Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:55:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 [257] 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 ... 413 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XMY] Myriad | Multi-Algo, Fair, Secure  (Read 849668 times)
pabloangello
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 07:54:07 PM

It is a buy time Smiley

vetalysd

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 07:58:02 PM

VOTE FOR MYRIAD
please donate for dev.
BTC: 13MVMftimCmpQEsryo47pTs97ubmwkT31Y
LTC: Lh9ChfS1X3YWXmapr66nQjj3qZmys3qkNw
DOGE: DJMxzVrURhmsWFZHCjK5kDVHEqP5FcfGvy
Core32

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:22:31 AM

I'm having no luck setting up a solo mine for Myriad and SHA256D.
I've followed the directions found in this thread but only get a DEAD status from cgminer on my Jupiter.
Any tips for getting this to run?
I have about 3.3TH I would like to play around with to get the feel of setting up a solo mine.
Thanks for any help.
foodies123

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:26:33 AM

I've followed the directions found in this thread but only get a DEAD status from cgminer on my Jupiter.
I have about 3.3TH I would like to play around with to get the feel of setting up a solo mine.
Thanks for any help.

you should post on reddit for tech help, I don't mine sha so I can't help you directly.

http://www.reddit.com/r/myriadcoin/

If you don't have an account and don't feel like making one I'll post for you.

nope
primer-
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:30:46 AM

Is the dev 8bitcoder still active in development ? If so what is he working on?Huh??
foodies123

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:38:02 AM

Is the dev 8bitcoder still active in development ? If so what is he working on?Huh??

nah, he dead.

nope
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1107

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:38:27 AM

Thanks for any help.

It should be pretty straightforward to solo mine from the same comp where you're running the wallet, or even on the same network. It's basically the same as bitcoin solo mining (plenty of tutorials available), except you need to add the algorithm line in your conf file (see first page of ANN). If you can't get it working post your conf file and I'm sure somebody will help you out.
killermonkeys

Activity: 25

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:52:37 AM

I know multipools have been present on the scrypt algo, but there is another issue with the sha algo which I cant figure out.

For weeks now there is a 40TH/s miner on the poolerino pool, now thats way more speed than all the sha miners and all the pools as well.

What doesnt make sense is that this sucker never hits any blocks, I mean he should be hitting far more than anyone else but he never does, yet I can confirm he does get a piece of the pie when his pool hits a block.

Now I dont know if this is a multipool or an individual or some game played by the pool operators but none of this makes sense to me.

contact mike, it's most likely a fake share bug in the stratum implementation.

Im guessing thats the dude behind the pool.  Sent them an email.  Hopefully its something innocent.

naa its not possible. its been tested against that bug numerous times. that looks to me like a block witholding attack. (the same one that btcguild and eligius got hit by)

So how do you stop something like that.  Cant believe no one noticed it, especially the miners on that pool.

fake share has been a big bug for a long time as we know and never resolved by dev and pool owners, miner could earn MYR coins always less than 75% value shown on the statistic data of pools, sometimes less than 50% of the statistic data. And now multipool problem raises, seems that Scryt and SHA algo had more blocks more than others, this is unfair to MYR miners who believe Myriad [1st Multi-PoW] with high innovations, but MYR becomes an unfair coin for losing balance to five alogs. Dev could you please face those problems and fix them?

incorrect im the current dev of python stratum mining and zone117x is the dev of node stratum mining. neither stratum software is exploitable on sha256 or scrypt. theyre tried and tested algorithms. im 100% this is a block holding attack. (the litecoin network had a fake diff attack during mid 2013 where it was fixed by 1 of the ltc devs "pooler")

I've seen the same phenomena on suchpool's sha-256 pool as well.  They're running mpos like poolerino.  Hopped on irc a few weeks ago and talked to the pool op.  It turns out some dude was faking shares and not submitting blocks.  He had over 60% rejected shares IIRC.  The pool op said he was going to update their stratum and banned the user, but he got away with about 20k myr/day from the others that were mining there.  Any pool ops reading this please take a look at your pools and see if there is anything fishy going on!

Ahmed, I do understand that your stratums are quite well tested, I actually run zone117x's nomp myself for my soloing as well.  But these attacks seem to be happening on MPOS pools. 

TBH I'd prefer is this just a recurring stratum attack rather than block withholding, which could have much farther reaching implications, especially with merged mining on the horizon.
polanskiman

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 05:27:44 AM

This coin is alive and kicking? What you people think about it? Educated answers please. Not the typical pre-teen answer "yeah great coin, going to the moon". Sigh!
Thanks
yellowduck2

Activity: 868

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 06:27:50 AM

nah, he dead.

He is right. He die with the coin.
novag

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

novag

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 08:04:42 AM

Miners usually back on stability coin  Roll Eyes

Donate for the support of a new Martial arts Style - Aikivindo = Aikido + Wing-Chun (in Ukraine) 5168757318423326 PrivatBank.
http://aikivindo.com.ua
BTC:1DpRaQjdVmrkSopRV8p9RdwvBMWNA9faCS
Mikellev

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 09:04:11 AM

I know multipools have been present on the scrypt algo, but there is another issue with the sha algo which I cant figure out.

For weeks now there is a 40TH/s miner on the poolerino pool, now thats way more speed than all the sha miners and all the pools as well.

What doesnt make sense is that this sucker never hits any blocks, I mean he should be hitting far more than anyone else but he never does, yet I can confirm he does get a piece of the pie when his pool hits a block.

Now I dont know if this is a multipool or an individual or some game played by the pool operators but none of this makes sense to me.

Im guessing thats the dude behind the pool.  Sent them an email.  Hopefully its something innocent.

naa its not possible. its been tested against that bug numerous times. that looks to me like a block witholding attack. (the same one that btcguild and eligius got hit by)

So how do you stop something like that.  Cant believe no one noticed it, especially the miners on that pool.

fake share has been a big bug for a long time as we know and never resolved by dev and pool owners, miner could earn MYR coins always less than 75% value shown on the statistic data of pools, sometimes less than 50% of the statistic data. And now multipool problem raises, seems that Scryt and SHA algo had more blocks more than others, this is unfair to MYR miners who believe Myriad [1st Multi-PoW] with high innovations, but MYR becomes an unfair coin for losing balance to five alogs. Dev could you please face those problems and fix them?

incorrect im the current dev of python stratum mining and zone117x is the dev of node stratum mining. neither stratum software is exploitable on sha256 or scrypt. theyre tried and tested algorithms. im 100% this is a block holding attack. (the litecoin network had a fake diff attack during mid 2013 where it was fixed by 1 of the ltc devs "pooler")

I've seen the same phenomena on suchpool's sha-256 pool as well.  They're running mpos like poolerino.  Hopped on irc a few weeks ago and talked to the pool op.  It turns out some dude was faking shares and not submitting blocks.  He had over 60% rejected shares IIRC.  The pool op said he was going to update their stratum and banned the user, but he got away with about 20k myr/day from the others that were mining there.  Any pool ops reading this please take a look at your pools and see if there is anything fishy going on!

Ahmed, I do understand that your stratums are quite well tested, I actually run zone117x's nomp myself for my soloing as well.  But these attacks seem to be happening on MPOS pools. 

TBH I'd prefer is this just a recurring stratum attack rather than block withholding, which could have much farther reaching implications, especially with merged mining on the horizon.

Thanks to the info from you, our miners, we also blocked the user who was abusing our mpos pool like that.

We are not informed about any patch that can solve that problem, if some of you got any info that would help us a lot.

Mike
coin2.0

Activity: 622
Merit: 251

love coins

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 12:01:17 PM

really dead?
ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 12:14:30 PM

-
Suchpool owners a good friend of mine. And I've been under the Impression he runs nomp behind mpos in mpos mode

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.
foodies123

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:42:33 PM

really dead?

Lol no.

nope
flipNstack

Activity: 127

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 04:15:45 PM
Last edit: June 25, 2014, 04:37:44 PM by flipNstack

Glad to see Mike from from poolerino jump on this problem.  Crush that sucka and lets move on to brighter pastures.

Edit: So wtf was that, bock withholding or fake share in stratum?
primer-
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 05:36:25 PM

Glad to see Mike from from poolerino jump on this problem.  Crush that sucka and lets move on to brighter pastures.

Edit: So wtf was that, bock withholding or fake share in stratum?

It was not fucking block withholding man, just ignore ahmed, hes a noob.
KimmyF

Activity: 978

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 08:47:23 PM

Myriad below 200sat is something to be ashamed of, still believe the tech focus this team has will succeed in time but now i think i need to push that timeline another year in the future. Still mining issues in this topic, still an 'just born baby' after all this time but at the same time still the potential to one day rule the world. Part of me likes this this a lot but it is the experiences driven part, just history. The other halve of me just want to scream ... Get some marketing going on, what you got is so much better that 99% of the rest but nobody knows about it, just tell them! This is a 1.5K coin absolute minimum coin, despite daily production that can run a big part of the world economy one day but where is the buy support?

Just placed a large buy order (for me), will not move the current price one sat but am happy with it.
One day Myriad will have it's platform & base, next to other coins like XC. Together pushing BTC back in history, each with there own market share & target group and for now ... im happy with the cheap coins but really wish this community looked in the mirror, got together & spend some bucks on real marketing

seems_dead

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:07:08 PM

Myriad below 200sat is something to be ashamed of, still believe the tech focus this team has will succeed in time but now i think i need to push that timeline another year in the future. Still mining issues in this topic, still an 'just born baby' after all this time but at the same time still the potential to one day rule the world. Part of me likes this this a lot but it is the experiences driven part, just history. The other halve of me just want to scream ... Get some marketing going on, what you got is so much better that 99% of the rest but nobody knows about it, just tell them! This is a 1.5K coin absolute minimum coin, despite daily production that can run a big part of the world economy one day but where is the buy support?

Just placed a large buy order (for me), will not move the current price one sat but am happy with it.
One day Myriad will have it's platform & base, next to other coins like XC. Together pushing BTC back in history, each with there own market share & target group and for now ... im happy with the cheap coins but really wish this community looked in the mirror, got together & spend some bucks on real marketing

Jon is it you?

Jon Snow?

Wink
ct37

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 12:01:32 AM

Dev and rest of the guys involved are trying different approach which consists on not making any hype at all, keeping everything quiet and private because they think that will somehow work on favor to make myriad popular among people. That's irrational.
They are haters of P&D, who think that this will gonna kill the coin. They are very satisfied by current state of the project and they don't see anything wrong with volume below 10 BTC. They are focused on the future. But there will be no future if things remain the same.
My post from last week:
We need a pump, a good one. We need ATH badly. If things remain the same we're gonna see 1xx levels soon and probably two digits numbers in future.
I was writing that when price was at ~270 sat, and now we see those 1xx levels, and if nothing gonna change we will see 1-2 BTC volume and 80-90 sat price in couple weeks.

Guys I get that you are working on many things to improve this coin and push whole project further, and you do this for free. You belive in myriad from the beginning and you obviously want to succeed, but please get some marketing going on because this coin is practically dead.

Pages: « 1 ... 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 [257] 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 ... 413 »
  Print  

Jump to: