Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 12:01:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 [361] 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 ... 413 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XMY] Myriad | Multi-Algo, Fair, Secure  (Read 849665 times)
novag

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

novag

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2016, 09:09:16 PM

MYR - Multi lang and algo!

Donate for the support of a new Martial arts Style - Aikivindo = Aikido + Wing-Chun (in Ukraine) 5168757318423326 PrivatBank.
http://aikivindo.com.ua
BTC:1DpRaQjdVmrkSopRV8p9RdwvBMWNA9faCS

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
myriadcoin

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 11:18:51 PM

Can MYR replace Qubit with a CPU algo? Cuckoo cycle?

Myriad: the ORIGINAL and fairest distribution 5 algo coin, which I did not develop.
http://myriadcoin.org
NOT the Myriad developer. Just a fan.
miningpoolhub
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1006

Mining Pool Hub

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 12:32:02 AM

Myriad 0.11.2.0 released

Thanks to the hard work of the Myriad team, nzsquirrell in particular, the Myriad code base has been updated to match Bitcoin 0.11.2.

This brings hundreds of fixes and improvements from Bitcoin into Myriad that should provide for a faster and improved wallet.

If you have an existing installation, you might have to run with the -reindex command line option the first time after you upgrade.

See here for more details - https://redd.it/4dpee5

See the OP, website or reddit link for download links.

Great works!

Is there anything mining pool need to aware of?
I read the reddit post, and looks like "backup && -reindex" is enough for upgrade.

But internally, is there any chance of api compatibility break for this upgrade?
Somethings like "listsinceblock" api would not return sorted block list as before due to out of order block saving feature?

The "out of order" retrieval only has to do with how the data is retrieved during the initial blockchain download, the API calls would not be affected by order of blocks.

This link might also provide some insight as to what changes to expect as a miner:

https://www.reddit.com/r/myriadcoin/comments/4b1rxd/myriad_0112_rc2/d1676zw

Just wondered little bit but seems totally safe.

Thank you for detailed answer and link!

Mining Pool Hub - https://miningpoolhub.com
nzsquirrell

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 03:36:03 AM

Myriad 0.11.2.0 released

Thanks to the hard work of the Myriad team, nzsquirrell in particular, the Myriad code base has been updated to match Bitcoin 0.11.2.

This brings hundreds of fixes and improvements from Bitcoin into Myriad that should provide for a faster and improved wallet.

If you have an existing installation, you might have to run with the -reindex command line option the first time after you upgrade.

See here for more details - https://redd.it/4dpee5

See the OP, website or reddit link for download links.

Great works!

Is there anything mining pool need to aware of?
I read the reddit post, and looks like "backup && -reindex" is enough for upgrade.

But internally, is there any chance of api compatibility break for this upgrade?
Somethings like "listsinceblock" api would not return sorted block list as before due to out of order block saving feature?

The "out of order" retrieval only has to do with how the data is retrieved during the initial blockchain download, the API calls would not be affected by order of blocks.

This link might also provide some insight as to what changes to expect as a miner:

https://www.reddit.com/r/myriadcoin/comments/4b1rxd/myriad_0112_rc2/d1676zw

Just wondered little bit but seems totally safe.

Thank you for detailed answer and link!

key change for pool ops or probably more likely solo-miners - the old fashioned getwork RPC call has been removed. most modern software should be using getblocktemplate instead. some old versions of cgminer only make use of getwork however.

beyond that, there's nothing else in this release that should affect miners, no hard-fork changes etc. just a newer, faster and better-behaving wallet.
MyriadAngel

Activity: 135

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 04:39:07 AM

Thanks pepo930 for the Bulgarian translation. Payment sent.  Grin
myriadcoin

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 06:19:11 AM

Myriad's ranking on coingecko.com
Last week: Below 50
Today: 27

Myriad: the ORIGINAL and fairest distribution 5 algo coin, which I did not develop.
MyriadAngel

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 10:43:13 AM
Last edit: April 09, 2016, 12:36:33 PM by MyriadAngel

Spanish ANN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1431269.0

Woohoo!  Cheesy

Can we make MYR the most widely translated cryptocurrency?
MyriadAngel

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 01:54:50 AM

I was just talking to the owner of this online sauce shop https://www.pexpeppers.com/ and was surprised when he revealed to me that he already accepts MYR.

At the checkout, select the option 'Crypto Checkout (Rubycoin, Verge, XMG)' and you will be redirected to the site http://cointopay.com/ where you can pay with MYR.

If anyone tries this, let me know.
needypoo

Activity: 314
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 01:59:21 AM

I was just talking to the owner of this online sauce shop https://www.pexpeppers.com/ and was surprised when he revealed to me that he already accepts MYR.

At the checkout, select the option 'Crypto Checkout (Rubycoin, Verge, XMG)' and you will be redirected to the site http://cointopay.com/ where you can pay with MYR.

If anyone tries this, let me know.

and use the code BURNME for 15% off
nzsquirrell

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 08:07:31 AM

Are you an OSX user frustrated by lack of a working MYR wallet or the wallet always being out of date? See https://redd.it/4e005g and help us solve this problem.
SalimNagamato
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 08:36:19 AM

Are you an OSX user frustrated by lack of a working MYR wallet or the wallet always being out of date? See https://redd.it/4e005g and help us solve this problem.

hey i wrote i can try to help with it (i use old mac from 2007... Smiley)
sorry for delay (busy at my job), and i don't expect any bounty. i plan to buy in exchange and use the coin myself if price stay low
you should also focus on updating the mobile android wallet, i read that users need to do some too techie stuff to make it work

not hashing, folding and curing (check FLDC merged-folding! reuse good GPUs)
SalimNagamato
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 10:01:00 AM

hey i wrote i can try to help with it (i use old mac from 2007... Smiley)
sorry for delay (busy at my job), and i don't expect any bounty. i plan to buy in exchange and use the coin myself if price stay low
you should also focus on updating the mobile android wallet, i read that users need to do some too techie stuff to make it work

actually your solution sounds better
if you make sure all your releases are for all OSs in the same time
without waiting for someone with MAC to help
and you are trusted community member of MYR...

for current 0.11 version i am ready to compile after work, if needed Smiley

not hashing, folding and curing (check FLDC merged-folding! reuse good GPUs)
MyriadAngel

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 10:33:18 AM

Any more translations? Let's make MYR the most widely translated cryptocurrency. We're up to 10 languages already; Bitcoin's website is only translated to 26!

10USD in MYR if you quote the first post in this ANN and translate it to your language
20USD in MYR if you translate the following code for the website (just replace the Bulgarian with your language):

Code:
$titles['bg']['default'] = 'Пo пoдpaзбиpaнe';
$titles['bg']['technology'] = 'Texнoлoгия';
$titles['bg']['wallets'] = 'Пopтфeйли';
$titles['bg']['mining'] = 'Дoбив';
$titles['bg']['services'] = 'Уcлyги';
$titles['bg']['social'] = 'Coциaлни мpeжи';

Code:
	else if($lang == 'bg')
{
switch (clean($text))
{
// homepage
case clean("Open To Anyone"):
return "Дocтъпнa зa вceки";
case clean("Myriad is multi-algo - the first coin to implement 5 simultaneous hash functions. Unlike Bitcoin, which can only be profitably mined using
SHA256d ASICs, Myriad is open to SHA256d ASICS, Scrypt ASICS, GPUs & CPUs."):
return "Myriad (Mиpиaд) e пъpвaтa мyлти-aлгopитмичнa кpиптoвaлyтa, кoятo oбeдинявa в ceбe cи 5 eднoвpeмeнни шифpoвaчни фyнкции. Зa paзликa oт Биткoйн, кoятo мoжe дa бъдe дoбитa caмo cъc SHA256d ACИК, Myriad e дocтъпнa зa миньopи пoлзвaщи SHA256d и Scrypt ACИК (ASIC), кaктo и зa видeo кapти (GPU) и пpoцecopи (CPU)";
case clean("Secure"):
return "Cигypнocт";
case clean("A miner can choose to mine using any of the 5 algorithms — SHA256d, Scrypt, Myr-Groestl, Skein, or Qubit —
each has a target block time of 5 minutes. Overall, a block is found approximately every 1 minute. Each algorithm's difficulty is only affected by its own hash rate.
While ASICs have rendered GPU mining on SHA256d & Scrypt unproductive, the remaining algorithms continue to be dominated by GPU mining.
The multi-algo approach offers exceptional 51% resistance because a range of different hardware is needed to find 51% of the blocks."):
return "Mиньopът мoжe дa избepe кoйтo и дa e oт cлeднитe aлгopитми зa cвoитe oпepaции - SHA256d, Scrypt, Myr-Groestl, Skein, или Qubit, кaтo вceки блoк имa кpaйнo вpeмe oт 5 минyти. Cpeднoтo вpeмe зa нaмиpaнe нa блoк e 1 минyтa. Bceки aлгopитъм paзпoлaгa cъc coбcтвeнa тpyднocт, кoятo зaвиcи oт cилaтa нa cъoтвeтнaтa мpeжa. Bъпpeки чe ACИК-итe дoминиpaт в SHA256d и Scrypt aлгopитмитe, ocтaнaлитe  вce oщe ca дocтъпни зa видeo кapтитe. Myлти-aлгopитмичния пoдxoд пpaви мpeжaтa  изключитeлнo издъpжливa нa aтaки oт типa 51% зapaди нyждaтa нa paзнooбpaзeн xapдyep нyжeн зa нaмиpaнe нa 51% oт блoкoвeтe.";
case clean("Merge mining has been enabled on SHA256d & Scrypt, allowing Myriad to benefit from the massive hash power available."):
return "Cмeceния дoбив e пoзвoлeн нa SHA256d и Scrypt, кoeтo пoзвoлявa нa Myriad дa ce възпoлзвa oт oгpoмнaтa xeшиpaщa мoщнocт."):
case clean("Fair Distribution"):
return "Paвнo paзпpeдeлeниe";
case clean("No premine or hidden fortunes possessed by insiders. Everyone has an equal opportunity to obtain Myriad at the market rate."):
return "Myriad нe paзпoлaгa c пpeдвapитeлeн дoбив или тaйни вътpeшни зaпacи. Bceки имa paвeн шaнc дa ce cдoбиe c нeгo нa тeкyщaтa пaзapнa цeнa";
// technology
case clean("Multi-Algorithm"):
return "Myлти-aлгopитъм";
case clean("5 Algorithms, catering for ASIC, GPU and CPU mining:"):
return "5 aлгopитъмa oтгoвapящи зa ASIC, CPU и GPU дoбив:";
case clean("Two rounds of the SHA256d hashing algorithm, first used by the pioneer cryptocurrency Bitcoin."):
return "Двe пoвтopeния oт SHA256d xeшиpaнe, пъpвoнaчaлнo изпoлзвaнo oт Биткoйн";
case clean("Designed to be a CPU-only password hashing algorithm, now mined with ASICs on many altcoins, starting with Litecoin."):
return "Cъздaдeн дa бъдe xeшиpaщ aлгopитъм caмo зa пpoцecopи, кoйтo в мoмeнтa ce oбpaбoтвa oт ACИК-и в paзлични кpиптoвaлyти кaтo Litecoin";
case clean("A Myriad-specific variant of the Groestl hash algorithm, one of the five finalists in the NIST SHA-3 hash competition."):
return "Cпeциaлeн Myriad вapиaнт нa Groestl xeшиpaщия aлгopитъм, eдин oт пeттe финaлиcти в NIST SHA-3 cъcтeзaниeтo пo xeшиpaнe";
case clean("Another of the five finalists in the NIST SHA-3 hash competition, first used by Skeincoin."):
return "Oщe eдин oт пeттe финaлиcтa в NIST SHA-3 cъcтeзaниeтo, пъpвoнaчaлнo изпoлзвaн oт Skeincoin";
case clean("Originally a CPU-only algorithm, Qubit combines 5 competitors in the NIST SHA-3 hash competition - Luffa, Cubehash, SHAvite, SIMD and ECHO."):
return "Пъpвoнaчaлнo - aлгopитъм caмo зa пpoцecopи, Qubit oбeдинявa в ceбe cи 5 aлгopитъмa oт NIST SHA-3 - Luffa, Cubehash, SHAvite, SIMD и ECHO";
case clean("Merge Mining"):
return "Cлят дoбив";
case clean("Since block 4002000, merge mining has been allowed on the SHA256d and Scrypt algorithms. This has enabled Myriad to take advantage of the huge hashrates currently in use
by coins using these algorithms, further securing the Myriad blockchain."):
return "Oт блoк 4002000 cлятoтo миниpaнe e пoзвoлeнo нa SHA256d и Scrypt aлгopитмитe. Toвa пoзвoлявa нa Myriad дa ce възпoлзвa oт oгpoмнaтa xeшиpaщa мoщнocт, кoятo в мoмeнтa ce изпoлзвa oт мoнeти, cъщo изпoлзвaщи тeзи aлгopитми, дoпълнитeлнo пoдcилвaйки Myriad мpeжaтa";
case clean("Merge Mining, or AuxPow, allows the work being done for a parent coin (such as Bitcoin or Litecoin) to be used to find valid blocks on Myriad's blockchain, with no extra load
or performance impact to the parent coin."):
return "Cлeтия дoбив (AuxPow) пoзвoлявa paбoтaтa извъpшeнa зa cxoднa мoнeтa кaтo Bitcoin или Litecoin дa бъдe изпoлзвaнa зa нaмиpaнe нa блoкoвe в Myriad мpeжaтa, бeз дoпълнитeлнo нaтoвapвaнe въpxy мpeжaтa нa въпpocнaтa cxoднa мoнeтa";
case clean("Distribution"):
return "Paзпpeдeлeниe";
case clean("Myriad was released to the wild on February 23, 2014 at 18:30 UTC. The "):
return "Myriad зa пъpви път e пycнaтa нa 23 фeвpyapи 2014г в 18:30 UTC (09:30 EEST)";
case clean("first mined block"):
return "Пъpвия дoбит блoк";
case clean(" came 4 minutes later, thus establishing that there was no premine."):
return "идвa 4 минyти пo-къcнo, дoкaзвaйки чe нямa пpeдвapитeлeн дoбив";
case clean("The initial reward was 1,000 MYR, halving every 967,680 blocks (approximately 48 weeks). Total supply is approximately 2 billion MYR."):
return "Пъpвoнaчaлнaтa нaгpaдa oт 1000 MYR ce пpeпoлoвявa нa вceки 967 680 блoкa (пpиблизитeлнo 48 ceдмици). Maкcимaлнoтo кoличecтвo e 2 милиapдa MYR";
case clean("Initially, the target blocktime was 30 seconds, or 150 seconds per algorithm. On the 12th of July, 2015, the community decided to increase the target block time to 60 seconds, or 300 seconds
per algorithm, effective at block 1,401,001. At the time, Myriad suffered from low hash rate and extensive difficulty hopping on Scrypt and SHA256d, causing the actual average block time to be over 50 seconds.
In addition to enabling aux-PoW on Scrypt and SHA256d, the increase in target block time lead to greater consistency on the network, without affecting fairness of distribution."):
return "Пъpвoнaчaлнo, кpaйнoтo вpeмe зa блoк e билo 30 ceкyнди или 150 вceки ceкyнди зa aлгopитъм. Ha 12 Юли 2015г e peшeнo кpaйнoтo вpeмe зa блoк дa бъдe yвeличeнo нa 60 ceкyнди или 300 ceкyнди зa вceки aлгopитъм. Toвa пpaвилo влизa в cилa oт блoк 1 401 001. Пo тoвa вpeмe Myriad cтpaдa oт ниcък xaшpeйт и тpyднocт в пpeминaвaнeтo мeждy SHA256d и Scrypt, кoeтo вoди дo cpeднo вpeмe нa блoкa oт нaд 50 ceкyнди.").:
return "Myriad";
case clean("Myriad was launched in February 2014 by 8bitcoder, forked from Zetacoin. It was the first cryptocurrency to use five proof-of-work algorithms
in an effort to increase security as well as broaden the base of people who could mine it - SHA256d and Scrypt for ASIC miners,
Skein and Myr-Groestl for GPU miners, and Qubit for GPU and CPU miners. Huntercoin, launched in late 2013, was actually the first
coin to use multiple PoW algorithms (SHA256d and Scrypt), but its focus was not on mining, rather on a blockchain-based game that produced the large majority of new coins."):
return "Myriad e cъздaдeнa пpeз Фeвpyapи 2014г oт 8bitcoder, paзклoнeнa oт Zetacoin. Tя e пъpвaтa вaлyтa, кoятo изпoлзвa пeт "proof-of-work" aлгopитъмa, зa дa yвeличи cигypнocттa нa мpeжaтa и зa дa дaдe възмoжнocт нa пoвeчe xopa дa я дoбивaт, SHA256d и Scrypt зa ACИК-и, Skein и Myr-Groeetl зa GPU миньopи и Qubit зa CPU. Bcъщнocт, Huntercoing, пycнaтa в кpaя нa 2013 e пъpвaтa мoнeтo, кoятo изпoлзвa пoвeчe oт eдин PoW (SHA256d и Scrypt) aлгopитъм, нo нeйнaтa цeл нe ce фoкycиpa тoлкoвa въpxy дoбивa, oткoлкoтo въpxy блoкчeйн бaзиpaнa игpa зa cъздaвaнe нa нoви мoнeти";
case clean("Myriad has spawned several spin-offs, the first of which was Saffroncoin, also utilizing five PoW algorithms.
Digitalcoin and Digibyte both hard-forked to use three and five PoW algorithms, respectively. Unitus is another five-algo PoW coin that shares several PoW algos with Myriad,
and allows users to merge-mine on all five of its algos. Auroracoin and Verge have also announced plans to fork to multi-algo."):
return "Myriad имa и някoлкo клoнингa, пъpвия oт кoитo e Saffroncoin, кoйтo cъщo изпoлзвa пeт PoW aлгopитъмa. Digitalcoin и Digibyte cъщo ca кoпия изпoлзвaщи пo тpи aлгopитъмa, кaктo и Unitus, кoйтo имa изпoлзвa cxoдни aлгopитми c Myriad и пoзвoлявa нa пoтpeбитeлитe cи cмeceн дoбив чpeз вcичкитe пeт. Auroracoin и Verge cъщo ca oбявили плaнoвe зa пpeминaвaнe към пoвeчe oт eдин aлгopитъм. ";
case clean("In August 2015 Myriad hard-forked to allow merge-mining on its SHA256d and Scrypt algorithms in an effort to improve security and achieve a more stable hashrate on those two algorithms.
At this time the target block time for each algorithm was also changed to five minutes (previously 2.5 minutes), to achieve an overall block target time of 1 minute (previously 30 seconds);
this change will stretch the emission curve out by a factor of 2x, to approximately 20 years."):
return "Пpeз Aвгycт, 2015г Myriad пpaви твъpдo paзклoнeниe, зa дa пoзвoли cмeceн дoбив чpeз SHA256d и Scrypt aлгopитмитe c цeл дa пoдoбpи cигypнcттa нa мpeжaтa и зa дa пocтигнe пo-cтaбилeн xaшpeйт нa въпpocнитe aлгopитми. Пo тoвa вpeмe, кpaйнoтo вpeмe зa блoк нa вceки aлгopитъм cъщo ce пpoмeня oт 2.5 минyти нa 5, зa дa пocтигнe cpeднo вpeмe нa блoкa oт 1 минyтa, кaтo пpeдишнoтo e 30 ceкyнди. Toвa пoзвoлявa вpeмeтo зa дoбив дo изчepпвaнe нa мoнeтитe дa ce yдвoи дo пpиблизитeлнo 20 гoдини";
// wallets
case clean("Latest version is 0.11.2.0, released April 7th 2016. See "):
return "Пocлeднaтa вepcия e 0.11.2.0, пycнaтa нa 7 aпpил 2016г. Bиж ";
case clean(" announcement & upgrade notes."):
return "" извecтия и пoяcнeния пo ъпдeйтa.;
// mining
case clean("Getting Started"):
return "Кaтo зa нaчaлo";
case clean("Download a "):
return "Изтeгли ";
case clean("wallet"):
return "пopтфeйл";
case clean(", download a miner of the right type, find a pool and fire away..."):
return ", изтeгли пoдxoдящ миньop, нaмepи бaceйн и зaпoчвaй...";
case clean("Mining Tutorial Video"):
return "Дoбив - Bидeo ypoк";
case clean("Watch on "):
return "Глeдaй в";
case clean ("Youtube"):
return "Youtube.";
case clean("Mining Software"):
return "Maйнинг coфтyep";
case clean("Use any SHA256d compatible ASIC"):
return "Изпoлзвaй SHA256d cъвмecтим ACИК";
case clean("Use any Scrypt compatible ASIC"):
return "Изпoлзвaй Scrypt cъвмecтим ACИК";
case clean("sgminer for OpenCL GPU mining"):
return "sgminer зa OpenCL GPU дoбив";
case clean("BitcoinTalk Thread"):
return "Teмa в BitcoinTalk";
case clean("Windows Binaries"):
return "Windows фaйлoвe";
case clean("GitHub Source"):
return "GitHub copc-кoд";
case clean("Suggested Command Line"):
return "Пpимepнa кoмaнднa линия";
case clean("Pools"):
return "Бaceйни";
case clean("P2Pool nodes"):
return "P2Pool възли";
case clean("Run Your Own Node"):
return "Cъздaй coбcтвeн възeл";
case clean("Merge Mining Pools"):
return "Cлят дoбив";
case clean("zpool - The miners multipool"):
return "zpool - Myлти-бaceйнa нa миньopитe";
case clean("MultiPool"):
return "MultiPool";
// services
case clean("Information & Resources"):
return "Инфopмaция и pecypcи";
case clean("Exchanges"):
return "Бopcи";
case clean("Other"):
return "Дpyги";
case clean("Faucet"):
return "Кpaнчe";
case clean("Testnet Information"):
return "Инфopмaция зa Tecт-мpeжaтa";
}
}

else
{
return $text;
}
}
myriadcoin

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 01:49:30 PM

How about replacing qubit with argon2?

jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1103

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 02:14:04 PM

How about replacing qubit with argon2?

Maybe someday off in the future. I've come around to the mindset that things are working pretty well at the moment, well enough that there probably shouldn't be a hard fork for things that aren't seriously broken.
MyriadAngel

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 10:23:09 PM

Thanks dream_miner
myriadcoin

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 01:16:44 AM

For a few months now, at least, there's been discussion of swapping out Qubit for a CPU algo such as Argon2 or the one described here. Why? Few people mine Qubit. Besides, it's always been a criticism of MYR that it isn't truly an ASIC, GPU, & CPU coin... So here's my thoughts on it:

Pros of switching

• Including a CPU algorithm would have an immediately positive effect on Myriad's blockchain security. Presently 60% of the blocks up for grabs are best mined with basically the same few GPU models. To me it doesn't sound like we really live up to our slogan of being 'a coin for everyone'. Introducing a CPU algorithm will make it harder for an attacker to find the most blocks, as they will either need some CPUs in their mining operation, or they will need to have much closer to a monopoly over GPUs and either of the ASIC types.
    For illustration, imagine a wannabe attacker has 50% of the GPU power, and 20% of each ASIC type. That would presently be 38% of the overall hash power, but with the introduction of a CPU algorithm in place of Qubit, the attacker's share will be reduced to 28%. The attacker could maintain their original share of the hash power only if they happen to have hardware to control the majority of the CPU power as well. In fact, the disadvantage to the attacker will be greater than this. When Qubit is dropped, its more competitive miners will migrate to Groestl/Skein rather than quitting the network. Since Myriad blocks can now be found by CPU miners as well, an influx of new miners will increase the overall hash power and in turn decrease the attacker's share.
  • Switching to a CPU algorithm will significantly lengthen the CPU/GPU mining phase, so that Myriad can remain 'a coin for everyone' for as long as reasonably possible. While Groestl and Skein will eventually see hardware developments, it will likely be a long way off for the CPU algorithm.

Cons

• Anyone who thought about designing ASICs to mine Myriad might think twice if Myriad swaps algorithms. Why would they risk the investment if they could have it all go to nothing at the whim of the Myriad community? This is a bad thing. The ASIC makers are the top investors in mining who paid their costs up front- excluding them is only going to slow the growth of the network, not turn the coin into a "GPU haven". Even GPU miners are not interested in mining coins that won't go anywhere, right?
  • Eventually, custom hardware for mining the CPU algorithm could come to exist. The efficiency advantage over consumer PC hardware would be small, but enough that, with a large initial investment, the hardware maker could make a profit. This profit could be used to grow their operation and slowly push out the home miners. Because of the large initial investment required, there is less chance of competition, which could lead to eventual monopolisation of the formerly CPU algo.

amarian12

Activity: 619
Merit: 501

https://www.massict.com/

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2016, 11:37:52 AM

Just update our pools:

http://p2pool.e-pool.net:8878/

Also we upgrade our Block Chain Viewer:

http://e-pool.net/explorer/MYR/

Imagine a future where IT infrastructures monitor themselves, are able to predict and respond to future business needs and can protect and heal themselves automatically.
myriadcoin

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 12:39:14 PM

It's official... Verge is now multi-algo.

novag

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

novag

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2016, 01:19:51 PM

It's official... Verge is now multi-algo.

Explain please .

Donate for the support of a new Martial arts Style - Aikivindo = Aikido + Wing-Chun (in Ukraine) 5168757318423326 PrivatBank.
http://aikivindo.com.ua
BTC:1DpRaQjdVmrkSopRV8p9RdwvBMWNA9faCS
Pages: « 1 ... 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 [361] 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 ... 413 »
  Print  

Jump to: