Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 02:25:09 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 [269] 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 ... 413 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XMY] Myriad | Multi-Algo, Fair, Secure  (Read 849679 times)
Rumhurius
Legendary

Activity: 1672
Merit: 1046

Here we go again

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 11:04:01 AM

PosV or something like this or asics and coin swapping mps will dump myr into oblivion.

killermonkeys

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 12:59:34 PM

... So ...what can we do?
I have ideas but they involve several adjustments to the code requiring a fork to be made. Albeit they may have done us some good if implemented earlier but I trust the team to for the most part understand most of the proposals and reasons behind them.

There are still many ideas we have yet to hear from others. Personally I dont like the whole marketing theory , as we are not marketing a product to sell, we will just have the best there is to which will attract attention.

What are your ideas?  you never said what they were, just that they would need a fork and should have happened earlier. 

Ahmed's polymyr project should help level the playing field once it's released, but in order for it to really create a lot of buy support, it will need adoption from other currencies.  This will need "marketing", since it'll be all theoretical until it's adopted by enough currencies to have an impact on the sell pressure.  Things like infographics, incentives for adopting, polls, some sort of social campaign, an updated website, etc.  The info needs to be out there and clearly outlined, so that any coin dev/community interested in securing their blockchain knows exactly how well polymyr will work, and why adopting it would be best for their coin. 

We'd need to do a lot of this before launch, so that there is enough currencies on board to act as a solid proof of concept.  Maybe we already are?  Can someone chime in?  I've seen some posts on reddit about inforgraphics being in the works which is awesome, but what about for polymyr specifically?  Once we as a community know what's been developed, and what still needs to be done, we can start spreading the idea to other communities, or offer up time and expertise to knock things off the list. 

Does anyone here play minecraft?  There is a server called minecraftcc that pays out bitcoin for modified blocks ingame.  I play on it quite often and it's a pretty cool idea.  If there was interest for it, it wouldn't be too hard to set up a mining pool and minecraft server where the fees from the mining pool go to the payout pool for the game server.  Would anyone be interested in something like this?

iamphoenix

Activity: 244
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:17:33 PM

PosV or something like this or asics and coin swapping mps will dump myr into oblivion.

Explain POSV for me in as few words as possible

Get Daily Free SIGNs before too late. T6ZzzGAkxmSQDmeNUZPBf3pbD2ogiC2DDf

Myriadplatform.org
iamphoenix

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:20:14 PM

... So ...what can we do?
I have ideas but they involve several adjustments to the code requiring a fork to be made. Albeit they may have done us some good if implemented earlier but I trust the team to for the most part understand most of the proposals and reasons behind them.

There are still many ideas we have yet to hear from others. Personally I dont like the whole marketing theory , as we are not marketing a product to sell, we will just have the best there is to which will attract attention.

What are your ideas?  you never said what they were, just that they would need a fork and should have happened earlier.  

Ahmed's polymyr project should help level the playing field once it's released, but in order for it to really create a lot of buy support, it will need adoption from other currencies.  This will need "marketing", since it'll be all theoretical until it's adopted by enough currencies to have an impact on the sell pressure.  Things like infographics, incentives for adopting, polls, some sort of social campaign, an updated website, etc.  The info needs to be out there and clearly outlined, so that any coin dev/community interested in securing their blockchain knows exactly how well polymyr will work, and why adopting it would be best for their coin.  

We'd need to do a lot of this before launch, so that there is enough currencies on board to act as a solid proof of concept.  Maybe we already are?  Can someone chime in?  I've seen some posts on reddit about inforgraphics being in the works which is awesome, but what about for polymyr specifically?  Once we as a community know what's been developed, and what still needs to be done, we can start spreading the idea to other communities, or offer up time and expertise to knock things off the list.  

Does anyone here play minecraft?  There is a server called minecraftcc that pays out bitcoin for modified blocks ingame.  I play on it quite often and it's a pretty cool idea.  If there was interest for it, it wouldn't be too hard to set up a mining pool and minecraft server where the fees from the mining pool go to the payout pool for the game server.  Would anyone be interested in something like this?

i never said it should have happened earlier
> Albeit they may have done us some good if implemented earlier but I trust the team to for the most part understand most of the proposals and reasons behind them.

My proposals have been made and are easy to locate on this very thread using a search they are usually large posts but there should be a few that are in easy bullet points if you are interested.. (i dive deep in some ideas)  i want to hear more from everyone else  (im sure foodies may feel the same Smiley Maybe we can develop further some theories/proposals better than one can alone

Myriadplatform.org
iamphoenix

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:26:37 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2014, 03:40:11 PM by iamphoenix

I dont like marketing but i like your suggestion here
Things like infographics, incentives for adopting, polls, some sort of social campaign, an updated website, etc.  The info needs to be out there and  clearly outlined, so that any coin dev/community interested in securing their blockchain knows exactly how well polymyr will work, and why adopting it would be best for their coin.  

I would 100000% agree that somehow before projects launch they should be announced and easily explained so even people like me can understand Smiley
very very important

creating a little suspense beforehand can make it all the more better.
---
Good ideas like this should be archived maybe like some kind of[[[ Myr - Community Think Tank Paper ]]]with bullet points the first being yours

Myr-CTTP

#1 06/14 Things like infographics, incentives for adopting, polls, some sort of social campaign, an updated website, etc.  The info needs to be out there and  clearly outlined, so that any coin dev/community interested in securing their blockchain knows exactly how well polymyr will work, and why adopting it would be best for their coin.  

Myriadplatform.org
birdonwheels5

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 04:14:44 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2014, 08:33:58 PM by birdonwheels5

I have a small announcement for you guys Smiley

Yesterday I set up the first node to the Myriadcoin SHA256 P2pool network. We just hit our first block last night and received payment! Again, the node is based in the US, east coast by Boston. Right now we have ~700 GH/s, and any hash you have to throw at us will be greatly appreciated! Soon I will be making a guide with the changes that need to be made to make this work, and eventually I'll try to fork the Github and make the changes there for easy installation.

0.5% fee (note that cryptoculture is 2%).

Address: birdspool.no-ip.org:5578

MYR: MNYERWCHqrH1EkGNpF4T8o8dGB391A5jmm
DGB: DKqUZR8ajzo1vkXYWWx476wRyZ4La76WBy
iamphoenix

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 04:21:37 PM

im in NY should be perfect. a few days and ill get it on ( my dedicated miner is a few hours upstate )

Myriadplatform.org
tigerwood0432

Activity: 493
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 05:40:54 PM

Any news on sms wallet Public Beta ? Any release date ?

▄███████████████████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████████████████
██username 12345█████████████████████████████
███▒▒▒▒▒▒▒███████████████████████████████████
██1234567███12345678██12345678███12345678████
████████████████████████████████████████████
████▒▒▒▒▒▒███████████████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████████████████████████▀
CryptoPay

GET IT NOW
tigerwood0432

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 07:02:40 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2014, 08:03:43 AM by tigerwood0432

EXHUMED RACE GAME :

Donations reached 395 usd$

EXHUMED RACE VIDEO

If you are a MYRIADCOIN holder continue to help exhumed Race project :

EXHUMED RACE : First 3rd person Action/ Adventure games to accept and earn DigitalCurrency = MYRIADCOIN

When the project will be UP = Myriadcoin Price will go to the sky Smiley

Here is the DEV profil here (if you want to ask any question) :

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=203051

HIS POST , he introduces himself to Myriad community :

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=483515.msg7682608#msg7682608

http://www.exhumedrace.com/contact#!contact/c24vq

TWITTER : https://twitter.com/Treg_Qualman_II

For donations :

This is the GAME website adress :

http://www.exhumedrace.com

HERE YOU CAN DONATE :

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/778707413/exhumed-race

IF YOU ARE A MYRIADCOIN HOLDER TRY TO DONATE AT LEAST 5 OR 10 USD $ (NOT A BIG DEAL = ITS LIKE OFFERING A FRESH BEER TO YOUR BUDDY) = IT WILL BOOST MYRIADCOIN TO THE SKY

THANKS FOR PEOPLE WHO DONATED ALREADY = NOW I START TO BELIEVE THAT WE ARE A COMMUNITY AND WE CAN HELP EACH OTHER TO BOOST MYRIADCOIN TO THE SKY : 1 MILLION MYRIADCOIN = 1 MILLION DOLLAR IN FEW MONTHS/YEARS (WHY NOT = REMEMBER WHEN BITCOIN WAS AT 0.1 USD $ . DEPENDS ON HOW WE SPREAD OUR COIN TO THE WORLD

Please try to create blogs , webpages , send messages on twitter to introduce our coin worldwide >> THE MORE EXPOSURE = THE MORE PRICE WILL SKYROCKET (Just remember 2 weeks ago = SMS WALLET RELEASE ON TWITTER >>> PRICE WENT TO 0.0000550 (DOUBLE PRICE IN 1 HOUR) = SEE HOW MEDIA AND MARKETING ARE POWERFULL ?

PS : DEV SAID = EVEN IS HE DON'T REACH THE FULL REQUIRED AMOUNT FROM DONATION = HE WILL NOT GIVE UP = HE OWNS 3 MINING RIGS = DEDICATED TO FINANCE THE PROJECT (BUT IT WILL TAKE MORE TIME TO DO IT WITH HIS OWN MONEY) ON THIS POST :

If you wish to donate with BTC or MYR :

CryptoPay

GET IT NOW
Rumhurius
Legendary

Here we go again

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 08:54:42 PM

Proof-of-Stake-Velocity= Proof of Stake - Proof of transaction hybrid.

http://coinjoint.info/reddcoin-will-move-new-proof-stake-velocity-posv-algorithm/

I am fine with asic resistant Algos but Scrypt and Coinswapping MPs GTFO.

novag

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

novag

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 10:03:30 PM

I propose to start a vote on what to understand what people want:
1. Protection from Asik.
2. fight against inflation.
3. Your option.

I will add your suggestions and will update the post or will create a new topic.

Donate for the support of a new Martial arts Style - Aikivindo = Aikido + Wing-Chun (in Ukraine) 5168757318423326 PrivatBank.
http://aikivindo.com.ua
BTC:1DpRaQjdVmrkSopRV8p9RdwvBMWNA9faCS
zuludrag

Activity: 396

I speak: LT, RU, EN

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 10:36:41 PM

1. Protection from Asik.
3. Your option.

I will add your suggestions and will update the post or will create a new topic.

My opinion:

1. Why to try doing that?
   1) There is no algorithm at the moment that can't be realized on ASICs hardware. Just a question of the price. The more popular will be the coin - the cheaper one device will cost...
   2) MYR is coin for everyone - so why we should throw away ASICs?!

2. Fighting against inflation as in my opinion can only be realized by adding more usability for the coin. When there will be more buy support - inflation will be lower. Decreasing coin supply would be silly and a big step back in crypto, as that steps only banks do - it's called regulation. It's my IMHO.

3. Problem with ASICs exists, but it should be solved in some way like another difficulty regulation for ASIC friendly algorithms. Now we are getting result of diff regulation when it's profitable to dump mined coins for the price that is ~3-4x lower compared to desirable price of GPU/CPU users. It's almost unprofitable to mine on GPU/CPU at that coin price (anyone has a detailed calculations made?).

And again, it's only my opinion. I like MYR and I believe in it. Hope all temporary problems will be solved and big investors will be attracted again.
Good day for everyone (and good night for me Smiley (01:30am here))...

tigerwood0432

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 10:41:09 PM

1. Protection from Asik.
3. Your option.

+1 I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU = ASIK protection = to STOP this BLEEDING and massive myriad dump .

+ MARKETING

CryptoPay

GET IT NOW
iamphoenix

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 10:48:42 PM

Proof-of-Stake-Velocity= Proof of Stake - Proof of transaction hybrid.

http://coinjoint.info/reddcoin-will-move-new-proof-stake-velocity-posv-algorithm/

I am fine with asic resistant Algos but Scrypt and Coinswapping MPs GTFO.

i like their hybrid idea. it should be very interesting to watch how it turns out

Myriadplatform.org
iamphoenix

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 10:51:10 PM

1. Protection from Asik.
3. Your option.

My opinion:

1. Why to try doing that?
   1) There is no algorithm at the moment that can't be realized on ASICs hardware. Just a question of the price. The more popular will be the coin - the cheaper one device will cost...
   2) MYR is coin for everyone - so why we should throw away ASICs?!

2. Fighting against inflation as in my opinion can only be realized by adding more usability for the coin. When there will be more buy support - inflation will be lower. Decreasing coin supply would be silly and a big step back in crypto, as that steps only banks do - it's called regulation. It's my IMHO.

3. Problem with ASICs exists, but it should be solved in some way like another difficulty regulation for ASIC friendly algorithms. Now we are getting result of diff regulation when it's profitable to dump mined coins for the price that is ~3-4x lower compared to desirable price of GPU/CPU users. It's almost unprofitable to mine on GPU/CPU at that coin price (anyone has a detailed calculations made?).

And again, it's only my opinion. I like MYR and I believe in it. Hope all temporary problems will be solved and big investors will be attracted again.
Good day for everyone (and good night for me Smiley (01:30am here))...

were deff moving in the right direction. Ive noticed every coin usually has at least 1 troll..

Myriadplatform.org
iamphoenix

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 10:53:37 PM

1. Protection from Asik.
3. Your option.

kinda what i was trying to do but if u want to archive and set the ground for development of new ideas hey man i cant fight against big letters

Myriadplatform.org
novag

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

novag

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 11:13:05 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2014, 09:10:57 AM by novag

1. Asik Protection.
2. Fight against inflation.
3. Marketing.
4. Pos/Pow.

5. Your option.

I will add your suggestions and will update this post or will create a new topic.

Donate for the support of a new Martial arts Style - Aikivindo = Aikido + Wing-Chun (in Ukraine) 5168757318423326 PrivatBank.
http://aikivindo.com.ua
BTC:1DpRaQjdVmrkSopRV8p9RdwvBMWNA9faCS
killermonkeys

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 11:30:55 PM

1. Protection from Asik.
3. Marketing.

4. Your option.

whoa timewarp back to a few days ago!

1. no. There is no protection from asic's, as I've said in the past (you're welcome to search my posts) the use of asics in the long run are actually the protection, not the problem.

2. I agree that we should be cautionary when dealing with inflation, but as someone else has said the best way to combat inflation is further adoption.  I fully agree with 8bitcoder's (the dev) comment about NOT changing the block reward.  Changing the block reward would set a very bad precedent.

3.  We don't necessarily need marketing, but we definitely need the information to be readily available, and clear.  Again, feel free to search my posts or go to the top of this page to see my opinions on that.

cool man, cool.
Rumhurius
Legendary

Here we go again

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:04:36 AM

1. Protection from Asik.
3. Marketing.

4. Your option.

whoa timewarp back to a few days ago!

1. no. There is no protection from asic's, as I've said in the past (you're welcome to search my posts) the use of asics in the long run are actually the protection, not the problem.

2. I agree that we should be cautionary when dealing with inflation, but as someone else has said the best way to combat inflation is further adoption.  I fully agree with 8bitcoder's (the dev) comment about NOT changing the block reward.  Changing the block reward would set a very bad precedent.

3.  We don't necessarily need marketing, but we definitely need the information to be readily available, and clear.  Again, feel free to search my posts or go to the top of this page to see my opinions on that.

cool man, cool.

Even doge and ltc getting dumped like hell because of all this asic hashpower and mp swapping pools.

So why not going in the pos direction ?
Scrypt is a dinosaur anyway imo and there are prolly some test fpgas already for x11 and cons.
So pos & Pot could be an option.

This is easier to realise then mass adoption overnight. lol
Just get rid of scrypt atleast.

RDD more then doubled the price after the announcement of PosV.

500Mhash Scrypt Miner already incoming and they will dump as long as its been profitable and do some serious bloodbath to a lot of coins before dif raise can compensate that.

tigerwood0432

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:23:55 AM

EXHUMED RACE GAME :

Donations reached 395 usd$

EXHUMED RACE VIDEO

If you are a MYRIADCOIN holder continue to help exhumed Race project :

EXHUMED RACE : First 3rd person Action/ Adventure games to accept and earn DigitalCurrency = MYRIADCOIN

When the project will be UP = Myriadcoin Price will go to the sky Smiley

Here is the DEV profil here (if you want to ask any question) :

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=203051

HIS POST , he introduces himself to Myriad community :

http://www.exhumedrace.com/contact#!contact/c24vq

TWITTER : https://twitter.com/Treg_Qualman_II

For donations :

This is the GAME website adress :

http://www.exhumedrace.com

HERE YOU CAN DONATE :

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/778707413/exhumed-race

IF YOU ARE A MYRIADCOIN HOLDER TRY TO DONATE AT LEAST 5 OR 10 USD $ (NOT A BIG DEAL = ITS LIKE OFFERING A FRESH BEER TO YOUR BUDDY) = IT WILL BOOST MYRIADCOIN TO THE SKY

THANKS FOR PEOPLE WHO DONATED ALREADY = NOW I START TO BELIEVE THAT WE ARE A COMMUNITY AND WE CAN HELP EACH OTHER TO BOOST MYRIADCOIN TO THE SKY : 1 MILLION MYRIADCOIN = 1 MILLION DOLLAR IN FEW MONTHS/YEARS (WHY NOT = REMEMBER WHEN BITCOIN WAS AT 0.1 USD $ . DEPENDS ON HOW WE SPREAD OUR COIN TO THE WORLD

Please try to create blogs , webpages , send messages on twitter to introduce our coin worldwide >> THE MORE EXPOSURE = THE MORE PRICE WILL SKYROCKET (Just remember 2 weeks ago = SMS WALLET RELEASE ON TWITTER >>> PRICE WENT TO 0.0000550 (DOUBLE PRICE IN 1 HOUR) = SEE HOW MEDIA AND MARKETING ARE POWERFULL ?

PS : DEV SAID = EVEN IS HE DON'T REACH THE FULL REQUIRED AMOUNT FROM DONATION = HE WILL NOT GIVE UP = HE OWNS 3 MINING RIGS = DEDICATED TO FINANCE THE PROJECT (BUT IT WILL TAKE MORE TIME TO DO IT WITH HIS OWN MONEY) ON THIS POST :

If you wish to donate with BTC or MYR :

UPDATE 07/09/2014 = EXHUMED RACE GAME IS NOW 405 USD $ GOOD JOB FELLOWS , PLEASE CONTINUE YOUR DONATIONS (5 - 10 - 50 Usd $) , THE BETA TESTING GAME WILL DE RELEASED BEFORE THE END OF JULY = PEOPLE WILL BUY MYRIADCOIN LIKE CRAZY = JUST TO TRY THIS UNIQUE 3D ONLINE SPACE GAME
[/size]

CryptoPay

GET IT NOW
Pages: « 1 ... 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 [269] 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 ... 413 »
  Print  

Jump to: