Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:30:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 [275] 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 ... 413 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XMY] Myriad | Multi-Algo, Fair, Secure  (Read 849665 times)
neurorit

Activity: 184
Merit: 10

Qidex Exchange

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 08:03:17 PM

I'm getting about 1.5k a day right now with a scrypt ASIC that cost 90bucks and only uses 45watts.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
birdonwheels5

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 08:31:54 PM

What would stop a botnet operator from making his own wallet implementation that bypassed said throttles? I feel like this would have to be apart of the coin itself.

You're probably right. Wallet hacking would be a huge vulnerability, but I don't know enough about the technical aspects to be able to intelligently comment on this. Hopefully we'll hear from others with more specific knowledge on the subject.

But the general idea would be to do as much as possible with the wallet, and only the absolutely necessary with the coin.

You don't even need to do any hacking. Just set up multiple headless linux VMs and install have multiple wallets. With a 32gb system you could have about 15 VMs (assuming 2gb per machine) and 15 wallets. So 15x what normal people would be getting...

MYR: MNYERWCHqrH1EkGNpF4T8o8dGB391A5jmm
DGB: DKqUZR8ajzo1vkXYWWx476wRyZ4La76WBy
Muzzargh

Activity: 133

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 09:10:59 PM

What would stop a botnet operator from making his own wallet implementation that bypassed said throttles? I feel like this would have to be apart of the coin itself.

You're probably right. Wallet hacking would be a huge vulnerability, but I don't know enough about the technical aspects to be able to intelligently comment on this. Hopefully we'll hear from others with more specific knowledge on the subject.

But the general idea would be to do as much as possible with the wallet, and only the absolutely necessary with the coin.

You don't even need to do any hacking. Just set up multiple headless linux VMs and install have multiple wallets. With a 32gb system you could have about 15 VMs (assuming 2gb per machine) and 15 wallets. So 15x what normal people would be getting...

Would tying the wallet to the users IP address help, as in the blockchain woulk only accept 1 miner from any IP?
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 09:54:47 PM

Would tying the wallet to the users IP address help, as in the blockchain woulk only accept 1 miner from any IP?

That's an idea, but if people have multiple machines (laptop for work, old machine dedicated to downloads, the kids' computer, etc.) they should be able to use them all . . .

I wouldn't have too much of a problem with multiple VMs - the real 'horse power' of the 'rig' can't be broken into more parts than the whole so, well, if it's got some powerful graphic cards to break up into CPU equivalents (remember there's a throttling threshold that caps each VM), then maybe . . . but would it really be worth it? The reward differences aren't really equivalents - not by a long shot - the GPU still has a handsome advantage over the CPU (and ASIC over GPU) and would most likely be better off mining Skein or Groestl anyway in the vast majority of cases, and the operator breaking things up into VMs would probably be shooting him/herself in the foot by trying to get cute. In the best of cases it would be a close call, but the margin of error would always go to legitimate use.

primer-
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 10:40:28 PM

unfortunately botnet ops wouldn't even need to hack the wallet with this idea.  They'd just have to create a payload that deployed a headless version of the wallet, created an address, started mining, and then use the api to send the funds back home.  It would take a tiny bit of scripting.

also, if it had some kind of ram requirement (like 16gb) it would only work with 64bit systems, with enough memory.  Not a solution for everyone...

I like your spirit though:)

Take a look at shinycoin wallet, it requires 15gb for mining but not for syncing/normal use. Would love to see MYR implement the algo.
foodies123

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 11:07:14 PM

unfortunately botnet ops wouldn't even need to hack the wallet with this idea.  They'd just have to create a payload that deployed a headless version of the wallet, created an address, started mining, and then use the api to send the funds back home.  It would take a tiny bit of scripting.

also, if it had some kind of ram requirement (like 16gb) it would only work with 64bit systems, with enough memory.  Not a solution for everyone...

Take a look at shinycoin wallet, it requires 15gb for mining but not for syncing/normal use. Would love to see MYR implement the algo.

because everyone has 16G+ ram computers and runs 64 bit oses ... right ...

nope
primer-
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 11:28:14 PM

unfortunately botnet ops wouldn't even need to hack the wallet with this idea.  They'd just have to create a payload that deployed a headless version of the wallet, created an address, started mining, and then use the api to send the funds back home.  It would take a tiny bit of scripting.

also, if it had some kind of ram requirement (like 16gb) it would only work with 64bit systems, with enough memory.  Not a solution for everyone...

15G ram eliminates botnet mining. You can still run the wallet on an old x86 box with 1gb ram but you wont be able to mine..
birdonwheels5

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 02:25:15 AM

unfortunately botnet ops wouldn't even need to hack the wallet with this idea.  They'd just have to create a payload that deployed a headless version of the wallet, created an address, started mining, and then use the api to send the funds back home.  It would take a tiny bit of scripting.

also, if it had some kind of ram requirement (like 16gb) it would only work with 64bit systems, with enough memory.  Not a solution for everyone...

15G ram eliminates botnet mining. You can still run the wallet on an old x86 box with 1gb ram but you wont be able to mine..

I have 32gb of ram, but I don't have 15gb to throw away for mining... I actually use my ram.

primer-
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 07:40:33 AM

I have 32gb of ram, but I don't have 15gb to throw away for mining... I actually use my ram.
Good, now go jump off the bridge..
Cheena

Activity: 221

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 02:34:18 PM

When is PolyMyr coming out the multi pool MAMMMP

HODL !
birdonwheels5

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 10:00:57 PM
Last edit: July 14, 2014, 04:40:54 AM by birdonwheels5

Good, now go jump off the bridge..

You know, there's been a lot of talking about bridge jumping lately, and I think I want in on it. Can you point me to a starter bridge so that I may go and jump off it? I only learn from the best.

Edit: Interesting concept, though. I tried mining for a little while on my 32gb laptop, and it got me thinking. Are there any other CPU friendly coins out there so I could squeeze a little more coinage out of my hardware? Turns out cryptonight (as mentioned before) is the answer. Currently doing my homework on which one to mine & invest some BTC in, as I get my Bitcoin from Coinbase tomorrow. You can bet that I'm buying a truckload of MYR with it, though. I wanna make my paper wallet's balance an even 1,000,000 MYR.

Oh and is that tigerwoods guy still here? Last I heard from him was about his dildos.

Muzzargh

Activity: 133

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 06:05:23 AM

That's an idea, but if people have multiple machines (laptop for work, old machine dedicated to downloads, the kids' computer, etc.) they should be able to use them all . . .

I wouldn't have too much of a problem with multiple VMs - the real 'horse power' of the 'rig' can't be broken into more parts than the whole so, well, if it's got some powerful graphic cards to break up into CPU equivalents (remember there's a throttling threshold that caps each VM), then maybe . . . but would it really be worth it? The reward differences aren't really equivalents - not by a long shot - the GPU still has a handsome advantage over the CPU (and ASIC over GPU) and would most likely be better off mining Skein or Groestl anyway in the vast majority of cases, and the operator breaking things up into VMs would probably be shooting him/herself in the foot by trying to get cute. In the best of cases it would be a close call, but the margin of error would always go to legitimate use.

A compromise then, say up to 5 devices from the same IP?  This way the 'family' is catered for but the geeks like us would find it harder to stand up 500 bots (although there would probably be a way round it).
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 07:42:47 AM

A compromise then, say up to 5 devices from the same IP?  This way the 'family' is catered for but the geeks like us would find it harder to stand up 500 bots (although there would probably be a way round it).

Sounds good.

I also like e-mail registration/confirmation for each install. (I know that would kill anonymity, but that's a pipe dream that I think we'd better get out of our heads sooner than later, because sooner or later we know the IRS will have its ugly nose in the middle of everything and that sooner or later we'll be looking at forced transparency. You know what they say about negatives? Turn them into positives! MYR would also become the first truly transparent coin - my coins are my coins by golly, and I want my identity time stamped on each and every one of them!  Smiley )

Sunnyfive

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 08:26:30 AM

this is a great coin, why price keeps falling

akabane

Activity: 113

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 09:05:26 AM

Because most of people are here for a quick buck, they prefer to play with ponzi crap-coins.
I myself play with some of them to cut down my mining cost but I also have some long term plan with decent coins and Myriad is one of them.
Myriad will not make you rich tomorrow or in the near future, but I always keep a small percentage of my BTC in it.
apesconcert

Activity: 83

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 12:42:03 PM

MYR is a long-term hold, no doubt about it. Make sure you get the word across that with MYR there's no fear of the same potential chaos in BTC with an impending 51% attack - that is MYR's greatest strength
Freenhult

Activity: 190

★ BitClave ICO. Join NOW ★

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:33:06 PM

I'm going to be working closer with MYR potentially to bring the business-side up a bit more. We haven't had any formal talks yet, but I think I know some good people that can help MYR (And themselves) get closer to their goals. This is realistic because the two entities have exclusive goals that don't overlap; and both sides have good developers that can work together. With that strength, we can use some of our marketing ideas to shove both coins forward, and that is overall a win-win.

foodies123

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:47:06 PM

I'm going to be working closer with MYR potentially to bring the business-side up a bit more. We haven't had any formal talks yet, but I think I know some good people that can help MYR (And themselves) get closer to their goals. This is realistic because the two entities have exclusive goals that don't overlap; and both sides have good developers that can work together. With that strength, we can use some of our marketing ideas to shove both coins forward, and that is overall a win-win.

nope
iamphoenix

Activity: 244

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:56:56 PM

Because most of people are here for a quick buck, they prefer to play with ponzi crap-coins.
I myself play with some of them to cut down my mining cost but I also have some long term plan with decent coins and Myriad is one of them.
Myriad will not make you rich tomorrow or in the near future, but I always keep a small percentage of my BTC in it.

I think the chart looks very healthy.. I see nice activity patterns going where they should..

well if u havent seen it yet .. i was finishing drawing the second simpler chart and i looked at the price "oh motherfuxxer u better wait...

also eastereggs 3 of them!

http://www.reddit.com/r/myriadcoin/comments/2aojs0/made_a_little_chart_for_you_guys_not_trading/

Get Daily Free SIGNs before too late. T6ZzzGAkxmSQDmeNUZPBf3pbD2ogiC2DDf

Myriadplatform.org
akabane

Activity: 113

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 09:45:36 PM

I think the chart looks very healthy.. I see nice activity patterns going where they should..

well if u havent seen it yet .. i was finishing drawing the second simpler chart and i looked at the price "oh motherfuxxer u better wait...

also eastereggs 3 of them!

http://www.reddit.com/r/myriadcoin/comments/2aojs0/made_a_little_chart_for_you_guys_not_trading/

Yes it seems an uptrend is starting from 70 but volume is yet too low to confirm it.
Pages: « 1 ... 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 [275] 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 ... 413 »
  Print  

Jump to: