Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 10:21:13 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 [308] 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 ... 557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][C2.1] Coin2 | Pow/PoS | ChainOfConflict[FPS] The Future of Gaming is Now  (Read 499702 times)
brightlight
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 08:16:38 AM

Still waiting for news from devs - come on guys, make us happier Grin Tongue

How often do you want news. This coin is not Dev's primary job!

Read OP!!!
alanpar

Activity: 382
Merit: 261

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 09:01:24 AM

no more surplus, please.

+1
Glen Hoddle

Activity: 452
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 09:12:24 AM

no one will dump I assure you that, the wallets will be distributted into 3 wallets and will be held by 3 trusted board members, like everyone else here we will promise not to dump, maybe sign an agreement with Joel etc...

So a decentralized currency designed to enable commerce without the need for a trusted third party which needs the implicit and absolute trust in third parties?

Im SOOO close to walking away after comments like this....What do you suggest then?  People keep all their money on exchanges that don't stake, and other people complain that the stake interest is too high.  I cant please everyone. I have a full time job and I am at my tipping point.    

Are you serious? Do you think a real world job working for someone else has the potential to be as big as this project? Fucking nickelling and diming for some multi-national faceless conglomerate.

People have been working their arses off on the game, promoting the coin to others and putting their reputations on the line because we have faith in you. And after a valid comment from a knowledgeable contributor you come out with a line like that? You're sooooo close to walking away?

You have a full time job? Why did you start this whole thing if your full time job means so much to you? Maybe I was just gullible when I believed all your rhetoric in the beginning. Shame on me I guess.

I'm really pissed off right now after reading that I'll be honest. I hope this was just a throwaway comment because you're pissed off and under pressure.

I hope it was and I hope we don't hear it again. There are people waiting for the dust to clear here with serious money waiting to invest based on what we have been saying about this coin's potential and the dev team's dedication and this sort of thing is not going to fill them with confidence.

42coin fever

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2014, 09:17:21 AM

I wonder if the coin2 relaunch date been set? It would be appreciated if someone or dev team or committee members help post it in Coin2talk announcement area when ready?  

I hope Joel and team will take their times to ensure as hack proof as possible this time. Plus a more transparent wallet on reserved fund for future dev related needs.

We are currently way too busy to set up a network of retail store moneygram startup and a nightclub in Montreal
mexox

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 09:19:56 AM

c2 don't cry ,C2 strong ! Smiley
brightlight
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 09:54:52 AM

no one will dump I assure you that, the wallets will be distributted into 3 wallets and will be held by 3 trusted board members, like everyone else here we will promise not to dump, maybe sign an agreement with Joel etc...

So a decentralized currency designed to enable commerce without the need for a trusted third party which needs the implicit and absolute trust in third parties?

Im SOOO close to walking away after comments like this....What do you suggest then?  People keep all their money on exchanges that don't stake, and other people complain that the stake interest is too high.  I cant please everyone. I have a full time job and I am at my tipping point.    

Are you serious? Do you think a real world job working for someone else has the potential to be as big as this project? Fucking nickelling and diming for some multi-national faceless conglomerate.

People have been working their arses off on the game, promoting the coin to others and putting their reputations on the line because we have faith in you. And after a valid comment from a knowledgeable contributor you come out with a line like that? You're sooooo close to walking away?

You have a full time job? Why did you start this whole thing if your full time job means so much to you? Maybe I was just gullible when I believed all your rhetoric in the beginning. Shame on me I guess.

I'm really pissed off right now after reading that I'll be honest. I hope this was just a throwaway comment because you're pissed off and under pressure.

I hope it was and I hope we don't hear it again. There are people waiting for the dust to clear here with serious money waiting to invest based on what we have been saying about this coin's potential and the dev team's dedication and this sort of thing is not going to fill them with confidence.

People must pay bills, Financially support family. What are you angry at? Joel came up with his announcement that he is finishing up a code in a very short time after attack. Then there comes critics! How he could act to those? Swallow everything? I don't think so...
We should be thankful for dev like Joel!
dotcoin.info

Activity: 686
Merit: 252

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 09:57:33 AM

People must pay bills, Financially support family. What are you angry at? Joel came up with his announcement that he is finishing up a code in a very short time after attack. Then there comes critics! How he could act to those? Swallow everything? I don't think so...
We should be thankful for dev like Joel!

let's ignore all noises. just wait for updates from devs.

i think we are just close to solution.

Oto3

Activity: 195
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 10:21:52 AM

I think that making extra 30M coins for securing the network is a bad bad bad idea. That means centralization and creating a single weak point in the system. What happens if the computer staking those 30M coins is hacked? Given enough motivation computers get hacked all the time.

There are better alternatives for securing the network. Do you know about proof of transaction like in Fluttercoin? Maybe its better to base 3rd generation C2 on Fluttercoin?

The reason why attacker was able to obtain sufficiently big amount of staking coins was because of the way transition from old C2 to NC2 was made through exchanges. At one point all the coins were moved to exchanges and because people are lazy they didn't withdrew to their wallets. People need more motivation for staking. If 30% was not enough motivation do you think 5% will be better? Make it 50% or more! Look at  TekCoin (500%) - people have trouble buying coins on exchanges because most of the coins are in the personal wallets staking. Thats some motivation!
fightfear

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 10:24:01 AM

Hi all,
I agree that Mintpal should take responsibility for the losses. It is their negligence that lead to this mess.
Holding up the withdrawals and demanding the payment from the developers under duress is illegal. They can't hide behind their t&c's either. I don't think it would be particularly good for their business if they insist on this solution.

Regarding the future of this project and possible release of non-tradeable "B class" coins (to prevent future attacks), I would support that idea. I know it may not seem ideal to put so much faith, in what are effectively strangers, but majority of investments will require a considerable amount of trust in people we've never met - it comes with the territory. Safety is a priority, so if that's what it takes to make sure this doesn't happen again, than so be it. I don't think we should rely on people keeping the coins in their wallets - that would not be very wise (especially after it was proven not to be a good idea)

If I was uncomfortable with accepting this solution I'd sell and move on but that's just me.
There already has to be trust in the board to deliver what they promised for anyone to invest in the first place, so I don't quite understand why it creates so much friction. There are undoubtedly many ways in which investors could be screwed over here, so if people think that that's what the BOD is up to, then they should perhaps look for a different investment, where they wouldn't have those worries.

We have to remember that it is those guys that are doing ALL the work that may potentially make us rich one day (and would get nothing in return from us for it). A little respect would not go amiss.

I'd also like to thank the board for taking this project so far and for the way they are trying to deal with this issue. I think you guys are doing a great job and I am grateful to have an opportunity to be a part of this. Please don't take too much notice of the abuse you may be getting on the boards - it's just the way it works, and there's nothing anyone can do about it. That unfortunately also comes with the territory.

dotcoin.info

Activity: 686
Merit: 252

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 10:25:23 AM

I think that making extra 30M coins for securing the network is a bad bad bad idea. That means centralization and creating a single weak point in the system. What happens if the computer staking those 30M coins is hacked? Given enough motivation computers get hacked all the time.

There are better alternatives for securing the network. Do you know about proof of transaction like in Fluttercoin? Maybe its better to base 3rd generation C2 on Fluttercoin?

The reason why attacker was able to obtain sufficiently big amount of staking coins was because of the way transition from old C2 to NC2 was made through exchanges. At one point all the coins were moved to exchanges and because people are lazy they didn't withdrew to their wallets. People need more motivation for staking. If 30% was not enough motivation do you think 5% will be better? Make it 50% or more! Look at  TekCoin (500%) - people have trouble buying coins on exchanges because most of the coins are in the personal wallets staking. Thats some motivation!

dev already abandoned that idea.

PLEASE JUST READ BACK FEW PAGES!

gts476

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 10:58:37 AM

Lo all.

So code fix to remove PoW blocks and go 100% PoS?

Wolf_of_Wallstreet

Activity: 181

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 11:14:39 AM

also the blocks are way past 50k now. so that is why he nneds to fix the index. its stuck.

or he may need to let us know if it actually says unsynced in this wallet.  if it doesn't show. then he is fine and the coins should move back.  I'm confused now. I'm done trying to help for now. need more info.

That's my fault, and I apologize. Apparently I misunderstood what he was saying. He was talking about not syncing, but then brought up the fact that his client was minting. He really should have posted that more clearly.

I apologize for the whole problem that wasn't even one. Issues solved, everything is working just fine  Grin
thanks for quick response guys, this is what i like *thumbs up*
gts476

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 12:40:09 PM

Happy days!

So to recap:

1 to 1 trade into new c2 @ 5% interest p.a. for minting and (obviously) 60mil max supply

No worries.
c2swap

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 01:12:58 PM

Happy days!

So to recap:

1 to 1 trade into new c2 @ 5% interest p.a. for minting and (obviously) 60mil max supply

No worries.

Really? https://github.com/coin2-project/Coin2.0/commit/16e921c62b4352d66bf1c74e83213318b5463cc3
-        nSubsidy = 60000000 * COIN;   // 60 million coins, that all pow coins
+        nSubsidy = 64000000 * COIN;   // 60 million coins, that all pow coins

Btw, https://github.com/coin2-project/Coin2.0/commit/5ab04f1a2f0d577761eb57d2556009e22104b5c5
-static const int LAST_POW_BLOCK = 10000;
+static const int LAST_POW_BLOCK = 2;
Quote from: main.cpp
unsigned int nStakeMinAge = 60 * 60 * 24 * 1; // minimum age for coin age: 1d
This won't work. After PoW end we'll have to wait 1 day for the 3rd block (PoS), then 1 more day for 4,5, 1 more day for 6,7,8,9...
10 days just to set up the network (1440 blocks per day).
UdjinM6
Legendary

Activity: 1318
Merit: 1040

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2014, 01:14:53 PM

Happy days!

So to recap:

No worries.

no 5%, not yet
Code:
int64 GetProofOfStakeReward(int64 nCoinAge, unsigned int nBits, unsigned int nTime, int nHeight)
{
    int64 nRewardCoinYear;
nRewardCoinYear = MAX_MINT_PROOF_OF_STAKE;

if(nHeight < YEARLY_BLOCKCOUNT)
nRewardCoinYear = 30 * MAX_MINT_PROOF_OF_STAKE;
else if(nHeight < (2 * YEARLY_BLOCKCOUNT))
nRewardCoinYear = 20 * MAX_MINT_PROOF_OF_STAKE;
else if(nHeight < (3 * YEARLY_BLOCKCOUNT))
nRewardCoinYear = 10 * MAX_MINT_PROOF_OF_STAKE;
else if(nHeight < (4 * YEARLY_BLOCKCOUNT))
nRewardCoinYear = 5 * MAX_MINT_PROOF_OF_STAKE;
else if(nHeight < (5 * YEARLY_BLOCKCOUNT))
nRewardCoinYear = 2 * MAX_MINT_PROOF_OF_STAKE;

int64 nSubsidy = nCoinAge * nRewardCoinYear / 365;
if (fDebug && GetBoolArg("-printcreation"))
        printf("GetProofOfStakeReward(): create=%s nCoinAge=%"PRI64d" nBits=%d\n", FormatMoney(nSubsidy).c_str(), nCoinAge, nBits);

return nSubsidy;
}

he is working on something and
Code:
        nSubsidy = 64000000 * COIN;	// 60 million coins, that all pow coins

64 mil now, and according to getinfo we have now
Code:
 "moneysupply" : 61120140.07923700,

64 is to cover what is already staked and ... I don't know, maybe still few mil to stake forever Wink

DASH: XsV4GHVKGTjQFvwB7c6mYsGV3Mxf7iser6
pagona

Activity: 676
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 01:35:05 PM

this one is for you joel, play it over and over, breathe those words

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwfhH8yDZQo

life is amazing
42coin fever

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2014, 02:37:26 PM
Last edit: May 20, 2014, 03:00:38 PM by 42coin fever

Regardless what, a public wallet or a few public wallet under the custodian of Dev or Spread amount Dev & team, is a great idea. One busted and the other still alive. If the host wallet server/PC been hacked, should help secure the coins.
I also interested to see those wallets will committed certain percentage to sell/market at set target prices at above 250% , 500%, 1000% on monthly average priices ( adjust on monthly basis). Once sold, those funds will be placed at buy order at reverse percentage ( fixed & based on sold price ) as support price to help stability and discourage price manipulation also as another layer of security to build a fence of possible similar kind of attack The wide average target vs  support buy back average wouldn't affect swing and day traders.

The system works for me in Btrex , Bittrex, and other coins in Poloniex and Mintpal, etc
cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 02:47:58 PM

I'm sorry but adding coins is a non sense...

I don't even understand why we do have to pay for MintPal greed...

Mintpal has to run a business, it's totally understandable that they simply can't just bail out every victim of a coin that was under attack in some way. They are in the same learning-process as we are with weekly hyped altcoins and all this different attacks for every damn coin any given time.

To me it looks like they are doing their best. I still hope Mintpal will keep nc2/nc3 after the transition, because I never had problems with their plattform and they can manage volume better than other exchanges. They obviously are on their way to the top and should have such a unique coin like c2/c3 in their portfolio.

this time simply make it C2.
UdjinM6
Legendary

Activity: 1318
Merit: 1040

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2014, 02:49:56 PM

I'm sorry but adding coins is a non sense...

I don't even understand why we do have to pay for MintPal greed...

Mintpal has to run a business, it's totally understandable that they simply can't just bail out every victim of a coin that was under attack in some way. They are in the same learning-process as we are with weekly hyped altcoins and all this different attacks for every damn coin any given time.

To me it looks like they are doing their best. I still hope Mintpal will keep nc2/nc3 after the transition, because I never had problems with their plattform and they can manage volume better than other exchanges. They obviously are on their way to the top and should have such a unique coin like c2/c3 in their portfolio.
I love mintpal too and they are mostly doing great so far. I'm really happy to move there from Cryptsy. But why would I pay for their learning process? When I do mistakes trading unwisely I'm paying with my own money for that. I guess they should pay for their mistake by themselves too.

Just my 2 c2 Wink

DASH: XsV4GHVKGTjQFvwB7c6mYsGV3Mxf7iser6
fushy

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 03:09:33 PM

Yeah we'll it's obvious mintpal is the winner. Cryptsy is dead it has no future
Pages: « 1 ... 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 [308] 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 ... 557 »
  Print  

Jump to: