Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 07:48:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 [239] 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 ... 413 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XMY] Myriad | Multi-Algo, Fair, Secure  (Read 849683 times)
Phorna

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 12:01:07 AM

Done!
kbs1

Activity: 107
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 03:11:21 AM

Voted, now almost first position!

https://xdag.org - reliable World-Wide XDAG mining pool with automatic failover and extra mining rewards!
neuroMode

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 03:20:32 AM

Vote vote vote!

Myriadcoin - the first multi-PoW blockchain! (Mine with SHA256 [ASICs], Scrypt [GPU/ASICs], Skein [GPUs], Groestl [GPUs], OR Qubit [CPUs/GPUs]).
Myriad Website // Myriad on Reddit || Myriad Android Wallet || Myriad Electrum Wallet || Multi-vPoW and Block "Tips" - Solution to Parasitic Merged Mining
iamphoenix

Activity: 244

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 05:46:35 AM

Very win

Get Daily Free SIGNs before too late. T6ZzzGAkxmSQDmeNUZPBf3pbD2ogiC2DDf

Myriadplatform.org
radi324

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Muniti creator

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 08:50:24 AM

I apologise if this question has been asked before, but here it is: can someone please explain to me the use of a multi-algo coin when there are multipools out there which can mine in practically whichever algo you want and have the payout in the coin of your choice? Thanks

[MUN] Muniti - Malta's National Cryptocurrency - http://www.muniticoin.com/

Bitcointalk thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=545886.0
kaja

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 01:26:42 PM

I apologise if this question has been asked before, but here it is: can someone please explain to me the use of a multi-algo coin when there are multipools out there which can mine in practically whichever algo you want and have the payout in the coin of your choice? Thanks

The point of the multi-algo is to decentralise the mining. Presently, profitable Bitcoin and Litecoin hardware is manufactured by a select few companies with shady histories, there is an enormous imbalance as the majority of mining enthusiasts can no longer afford to get in the game. Not only is this unfair to the rest of us, it's bad for the health of the coin. The whole point of Bitcoin was to pursue the ideals of decentralisation: let's get rid of the banks, and we can all collectively be the bank. Take away the power from the few greedy cunts and distribute it fairly to us all. Decentralisation is strength and security. Decentralisation means no one person or group can decide on tx fees, inflation, or who can pay who what. There have been multiple recent incidents of a mining pool nearing or even reaching 51% of the hash power of both BTC and LTC.

Multi-algos means no pool can get close to 51%. They would need to have a total monopoly over one algo to even get 20%. Not only that, but Myriad already has a bigger ASIC market than either LTC or BTC, and is still profitable for GPUs. This very diverse market is only going to drive up the competition for hardware makers and that can only mean cheap, low barrier to entry mining for all of us. I would much prefer people all over the world in poor areas running their little $20 ASICs for $2 a week to help them put food on the table, than to see the old world banks monopolising the mining industry.
Rainer4256

For the benefit of medical research

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 01:51:34 PM

The point of the multi-algo is to decentralise the mining. Presently, profitable Bitcoin and Litecoin hardware is manufactured by a select few companies with shady histories, there is an enormous imbalance as the majority of mining enthusiasts can no longer afford to get in the game. Not only is this unfair to the rest of us, it's bad for the health of the coin. The whole point of Bitcoin was to pursue the ideals of decentralisation: let's get rid of the banks, and we can all collectively be the bank. Take away the power from the few greedy cunts and distribute it fairly to us all. Decentralisation is strength and security. Decentralisation means no one person or group can decide on tx fees, inflation, or who can pay who what. There have been multiple recent incidents of a mining pool nearing or even reaching 51% of the hash power of both BTC and LTC.

Multi-algos means no pool can get close to 51%. They would need to have a total monopoly over one algo to even get 20%. Not only that, but Myriad already has a bigger ASIC market than either LTC or BTC, and is still profitable for GPUs. This very diverse market is only going to drive up the competition for hardware makers and that can only mean cheap, low barrier to entry mining for all of us. I would much prefer people all over the world in poor areas running their little $20 ASICs for $2 a week to help them put food on the table, than to see the old world banks monopolising the mining industry.
Very good explanation which mirrors either the basic idea of cryptocurrencies as well as the problems we are facing today. Myriad could be a step out of this dilemma.

ReserveShare - 100% Free and Fair. New source code. Proof Of Reserve
CureCoin: B78ozT6ChVMxiB5dMaY9d5rdzZ5GZvn9hT -- A giant leap for mankind! -- Start folding proteins now.
BitcoinDark: RF4asDkANqyb65yHaoEX8X896ek8eKrLhL -- Unprecedented! Check it out.
xfelinho

Activity: 68

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 02:47:51 PM

What does 8Bitcoder say to the solution from iamphoenix? He's the developer of this coin....
instantskeleton

Activity: 104

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 04:01:18 PM

MY friends at earthazaar.com, an eCommerce site which began only accepting Earthcoin is opening the floor to new altcoins, Specifically MYR, If we can get some community action, we will be added as a payment option. please follow my link to reddit for more information. http://www.reddit.com/r/myriadcoin/comments/270evp/earthazaar_now_accepts_several_digital_currencies/
HashEngineering

Activity: 350

Independent Cryptoveloper

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 04:07:05 PM

Tried it on Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570. I know, It's an old lowend phone with Android 2.3, but still it has everything that makes the application to work.
So it works, but there is one thing, that could be changed: application cannot be moved to SD storage, and 13MB of space on lowend devices like that is huge amount of internal memory. If there would be possibility to move application to SD storage - it would be great! Smiley

I will need to look into what allows an app to be moved to the external storage.  I thought that was something that the android system would handle, but it may be dependent on a setting or specific configuration of the app.

GRS:  FrFpTbfEAni5Ruf8mNdwVQazJVJaQyEM2Y
BTC:  128Ptecsv4j6NoxdBxdvGzBtipfaAarZMJ
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=336215 - Android Wallet Creation Service
radi324

Muniti creator

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 04:20:26 PM

Tried it on Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570. I know, It's an old lowend phone with Android 2.3, but still it has everything that makes the application to work.
So it works, but there is one thing, that could be changed: application cannot be moved to SD storage, and 13MB of space on lowend devices like that is huge amount of internal memory. If there would be possibility to move application to SD storage - it would be great! Smiley

I will need to look into what allows an app to be moved to the external storage.  I thought that was something that the android system would handle, but it may be dependent on a setting or specific configuration of the app.

Apps can only be moved to external storage on rooted devices or on some select devices with Android 4.4 or later

[MUN] Muniti - Malta's National Cryptocurrency - http://www.muniticoin.com/

Bitcointalk thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=545886.0
Wiseman

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 05:02:44 PM

What does 8Bitcoder say to the solution from iamphoenix? He's the developer of this coin....

Actually this is idea of SlientBit and me.

IDEA:

Would it be possible to implement a time constrained reward system, where the amount of coin generated by the block depends on how much time it took from the the 1st confirmation of the previous block and it's own 1st check?
This way, no matter how many blocks were mined, the reward would be the same on a time basis. Multipools woudn't be a problem, because if they find 10 blocks in one minute they will get the same reward from those 10 blocks as the small pool that only found 1 block in the same amount of time.
In fact, this would probably remove the multipools altogether (coin not profitable when compared to others, never gets selected) or keep them on the coin forever (coin is very stable because price/availability is a function of time spent finding blocks and not hashrates used)

Is this feasible?

I have recently came up with the same idea, but before implementing it worth to think about some moments:
1)In normal mining (without multipools) it is convinient, and statistically legitimately when two or even three blocks are found faster than 2:30, and then difficulty adjusts and block finding requires more time, than 2:30. So, such reward-limit system must start only after 3-4 simultaneously found blocks, in order not to  affect regular mining process. And it will make some problems for current alghoritms which calculate profitability (but it is a headache of multi-pool developers Smiley).

2)Ok, let such reward-limit system is ready and limits the reward for fast-generating blocks. So, multipool comes into net, grabs 5-6 blocks and then leaves. The difficulty is high, and regular miners have to wait a lot of time for next few blocks. What's next? We have two options:
         a) In case the reward for this blocks is depending on time of their generation and can be higher than 1000 MYR, at some point it may be profitable for multipool to come again and take this blocks. It's is bad, because miners will not receive anything at all. However, in this case, the number of daily generated coins is strictly as in coin specification and inflation is under control.
         b) The reward for long-generating blocks doesn't depend on time of their generation and it is strictly 1000 MYR. In this case situation for regular miners will be the same as now (they receive the same small amount of MYR), but multi-pools will receive almost nothing. In this case, the number of daily generated coins will be less then in coin specification.

3)How to calculate the time between blocks correctly (I don't know technical details)? Which time is used, when block is solved? UTC from server or local machine time? Is it possible to make some fraud changing time on local machine or even server if block reward depends on it? We have to think about it

4)As I know, when hash for block is being solved, it includes the hashes of all transactions of this block, but in case  of time-dependent reward during solving this transaction will change permanently in time. How it would affect the statistics of coin generation (now we have two variables: nonce and reward-transaction hash)?

5)Multi-pools are the part of cryptocoin world, so if we are "a coin for everyone" we have to find the ways in which multipools will have the same rights as asic-users and regular miners. Or in some time we will see the birth of another coin "for everyone" which solved this problem and our coin will not be the leader.

So, in conclusion I see this idea for reward-limiting system for fast-found blocks is very prospective, but we have a lot to discuss.

UPD. I have a workaround  proposal. What if we don't change the total  reward for fast-generating blocks (leave it 1000), but part of it will be put on public account to pay bounties? For example if 10 blocks instead of 1 block were generated simultaneously by multi-pool in 2:30 , multi-pool receives totally only 1000 MYR and other 9000 MYR (proportions might be changed) goes to bounty-account ?  It will solve a set of our problems.

But anyway we are interested in answer for this question. Now we have only a small answer of foodies123 and we are waiting for answer from devs.

Why don't you  like the idea with reward limit for finders of fast-generated blocks, and sending the rest of coins to some community-chosen address?
Not feasible because that address is going to be controled by someone and doubt shall be cast on it. At most we can destroy the coins by lowering coinbase to 1 during fast block times but I don't know how well that can be implemented tho.

CarlesPuyol
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 07:23:07 PM

any news about the coin ?
I think the coin bottomed enough, and from here the pumpers only asking a reason to pump the coin.
neuroMode

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 08:04:01 PM

Actually this is idea of SlientBit and me.

IDEA:

Would it be possible to implement a time constrained reward system, where the amount of coin generated by the block depends on how much time it took from the the 1st confirmation of the previous block and it's own 1st check?
This way, no matter how many blocks were mined, the reward would be the same on a time basis. Multipools woudn't be a problem, because if they find 10 blocks in one minute they will get the same reward from those 10 blocks as the small pool that only found 1 block in the same amount of time.
In fact, this would probably remove the multipools altogether (coin not profitable when compared to others, never gets selected) or keep them on the coin forever (coin is very stable because price/availability is a function of time spent finding blocks and not hashrates used)

Is this feasible?

I have recently came up with the same idea, but before implementing it worth to think about some moments:
1)In normal mining (without multipools) it is convinient, and statistically legitimately when two or even three blocks are found faster than 2:30, and then difficulty adjusts and block finding requires more time, than 2:30. So, such reward-limit system must start only after 3-4 simultaneously found blocks, in order not to  affect regular mining process. And it will make some problems for current alghoritms which calculate profitability (but it is a headache of multi-pool developers Smiley).

2)Ok, let such reward-limit system is ready and limits the reward for fast-generating blocks. So, multipool comes into net, grabs 5-6 blocks and then leaves. The difficulty is high, and regular miners have to wait a lot of time for next few blocks. What's next? We have two options:
         a) In case the reward for this blocks is depending on time of their generation and can be higher than 1000 MYR, at some point it may be profitable for multipool to come again and take this blocks. It's is bad, because miners will not receive anything at all. However, in this case, the number of daily generated coins is strictly as in coin specification and inflation is under control.
         b) The reward for long-generating blocks doesn't depend on time of their generation and it is strictly 1000 MYR. In this case situation for regular miners will be the same as now (they receive the same small amount of MYR), but multi-pools will receive almost nothing. In this case, the number of daily generated coins will be less then in coin specification.

3)How to calculate the time between blocks correctly (I don't know technical details)? Which time is used, when block is solved? UTC from server or local machine time? Is it possible to make some fraud changing time on local machine or even server if block reward depends on it? We have to think about it

4)As I know, when hash for block is being solved, it includes the hashes of all transactions of this block, but in case  of time-dependent reward during solving this transaction will change permanently in time. How it would affect the statistics of coin generation (now we have two variables: nonce and reward-transaction hash)?

5)Multi-pools are the part of cryptocoin world, so if we are "a coin for everyone" we have to find the ways in which multipools will have the same rights as asic-users and regular miners. Or in some time we will see the birth of another coin "for everyone" which solved this problem and our coin will not be the leader.

So, in conclusion I see this idea for reward-limiting system for fast-found blocks is very prospective, but we have a lot to discuss.

UPD. I have a workaround  proposal. What if we don't change the total  reward for fast-generating blocks (leave it 1000), but part of it will be put on public account to pay bounties? For example if 10 blocks instead of 1 block were generated simultaneously by multi-pool in 2:30 , multi-pool receives totally only 1000 MYR and other 9000 MYR (proportions might be changed) goes to bounty-account ?  It will solve a set of our problems.

But anyway we are interested in answer for this question. Now we have only a small answer of foodies123 and we are waiting for answer from devs.

Why don't you  like the idea with reward limit for finders of fast-generated blocks, and sending the rest of coins to some community-chosen address?
Not feasible because that address is going to be controled by someone and doubt shall be cast on it. At most we can destroy the coins by lowering coinbase to 1 during fast block times but I don't know how well that can be implemented tho.

I believe the dev is on a business trip in a different country if I'm not mistaken? Give him some time to respond

Myriadcoin - the first multi-PoW blockchain! (Mine with SHA256 [ASICs], Scrypt [GPU/ASICs], Skein [GPUs], Groestl [GPUs], OR Qubit [CPUs/GPUs]).
Myriad Website // Myriad on Reddit || Myriad Android Wallet || Myriad Electrum Wallet || Multi-vPoW and Block "Tips" - Solution to Parasitic Merged Mining
foodies123

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 09:12:08 PM

8bit is currently traveling to the us and meeting with some other devs and most likely the blocktech team later next week.

nope
neuroMode

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 05:53:07 AM

New Bounty

Myriad Geocaching App
Bounty Address: MFe7XFxwTQ5b3hNovQaasWrf1rBYxLMwYQ

The app should be a dual website-Android app just like Coinding.com but with our own branding of course!
We want to create use cases and adoption of Myriad. Plenty of people would love to do some real-life treasure hunting with Myriad!

Donate if you wish to see someone make this.

primer-
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 11:36:05 AM

Cheap MYR for grabs, not even i can resist such low price Smiley If trolls can support with 1btc worth so should MYR fanatics. Lets do 50btc volume today.

foodies123

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 04:03:17 PM

Cheap MYR for grabs, not even i can resist such low price Smiley If trolls can support with 1btc worth so should MYR fanatics. Lets do 50btc volume today.

Lol, I love you Smiley)

nope
neuroMode

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 05:59:35 PM

If you purchase anything through Coinpayments.net, please post the items and website in this thread so the community can see what they can do with their MYR!

http://www.reddit.com/r/myriadcoin/comments/27398s/have_you_used_coinpaymentsnet_to_purchase/

cryptapus

Activity: 626
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 06:40:46 PM

Myriad Dice, Coinbomb and Transparent Ponzi Games!

Play and help support Myriad development.

Webpage has been altered with QR codes to make playing via the Android app easy:

http://cryptap.us/myr/dice

From this week's donated dice, coinbomb, and Ponzi game proceeds:

211.54691109 MYR donated to the Dev account ( MWShVDmRxWagXcrKHbBSDb2q7EsXxjApA4 ) , txid: 3e349a031b3886aec98a6aa2119ac72755142cac839a088c3d96786ee1b2993f

Keep playing, remember that 90% of proceeds go to MYR development. Play for a good cause!

website | PGP fingerprint: 692C 0756 E57D 2FA1 7601 3729 010B 717F 231C E7AA | BTC Address: 1CrYPTB1o7QWc8hXqBMP2LtAJh1VMtTFBh
Pages: « 1 ... 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 [239] 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 ... 413 »
  Print  

Jump to: