Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:22:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 [235] 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 ... 413 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XMY] Myriad | Multi-Algo, Fair, Secure  (Read 849668 times)
kdfspam

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 12:21:13 PM

Any possibility of adding new algos in the near future?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
neuroMode

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 12:24:51 PM
Last edit: May 29, 2014, 01:06:41 PM by neuroMode

Huh

I think that the script is slowly but surely killing the coin, or rather kill her Asics.

What is killing the coin is other coins pulling all old tricks from the book - decreasing coin supply, going pos, switching algos etc. etc. while MYR is not doing anything to garner heavy investor interest. Why should I invest in MYR if only 14% of all coins have been mined and miners dump a ton each single day? This is a fast paced game now, it's not like the old times when you could afford 2 years to develop. You need to ride the wave and stay on top of it or 50 other coins will take your place and you will soon be forgotten for good.

What is killing the coin is other coins pulling all old tricks from the book - decreasing coin supply, going pos, switching algos etc. etc.

Oh, so coins are completely changing their entire identity to please "heavy investors" AKA pumpers?

I'd say 90% of coins that change their entire identity to play the "fast paced game now" will absolutely fizzle and die before you know it. You know why? It's because the coin devs created a clone coin, then realized they didn't make it with the latest pump and dump trend (country coins, POS, multipools, POW+POS, X11, now anonymity and stabilization funds), so they change it to join that trend so they can cash out and move to making their next coin. It is obvious when this happens that the dev has broken all commitment to the ideals of the coin that made him want to create it to begin with.  You think people walking around with bags of bitcoins are going to heavily invest in shitcoins that flip-flop on their original design to catch the moon train? Yeah, sure, maybe a day or week TOPS to prey on stupid people.

Why should I invest in MYR if only 14% of all coins have been mined and miners dump a ton each single day?

Because you imagine it having a higher value in the future. Because you've done more research into Myriad beyond checking the price on Mintpal and letting it create an image of what is happening below the surface instead of checking it for yourself.

Also:

14% of all Bitcoins = 2.94M.

When only 2.94M Bitcoins existed, the time was late May 2010, when the 10,000 BTC pizza transaction took place. Bitcoins were less than $0.01 each. Imagine all the people who used your same argument then.

The mindset that miners dumping will cause the valuation of your investment to do nothing besides decrease is such a suffocating perspective. You tend to frame every situation in a coin's life as one incapable of overcoming this idea of dumping instead of assessing the value and demand it would bring.

This is a fast paced game now, it's not like the old times when you could afford 2 years to develop. You need to ride the wave and stay on top of it or 50 other coins will take your place and you will soon be forgotten for good.

Is it a fast-paced game now? Really? If coins are playing any games, it's who can shoot themselves in the foot first. What do all coins have in common that played these fast-paced games that Myriad should play: country coins, POS, multipools, POW+POS, X11, now anonymity and stabilization funds. They all are forgotten or will be forgotten before they ever really began.

Maybe Myriad should stick to its own weapons and not waste time with playing fast-paced games that have proven time and time and time and time and time again to expose coins for what they really are (pump chasers) and leave them dead to rights.

Myriadcoin - the first multi-PoW blockchain! (Mine with SHA256 [ASICs], Scrypt [GPU/ASICs], Skein [GPUs], Groestl [GPUs], OR Qubit [CPUs/GPUs]).
Myriad Website // Myriad on Reddit || Myriad Android Wallet || Myriad Electrum Wallet || Multi-vPoW and Block "Tips" - Solution to Parasitic Merged Mining
neuroMode

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 12:56:20 PM

Just for the sake of adding algos? What do any algos out there do that the current Myriad algos cannot?

Myriadcoin - the first multi-PoW blockchain! (Mine with SHA256 [ASICs], Scrypt [GPU/ASICs], Skein [GPUs], Groestl [GPUs], OR Qubit [CPUs/GPUs]).
Myriad Website // Myriad on Reddit || Myriad Android Wallet || Myriad Electrum Wallet || Multi-vPoW and Block "Tips" - Solution to Parasitic Merged Mining
kdfspam

Activity: 33

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 01:16:09 PM

CryptoKnight and Keccak look interesting.

Just for the sake of adding algos? What do any algos out there do that the current Myriad algos cannot?
neuroMode

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 01:23:41 PM

CryptoKnight and Keccak look interesting.

It needs to be more than interesting to undergo the hardforking and accompanying complications required for this.

loyer

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 01:39:51 PM

I've seen many good articles on Myriad lately and everything about the coin sounds great. So what keeps holding down the price?  Huh
coin-table

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 02:05:34 PM

Hi,

we are running the site www.crypto-coins-table.com

- 646 coins indexed so far (28th May 2014)
- providing detailed charts on pricing and volume
- capitalisation listing
- top and flop coins
- many filters to analyse

personalized features
- create individual watchlists
- track your coins value and compare

W have listed your coin already. To provide the full and uptodate information
on your coin, please use the update function.

Thanks, the coin-table team

contact us, if you would like to join the team or advertise on crypto-coins-table.com

Stellar Lumens an easy introduction - https://stellarkitty.com
neuroMode

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 02:19:08 PM

I've seen many good articles on Myriad lately and everything about the coin sounds great. So what keeps holding down the price?  Huh

Myriad started in a downtrend and now day-traders are trying to find where the bottom is because the cheaper you can get Myriad the higher the profits when the uptrend begins. Day-traders working the markets use both the highs and lows of coins to their advantage. In fact, I imagine some of them that follow Myriad in this thread sees the community panicking about multipools and "inflation" and use this to their advantage to push the price lower, which amplifies the panicking in a positive feedback loop.

iamphoenix

Activity: 244

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:29:07 PM

It is futile for me to continue when my words fall upon deaf ears.
My simple request remains here in the forum. Whether I will now seems to be irrelevant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cognitive_biases

Can you state for me concisely in a sentence the general point that you are trying to make? Things have gone all over the place the last few pages.

Is your point: Multipools will continue to kill the exchange rate value of Myriadcoin and ruin mining for Scrypt while working towards ruining mining for Skein, Myr-Groestl, and Qubit?
==========================
3 lines to sum up below

1 player can mine 9+ blocks in a row of the same algo in under 30 seconds. Come on its simple.

This problem will not go away it will get worse.

it is not coins being dumped that is the issue.  Stop saying that were talking about price.

====================
=======================
=========================
MPs look like they are going to continue to gain higher and higher %s of any huge difficulty coin. Is it not possible that 1 pool may have 2x the hashing power of even Litecoin. It is possible. Foodies the frozen block chain resulting from shorter diff retarg lookbacks can be worked around. It just takes a little imagination and a community sharing ideas. When you say this is being considered ... where on IRC? its so hard to keep track of comments why not have a large discussion on reddit where we can turn off our computers and come back to see what happened.

Look here another example tell me which coin that has forked in this hypothetical situation is MYR and which is another coin being targeted by a massive multipool. Which one is MYR and which one is another coin. XXX= any algo within the coin (scrypt for the other coin only)

XXX-XXX-XXX- Scrypt-Scrypt-Scrypt-Scrypt-Scrypt-Scrypt-Scrypt-Scrypt- in 30 seconds forking the coin difficulty eventually catches up and is high
XXX-XXX-XXX- Scrypt-Scrypt-Scrypt-Scrypt-Scrypt-Scrypt-Scrypt-Scrypt- in 30 seconds forking the coin difficulty eventually catches up and is high

Do you see now? Myriad now has had its main advantage temporarily negated. Think about it.... Please??

Please just re read the last however many pages and try to see this escalating problem and how severe we truly believe it is. So far no answer has proven ... no answer specifically addressing this root problem has even really been given.

Instead its "mark my words" or misunderstanding or arguing about the specific semantics of some example being given to try to help you guys to undersand the root. The example does not matter it is speculation but the problem here is not imaginary nor harmless the blockchain serves as proof.

i cant explain this any simpler... i could have written a book by now with all the posts about 1 simple thing. before any response is given RE-read the posts ... the answer to whatever point you may bring up trying to dissuade us from trying to brainstorm a solution is most likely there. Seriously. That is why we are so frustrated we keep having to explain the same thing over and over again and then after that another point is made that has already been answered without a valid or any counter argument.

Please just read it over again with an open mind.

Responding immediately as before ... confirms these words have fallen on deaf ears.

I dont want to type the same unresolved point anymore I just cant.

Get Daily Free SIGNs before too late. T6ZzzGAkxmSQDmeNUZPBf3pbD2ogiC2DDf

Myriadplatform.org
foodies123

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:18:18 PM

My simple request remains here in the forum. Whether I will now seems to be irrelevant.

Can you state for me concisely in a sentence the general point that you are trying to make? Things have gone all over the place the last few pages.

Is your point: Multipools will continue to kill the exchange rate value of Myriadcoin and ruin mining for Scrypt while working towards ruining mining for Skein, Myr-Groestl, and Qubit?
3 lines to sum up below

1 player can mine 9+ blocks in a row of the same algo in under 30 seconds. Come on its simple.

it is not coins being dumped that is the issue.  Stop saying that were talking about price.

====================
=======================
MPs look like they are going to continue to gain higher and higher %s of any huge difficulty coin. Is it not possible that 1 pool may have 2x the hashing power of even Litecoin. It is possible. Foodies the frozen block chain resulting from shorter diff retarg lookbacks can be worked around. It just takes a little imagination and a community sharing ideas. When you say this is being considered ... where on IRC? its so hard to keep track of comments why not have a large discussion on reddit where we can turn off our computers and come back to see what happened.

Look here another example tell me which coin that has forked in this hypothetical situation is MYR and which is another coin being targeted by a massive multipool. Which one is MYR and which one is another coin. XXX= any algo within the coin (scrypt for the other coin only)

Do you see now? Myriad now has had its main advantage temporarily negated. Think about it.... Please??

Please just re read the last however many pages and try to see this escalating problem and how severe we truly believe it is. So far no answer has proven ... no answer specifically addressing this root problem has even really been given.

Instead its "mark my words" or misunderstanding or arguing about the specific semantics of some example being given to try to help you guys to undersand the root. The example does not matter it is speculation but the problem here is not imaginary nor harmless the blockchain serves as proof.

i cant explain this any simpler... i could have written a book by now with all the posts about 1 simple thing. before any response is given RE-read the posts ... the answer to whatever point you may bring up trying to dissuade us from trying to brainstorm a solution is most likely there. Seriously. That is why we are so frustrated we keep having to explain the same thing over and over again and then after that another point is made that has already been answered without a valid or any counter argument.

Responding immediately as before ... confirms these words have fallen on deaf ears.

You're throwing a tantrum because I/we ignore your requests or something yet you seem to have completely ignored what I said:

a) this problem is a problem only while the network hashrate is low and will solve itself if the coin gathers more miners
b) we are looking for a way to solve it (YES ON IRC, THAT'S WHERE THE DEVS MEET, IN SECRET AND PLOT HOW TO RULE THE WORLD WITH MYR), but we have to find a way to solve it now on low diff and not create other unforseen problems in the future on high diff.

comprende ?
COMPRENDE ?
C O M P R E N D E ?

nope
ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:28:51 PM

3 lines to sum up below

====================
=======================

Seriously? we've discussed this a dozen times. there are no issues here besides the diff falling low enough for a multipool to hit it. That is it. We have one of the best diff adjustment algorithm's to date.

The only issue with the diff algo is that it favours a lower diff to get more blocks mined rather than a higher diff resulting in the network being stuck at a high diff.

Wiseman

Activity: 39

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:31:55 PM

You're throwing a tantrum because I/we ignore your requests or something yet you seem to have completely ignored what I said:

a) this problem is a problem only while the network hashrate is low and will solve itself if the coin gathers more miners
b) we are looking for a way to solve it (YES ON IRC, THAT'S WHERE THE DEVS MEET, IN SECRET AND PLOT HOW TO RULE THE WORLD WITH MYR), but we have to find a way to solve it now on low diff and not create other unforseen problems in the future on high diff.

comprende ?
COMPRENDE ?
C O M P R E N D E ?

Why don't you  like the idea with reward limit for finders of fast-generated blocks, and sending the rest of coins to some community-chosen address?

And why are you  ignoring such posts? This does not increase the trust of readers to the coin.

Actually we, the community, don't ask too much. We just want to know, when some improvements, which will increase capitalization will be made/released by devs? No matter what (MAMMP or something else). When? Just let us know. This is of interest not only of us, it is firstly of your interest, becuse you can become millionaires instead of being satisfied with 100-200 BTC which you receive now if you sell your MYR.

When we will see some major upgrades or innovations? Can you show us your work plan, or the roadmap? Or everything is done somehow not according to the plan?
foodies123

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:41:08 PM

comprende ?
COMPRENDE ?
C O M P R E N D E ?

Why don't you  like the idea with reward limit for finders of fast-generated blocks, and sending the rest of coins to some community-chosen address?

And why are you  ignoring such posts? This does not increase the trust of readers to the coin.

Actually we, the community, don't ask too much. We just want to know, when some improvements, which will increase capitalization will be made/released by devs? No matter what (MAMMP or something else). When? Just let us know. This is of interest not only of us, it is firstly of your interest, becuse you can become millionaires instead of being satisfied with 100-200 BTC which you receive now if you sell your MYR.

When we will see some major upgrades or innovations? Can you show us your work plan, or the roadmap? Or everything is done somehow not according to the plan?

Not feasible because that address is going to be controled by someone and doubt shall be cast on it. At most we can destroy the coins by lowering coinbase to 1 during fast block times but I don't know how well that can be implemented tho.

nope
ahmed_bodi

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:42:23 PM

the release dates for MAMMP will never be announced in advance. i wouldnt allow it for 1 reason. Hyping. what if the project isnt completed for some unforseen circumstances? id be accused of pumping MYR

Ahmed

Wiseman

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:57:59 PM

the release dates for MAMMP will never be announced in advance. i wouldnt allow it for 1 reason. Hyping. what if the project isnt completed for some unforseen circumstances? id be accused of pumping MYR

Ahmed

Ahmed,  I don't need exact date, it is obvious that some bug can happen. But I rather would like to see the roadmap: "this feauture we will do in june, this and this - in july" etc., so we can be sure, that the work is going on and there is nothing to worry about. This will be very useful information for new followers of MYR too. Is it possible? Or MAMMP or something else is so huge and hard-to-develop technology so you are not sure if it will be ready in summer 2014 or  even in 2015??

Just understand, we appreciate your work very much. But we can not be blind believers, and even if we are, such believe will not help us to involve new members into our community. But some concrete information about status of current developments will help.
ahmed_bodi

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 09:01:43 PM

Ahmed

Ahmed,  I don't need exact date, it is obvious that some bug can happen. But I rather would like to see the roadmap: "this feauture we will do in june, this and this - in july" etc., so we can be sure, that the work is going on and there is nothing to worry about. This will be very useful information for new followers of MYR too. Is it possible? Or MAMMP or something else is so huge and hard-to-develop technology so you are not sure if it will be ready in summer 2014 or  even in 2015??

Just understand, we appreciate your work very much. But we can not be blind believers, and even if we are, such believe will not help us to involve new members into our community. But some concrete information about status of current developments will help.

Okay what i can reveal is i am actively working on it (6+ hours per day, 7 days per week) so far i believe its around 70% ready for a private beta

foodies123

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 09:09:27 PM

Ahmed

Just understand, we appreciate your work very much. But we can not be blind believers, and such believe will not help us to involve new members into our community. But some concrete information about status of current developments will help.

31 May - Coinpayments
Early june - Moolah V2 integration
Late june - A new merchant platform is going to launch MYR on it.
Unknown ETA - Colored coin creation platform for assets and niche coins to be launched with ease on our chain
Unknown ETA - Integration with 37coins.com (currently in discussions with main dev)
Unknown ETA - MYR atm (announced by 3rd party, trustable)
Unknown ETA - After the nameless merchant platform is launched they will provide me with a windows api which I will proceed to spread on a network of multiple thousands ATM's allover Romania
Unknown ETA - Liberdade (announced by a 3rd party)
Unknown ETA - Merging the p2p currency concept with another p2p concept (shall remain unnamed) used globally, thus opening a global reach for MYR
Unknown ETA - MAMMMAEP
Unknown ETA - http://www.reddit.com/r/myriadcoin/comments/26t4yu/your_homework_for_this_week/
Unknown ETA - http://www.reddit.com/r/myriadcoin/comments/26re6w/new_project_for_a_bored_coder_noobminer_for_mac/ (not exactly that but a derivate - an AIO package wallet+gpu miner+p2pool node bundle adding a function in the wallet making it able to deploy and control the other two)

And I'm probably forgetting some, you see the beauty of it is our dev team also acts like a cryptocurrency in itself meaning all projects are decentralized and everyone is doing their own thing just coming together on the same chain and we're not stopping here because for every door we open with a project two more doors ripe for opening appear on the horizon.

nope
primer-
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 09:35:32 PM

WHERE IS THE DEV ?
Wiseman

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 09:38:31 PM

Not feasible because that address is going to be controled by someone and doubt shall be cast on it. At most we can destroy the coins by lowering coinbase to 1 during fast block times but I don't know how well that can be implemented tho.

But why there are no doubts about current bounty wallets? Because they are known by community and controlled by devs, in who we trust, and all transactions can be clearly tracked and listed here.  Why can't we send this additional coins to bounty-wallets for future developments and upgrades?
Knowing the basic principles of cryptocurrency, I do not see any big difficulties of implementing this (IMO, it requires a lot of time consuming work on debugging and testing, but algorithm is quite clear).
Anyway, I do not know how the particular implementation of MYR is working,  so, I propose the devs to think about this variant of solving multipool problem once and for all. It will be another advantage and innovation of MYR.

31 May - Coinpayments
Early june - Moolah V2 integration
Late june - A new merchant platform is going to launch MYR on it.
Unknown ETA - Colored coin creation platform for assets and niche coins to be launched with ease on our chain
Unknown ETA - Integration with 37coins.com (currently in discussions with main dev)
Unknown ETA - MYR atm (announced by 3rd party, trustable)
Unknown ETA - After the nameless merchant platform is launched they will provide me with a windows api which I will proceed to spread on a network of multiple thousands ATM's allover Romania
Unknown ETA - Liberdade (announced by a 3rd party)
Unknown ETA - Merging the p2p currency concept with another p2p concept (shall remain unnamed) used globally, thus opening a global reach for MYR
Unknown ETA - MAMMMAEP
Unknown ETA - http://www.reddit.com/r/myriadcoin/comments/26t4yu/your_homework_for_this_week/
Unknown ETA - http://www.reddit.com/r/myriadcoin/comments/26re6w/new_project_for_a_bored_coder_noobminer_for_mac/ (not exactly that but a derivate - an AIO package wallet+gpu miner+p2pool node bundle adding a function in the wallet making it able to deploy and control the other two)

And I'm probably forgetting some, you see the beauty of it is our dev team also acts like a cryptocurrency in itself meaning all projects are decentralized and everyone is doing their own thing just coming together on the same chain and we're not stopping here because for every door we open with a project two more doors ripe for opening appear on the horizon.

Thank you, it is exactly what i wanted to see, although a lot of "unknown ETA" is quite confusing. May be we should make some table, in which our plans are listed and any newcomer can look at this table and say: "Hm, they planned this to be done in april and they did it, this feature have been implemented in may as it was planned, and they have such great plans for future.. So they are really serious guys, I have to try this coin!"

Wiseman

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 09:45:30 PM

Also I propose to make some "wish-list", in which community members can offer their ideas for improvement, and that would not be lost on the 200 pages on the forum. For example I think that we certainly have to make our analogue of DarkSend function to make it possible for really anonymous payments,which was the original purpose of cryptocurrencies.
Pages: « 1 ... 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 [235] 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 ... 413 »
  Print  

Jump to: