Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 01:19:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 [263] 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 ... 413 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XMY] Myriad | Multi-Algo, Fair, Secure  (Read 849665 times)
flipNstack

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 07:21:52 PM

Everything I mentioned earlier about fake share mining at sha256 myr.poolerino.com pool is still happening.  Mike the pool op banned one account but is ignoring the fact that its happening on multiple accounts, even after being notified.  To top it off, it seems that I have been banned from this pool, for warning its members about their ongoing problems.  This makes me lol, but it also shows that the pool operators are in on the scam.  The fact that the dev's barely cared about this, tried to brush it aside, then made some basic post (which no one would see other than on that day) warning miners to stay away from this pool, tells me that their in on it or too stupid to care.

From Mike
"The username is "anondings" and he is banned now from the server, blocked his account and payouts stopped.
We will monitor the server now to see if he is not coming back again, problem is: we cant ban every user with high hashrate until we see he never solved a block...."

FYI, this anondings fella, is also showing up as the biggest miner at myr.suchpool.pw,  which i think phoenix mentioned is a pool where he has noticed this issue.

Im done.... couldnt give a fuck less anymore

OK, could you explain how they are scamming anyone except people dumb enough to mine on their pool?

Pool is a scam = don't mine there

PROBLEM SOLVED

MYR Price on Mintpal doesn't look good - don't some of these miners understand that you don't sell at any price - you hold until it gets better?

Because they get it for free, so selling at any price is profit, and they know that we know, so they have no incentive to hold (unlike actual miners).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tigerwood0432

Activity: 493
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 11:07:12 PM

Its dead Sad Both the dev and the coin - D E A D.

That's why i bought 1 million MYRIADCOIN lol Smiley I'm holding for at least 1 year .

3 possibilities :

1) coin will not move = i loose nothing

2) coin will die = i will  loose 1.77 btc (i will survive lol ) = who risks nothing ......Gets nothing Wink

3) coin will go to 1 usd $ = i will make 1 million dollars (even if it goes to 0.1 usd = i will make 100 000 usd)

This coin needs some news , better marketing , some articles and blogs to promote it .

If you are MYRIADCOIN holder , try to donate to exhumed race game (www.exhumedrace.com) , donate even 0.1 $ = if the game is working >>>it will BOOST MYR to the SKY .

You can also help the community by creating webpages and blogs to introduces MYRIADCOIN , on forums ....etc

CHECK MYRIADCOIN ON DEVCOM INVESTIGATION = ITS ONE OF THE BEST COIN :

http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=a_massive_investigation_of_instamines_and_fastmines_for_the_top_alt_coins

SEE you in 1 year Smiley)) = i will be a millionaire or i will loose 1.77 btc (i think its a good bet) Smiley))

This guy gets it.

HOLD YOUR COINS >> WHAT WILL BE MYRIADCOIN PRICE IN  FEW MONTHS ?

▄███████████████████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████████████████
██username 12345█████████████████████████████
███▒▒▒▒▒▒▒███████████████████████████████████
██1234567███12345678██12345678███12345678████
████████████████████████████████████████████
████▒▒▒▒▒▒███████████████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████████████████████████▀
CryptoPay

GET IT NOW
realrover

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 03:02:57 AM

Hi there,
I've got a problem with the wallet. When I start it, it crashes with the error:

Assertion failed!
File: src\main.cpp
Line: 1971

Expression: pfork != NULL

Could anybody advise on this issue?
Thanks.
mami

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 04:03:29 AM

Everything I mentioned earlier about fake share mining at sha256 myr.poolerino.com pool is still happening. ...

FYI, this anondings fella, is also showing up as the biggest miner at myr.suchpool.pw,  which i think phoenix mentioned is a pool where he has noticed this issue.

OK, could you explain how they are scamming anyone except people dumb enough to mine on their pool?

PROBLEM SOLVED

MYR Price on Mintpal doesn't look good - don't some of these miners understand that you don't sell at any price - you hold until it gets better?

Because they get it for free, so selling at any price is profit, and they know that we know, so they have no incentive to hold (unlike actual miners).

The most they can steal is some fraction of the total hashing power on this shitpool. I STILL don't understand what kind of tard would mine on such a pool. So:

DON'T MINE ON POOLERINO - YOUR COINS ARE BEING STOLEN BY SCAMMERS EXPLOITING AN ANCIENT STRATUM BUG

Also, anyone who mines can sell when they want to. Lack of buying depth is probably the cause of the current price drop. Or someone is dumping coins to set up a pump. Or someone wants this coin gone for an unknown reason.

Regardless, current price is not that important as long as it's not zero and it's not dollar parity. MYR is built on a solid innovation, the devs seem competent+, there are goods and services for sale using the coin, and there is no HYPE.

Personally I see no reason to sell this coin in the near future!
menu74

Activity: 55

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 04:56:03 AM

Everything I mentioned earlier about fake share mining at sha256 myr.poolerino.com pool is still happening. ...

PROBLEM SOLVED

The most they can steal is some fraction of the total hashing power on this shitpool. I STILL don't understand what kind of tard would mine on such a pool. So:

DON'T MINE ON POOLERINO - YOUR COINS ARE BEING STOLEN BY SCAMMERS EXPLOITING AN ANCIENT STRATUM BUG

Also, anyone who mines can sell when they want to. Lack of buying depth is probably the cause of the current price drop. Or someone is dumping coins to set up a pump. Or someone wants this coin gone for an unknown reason.

Regardless, current price is not that important as long as it's not zero and it's not dollar parity. MYR is built on a solid innovation, the devs seem competent+, there are goods and services for sale using the coin, and there is no HYPE.

This is not the first time community members mentioned, Fake share, AN  ANCIENT STRATUM BUG for  MYR mining. Seems that all five algo pools  had this bug and miners are not sure which pools are fair to mining. Now each algo has two or three alive mining pools, one or more pools might still operate this bug, it's difficult to judge and mining in clear pools, for this reason some my friends gave up mining MYR. Devs would u plz do a favor, provide your opinions or solution on this? thx           
8bitcoder (OP)

Activity: 146

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 06:40:08 AM

PROBLEM SOLVED

This is not the first time community members mentioned, Fake share, AN  ANCIENT STRATUM BUG for  MYR mining. Seems that all five algo pools  had this bug and miners are not sure which pools are fair to mining. Now each algo has two or three alive mining pools, one or more pools might still operate this bug, it's difficult to judge and mining in clear pools, for this reason some my friends gave up mining MYR. Devs would u plz do a favor, provide your opinions or solution on this? thx           

Unfortunately there is little pool operators can do against certain attacks, e.g. block withholding attack (see http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/1338/how-is-block-solution-withholding-a-threat-to-mining-pools). The best defence against this attack is to have large enough hash rate so that the effect of such an attack is minimized. Pool operators can also monitor for users that submit a large number of shares without ever finding a block, but this could only be apparent after a long period of time. 

These attacks are not related to the Myriad daemon specifically and can be executed on any pool for any coin. There is nothing the Myriad daemon/wallet can do, it only accept good blocks and reject bad blocks, regardless of where they come from.

The best solution for this is for pool operators and miners to be vigilant. Report anything suspicious to the pool operator and choose pools from trusted operators.
pabloangello
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 08:28:26 AM

Dev tell as some news. Further development plans, current issues etc. Bring the spirit to the community.

primer-
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 08:37:00 AM

Someone else is posting under 8bitcoder account...
pabloangello
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 08:43:45 AM

WTF why?

dazz

Activity: 195

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 09:44:59 AM

PROBLEM SOLVED

Unfortunately there is little pool operators can do against certain attacks, e.g. block withholding attack (see http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/1338/how-is-block-solution-withholding-a-threat-to-mining-pools). The best defence against this attack is to have large enough hash rate so that the effect of such an attack is minimized. Pool operators can also monitor for users that submit a large number of shares without ever finding a block, but this could only be apparent after a long period of time. 

These attacks are not related to the Myriad daemon specifically and can be executed on any pool for any coin. There is nothing the Myriad daemon/wallet can do, it only accept good blocks and reject bad blocks, regardless of where they come from.

The best solution for this is for pool operators and miners to be vigilant. Report anything suspicious to the pool operator and choose pools from trusted operators.

that might explain why most pools are consistently at a 105-110% the estimated block time over the course of a month?
newuser01

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 10:29:12 AM

WTF why?

don't believe anything primer says
xfelinho

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 11:22:46 AM

http://myriad.theblockexplorer.com/help.php needs an update:

i added 3 new configs, but they are not added yet

also the PowerColor 6950 1GB should be in the 6950 section...

the writing "A Coin for Everyone" is overlapping with the hardware settings info

i hope the guy who did the site can fix that
ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 01:20:47 PM

I'm sorry but what exactly are you doing? We've told everyone what we're doing with the last 2 papers that we released. a 3 person team can only work so far....

tigerwood0432

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 01:42:06 PM
Last edit: July 04, 2014, 01:54:43 PM by tigerwood0432

I'm sorry but what exactly are you doing? We've told everyone what we're doing with the last 2 papers that we released. a 3 person team can only work so far....

Where did you release it ? when ? why you didn't twitt it ? i'm holding now 3 million myriadcoins , my friends are holding more than 20 million myriadcoins  = we didn't see any news on twitter , not any news here on bitcointalk , not any news on other forums = brother you need to communicate more . WE WANT MYRIADCOIN TO SUCCED . I saw your last twitt it says : #MYRIADCOIN  = no other infos .

You are not a team of 3 persons = WE ARE A COMMUNITY = MORE THAN 1500 FOLLOWER ON TWITTER = PEOPLE CAN HELP by creating blogs , advertise on forums .....etc = WE CAN BE A TEAM WITH 1500 MEMBERS RIGHT NOW (i personnaly created 3 blogs in french  , advertised on 10 french forums , i wrote some articles . = SO PLEASE HELP US TO HELP YOU . = YOU NEED MORE COMMUNICATION ) .

Another thing = FOR EXAMPLE : why don't you ask people to donate to exhumedrace (even if they donate 1 usd $) = if the game is up = MYRIADCOIN WILL EXPLODE . = you need more initiatives , more M A R K E T I N G . You need to ask people to vote on exchanges ........

WE WANT MYRIADCOIN TO SUCCED . ITS NOT MOVING = 4 BTC VOLUME ON MINTPAL

CryptoPay

GET IT NOW
ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 02:07:18 PM

you must not be active on reddit. everything was posted there and in the OP. we all asked for help on reddit aswell as weekly updates on reddit and discussions on IRC

tigerwood0432

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 02:16:00 PM
Last edit: July 05, 2014, 02:37:44 AM by tigerwood0432

I just backed exhumedrace game , with 50 usd $ , if people can donate 1 usd , 10 usd , 50 usd or more >> it will help myriadcoin to GROW and explode .

This is the GAME website adress :

http://www.exhumedrace.com

HERE YOU CAN DONATE :

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/778707413/exhumed-race

CLICK ON PLEDGE >>>THEN LOGIN WITH FACEBOOK  OR GIVE YOUR EMAIL ADRESS >>> CHOOSE THE AMOUNT >>> then you will be redirected to AMAZON SECURED PAYMENTS >> IF YOU DON'T HAVE AMAZON PAYMENT >> CLICK CREATE NEW >>>> PUT YOUR DEBIT/CREDIT CARD NUMBER >>> CLICK PAY >>> DONE

IF THE GAME IS UP >>>> MYRIADCOIN WILL GO TO THE SKY , 1 MILLION MYRIADCOIN = 1 MILLION DOLLAR Wink EXHUMED RACE IS THE FIRST 3D GAME TO USE CRYPTO-CURRENCY (A KIND OF SECONDLIFE IN THE SPACE ) = in the game you can earn myriadcoins as well .......etc

TRY TO DONATE AT LEAST 1 OR 5 USD $ IF YOU BELIEVE IN MYRIADCOIN

CryptoPay

GET IT NOW
8bitcoder (OP)

Activity: 146

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 02:25:20 PM

I just backed exhumedrace game , with 50 usd $ , if people can donate 1 usd , 10 usd , 50 usd or more >> it will help myriadcoin to GROW and explode .

HERE YOU CAN DONATE :

Great initiative. Updated the OP with a link to the kickstarter project for Exhumed Race.
foodies123

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 03:17:04 PM

HERE YOU CAN DONATE :

Great initiative. Updated the OP with a link to the kickstarter project for Exhumed Race.

I've already pledged .5 BTC

nope
mami

Activity: 59

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 05:51:48 PM

PROBLEM SOLVED

This is not the first time community members mentioned, Fake share, AN  ANCIENT STRATUM BUG for  MYR mining. Seems that all five algo pools  had this bug and miners are not sure which pools are fair to mining. Now each algo has two or three alive mining pools, one or more pools might still operate this bug, it's difficult to judge and mining in clear pools, for this reason some my friends gave up mining MYR. Devs would u plz do a favor, provide your opinions or solution on this? thx            

that might explain why most pools are consistently at a 105-110% the estimated block time over the course of a month?

OK I now see that this is a problem with more Stratum pools than I thought. However, from the Stack Exchange discussion:

The consensus is that such attacks are likely to remain rare and generally insignificant. The payout for the attack is simply too small and it's not an effective way to bankrupt a pool or get miners to desert a pool unless it's a particularly small pool, in which case there's generally no point.

Could anyone volunteer to write code to test a pool's stratum implementation remotely?

Can people go back to solo mining or setup private pools with trusted users?

Finally, dev has responded on this issue, can we all please stop screaming about falling prices being caused by this?
dazz

Activity: 195

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 06:45:03 PM

Could anyone volunteer to write code to test a pool's stratum implementation remotely?

It's a client mod if I got it right. If the client detects a solved block, there's not much one can do in the stratum side to force the client to submit it
Pages: « 1 ... 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 [263] 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 ... 413 »
  Print  

Jump to: