Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 12:57:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 [309] 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 ... 557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][C2.1] Coin2 | Pow/PoS | ChainOfConflict[FPS] The Future of Gaming is Now  (Read 499702 times)
gts476

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 03:23:03 PM

Happy days!

So to recap:

1 to 1 trade into new c2 @ 5% interest p.a. for minting and (obviously) 60mil max supply

No worries.

no 5%, not yet
Code:
int64 GetProofOfStakeReward(int64 nCoinAge, unsigned int nBits, unsigned int nTime, int nHeight)
{
    int64 nRewardCoinYear;
nRewardCoinYear = MAX_MINT_PROOF_OF_STAKE;

if(nHeight < YEARLY_BLOCKCOUNT)
nRewardCoinYear = 30 * MAX_MINT_PROOF_OF_STAKE;
else if(nHeight < (2 * YEARLY_BLOCKCOUNT))
nRewardCoinYear = 20 * MAX_MINT_PROOF_OF_STAKE;
else if(nHeight < (3 * YEARLY_BLOCKCOUNT))
nRewardCoinYear = 10 * MAX_MINT_PROOF_OF_STAKE;
else if(nHeight < (4 * YEARLY_BLOCKCOUNT))
nRewardCoinYear = 5 * MAX_MINT_PROOF_OF_STAKE;
else if(nHeight < (5 * YEARLY_BLOCKCOUNT))
nRewardCoinYear = 2 * MAX_MINT_PROOF_OF_STAKE;

int64 nSubsidy = nCoinAge * nRewardCoinYear / 365;
if (fDebug && GetBoolArg("-printcreation"))
        printf("GetProofOfStakeReward(): create=%s nCoinAge=%"PRI64d" nBits=%d\n", FormatMoney(nSubsidy).c_str(), nCoinAge, nBits);

return nSubsidy;
}

he is working on something and
Code:
        nSubsidy = 64000000 * COIN;	// 60 million coins, that all pow coins

64 mil now, and according to getinfo we have now
Code:
 "moneysupply" : 61120140.07923700,

64 is to cover what is already staked and ... I don't know, maybe still few mil to stake forever Wink

cool! so is this what c++ looks like?

just had my c programming skills exam yesterday fucking can't believe I can read this!

hedywsd

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 03:35:28 PM

wait for the new new coin2 Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed
I still love the original name , c2 is better.

dice83

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 03:40:39 PM

Personally, I don't like the 2.0 designation within the name...

As a first time investor, I feel like it would make me think "Uhhh, what happened to the first version that made there need to be a second?"
42coin fever

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2014, 03:42:13 PM

Wish the new WALLET has a feature to recycle data particular folder once 100 gig limit to prevent killing the Hard drive storage capacity.
SixMinuGopl

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 04:11:44 PM

we should keep the wallet in safe~ dont occur this error again!
oldandgrey

Activity: 357
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 04:27:25 PM

Trying to get the C2 wallet working but having problems - client showing 0 active connections to Coin 2.0 network and wallet out of sync.
Wonder if anyone would assist (go easy, first post).

Wallet is currently empty as I am reluctant to try and send anything to it in case I lose it

Currently behind a NATed firewall but have full access out.

Have downloaded the 2.0 wallet, installed it. Set the options to uPNP - Off, Proxy - Off, encrypted the wallet, shutdown the wallet, started the wallet, unlocked it and left it for 24 hours

Rinse and repeat a few times Sad

Debug Logs as follows (ip address changed to protect the guilty - lol)

Coin2.0 version v1.0.0.0 ($Format:%cD)
Using OpenSSL version OpenSSL 1.0.1g 7 Apr 2014
Startup time: 05/20/14 16:09:40
Default data directory C:\Users\oldandgrey\AppData\Roaming\Coin2.0
Used data directory C:\Users\oldandgrey\AppData\Roaming\Coin2.0
dbenv.open LogDir=C:\Users\oldandgrey\AppData\Roaming\Coin2.0\database ErrorFile=C:\Users\oldandgrey\AppData\Roaming\Coin2.0\db.log
Bound to [::]:40401
Bound to 0.0.0.0:40401
Loading block index...
LoadBlockIndex(): hashBestChain=000004325bdac3ef46c7  height=0  trust=1  date=04/10/14 19:01:00
LoadBlockIndex(): synchronized checkpoint 000004325bdac3ef46c70ef5fa4e872e6a4ab10e347edaeb6225695970eb3056
Verifying last 0 blocks at level 1
 block index               7ms
Loading wallet...
nFileVersion = 70200
 wallet                  272ms
Loading addresses...
Loaded 0 addresses from peers.dat  0ms
mapBlockIndex.size() = 1
nBestHeight = 0
setKeyPool.size() = 100
mapWallet.size() = 0
mapAddressBook.size() = 1
Done loading
send version message: version 60006, blocks=0, us=0.0.0.0:0, them=0.0.0.0:0, peer=127.0.0.1:0
refreshWallet
DNS seeding disabled
ThreadIRCSeed started
ThreadSocketHandler started
ThreadOpenAddedConnections started
ThreadOpenAddedConnections exited
ThreadOpenConnections started
ThreadMessageHandler started
ThreadStakeMinter started
CPUMiner started for proof-of-stake
ipcThread started
Flushed 0 addresses to peers.dat  433ms
GetMyExternalIP() received [myexternalip] myexternalip:0
GetMyExternalIP() returned myexternalip
AddLocal(myexternalip:40401,5)
connection timeout
IRC connect failed
IRC waiting 71 seconds to reconnect
NotifyKeyStoreStatusChanged
connection timeout
IRC connect failed
IRC waiting 138 seconds to reconnect
Flushed 0 addresses to peers.dat  33ms
Flushed 0 addresses to peers.dat  34ms
connection timeout
IRC connect failed
IRC waiting 211 seconds to reconnect
Flushed 0 addresses to peers.dat  42ms
Flushed 0 addresses to peers.dat  85ms

tia

oldandgrey

Coin2.1: UwSmkRvKBUmxQSzJ8N9T5SSy3BBeW86wS
Hyper : HVRL9P7tEfG8NBnfuk1Qo26jNsnhxHhZu8
gts476

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 04:35:19 PM

I'm sorry but adding coins is a non sense...

I don't even understand why we do have to pay for MintPal greed...

Mintpal has to run a business, it's totally understandable that they simply can't just bail out every victim of a coin that was under attack in some way. They are in the same learning-process as we are with weekly hyped altcoins and all this different attacks for every damn coin any given time.

To me it looks like they are doing their best. I still hope Mintpal will keep nc2/nc3 after the transition, because I never had problems with their plattform and they can manage volume better than other exchanges. They obviously are on their way to the top and should have such a unique coin like c2/c3 in their portfolio.
I love mintpal too and they are mostly doing great so far. I'm really happy to move there from Cryptsy. But why would I pay for their learning process? When I do mistakes trading unwisely I'm paying with my own money for that. I guess they should pay for their mistake by themselves too.

Just my 2 c2 Wink

My understanding is: If they pay for every scam or error by themselves without some help from us customers, they couldn't compete with other exchanges and could be forced to fire staff and would therefore lose their quality edge which got them their good rep in the first place.

They get scammed and they make alot of errors, I fail to see quality edge. Why do they exist, what do they offer over other trading platforms?

Decent historical data?
Detailed customisable charts with analysis?
Blurb on the coin, links to use to educate?

Mintpal is just another toilet to dump shitcoins.
Ximp

Activity: 336

CS Student - BC Logo Guy

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 04:38:45 PM
Last edit: May 20, 2014, 04:53:52 PM by Ximp

Let's try to keep the MintPal bashing to a minimum and stay on track about the new coin and its specs/distribution. Smiley
sonysasankan

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2014, 04:39:07 PM

Mintpal has to run a business, it's totally understandable that they simply can't just bail out every victim of a coin that was under attack in some way. They are in the same learning-process as we are with weekly hyped altcoins and all this different attacks for every damn coin any given time.

To me it looks like they are doing their best. I still hope Mintpal will keep nc2/nc3 after the transition, because I never had problems with their plattform and they can manage volume better than other exchanges. They obviously are on their way to the top and should have such a unique coin like c2/c3 in their portfolio.
I love mintpal too and they are mostly doing great so far. I'm really happy to move there from Cryptsy. But why would I pay for their learning process? When I do mistakes trading unwisely I'm paying with my own money for that. I guess they should pay for their mistake by themselves too.

Just my 2 c2 Wink

My understanding is: If they pay for every scam or error by themselves without some help from us customers, they couldn't compete with other exchanges and could be forced to fire staff and would therefore lose their quality edge which got them their good rep in the first place.

It's not "mintpal's greed" that caused the double spend. Get your facts right. It was a flaw in the POW/POS model. If Mintpal has a low confirmation, that is to enable faster withdrawals and deposits. The low confirmations is not the "cause" of the double spend. It merely sped up the process. I don't understand why Mintpal has to "compensate" the traders for the coins they purchased just because it happened at their exchange. If you are staying at a hotel and an assassin comes and kills you, is the hotel management to blame for not having a tank and the army guarding the hotel? Does the hotel owe the victim blood money for his family? Of course not. At most, the hotel loses reputation, which is not to be taken lightly for any running bussiness, but nothing more. Mintpal is no different. Get off this big corporation / small farmer mentality.

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
Rent Mining rigs for cheap
sonysasankan

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2014, 04:46:08 PM

I simply don't understand the logic behind statements like this. Trading is a two way street. Substituting "sell" for "dump" does not change anything. For every seller selling at a price, there is a buyer at that price. Its voluntary on both sides... nobody is forcing anything on anyone. Mintpal (or any exchange) acts as an escrow facilitating the exchange. Why is that so hard to understand?

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
gts476

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 04:50:46 PM

I simply don't understand the logic behind statements like this. Trading is a two way street. Substituting "sell" for "dump" does not change anything. For every seller selling at a price, there is a buyer at that price. Its voluntary on both sides... nobody is forcing anything on anyone. Mintpal (or any exchange) acts as an escrow facilitating the exchange. Why is that so hard to understand?

quote the rest of my post and you might understand the logic.

escrow, an account established by a broker for holding funds on behalf of the broker's principal or some other person until the consummation or termination of a transaction.

Nope. Mintpal is not an escrow as it can not hold funds accurately.
gts476

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 05:06:43 PM

Just my 2 c2 Wink

It's not "mintpal's greed" that caused the double spend. Get your facts right. It was a flaw in the POW/POS model. If Mintpal has a low confirmation, that is to enable faster withdrawals and deposits. The low confirmations is not the "cause" of the double spend. It merely sped up the process. I don't understand why Mintpal has to "compensate" the traders for the coins they purchased just because it happened at their exchange. If you are staying at a hotel and an assassin comes and kills you, is the hotel management to blame for not having a tank and the army guarding the hotel? Does the hotel owe the victim blood money for his family? Of course not. At most, the hotel loses reputation, which is not to be taken lightly for any running bussiness, but nothing more. Mintpal is no different. Get off this big corporation / small farmer mentality.

Not minty's greed, mintys incompetence.

Because mintpal should understand that the 'flaw' occurs when coins are not staked and securing the blockchain.

How many coins did mintpal have ("in escrow lol") NOT securing the blockchain?

Did mintpal tell anyone they were not securing the blockchain with their coins?

How many coins did mintpal have on account NOT securing the blockchain? (millions? 30% of all c2? 40%?)

I mean come one mintpal, do you even crypto?
gts476

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 05:14:06 PM

omg lol

If you are staying at a hotel and an assassin comes and kills you, is the hotel management to blame for not having a tank and the army guarding the hotel? Does the hotel owe the victim blood money for his family? Of course not. At most, the hotel loses reputation, which is not to be taken lightly for any running bussiness, but nothing more. Mintpal is no different. Get off this big corporation / small farmer mentality.

Great analogy.

How about, If I stay at a hotel and I put my shit in the hotel safe and because the hotel manager and his staff are from mintpal they allow a thief to steal my shit should they be liable?

Er..... fuck yeah they should. wtflol.
otila

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 05:16:45 PM

is the git-5ab04f1a2 coin2.0-qt supposed to work?

empty ~/.Coin2.0 dir:
Code:
coin2.0-qt: src/main.cpp:2585: bool LoadBlockIndex(bool): Assertion `block.hashMerkleRoot == uint256("0x11606ea845c6aa1c24eff5a9e755b79df3737bac52bc8324828995c11acabab2")' failed.

populated with previously working files:
Code:
coin2.0-qt: src/kernel.cpp:389: unsigned int GetStakeModifierChecksum(const CBlockIndex*): Assertion `pindex->pprev || pindex->GetBlockHash() == (!fTestNet ? hashGenesisBlock : hashGenesisBlockTestNet)' failed.
sonysasankan

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2014, 05:17:24 PM

quote the rest of my post and you might understand the logic.

escrow, an account established by a broker for holding funds on behalf of the broker's principal or some other person until the consummation or termination of a transaction.

Nope. Mintpal is not an escrow as it can not hold funds accurately.

The rest of your post holds no interest for me to quote as they are a fair criticism for features that mintpal lacks. there might be 10 other exchanges that have better bells and whistles, historical data and what not. But trade happens there voluntarily and thre must be a reason a lot of it happens there and not on the other fancier places. One theory is that no one cares for the extra data and links. Another could be online age... i donno... could be a hundred reasons. But saying its a toilet to dump shitcoins has nothing to do with anything you said earlier. Hence no reason to unnecessarily quote it.

I said Mintpal acts as an escrow, not is an escrow. It holds my BTC while I'm buying a shitcoin. The shitcoin owner is assured that I posses the necessary amount of BTC. We exchange coins simultaniously and that is made possible by releasing both coins to respective wallets of the owners. Mintpal takes a percentage to facilitate both of us using its service to exchange the coins.

ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 05:18:43 PM

Not minty's greed, mintys incompetence.

Because mintpal should understand that the 'flaw' occurs when coins are not staked and securing the blockchain.

How many coins did mintpal have ("in escrow lol") NOT securing the blockchain?

Did mintpal tell anyone they were not securing the blockchain with their coins?

How many coins did mintpal have on account NOT securing the blockchain? (millions? 30% of all c2? 40%?)

I mean come one mintpal, do you even crypto?

Since you seem to understand a lot about this, can you confirm something for me? Based on what I'm reading in here lately, the problem is that Mintpal wasn't staking, which allowed a 51% attack on the PoS model (NOT the PoW one) by people who owned far less than 51% of the coins but were 51%+ of what was being staked at the time. Is this right?

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
sonysasankan

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2014, 05:22:16 PM

omg lol

If you are staying at a hotel and an assassin comes and kills you, is the hotel management to blame for not having a tank and the army guarding the hotel? Does the hotel owe the victim blood money for his family? Of course not. At most, the hotel loses reputation, which is not to be taken lightly for any running bussiness, but nothing more. Mintpal is no different. Get off this big corporation / small farmer mentality.

Great analogy.

How about, If I stay at a hotel and I put my shit in the hotel safe and because the hotel manager and his staff are from mintpal they allow a thief to steal my shit should they be liable?

Ya they would be liable.... if mintpal was a safe that assured people that anything lost from the safe would be compensated. But an exchange is not a safe is it?

Ximp

CS Student - BC Logo Guy

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 05:27:53 PM

Since you seem to understand a lot about this, can you confirm something for me? Based on what I'm reading in here lately, the problem is that Mintpal wasn't staking, which allowed a 51% attack on the PoS model (NOT the PoW one) by people who owned far less than 51% of the coins but were 51%+ of what was being staked at the time. Is this right?

Correct, it seems the coin age and general apathy of coinholders was the main problem here.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 05:34:46 PM

Correct, it seems the coin age and general apathy of coinholders was the main problem here.

Ah, I wasn't aware of that possibility. This is a big problem with any coin, then, I'd say, because if an exchange is staking, they are effectively a partial reserve (people can't just withdraw when they want to). This seems like a pretty big flaw.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
gts476

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 05:36:15 PM

omg lol

Great analogy.

Ya they would be liable.... if mintpal was a safe that assured people that anything lost from the safe would be compensated. But an exchange is not a safe is it?

Ya they would be liable.... if mintpal was a safe that assured people that anything lost from the safe would be compensated. But an exchange Mintpal is not a safe is it?

Fixed that for ya.
Pages: « 1 ... 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 [309] 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 ... 557 »
  Print  

Jump to: