvminer that mine qubit now.
dazz

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 04:16:32 PM

Is there any up-to-date listing of the best miners? I just started using maxdz8's M8M miner for qubit (which isn't in the ANN), and it is way better than pretty hate machine's version of sgminer. I feel like I remember reading about an upgrade of phm's qubit miner, but I can't find it atm (for computer's running linux, since M8M is windows only).

I tried running reorder's skein cgminer, and it seemed like I was getting accepted shares on bird's p2pool node, but my miner wasn't showing up on the list of people mining.

Also, one other kinda weird thing about M8M miner: I'm using it with a 270x and 7950, and they both hash at the same rate. Is this normal? Limited by slower card?

Also also, in the ANN there's no links for ccminer/nvminer for qubit, but you can definitely get versions of ccminer/nvminer that mine qubit now.

I'm trying M8M as I type and I'm getting almost 2x the hashrate I get with sgminer.
Is there a way to run this from the command line with a custom config not in AppData?
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 04:25:03 PM

I'm trying M8M as I type and I'm getting almost 2x the hashrate I get with sgminer.
Is there a way to run this from the command line with a custom config not in AppData?

I don't think so, but /u/MaxDZ8 just posted on reddit in /r/myriadcoin, so you might try to PM him there...
larraboj

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 04:28:43 PM

Dont u get very high stale/reject rate?

I tried it and it showed about double the hashrate like you said but after awhile it always went up to about 30% stales with much higher power usage, which meant less hashes/watt and not as profitable as sgminer (for me at least).
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 04:38:04 PM

I tried it and it showed about double the hashrate like you said but after awhile it always went up to about 30% stales with much higher power usage, which meant less hashes/watt and not as profitable as sgminer (for me at least).

getting about 6% on p2pool after 24 hours, so it doesn't seem terrible...
larraboj

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 04:45:04 PM

That seems ok, maybe I tried an older version

Did you change anything from the default settings? eg. move the slider or write anything in Linearintensity?

I'll try again with 0.0.520
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 04:51:39 PM

That seems ok, maybe I tried an older version

Did you change anything from the default settings? eg. move the slider or write anything in Linearintensity?

I'll try again with 0.0.520

nope, just running default settings, linearintensity was like 1520 I think.
dazz

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 04:51:54 PM

It definitely draws more power but stales don't seem too high compared to sgminer. I'll need to test it for a bit longer to know if it's really better and how much better
dazz

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 05:06:13 PM

But no shares seem to be reaching the pool mining with M8M

http://myriad.p2pool.geek.nz/miner/4/MSrBrZkwtFTwHc78UmWvNzQjU55VVbm2kd

0 Kh/s

Huh
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 06:35:09 PM

But no shares seem to be reaching the pool mining with M8M

http://myriad.p2pool.geek.nz/miner/4/MSrBrZkwtFTwHc78UmWvNzQjU55VVbm2kd

0 Kh/s

Huh

Weird. It's working for me here: stratum+tcp://birdspool.no-ip.org:5567

but my pool reported hashrate does seem to be generally lower than the miner reported hashrate, by anywhere from 10-50%, but occasionally pool reported rate is actually higher, but seems less often.
MaxDZ8

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 08:20:04 AM

No, it isn't normal, but I have received several reports from multi-gpu users. Some of them don't even get it to work.
I have found a potential issue but in theory it should not be happening at all, which implies there's a larger problem. I haven't had the time to investigate it in detail so far as I've been fighting with the omega drivers.

I don't really suggest to even try because I've forgot a negation in the config switch so it just cannot be used reliably. Whoops!
dazz

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 10:21:42 AM

I don't really suggest to even try because I've forgot a negation in the config switch so it just cannot be used reliably. Whoops!

Haha, ok Max. No problemo.
It's just that I'll be glad to bundle it with myriadSwitcher if you're ok with that, and if it can be integrated
cryptapus

Activity: 626
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 10:42:21 PM

Greetings!

As some of you may know, I have provably fair Myriad dice, coinbomb and transparent ponzi games running here:

https://cryptap.us/myr/dice

Over the past year, I have donated 90% of the proceeds, 148749.85235088 MYR, directly to the development of Myriadcoin. After the first MYR halving I will also (roughly) halve the amount donated. Instead of 90%, 50% of all proceeds will go directly to MYR development. You can see a running table of donations at the bottom of the page.

The MYR donated (to my knowledge) goes directly to 8bitcoder. I think it's been a good way to help fund a good developer with a neat idea, and I'm proud to have helped. I'm happy to continue donating a part of the proceeds as I continue to see a great deal of value in the project and it's members.

Thanks for playing, oh and:

Keep playing, remember that 90% (soon to be 50%) of proceeds go to MYR development. Play for a good cause!

website | PGP fingerprint: 692C 0756 E57D 2FA1 7601 3729 010B 717F 231C E7AA | BTC Address: 1CrYPTB1o7QWc8hXqBMP2LtAJh1VMtTFBh
Pages: « 1 ... 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 [327] 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 ... 413 »
  Print  

Jump to: