Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:50:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 [444] 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 ... 557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][C2.1] Coin2 | Pow/PoS | ChainOfConflict[FPS] The Future of Gaming is Now  (Read 499693 times)
oldandgrey

Activity: 357
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 11:16:26 PM

I'll discuss details with Glen and Jan. If both of them like the idea, Glen will present it to the board members obtain an approval.
By the way: I prefer certain degree of  transparency on issues and ideas discussion as as a whole within community instead of FB, except final decisions making and internal top secret agendas.

Oh! I'll also interested to persuade current Coin2 members to divide the board into 2 teams. For clearer and purpose

*Development and Research: Kalisto, N3lzon, KingsArbin, UdjinM6, Roslin
*Public Relation and Communication : Glen, Jan, Blitzy, Nrigo, Vernom..
Everyone remain same doing what they are doing. Except simplify, reduce workload and foucs one area should consider priority

Cheer

Sounds good. Also sounds like a good idea to divide the board into teams to allow them to focus better on their areas of expertise and not getting pulled into other things that can better be handled by others. Wish someone would do that for me at work Smiley

Coin2.1: UwSmkRvKBUmxQSzJ8N9T5SSy3BBeW86wS
Hyper : HVRL9P7tEfG8NBnfuk1Qo26jNsnhxHhZu8
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
42coin fever

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 11:39:43 PM
Last edit: July 02, 2014, 11:59:09 PM by 42coin fever

Let's discuss and resolve couple things mentioned above, then
we move on to next stage

Funding
Technical issues
or perhaps ...

Step by Step.

One good news: I may have my office renovated free of charge, yes doubled the size & FREE. The new insurance adjustor suspicious the drives been tempered before damage, unimaginable accusation may on my side. lol

P/S: The divided teams will be great for marketing, PR and funds raising...a professional + organized impression
nickquest

Activity: 133

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 12:50:24 AM

I agree, not sure how destroying currency like a fiat government is going to help. these coins should be used as the above. good ideas JT Smiley

Governments generally print MORE fiat money, as apposed to destroying it don't they? Coin2 has already done this. It may have been the best option available at the time, but it was done at the expense of all holders. Let's not pretend the coin is above it. Discrediting the idea of burning coins by saying it makes us any more like fiat than we already are seems like misrepresentation to me. No matter how well or poorly Coin2 does in the future, people's individual investments have less growth potential than when they bought in at 50 or 60 mill total coins.

Saying it's all irreverent because C2 value has been this low before the inflation is like looking at the weather instead of the climate. Crypto is all about perception and speculation at this point so it isn't strictly a zero sum game, but total supply is still an inescapable and persistent factor in determining the value of just about anything. Sorry if that was long winded.

About the surplus coins, I'd be all for burning them if it were a higher percentage, but I just don't think less than 10 percent will make much of a difference. Offering in game payouts just for playing is a great idea! Also let's get those bounties going.

I still think the games should burn a small percentage of coins, just like a transaction fee that nobody misses and slowly deflates the currency back to where it was, or at the very least keeps up with and counteracts POS interest. Just the fact that this is being done, regardless of the total burned at any given time, may encourage investors. They might still fear that any time this coin is attacked, every individual will be forced to pay the price to save the coin as a whole. If nothing else it serves as a symbolic act of good faith.
gts476

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 12:53:01 AM

Hi, one question...but the surplus coins ( CVeCYv39eqLGAUWe3xxMhP6gF39jgbgZ7i - 6 846 881.540817) what are?  Huh Huh

Funny you should mention this. I brought up the idea of burning some or all of the excess coins with some members of the board just this morning. They seem open to the idea. It needs some more thought obviously as there are other factors to consider i.e they may need some for a few bits of extra development and what not.

I'd be interested to hear what you all think of this idea. The board members will listen to you if you express your opinions.

Just a thought: Why not let the surplus coins stake till eternity and pay every "Chain of Conflict"-player a bounty for playing? This bounty could be based on the stake the surplus-coins generate.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the main goal to get people interested into a game that kind of "pays" you for playing? Of course people are spending coins to buy skins & weapons and will lose/win some coins by betting or even might stake more coins while playing than "just" keeping it in the wallet. But don't we need some kind of starters-kit for new users? Not everyone is willing to "buy" coins just to start playing. But if we give them some starter-coins, they might get used to the whole coin-process and might even buy some on our exchange.

My question is: Where will all these giveaway-coins come from, if not from the surplus-stake?

And of course we need lots of work to be done and for this, some bounties are needed. This is all imho and without further knowledge of the structural plans for "funding" the game.

+1000

LOWER THE BARRIER TO ENTRY!
KingArbinV
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 02:02:03 AM

Everyone, I have been reaching out to a community much much larger than our own, please show your support on this post. This in no way deters our current plans, but I think will vastly improve them. Don't just look and decide its not worth it, we have chain of conflict yes, but showing your support here could mean Unreal Tournament using Coin2 as well, I have been pm'ing with their devs all day about integrating C2 and they want to see some interest from their own community and ours.  Grin

https://forums.unrealtournament.com/showthread.php?11269-In-Game-Currency-Players-can-make-an-income-playing&p=83499#post83499

World without fiats!
Bittzy78
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1019

I do not give financial advice .. do your own DD

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 02:42:48 AM
Last edit: July 03, 2014, 03:30:33 AM by Bittzy78

Coin2 Burn Pile

I think we might be able to light a little fire in the coin price by permanently reducing the amount of C2 in circulation.

The rules are simple..

If you want to make a burn donation, simply send to this address below .

On a specified date, there will be a video made with screen recording software of the Wallet.Dat destruction.

It will then be released for public viewing.

The people handling the destruction will both be board members... King Arbin and myself.

There is no guarantee of a rise in coin price out of this, but it couldn't hurt.

Every coin destroyed will permenently reduce the Coin2 available money supply.

Public Burn Wallet Address : CbUQAPuAtXJYiNri2omTSXZt8NUyq9oYph

First Wallet.Dat destruction ceremony: Huh

Balance to be destroyed : 27,600

Total coin2 destroyed :

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░▒▒▒████████████████▒▒▒░░
░░▒▒██████████████████████▒▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒████████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒█████████▀▀▀▀███████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████▀      ▀██████▀    ▀████▒░░
░░▒██████▄        ▀██▀       ████▒░░
░░▒███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▒░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

▄                   ▄   ▄                                                        ▄
        ▀ ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄     ▄  ▄████████▄ ▄   ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██████     ▄▄██████   ████████████████   ▀▀  ██████████▀▀    ██████     ▄ ██████  ████████████████▄▄
  ██████   ███████    ▀ ██████  ██████████████████     ████████████     ███████    ▀▀██████  ████████████████▀▀
  ██████   ████████     ██████  ██████▀    ▀██████    ██████████████    ████████     ██████ ▄██████
  ██████ ▄██████████    ██████  ███████▄▄             ██████  ██████    █████████    ██████ ▀██████
▄ ██████   ██████████   ██████   ███████████▄▄       ██████    ██████   ██████████   ██████  ██████████████
▀ ██████   ███████████  ██████  ▄ ▀█████████████▄    ██████    ██████   ███████████  ██████  ██████████████  ██
  ██████   ██████ █████ ██████  ▀    ▀▀███████████  ██████      ██████  ██████ █████ ██████  ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀
  ██████ ▄ ██████  ███████████            ▀▀███████ ██████████████████  ██████  ███████████  ██████
▄ ██████ ▀ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄     ▄██████████████████████████ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀ ██████   ██████    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████ ██████    ████████████████████████████
  ██████   ██████     ████████▀█▀███████████████████████          ████████████     ████████▀▀█████████████████
  ██████   ██████      ███████    ▀▀███████████▀▀ ██████    ▄▄    ████████████      ███████
           ██████     ▄ ██████           ▄▄                 ▀▀          ██████     ▄ ██████▄▄

GET IN TOUCH              
.▬▬Announcement▬▬.
Facebook | Twitter | Discord | Insane Hub
Bittzy78
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 02:51:03 AM
Last edit: July 03, 2014, 03:21:58 AM by Bittzy78

I will get the ball rolling with the first coins on the burn pile...

NC2   25100   CbUQAPuAtXJYiNri2omTSXZt8NUyq9oYph   2014-07-03 02:41:43   COMPLETE: a4f31ab8316ac59699b163ee645b86486407404267b825ab87c04182da46c6ae

And a little bit from my main wallet also..

Date: 7/2/2014 22:16
To: CbUQAPuAtXJYiNri2omTSXZt8NUyq9oYph
Debit: -2501.00 C2
Transaction fee: -0.01 C2
Net amount: -2501.01 C2
Transaction ID: 44f4656b22c33d7fe83fad1f0da39cb1f1745e37bfb9c49c922a8ce85d133031

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

▄                   ▄   ▄                                                        ▄
        ▀ ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄     ▄  ▄████████▄ ▄   ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██████     ▄▄██████   ████████████████   ▀▀  ██████████▀▀    ██████     ▄ ██████  ████████████████▄▄
  ██████   ███████    ▀ ██████  ██████████████████     ████████████     ███████    ▀▀██████  ████████████████▀▀
  ██████   ████████     ██████  ██████▀    ▀██████    ██████████████    ████████     ██████ ▄██████
  ██████ ▄██████████    ██████  ███████▄▄             ██████  ██████    █████████    ██████ ▀██████
▄ ██████   ██████████   ██████   ███████████▄▄       ██████    ██████   ██████████   ██████  ██████████████
▀ ██████   ███████████  ██████  ▄ ▀█████████████▄    ██████    ██████   ███████████  ██████  ██████████████  ██
  ██████   ██████ █████ ██████  ▀    ▀▀███████████  ██████      ██████  ██████ █████ ██████  ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀
  ██████ ▄ ██████  ███████████            ▀▀███████ ██████████████████  ██████  ███████████  ██████
▄ ██████ ▀ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄     ▄██████████████████████████ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀ ██████   ██████    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████ ██████    ████████████████████████████
  ██████   ██████     ████████▀█▀███████████████████████          ████████████     ████████▀▀█████████████████
  ██████   ██████      ███████    ▀▀███████████▀▀ ██████    ▄▄    ████████████      ███████
           ██████     ▄ ██████           ▄▄                 ▀▀          ██████     ▄ ██████▄▄

GET IN TOUCH              
.▬▬Announcement▬▬.
Byter88

Activity: 188

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 03:00:06 AM

NC2   25100   CbUQAPuAtXJYiNri2omTSXZt8NUyq9oYph   2014-07-03 02:41:43   COMPLETE: a4f31ab8316ac59699b163ee645b86486407404267b825ab87c04182da46c6ae

What about the extra coins from the conversion? Not sure if it was talked about but some of those should be burned.
Bittzy78
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 03:06:44 AM

What about the extra coins from the conversion? Not sure if it was talked about but some of those should be burned.

I think we are gonna throw some coins from the public wallet on the burn pile...just not sure of the amount.

It will probably be pretty low during the first round of burns.

Bittzy78

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

GET IN TOUCH              
.▬▬Announcement▬▬.
nickquest

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 03:24:50 AM

Coin2 Burn Pile

I think we might be able to light a little fire in the coin price by permanently reducing the amount of C2 in circulation.

The rules are simple..

On a specified date, there will be a video made with screen recording software of the Wallet.Dat destruction.

The people handling the destruction will both be board members... King Arbin and myself.

There is no guarantee of a rise in coin price out of this, but it couldn't hurt.

First Wallet.Dat destruction ceremony: Wednesday July 9th, 2014

Balance to be destroyed : 25,100

Total coin2 destroyed :

I'm afraid a lot of people will be leery of donating to a voluntary coin burn fund. Nobody wants to be the sucker giving up money while others sit around and reap the benefits. That's why I think it would be better if it were burned in a painless constant way like small ongoing game transaction fees that add up over time. I also think it's a bit much to ask the very same people who ate the cost of the last attack in percentage loss to now donate their already devalued coins to try and raise the price back to where it was before the inflation. Am I being too cynical about this?

If you are really serous about burning some of the surplus coins, I think it should be done FIRST as a test to see if it has any effect at all before asking people to put their own personal C2 on the fire. Just my opinion.
coin loves

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 03:28:44 AM

nice coin  Cool
KingArbinV
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 03:43:21 AM

Coin2 Burn Pile

The rules are simple..

First Wallet.Dat destruction ceremony: TONIGHT

Balance to be destroyed : 25,100

Total coin2 destroyed :

I'm afraid a lot of people will be leery of donating to a voluntary coin burn fund. Nobody wants to be the sucker giving up money while others sit around and reap the benefits. That's why I think it would be better if it were burned in a painless constant way like small ongoing game transaction fees that add up over time. I also think it's a bit much to ask the very same people who ate the cost of the last attack in percentage loss to now donate their already devalued coins to try and raise the price back to where it was before the inflation. Am I being too cynical about this?

If you are really serous about burning some of the surplus coins, I think it should be done FIRST as a test to see if it has any effect at all before asking people to put their own personal C2 on the fire. Just my opinion.

Nickquest I already deleted the wallet, I'll be uploading and posting a video link to youtube of the EPIC deletion.

Also to everyone else F*** you guys for not supporting my unreal tournament endevor.. we do what you want but when is this community gonna actually grow some B***s and fight to get word out there.. 3 hours since I posted to their forums and I spent all day talking to their devs about integrating coin2 and all they ask is to see that people would support the idea and no one has done anything.

World without fiats!
thilon

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 03:50:34 AM

Coin2 Burn Pile

The rules are simple..

First Wallet.Dat destruction ceremony: Huh

Balance to be destroyed : 27,600

Total coin2 destroyed :

Once the game is released, so people will be using Coin2 to buy items from the game.It can destroy more and more Coin2 which receive from the players.The devs only do one thing that shows how many Coin2 are burnt and how many coin2 are supplied everyday on a website.
Ximp

Activity: 336

CS Student - BC Logo Guy

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 03:52:32 AM

We can just make a burn wallet that is unusable like c2asdadsasdasdasdx123sad that passes the wallet testing but isn't going to be generated.
nickquest

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 03:56:05 AM

Nickquest I already deleted the wallet, I'll be uploading and posting a video link to youtube of the EPIC deletion.

Also to everyone else F*** you guys for not supporting my unreal tournament endevor.. we do what you want but when is this community gonna actually grow some B***s and fight to get word out there.. 3 hours since I posted to their forums and I spent all day talking to their devs about integrating coin2 and all they ask is to see that people would support the idea and no one has done anything.

I think that's a very good idea. I haven't played Unreal Tournament in ages. What should I do to support it?
KingArbinV
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 04:00:29 AM

I think that's a very good idea. I haven't played Unreal Tournament in ages. What should I do to support it?

Everyone, I have been reaching out to a community much much larger than our own, please show your support on this post. This in no way deters our current plans, but I think will vastly improve them. Don't just look and decide its not worth it, we have chain of conflict yes, but showing your support here could mean Unreal Tournament using Coin2 as well, I have been pm'ing with their devs all day about integrating C2 and they want to see some interest from their own community and ours.  Grin

https://forums.unrealtournament.com/showthread.php?11269-In-Game-Currency-Players-can-make-an-income-playing&p=83499#post83499

That ^^^

Go there, sign up, link back to my post on this link and tell them what u think, theres already 2 people saying money in games is a bad idea.. but to be honest... they have no vision, hundreds of thousands of people would love to make an income playing a game.

World without fiats!
jw_industry

Activity: 327

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 04:58:11 AM

zyronx
Legendary

Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 06:03:11 AM
Last edit: July 03, 2014, 06:19:22 AM by zyronx

I just got home. I commented on the Unreal thread Smiley

Wolf_of_Wallstreet

Activity: 181

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 06:20:05 AM

nice  Smiley

I created a shirt, too...

zyronx
Legendary

Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 06:38:49 AM

Cool shirts,  I think the url is changing. I'm still confused. so that might not work anymore. hopefully they will redirect so they still work.
Pages: « 1 ... 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 [444] 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 ... 557 »
  Print  

Jump to: