Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 02:59:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can you invest in ICO in bear market?  (Read 17498 times)
acidburn14

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2018, 03:30:51 PM

Though there are still some ICO that is doing great in this bear market, I really think that investing in ICO now comes with too much risk. First, even they have great concept they might be having a hard time finding investors in this bear market also a lot of airdrop participants and bounty hunters are dumping the coins usually in decentralized exchange before the legit exchange of the token.

seo-maestro

Activity: 420
Merit: 15

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 10:55:43 PM

Even in bear market good ICOs give x2-x3 ROIs, for example Hitchain, DxChain, Metronome. But it's very difficult to find and choose such projects but I can recommend to research ICO QuickX and Spatium which will be launched soon.
andohyeb

Activity: 287
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 11:02:21 PM

In a bear market the value of ICO price becomes less and you can convert few dollars to purchase an ICO which will in later time become a good investment when there is a bull market.
Gaggy185

Activity: 437
Merit: 100

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 11:12:24 PM

In the bear market stage, investing in ICOs is risky because more than 90% of ICOs are scams. So it is better to invest in BTC and altcoins. And if long-term investment in BTC and ETH would be the best way to make a profit in the long term. Invest in ETH and hold to 2019 to earn the high profit.

AIGO
Adoption Blockchain
e-Commerce to World

..Find Us!:..

▄███▄
▀███▀

▄███▄    ▄██▄    ▄█████▄
█████    ████▄██████████▄
█████    ████████████████
█████    ███████▀  ███████
█████    █████▀      ██████
█████    █████        █████
▀███▀    ▀███▀        ▀███▀

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
patz22

Activity: 1176
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 01:01:41 AM

It is true that it is very hard to invest to an ICO with this kind of market due to the fact that big time investors would just choose to hold or probably trade to existing coins in the market.

But for me, why not both? If given a chance I will trade and all of my profits can go in investing to incoming projects as long as I see the potential of it.
jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 01:42:04 AM

The hardest time to invest is in a bear market. You end up purchasing little amount of tokens for more ETH or BTC. But it's also a good time for projects to collect good sums of money during their crowdfunding, as ETH or BTC goes up, so does the value of the funds raised.

The question now is, will you invest in ICOs, or stick with investing in market dips (buy low, hodl and wait to go up and sell), or simply trade in bear markets?

If there is a good ICO worth investing in then why not. The problem is that some ICOs would be having a hard time in collecting funds because some investors would be hesitant to invest since they can maybe buy more coins when the price goes up. If it is an interesting project though with a good product then investors would just invest in it no matter what kind of market it is. As for me, I would just take advantage of the opportunity to buy more coins then that has good fundamentals.

GreatArkansas
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1354

CoinPoker.com

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 02:32:50 AM

For me, it is good to invest in some ICO while bear market. Because the value of ethereum/btc is low, then those ICO will also base on the cheap price/current price of Bitcoin or ethereum. Because when you will invest while bull market, there is possibility that the market will dump surprise.

AlisaWhishie

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 02:39:08 AM

The only thing that can fight bearish trend is hype - you can be sure that if you invest in overhyped projects, you won't lose your money at least in a shirt term, but still you won't earn much in a long term. So succesful ICO is not about ideas and technology now, but about hype only.

superving

Activity: 938
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 02:54:34 AM

In this bear market investing into ico is not good ,but investing in some altcoins while they are down is a good option. Buy your favorite coins while they are cheap.

carriebee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 03:46:02 AM

In this bear market investing into ico is not good ,but investing in some altcoins while they are down is a good option. Buy your favorite coins while they are cheap.
It is a very risks to invest in Ico since so many failed project these days. Yes better to invest in altcoin that can provide legit project and a profitable coin. During bear market best to choose it is necessary to have the time to search which is profitable.
mboot

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 03:49:04 PM

Yes, in the bear market I recommend to invest only in the ICO related to the blockchain bacause these ICO are the most  profitable.
semiwylson

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 03:52:22 PM

Yes I do. Already invested 8k$$ in ICOs: 7000$ in Ubex and 1000$ in Ingot. Considering these ICOs as the most promising at the market as for now
prygunovpasha

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 03:53:23 PM

Yes I do. Already invested 8k$$ in ICOs: 7000$ in Ubex and 1000$ in Ingot. Considering these ICOs as the most promising at the market as for now
7k in Ubex on such a bloody market? Very risky investment. Why exactly Ubex? I guess 7k might be spread between more ICOs to diversify the risks
Davil

Activity: 238
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 03:57:13 PM

There are so many good, really promising projects that are being already developed whose price is much below their ICO price due to the bear market, I think there are better opportunities already listed for less risk than to participate in any ICOs right now.

Anyway, that's my point of view, I'm sure many will have others and a few will be able to make a good money choosing the correct ones. But, still, I see it quite difficult right now.
semiwylson

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 04:07:49 PM

7k in Ubex on such a bloody market? Very risky investment. Why exactly Ubex? I guess 7k might be spread between more ICOs to diversify the risks
Absolutely not. Moreover I have invested with 50% bonus so even If i sell for the ICO price i still will be in profit.
Nevertheless Im gonna hold tokens at least till the end of the year as the full platform will be launched in q4 this year
Aristus

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 04:16:26 PM

Buy during dip in the market,  hold and sell high when the bull run takes place is always good practice during the crisis in crypto but investing is also a good choice only so not use your bitcoin to invest. The best thing to do is to use your ethereum instead of bitcoin because when bitcoin recover it moves far than ethereum.
prygunovpasha

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 04:32:18 PM

Absolutely not. Moreover I have invested with 50% bonus so even If i sell for the ICO price i still will be in profit.
Nevertheless Im gonna hold tokens at least till the end of the year as the full platform will be launched in q4 this year
I wish I got 50% bonus..Now Only 15% bonus is available..Better then nothing but still.
However In not gonna put in 7k USD so it is okay Roll Eyes
Warbson

Activity: 69

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 04:41:28 PM

yes i can invest  in ICO in bear market , since i believe the project has great future , i can invest for long term profit , not dump and pump profit , but long term i mean 2 or 3 , 4 years.
In this condition you are not concerned by actual market situation
wumBowo

Activity: 770
Merit: 298

tozex.io

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 04:46:09 PM

have the same question, i actually wanted to invest on some ICO with this current situation, but keep try not to since myself hard to predict if it will run well when they enter the market since i ever failed on 2 ICOs before

Tozex