Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 11:21:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 [302] 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 ... 413 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XMY] Myriad | Multi-Algo, Fair, Secure  (Read 849668 times)
MaxDZ8

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 02:20:08 PM

Pre-alpha. I've never had any stability issue with it, even though my mainboard was dying.
Are you running it with the default config file?

The version currently on github should be able to run on multiple cards but it is largely obsolete by now. If I get my new system running by tonight, I will hopefully update tomorrow.

Can you reproduce at will?
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1107

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 04:54:58 PM

Pre-alpha. I've never had any stability issue with it, even though my mainboard was dying.
Are you running it with the default config file?

The version currently on github should be able to run on multiple cards but it is largely obsolete by now. If I get my new system running by tonight, I will hopefully update tomorrow.

Can you reproduce at will?

I didn't edit the config file, so it should have been default, yes. I didn't want to try it again after BSOD. I'll give it another shot I guess when I get home from school later.
novag

Activity: 687

novag

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 07:09:44 PM

Good trade on cryptsy.

Donate for the support of a new Martial arts Style - Aikivindo = Aikido + Wing-Chun (in Ukraine) 5168757318423326 PrivatBank.
http://aikivindo.com.ua
BTC:1DpRaQjdVmrkSopRV8p9RdwvBMWNA9faCS
lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 06:45:23 AM

Check out the new post at  reddit about MYR at http://redd.it/2hljs7 looks interesting...

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
birdonwheels5

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 03:36:40 PM

I'm still in shock that Dogecoin went from being worth have as much as MYR, to TWICE as much. Like wtf, what happened?

MYR: MNYERWCHqrH1EkGNpF4T8o8dGB391A5jmm
DGB: DKqUZR8ajzo1vkXYWWx476wRyZ4La76WBy
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1107

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 03:39:30 PM

I'm still in shock that Dogecoin went from being worth have as much as MYR, to TWICE as much. Like wtf, what happened?

People love the Ð
MaxDZ8

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 04:58:30 PM

Especially now that's no more a joke. Very, very sad.
novag

Activity: 687

novag

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 05:40:42 PM

MYR will still show good growth.

Donate for the support of a new Martial arts Style - Aikivindo = Aikido + Wing-Chun (in Ukraine) 5168757318423326 PrivatBank.
http://aikivindo.com.ua
BTC:1DpRaQjdVmrkSopRV8p9RdwvBMWNA9faCS
neuroMode

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 12:56:23 PM

Electro-Myr development made easy

Quoted from here: http://www.reddit.com/r/myriadcoin/comments/2hozam/electromyr_development_made_easy/

Hi there!
I'm new to the community and to crypto currencies in general, and interested on the development of Myriad.
I'm trying to create a very simple step by step list of instructions to help anyone interested in the Myriad development to quickly contribute to the community. The instructions are not complete yet. I'm currently having problems to get groestl_hash running on Linux, so maybe you can help me complete the list. At first wanted to publish the instructions once they were complete, but I think it is a better idea to have it evolve with the contribution of more experienced developers. Maybe we can move the list to a wiki.
So here's what I have so far. I started with Electrum-Myr, but the basic setup applies to any development. Others could contribute with Windows or MacOS instructions, or maybe an even simple Linux distributions, and we can evolve to have instructions for other areas as well, like the core wallet and p2pool, for example.
What you'll need:
Oracle VirtualBox virtual machine (https://www.virtualbox.org/[1] )
Lubuntu Intel x86 desktop CD (http://lubuntu.net/[2] ) - you can use other distributions, but I particullary find this one very simple to setup.
Basic development environment:
Install VirtualBox.
Create a new Lubunto virtual machine, but don't boot it up yet.
Go to your new Lubuntu VM settings -> storage -> optical disk controller and point to the Lubuntu ISO image.
Boot the VM and go through the installation process.
Optionally, you can download PuTTY (http://www.putty.org/[3] ) to SSH from you host OS to your VM. When working only with the text based consoles, I find it easier to work with a PuTTY terminal from Windows instead working with the standard available terminals on the Linux distributions. These are the best instructions I found on how to enable SSH: http://blog.manoharbhattarai.com.np/2013/04/12/how-to-enable-ssh-to-virtualbox-guest-ubuntu/[4]
Setup your development environment:
We could group the instructions in less steps, but I find it easier to debug if we go step by step. Here's the list:
cd ~
mkdir work
cd work
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get install git-core
sudo apt-get install python-pip
git clone https://github.com/wozz/electrum-myr.git
sudo pip install ecdsa
sudo pip install slowaes (if this step fails, try sudo apt-get install python-slowaes)
sudo pip install pbkdf2
sudo pip install pyasn1
sudo pip install pyasn1-modules
sudo pip install tlslite
... and here is where I'm currently stuck... I can't get groestl_hash to work for Python. What I'm trying to do:
(source: http://www.reddit.com/r/myriadcoin/comments/2c04d7/groestl_p2ool_node_src_is_fixed_and_my_groestl/[5] )
git clone https://github.com/birdonwheels5/p2pool-myrGroestl.git
cd p2pool-myrGroestl/groestl_hash
sudo python setup.py install
Any ideas?
Thanks!

Myriadcoin - the first multi-PoW blockchain! (Mine with SHA256 [ASICs], Scrypt [GPU/ASICs], Skein [GPUs], Groestl [GPUs], OR Qubit [CPUs/GPUs]).
Myriad Website // Myriad on Reddit || Myriad Android Wallet || Myriad Electrum Wallet || Multi-vPoW and Block "Tips" - Solution to Parasitic Merged Mining
neuroMode

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 12:57:26 PM

Myriadcoin game concept: http://www.reddit.com/r/myriadcoin/comments/2hnakd/as_promised_the_game_concept/

Wheel of decentralization, round and round and round she goes where she stops nobody knows.
Abastract: a betting game where users bet against other users on what algorithm finds a certain block on the myriad blockchain. 100% trustless, 100% decentralized, 100% unpredictable ...
or is it ?
Basic concept:
(To be discussed) - Users bet on a block of their choice in the future no closer than 6 blocks to the current (to avoid their transaction goin unmined for 1-2 blocks and losing their
money) or users bet on a fixed x'th block from the block their transaction is included in.
Users choose from 5 possible options (sha2, scrypt, gr0stl, qubit, skein).
The funds are sent to a burn address and destroyed.
Winners will get a reward proportional to their bet, meaning they will get a % equal to the % of the winners pool out of the total betting pool (winners+losers).
Eg: Joe bets 10 MYR, Larry bets 50 MYR, Andy bets 40 MYR and Mike bets 100 MYR. Now everyone guesses right except Mike (sorry Mike). Joe had 10 % of the winners pool(10 MYR out of 100 MYR). That means Joe gets 10% of the total betting pool(winners + losers) which is 10% out of 200 MYR = 20 MYR, Larry gets 100 MYR and Andy gets 80 MYR ... and Mike well, Mike gets a beating from his wife for gambling his baby's diaper money.
Miners will check for transactions tagged with the block number (probably using a procedure similar to coin coloring) each block they mine.
For example miner Joe, finds a block using scrypt mining. He then proceeds to check what funds were burnt for that block number, looking for the users who bet on scrypt and creates a separate coinbase containing the burnt funds which is then distributed to the winners.
Miner Joe cannot cheat and steal from these funds because all the checks he makes will be made by the whole network and if he tries to modify the outcome he will then be forked from the network.
This is a zero sum game, players play against each other and winners will get the losers` money. It will have no negative impact on the coin creation amount or rate, at worst when nobody wins the coin cap will deflate. It's just a fund, decentralized and trustless game.
Expansions* :
Occurance, X of Y blocks game (betting that starting from height z to height z + Y, X blocks will be a certain algo).
Sequencial guessing (betting that starting from height z the next X blocks will be found by algos certain algos).
Negative betting (betting that a certain block will NOT be found by a certain algo)
... and so on and so forth
While the basic concept is relatively straight forward and will probably be easy to implement, the other ones are not thus they remain to be discussed and analized.
Now, I've proposed that this be implemented straight into the network but 8bit said we should try to think it as a metalayer so as not to affect the blockchain at all.
Discuss ?

Myriadcoin - the first multi-PoW blockchain! (Mine with SHA256 [ASICs], Scrypt [GPU/ASICs], Skein [GPUs], Groestl [GPUs], OR Qubit [CPUs/GPUs]).
Myriad Website // Myriad on Reddit || Myriad Android Wallet || Myriad Electrum Wallet || Multi-vPoW and Block "Tips" - Solution to Parasitic Merged Mining
neuroMode

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 12:58:20 PM

http://www.reddit.com/r/myriadcoin/comments/2hirze/help_me_out_here/

I have been reading a lot of negative posts here recently and would like to just give my opinion and ask people to correct me where I am wrong. (but can you correctly me respectfully, not calling me names?)
First I have seen that the Scrypt algorithm has been solving lots of consecutive blocks. I have found a sequence of six. On a single algorithm coin ALL blocks are solved by the same algorithm, therefore someone could control more than 51% of the block chain. This allows them to perform attacks. I have noticed that some members are getting worried about this as they think that the Scrypt algorithm solving six blocks on Myriadcoin is the same as it happening on a single algorithm coin, it is not. By controlling 51% or more of a single algorithm coin you should be able to maintain the longest version of the block chain because no one can compete with you. With Myriadcoin there are five separate races each with miners competing in their own race, not every race. So put simply just because you are pretty much guaranteed to win your race, one of the other races could finish first. So you are not guaranteed the next block. Theoretically you would require 51% of all five algorithms and then to synchronise them to get the same effect.
So should we be worried that Scrypt is winning too many blocks? No, mining is a guessing game played by computers, sometimes they will guess the number faster than predicted and sometimes they will not. What is important is that over time all the algorithms solve the same amount of blocks.
Myriadcoin changes the difficulty of the solution required to win the race depending on how quickly an algorithm wins. If it wins in less than 2.5 minutes, in the next race it is handicapped with a more difficult problem to solve, if it is longer than 2.5 minutes it is easier. This is true of most single algorithm coins. Myriad does something else; because the other four algorithms did not finish the race as the first algorithms race finished first, their next race is easier to win. (if this is not the case it should be)
Second I have some Scrypt hashing power running into the P2Pool network. I did not move it onto Myriadcoin until there was a P2Pool network running properly. P2Pool finding six blocks is not the same as a pool operator finding six blocks.
It would be nice to debate this in an adult and intelligent way.

a) your analogy about the racers is 100% accurate. on the next race the latest block finder is crippled while the others stay intact (diff adjust for only the finding algo)
b) exactly the same happens in monopow coins but it's not as visible as the multipool gets blocks of the same algo and you can't differentiate unless you tag the pools wallets.
c) for security reasons in the next update (hardfork) algorithms will be limited to 6 blocks then the network rejects their blocks until another algorithm finds the next block.
d) weighting has been removed and replaced with work normalisation, I'll let 8bit explain I think it's perfect and will consolidate the basis for the most secure coin in existence.
e) I hope tomorrow I have time to double-test stealth address which are implemented and tested by 8bit but I'll test them just to make sure too.
Bonus:
a1) We are discussing implementing wallet aliasing (sending to an alias for example just type foodies in the send to field and bam I get the funds).
b1) 100% decentralized and trustless betting game users vs users. Will make a rough draft this week, explaining the concept. I personally think it'll be a fun game Smiley.
Sup ?

MaxDZ8

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 04:37:17 PM

Quick note: M8M new version released. Mostly cleaning up. Introduced a silly configuration wizard. Kernels are the same as previously so if everything is already working you could consider not updating.
Driver 14.7 seems to provide a very slight performance advantage, but the system becomes fairly sluggish.
xfelinho

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 09:11:05 PM

I tried the new version with my 7870 and used the easy settings tutorial. When all is configured and i restart the miner, i get Fatal Error: Concurrency is too high (1514888, max value is 1048576.
neuroMode

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 03:40:22 AM

http://myriadplatform.org/small-update-block-explorer-now-remembers-hashrates-profit-calculations/

neuroMode

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 03:47:30 AM

http://myriadplatform.org/development-made-easy/

MaxDZ8

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 06:40:34 AM

I tried the new version with my 7870 and used the easy settings tutorial. When all is configured and i restart the miner, i get Fatal Error: Concurrency is too high (1514888, max value is 1048576.
Whoops! Completely forgot about that. Limitation removed. Now miner will go belly up but (if you allow it to keep running) you can inspect state using the web monitor.
cryptapus

Activity: 626
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 11:16:20 AM

Myriad Dice, Coinbomb and Transparent Ponzi Games!

Play and help support Myriad development.

There are now vanity addresses for the games (the old addresses will still work, no current plans to disable them). Webpage has been altered with QR codes to make playing via the Android app easy:

http://cryptap.us/myr/dice

From this week's donated dice, coinbomb, and Ponzi game proceeds:

No donation this week, house is -6078.28671687

My bankroll keeps dwindling Smiley

Keep playing, remember that 90% of proceeds go to MYR development. Play for a good cause!

website | PGP fingerprint: 692C 0756 E57D 2FA1 7601 3729 010B 717F 231C E7AA | BTC Address: 1CrYPTB1o7QWc8hXqBMP2LtAJh1VMtTFBh
cryptapus

Activity: 626
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 11:54:43 AM

Myriad Dice, Coinbomb and Transparent Ponzi Games!

Play and help support Myriad development.

There are now vanity addresses for the games (the old addresses will still work, no current plans to disable them). Webpage has been altered with QR codes to make playing via the Android app easy:

http://cryptap.us/myr/dice

From this week's donated dice, coinbomb, and Ponzi game proceeds:

No donation this week, house is -6078.28671687

My bankroll keeps dwindling Smiley

Keep playing, remember that 90% of proceeds go to MYR development. Play for a good cause!

Edit: large increase in max dice bets, lengthened the bomb and ponzi games.

website | PGP fingerprint: 692C 0756 E57D 2FA1 7601 3729 010B 717F 231C E7AA | BTC Address: 1CrYPTB1o7QWc8hXqBMP2LtAJh1VMtTFBh
apesconcert

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 11:00:37 AM

Has the SMS wallet ever been implemented or is it still in "private beta" stage? If it's the latter, I'm going to be extremely pissed off Smiley

The SMS wallet is on "hold" until we get multisig implementation from bitcoinj. We decided to wait for this release because we do not want any form of centralization in the SMS wallet. We can give you Myriadcoin's version of VeriSMS, but your coins are in the hands of others. We want to get this right.

Good to hear. I've gone hoarse trying to explain to other people why MYR is the coin to have, I don't want my efforts to be all for nothing Smiley
usukan
Legendary

Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 07:40:51 AM

Yes I was very keen on the SMS wallet but after some research agree totally that decentralised option is the only way to go. This is the best decision to wait until this can be done.  But the Android wallet is working just fine thanks to the dev of this.

Has the SMS wallet ever been implemented or is it still in "private beta" stage? If it's the latter, I'm going to be extremely pissed off Smiley

The SMS wallet is on "hold" until we get multisig implementation from bitcoinj. We decided to wait for this release because we do not want any form of centralization in the SMS wallet. We can give you Myriadcoin's version of VeriSMS, but your coins are in the hands of others. We want to get this right.

Good to hear. I've gone hoarse trying to explain to other people why MYR is the coin to have, I don't want my efforts to be all for nothing Smiley

--

--
Pages: « 1 ... 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 [302] 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 ... 413 »
  Print  

Jump to: