Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 11:39:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 [267] 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 ... 413 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XMY] Myriad | Multi-Algo, Fair, Secure  (Read 849668 times)
smokefirexx

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 11:33:25 AM

Mister 8bitcoder, would you be so kind to respond to the community?

8bitcoder is gone and someone is using his account to post messages and change the OP from time to time..

Satoshi is long gone and hasn't posted in over 2 years. Bitcoin = dead coin.
primer-
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 11:37:42 AM

8bitcoder is gone and someone is using his account to post messages and change the OP from time to time..

Satoshi left after years of development, bitcoin community when he left had hundreds of developers. What we got here are clowns. NeuroMode is a noob. Foodies is a noob. Ahmed is very likely a scammer. They cant read nor write code.
novag

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

novag

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 11:39:52 AM

FROM  http://www.reddit.com

Foodies sunday rant thread, get your rants here. (self.myriadcoin)

submitted 9 hours ago * by bordbfoodies[M]

I had a semi-long rant about the current myr situation and stuff generally grinds my gears to the core but I feel it wouldn't help anyone so I'll just tl;dr it.

*WARNING PROFANE LANGUAGE!

**No proofreading has been done, please excuse my spelling.

TL;DR

1. Price is low, I don't give a fuck, price is not an indicator of potential.

2. Projects are moving slow/stagnating ... I tried to ask for community help, I outsourced 3 projects to the volunteers, none of them came back with the slightest update after 2 weeks ... nice.

3.   Morale is low. How the fuck else could it be when we're sitting on gold but because it's not "daytrader friendly" everybody ignores it. Who the fuck cares about chain security, fair distribution, honest devs, innovation? NO FUCKING BODY!

4.    We're doing a promo. Woop-dee-doo, I strongly feel that having to do a promo for an innovative service meant to benefit the world and most likely make early adopters very rich is not needed, the tech should talk for itself, it's 2014 for fuck's sake not 2009, there are plenty of people who understand what crypto currency is but they all flock around pump&dumps and coins made because "it's a cool way to make money bruhhh" (YEAH I'M LOOKING AT YOU VRC, EVERYTHING YOU RELEASED THUS FAR IS A DISASTER WAITING TO HAPPEN AND WILL SET BACK CRYPTO BADLY WHEN IT DOES).

5. 99% of crypto connaisseurs ignore myriad but talk about pos coins and other avortions and I presume it's because they genuinely see myriad as a threat to bitcoin or at least a good enough reason to fork bitcoin because if our concept goes mainstream and people realize that multi-pow is indeed better than single-pow in quite a few ways they have two options: ignore that and be seen as conservative asshats (... bankers) or fork to it and admin that bitcoin was technically inferior to myriad. Either way it doesn't end good for them.

6.  Daytraders ... fuck daytraders, they cling to just about any coin with something new until they sell and proceed to the next coin and as if pretending to be a true supporter of an innovative concept for personal gain wasn't bad enough, they start bashing the coin in hopes that their new "investment" rises above it making them more money. Fucking pubescent teens pretending to be daytraders, feeling cool as fuck making .1 - 1 BTC per day by technically scamming other people into buying their bags.

7.  Promoting to non crypto savvy audiences. Wat ? WAT ? Have you built enough infrastructure and promoted your coin to it's niche audience (crypto people) ? ... Nope, but let's put it on TV, on some guy's butt, I'm sure Sally McMom will sprint to her computer and google the fuck out of Satoshi's whitepaper. No offence to the MMA fighter, it was just an example, I understand he likes Myriad too but damn ... doesn't it register with anyone how stupid it is to promote a rocket to soccer moms before promoting it to NASA and such ? Before building variants of it that can actually be used by said soccer moms ? Before building the infrastructure needed to use it ? ... I think it registers, but hey ... let's pump the shit out of it anyway. At least what doge did was fun as fuck.

8. Hyperactive devs. What the shit is that about ? Nigga if you on twitter 24/7 you ain't deving shit. You're just a fucker making money of some poor guy's work. (Yeah pnosker you. I'm pretty sure you can't jump start a computer if you're missing the power button). The more a dev hypes his/their releases the shittier they are and the shadier the devs are. Nigga if you releasing some breakthrough shit people will hype it anyway.

5 ADD(ADHD) sufferers. I'm sorry for you guys, it's a condition I know but please stay away from Myriad.

1. Parasites. People who see a rising coin and immediately latch on to it pretending they "get it" and will do great things for it when they're really just hitching a ride and feeding off of it. Not giving out any names, YET.

2. People who don't respond/can't say no. If I contact you with a partnership proposal and you don't respond you're an asshole. If I contact you with a partnership proposal and respond and lead me on into thinking it's going to get done and then stop responding you're a bigger asshole. ASSHOLE!

3. Me. I swear too much and take myself too seriously.

4. Exchanges/media channels who ignore myriad because we lack bribing power or are too bitcoin biased to even consider what they see as a contender to the throne. HEY FUCKERS I WOULDN'T GIVE YOU A PENNY IF I WAS BILL FUCKING GATES YOU WERE DYING A HORRIBLE DEATH AND THAT PENNY WOULD SAVE YOUR LIFE. HEY YOU OTHER FUCKERS (THE BIASED ONES) WE DON'T WANNA STEAL BITCOIN'S SPOTLIGHT EVEN IF MYRIAD IS SUPERIOR, WE WANNA CREATE WHAT SATOSHI WANTED TO CREATE BUT YOU GREEDY FUCKERS TURNED INTO A TRADING ASSET/COMMODITY.

5. People who can't math. YAYY MYRIAD IS A FAIR DISTRIBUTION COIN LET'S PUMP/NOOO MYRIAD HAS A HIGH INFLATION LET'S DUMP. Really ? So if MYR had 2 M instead of 2 B coins and people who have let's say 10 M myr would have had 10 K myr and the production rate was 3K MYR per day as opposed to 3M MYR that would have changed anything ? THOSE FUCKING ZEROS ARE JUST FOR SHOW, THEY HAVE NO VALUE IN TERMS OF TOTAL MARKET CAP. IF MYR IS VALUED AT 10 M US$ TOTAL YOUR SHARE IS STILL WORTH THE SAME WHETHER IT'S 2M MYR OR 2K MYR FROM THE START.

6. TL;DRs that are longer than the bitcoin whitepaper.

7. LISTS/FORMATTING

8. SARCASM

9. PEOPLE

10. COUNTING

11.  USELESS LINES AT THE END OF A LIST.

Donate for the support of a new Martial arts Style - Aikivindo = Aikido + Wing-Chun (in Ukraine) 5168757318423326 PrivatBank.
http://aikivindo.com.ua
BTC:1DpRaQjdVmrkSopRV8p9RdwvBMWNA9faCS
iamphoenix

Activity: 244
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 11:46:58 AM

Satoshi left after years of development, bitcoin community when he left had hundreds of developers. What we got here are clowns. NeuroMode is a noob. Foodies is a noob. Ahmed is very likely a scammer. They cant read nor write code.

Primer. I wish cancer upon you.

Get Daily Free SIGNs before too late. T6ZzzGAkxmSQDmeNUZPBf3pbD2ogiC2DDf

Myriadplatform.org
primer-
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 11:48:21 AM

I wish the same to you and your entire family.
novag

novag

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 11:56:22 AM

I believe that to raise the price and volume of the market for this coin does not need to do much, just enough to go in the trend (learn chips in other popular coins, such as the stability of Asik, new algorithms, and others), but the developers either can not or do not want to hear the public's voice and mind. For me, it is not clear.

Donate for the support of a new Martial arts Style - Aikivindo = Aikido + Wing-Chun (in Ukraine) 5168757318423326 PrivatBank.
iamphoenix

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 12:00:50 PM

I believe that to raise the price and volume of the market for this coin does not need to do much, just enough to go in the trend (learn chips in other popular coins, such as the stability of Asik, new algorithms, and others), but the developers either can not or do not want to hear the public's voice and mind. For me, it is not clear.

you have been heard, i have been heard. please be more specific so anyone can respond actually knowing what you are talking about. Even I said no to the x11 algo because another xcoin with more algos was def in the mix. what have we seen since then? x13, x15.

please continue

Myriadplatform.org
iamphoenix

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 12:12:03 PM

good now go troll another place you have been here since the birth of christ. whatever medications you are on they are not helping. Tell your doctor that you sit in front of your computer all day and say nonsense. Or if you have autism or auspergers i sincerely feel sorry for you but seriously i just took a look into your chat history and its just thousands of posts all basically the same trolling. Something is not right in your head

Myriadplatform.org
primer-
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 12:15:52 PM

good now go troll another place you have been here since the birth of christ. whatever medications you are on they are not helping. Tell your doctor that you sit in front of your computer all day and say nonsense. Or if you have autism or auspergers i sincerely feel sorry for you but seriously i just took a look into your chat history and its just thousands of posts all basically the same trolling. Something is not right in your head

You are the one in need of medical (psychiatric) attention. Wishing cancer upon someone is beyond any medically curable disease.
killermonkeys

Activity: 25

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 12:29:32 PM

You are the one in need of medical (psychiatric) attention. Wishing cancer upon someone is beyond any medically curable disease.

Keep shit on topic assholes.  This is a thread about myriad, not about fud, or personal attacks.

The fud is getting out of hand, to the point where one of the lead volunteers is spreading it himself to try and dispel it.  What's the fucking point?  If you don't like the coin, move to other coins.  If you like the coin, spreading fud at this point isn't going to help you leverage a position.  Contribute the conversation with something constructive, that we can discuss, debate, and fucking work with.

Notice how the difficulties haven't budged? Anyone who really believes in this coin doesn't give a shit about the fud, and at this point not the price either.  Stop wasting time and energy.
8bitcoder (OP)

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 12:34:52 PM

To give my opinion on some of the issues being discussed here in the thread:

1. The long term success of any coin is mostly due to the size and passion of its user base and the infrastructure surrounding it.
In this regard, Myriad and its supporters have done great. In just over four months Myriad is on the biggest exchanges, has various versions of the wallet, is being included in game development, and many more.

2. I don't think having two ASIC algos out of five is a problem.
The majority of the algorithms (and therefore coins) are being mined by non-ASIC hardware. ASIC hardware helps to protect the network, just like GPU hardware.

3. I'm not oppossed to changing or adding algorithms, but there must be a reason other than hype or the temperature of a GPU.
Most of the new algorithms being produced, e.g. X11, X13, X15, are extensions of Qubit, and don't offer significantly more cryptographic strength over Qubit (or Skein and Groestl for that matter).

4. I don't think it is a good idea to change the reward structure to suit market conditions.
This is similar to a central bank that decides on the rate of money production. If we do do this once, we are setting a precedent of centralised control over money production, and will then be called upon again and again to change the rate of money production every time the markets change.

I hope the community continues to build on the massive amount of great work already done.
novag

novag

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 12:35:34 PM

In any case, any discussion of whether criticism or positive aspects it's all good impact on the coin. This kind of PIAR  or marketing, which only plays a positive role in the development of coins!

iamphoenix

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 01:04:57 PM

To give my opinion on some of the issues being discussed here in the thread:

1. The long term success of any coin is mostly due to the size and passion of its user base and the infrastructure surrounding it.
In this regard, Myriad and its supporters have done great. In just over four months Myriad is on the biggest exchanges, has various versions of the wallet, is being included in game development, and many more.

2. I don't think having two ASIC algos out of five is a problem.
The majority of the algorithms (and therefore coins) are being mined by non-ASIC hardware. ASIC hardware helps to protect the network, just like GPU hardware.

3. I'm not oppossed to changing or adding algorithms, but there must be a reason other than hype or the temperature of a GPU.
Most of the new algorithms being produced, e.g. X11, X13, X15, are extensions of Qubit, and don't offer significantly more cryptographic strength over Qubit (or Skein and Groestl for that matter).

4. I don't think it is a good idea to change the reward structure to suit market conditions.
This is similar to a central bank that decides on the rate of money production. If we do do this once, we are setting a precedent of centralised control over money production, and will then be called upon again and again to change the rate of money production every time the markets change.

I hope the community continues to build on the massive amount of great work already done.

My rage has melted away. You have the best timing and thanks for your input.

Myriadplatform.org
primer-
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 02:19:34 PM

MYR @ 0.00000094

Only around 2.5mil MYR required to dump it down to 0 Smiley

smokefirexx

Activity: 21

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 02:32:32 PM

MYR @ 0.00000094

Only around 2.5mil MYR required to dump it down to 0 Smiley

Congratulations! You've found the order depth chart!
Phorna

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 03:28:17 PM

And there are some new reddit subscribers! Myriad is getting famous because of last events. Grin
primer-
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 03:31:30 PM

And there are some new reddit subscribers! Myriad is getting famous because of last events. Grin

Yes, the real-time DEATH of a coin is an interesting event to observe!  Grin
primer-
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 03:46:01 PM

WOW, 1BTC buy support in the last 10 min. We have not had such MEGAPUMP since April.
georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 04:58:58 PM

I haven't posted in a while... so I came back to ask what's going on with this coin and why the continuing price decline...

... and I see people who wish cancer to their respective families... lol..  Huh

WTF???

primer-
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 05:00:14 PM

I haven't posted in a while... so I came back to ask what's going on with this coin and why the continuing price decline...

... and I see people who wish cancer to their respective families... lol..  Huh

WTF???

He is one sick person. I spoke in self-defense.
Pages: « 1 ... 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 [267] 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 ... 413 »
  Print  

Jump to: