Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:06:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][C2.1] Coin2 | Pow/PoS | ChainOfConflict[FPS] The Future of Gaming is Now  (Read 499689 times)
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 12:15:40 AM

Coin2 is only speculation and words. Another coin more that will die soon, all of us know that. That's my personal opinion
If you mine the coin, there is no community, just some guys who mine the coin and then sell it. But if you somehow premine the coin, you need the community to distribute the coin then. So while the mined coin without community support dies easily, premined coins with supporting community survive

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
joel511 (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 12:32:39 AM

Coin2 is only speculation and words. Another coin more that will die soon, all of us know that. That's my personal opinion
If you mine the coin, there is no community, just some guys who mine the coin and then sell it. But if you somehow premine the coin, you need the community to distribute the coin then. So while the mined coin without community support dies easily, premined coins with supporting community survive

I sent you 100C2 and did you just defend us?^^  WELCOME TO C2 SIR!  HAHA  Smiley
Bittzy78
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1019

I do not give financial advice .. do your own DD

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 01:59:00 AM

Hello board,

Since Coin2 would now be considered a top 100 coin, I have created a child board off of the Other Cryptocurrencies board over at Coinzen for it.

This thread is going to become long and convoluted as the days and weeks go on and might make it difficult for new people to find what they are looking for.
(The very same thing happened to the Devcoin official thread)

A simple solution would be to make posts about specific subjects on the Coin2 Coinzen board and then link to them on posts from this board.

Just an idea..

http://coinzen.org/index.php/board,95.0.html

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░▒▒▒████████████████▒▒▒░░
░░▒▒██████████████████████▒▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒████████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒█████████▀▀▀▀███████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████▀      ▀██████▀    ▀████▒░░
░░▒██████▄        ▀██▀       ████▒░░
░░▒███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▒░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

▄                   ▄   ▄                                                        ▄
        ▀ ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄     ▄  ▄████████▄ ▄   ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██████     ▄▄██████   ████████████████   ▀▀  ██████████▀▀    ██████     ▄ ██████  ████████████████▄▄
  ██████   ███████    ▀ ██████  ██████████████████     ████████████     ███████    ▀▀██████  ████████████████▀▀
  ██████   ████████     ██████  ██████▀    ▀██████    ██████████████    ████████     ██████ ▄██████
  ██████ ▄██████████    ██████  ███████▄▄             ██████  ██████    █████████    ██████ ▀██████
▄ ██████   ██████████   ██████   ███████████▄▄       ██████    ██████   ██████████   ██████  ██████████████
▀ ██████   ███████████  ██████  ▄ ▀█████████████▄    ██████    ██████   ███████████  ██████  ██████████████  ██
  ██████   ██████ █████ ██████  ▀    ▀▀███████████  ██████      ██████  ██████ █████ ██████  ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀
  ██████ ▄ ██████  ███████████            ▀▀███████ ██████████████████  ██████  ███████████  ██████
▄ ██████ ▀ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄     ▄██████████████████████████ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀ ██████   ██████    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████ ██████    ████████████████████████████
  ██████   ██████     ████████▀█▀███████████████████████          ████████████     ████████▀▀█████████████████
  ██████   ██████      ███████    ▀▀███████████▀▀ ██████    ▄▄    ████████████      ███████
           ██████     ▄ ██████           ▄▄                 ▀▀          ██████     ▄ ██████▄▄

GET IN TOUCH              
.▬▬Announcement▬▬.
Facebook | Twitter | Discord | Insane Hub
jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 02:11:44 AM

Ok guys, I am home from work and I want to give everyone an update.  Last night, I was waiting for Bter to go live.  At about 1:00am I decided it was time to go to bed.  I woke at about 6:30am and checked Bter, then the forum, and then the pool.  AHHHHHH! The server is setup to run a few cronjobs(linux term for automated task) every minute.  I also have a few other tasks that I carry out once a day.  At somepoint, a cronjob stopped working which shuts down the pool.  This is a security feature that functioned better than I actually intended.  Needless to say the pool went offline.  I was unaware since I was sleeping.  It took about 5 min for me to get it back up and running, but as most of you know, txs were stuck for a period of time.  Without miners, txs will not confirm.  Everything is working great now, but we need to avoid this from happening again.  I would like two things:

1. For someone to start a backup pool using MPOS.
2. For everyone to understand how to solo mine, should this ever happen again.  

SOLO MINING TUTORIAL:
1.If you go to your wallet, you will see a tab labeled Help, click it!
2.Click Debug window
3.Click on console
4.Type setgenerate true 8 or setgenerate true 16 - this is for dual core computer - if you have quad, six, or eight you can even type 32
5. Type getmininginfo and you should see a number next to hashpersec, this is your hashrate.
6. Your are now mining the blockchain Smiley

Good information to have ..

Two things ..

#1 how do you stop mining without closing the client?

#2 Could you please put that on page #1 of this thread?

Smiley

looks like it was posted but.. as far as i know the number after true is per thread.  if you have a quad core with hyperthreading anything over 8 will not increase hash per sec.  when i cpu mine with 12 threads i use setgenerate true 11 to leave 1 thread for other the rest of the system available Smiley  Anyways to stop it without closing the client type;
set generate false
then verify by following with;
get mining info
last tip, "set generate true -1" should start it with the maximum cores/threads your machine can devote to it Cheesy

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
Rraider

Activity: 180

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 02:19:36 AM

How can I get such-and-such coin listed on Poloniex?
Send an email to poloniex@gmail.com and tell us about your coin. There is no set of rules, but we like to see evidence of the developers' dedication to the project, community interest, and, more than anything, innovation. If your coin is truly innovative in some way, it is more or less guaranteed to be accepted by Poloniex. We do NOT list coins that use the image or name of an unconsenting celebrity or public figure.
joel511 (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 02:20:32 AM

Ok guys, I am home from work and I want to give everyone an update.  Last night, I was waiting for Bter to go live.  At about 1:00am I decided it was time to go to bed.  I woke at about 6:30am and checked Bter, then the forum, and then the pool.  AHHHHHH! The server is setup to run a few cronjobs(linux term for automated task) every minute.  I also have a few other tasks that I carry out once a day.  At somepoint, a cronjob stopped working which shuts down the pool.  This is a security feature that functioned better than I actually intended.  Needless to say the pool went offline.  I was unaware since I was sleeping.  It took about 5 min for me to get it back up and running, but as most of you know, txs were stuck for a period of time.  Without miners, txs will not confirm.  Everything is working great now, but we need to avoid this from happening again.  I would like two things:

SOLO MINING TUTORIAL:
2.Click Debug window
3.Click on console
4.Type setgenerate true 8 or setgenerate true 16 - this is for dual core computer - if you have quad, six, or eight you can even type 32
5. Type getmininginfo and you should see a number next to hashpersec, this is your hashrate.

Good information to have ..

Two things ..

#1 how do you stop mining without closing the client?

#2 Could you please put that on page #1 of this thread?

Smiley

looks like it was posted but.. as far as i know the number after true is per thread.  if you have a quad core with hyperthreading anything over 8 will not increase hash per sec.  when i cpu mine with 12 threads i use setgenerate true 11 to leave 1 thread for other the rest of the system available Smiley  Anyways to stop it without closing the client type;
set generate false
then verify by following with;
get mining info
last tip, "set generate true -1" should start it with the maximum cores/threads your machine can devote to it Cheesy
I never knew that -1 did that....cool....+1
joel511 (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 02:22:09 AM
Last edit: March 12, 2014, 02:39:39 AM by joel511

How can I get such-and-such coin listed on Poloniex?
Send an email to poloniex@gmail.com and tell us about your coin. There is no set of rules, but we like to see evidence of the developers' dedication to the project, community interest, and, more than anything, innovation. If your coin is truly innovative in some way, it is more or less guaranteed to be accepted by Poloniex. We do NOT list coins that use the image or name of an unconsenting celebrity or public figure.

I sent an email.  Well see what happens Smiley
42coin fever

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 03:01:07 AM

OK folks. It's time to focus on other C2 progression instead of exchanges since C2 already has 4. We need some vol concentration instead of all over the place. Unless there is an exchange with high daily users with high trades vol. wants C2 in as an additional product, we will in. Otherwise should move on to marketing, exposure and public relation phase. I suppose many geeks in here can easily achieve the task thru online tweeter, FB, and any other social media. That would  take some workload off Joel and let him doing what he think should be done before we burn him out. lol.

Shall we?
Bittzy78
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 03:11:24 AM
Last edit: March 12, 2014, 03:48:47 AM by Bittzy78

OK folks. It's time to focus on other C2 progression instead of exchanges since C2 already has 4. We need some vol concentration instead of all over the place. Unless there is an exchange with high daily users with high trades vol. wants C2 in as an additional product, we will in. Otherwise should move on to marketing, exposure and public relation phase. I suppose many geeks in here can easily achieve the task thru online tweeter, FB, and any other social media. That would  take some workload off Joel and let him doing what he think should be done before we burn him out. lol.

Shall we?

Um, being on as many exchanges as possible is probably the best way to further C2 progression at this point. What better exposure could there be than getting the coin in front of traders 24 hours a day who are active members of the crypto community?

We should probably just do what everyone else does at this point and offer bounties for creating websites that offer simple games of chance involving C2. They could be dice, numbers guessing etc. The sites usually offer a referral program and people advertise your coin for you in order to get parts of pennies in crypto.

You could spend many $$$$ on an Adsense advertising campaign and not get the same results of one C2 dice game website with a referral program.

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

▄                   ▄   ▄                                                        ▄
        ▀ ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄     ▄  ▄████████▄ ▄   ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██████     ▄▄██████   ████████████████   ▀▀  ██████████▀▀    ██████     ▄ ██████  ████████████████▄▄
  ██████   ███████    ▀ ██████  ██████████████████     ████████████     ███████    ▀▀██████  ████████████████▀▀
  ██████   ████████     ██████  ██████▀    ▀██████    ██████████████    ████████     ██████ ▄██████
  ██████ ▄██████████    ██████  ███████▄▄             ██████  ██████    █████████    ██████ ▀██████
▄ ██████   ██████████   ██████   ███████████▄▄       ██████    ██████   ██████████   ██████  ██████████████
▀ ██████   ███████████  ██████  ▄ ▀█████████████▄    ██████    ██████   ███████████  ██████  ██████████████  ██
  ██████   ██████ █████ ██████  ▀    ▀▀███████████  ██████      ██████  ██████ █████ ██████  ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀
  ██████ ▄ ██████  ███████████            ▀▀███████ ██████████████████  ██████  ███████████  ██████
▄ ██████ ▀ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄     ▄██████████████████████████ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀ ██████   ██████    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████ ██████    ████████████████████████████
  ██████   ██████     ████████▀█▀███████████████████████          ████████████     ████████▀▀█████████████████
  ██████   ██████      ███████    ▀▀███████████▀▀ ██████    ▄▄    ████████████      ███████
           ██████     ▄ ██████           ▄▄                 ▀▀          ██████     ▄ ██████▄▄

GET IN TOUCH              
.▬▬Announcement▬▬.
joel511 (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 03:40:08 AM

Yes, I agree with you both.  Marketing is huge right now.  We have a lot of volume but no swings in price.  We need to get interest spiked.  Bittzy if you think a game is the way to go, I will look into it and see what steps to take.  About taking the workload off of me a bit.  YESSS PLEASSE!   Smiley  I am going to hit the hay.  Pool was just stress tested and upgraded, and looks to be 100%.  We have been seeing peaks in trading volume at 3am EST US.  I am always sleeping then and I miss the action.  Well see what today brings.  If anyone has any questions or concerns, please feel free to message me.  Gnight everyone.  WE ARE ALMOST THERE!
42coin fever

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 03:52:38 AM

Bittzy idea sounds great to me..lets do it. Need more folks input.
drakoin

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

see my profile

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 07:31:10 AM

About fair distribution: You can NOW still do something about it.
Post to your own facebook page, your blog, into a mass email, that you are giving away a new cryptocurrency.

One of the 4 friends who I could inspire to get the starterpack came up with a cool idea:
He sends out x coins, and if the recipient is able to distribute it all, he doubles and sends 2*x coins.

For me, coin2 is an amazing lever, to get more people interested. To exchange wallet addresses, to connect. Just yesterday, I passed on some coins to a sixth friend. I had visited him, I used the opportunity to install coin2, and give a quick intro. 

To also have them experience an exchange, I suggested to sell 10% while the price had a peak. Selling is distribution, too. And my friends now have some crypto starting capital to play with.

But it's mainly that people pick up this new topic, and without danger of loss because the starterkit came as a gift.

Thanks again, coin2!

What's next? How to make it useful now? Sales sites, payment processing, tipbots, gambling, apps ...

no sign of a signature
EBK1000
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

A Wound in Eternity

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 09:20:28 AM

Please give me some coins:
RxdvvxBt9LL7FidduJahxqtEaSD7G7TVW5

Soooooooon...............
atleticofa

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 09:39:18 AM

About fair distribution: You can NOW still do something about it.
Post to your own facebook page, your blog, into a mass email, that you are giving away a new cryptocurrency.

One of the 4 friends who I could inspire to get the starterpack came up with a cool idea:
He sends out x coins, and if the recipient is able to distribute it all, he doubles and sends 2*x coins.

For me, coin2 is an amazing lever, to get more people interested. To exchange wallet addresses, to connect. Just yesterday, I passed on some coins to a sixth friend. I had visited him, I used the opportunity to install coin2, and give a quick intro. 

To also have them experience an exchange, I suggested to sell 10% while the price had a peak. Selling is distribution, too. And my friends now have some crypto starting capital to play with.

But it's mainly that people pick up this new topic, and without danger of loss because the starterkit came as a gift.

Thanks again, coin2!

What's next? How to make it useful now? Sales sites, payment processing, tipbots, gambling, apps ...

You speak about C2 like if C2 were Bitcoin. And it's not.
badam

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 09:45:26 AM

Coin2 at Coinmarketcap yay Grin
badam

Activity: 770

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 09:59:56 AM

Coin2 at Coinmarketcap yay Grin

how long ago?

Just now:-)
filchef

Activity: 137

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 10:08:50 AM
Last edit: March 12, 2014, 10:50:13 AM by filchef

SOLO MINING TUTORIAL:
2.Click Debug window
3.Click on console

This work but you have to first start solo miming from main button solo mining - start solo mining.From here yo can start or stop your solo mining one time you setgenerete.And when you put the mouse over mining icon you can see your real hashpersec.
Bittzy78
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 10:14:55 AM

Right above Premine .. Smiley

http://coinmarketcap.com/

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

GET IN TOUCH              
.▬▬Announcement▬▬.
ScroogeD

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

█ Scrooge D Silver █

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 10:20:01 AM

Wow, congratulations, you surpassed Premine.  Shocked
The distribution of Premine was fairly unbalanced.
Keep up your good work!

BTC & LTC #DOGE #DRK #HUC #VTC
Blacklist #Maxcoin - Amateur Devs with ignorant JP Morgan Keiser
zsnorbi

Activity: 686

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 10:33:41 AM

Coool. Congrats Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 557 »
  Print  

Jump to: