Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:36:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 [427] 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 ... 557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][C2.1] Coin2 | Pow/PoS | ChainOfConflict[FPS] The Future of Gaming is Now  (Read 499692 times)
gts476

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 05:22:29 PM

Another nice thing to have would be a feature that unlocks wallet "for staking only".
Some other PoS coins use it already and I like the idea, what do you think?
 Wink

This would only be an issue if someone had access physically to your system, if the happens, there is no reason why they couldn't just lift your private key from a backup file. So all leaving your wallet would do is save the guy 5 minutes.

If someone has access your wallet, they have already won. (yes, I know they might not have your password, but be real, is it like 8-10 letters or 50 random symbols? your password is gunna get brute forced in a few min also. After all, CRYPTO currency!)
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zyronx
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 06:06:42 PM

yay Smiley I got my 9 coins for helping with the POW! oh yeah! lol 

UdjinM6
Legendary

Activity: 1318
Merit: 1040

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 06:15:54 PM

Well, that's it for PoW!  Cool

Payouts (totals since start):

Code:
CWbPEgm3RUVQKkzEASuv17cn6yegtmiiNC 160831.930141
CaFZjyF7tWK2sGe16VZMfyKwfwwMSg5oAG  20973.283384
CfT3dkGzytTji2Z8gzfEmypyhMZn9ovaMP   6349.193302
CYenMQcbdP2AE4qDe59knkMwKCpLR7XDog   1449.425378
CJ7i4XpmGicJkGhdmm37VL7cg5XNXCutFa   1183.790817
CSgkGfjck6gPXTD5sKZag76kPHm6G6ukQW    956.625718
CVBKKF6XjasFKnYhZJMWHLGwce4tbBzEDr    935.146854
Cf4NVuKT59kmgpz6rrogNtTwScjK21PpJx    763.732607
CLevPUWpHpEJRM4DQna1qMAVj7dwyAQE7Z    596.933021
CKzouSmztZNnn25Etq7ftqJ8aK94hgN1a7    469.087903
CZRijTVrYnz7V214NMatXUR2LgMRTxyZzF    154.029782
CJJYxewfZ7uqJfRwwpMEnfjg6D7fvj6S1Y    127.494763
CdF8u2CmuysZChdKNhnDQAPctKKRm6LxbW     43.022756
CT4p7n2F8kACba34SSK4o6AsyAXsKfZxt1     15.994574
CUeSVaoYf2wZLkFJvHhwCYc3vyUHQndQ5u     12.874426
CWE555Rb7x9ZkwxwijmM6835SipCDAXjKb      9.128204
CJKHdrtiLECQXDijXsPz9amZjdDgCNBHwf      1.414174
CP7WzFSdgcQb3Wt3EEnq27JgW2PXqhmHxV      0.878450
CUUijsLLiQLsR25qikpQuX8GmE2ssrK9sJ      0.187260
CWfw5pPa7ma7nAuKSqF3LXMW2gHz618rpd      0.169752

Total payouts are 194 874,343266 C2!!!

Final payouts was made for every miner who had over 0.1 C2 balance Grin

DASH: XsV4GHVKGTjQFvwB7c6mYsGV3Mxf7iser6
oldandgrey

Activity: 357
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 06:31:52 PM

Another nice thing to have would be a feature that unlocks wallet "for staking only".
 Wink

This would only be an issue if someone had access physically to your system, if the happens, there is no reason why they couldn't just lift your private key from a backup file. So all leaving your wallet would do is save the guy 5 minutes.

If someone has access your wallet, they have already won. (yes, I know they might not have your password, but be real, is it like 8-10 letters or 50 random symbols? your password is gunna get brute forced in a few min also. After all, CRYPTO currency!)

Ok, so assuming you had a reasonable balance in your wallet and C2 price has rocketed. You are now sitting with a not inconsiderable amount in your wallet. How do you stake to help protect the network but also remain secure. In fact how would you protect yourself period. For example your house is burgled and laptop/ computer stolen with your wallet onboard. From what you are saying you are relying on getting online ASAP on another computer using the backup copy of your wallet that you keep close at all times,  create a new address and transfer the C2 to this address before the burglar has a chance to use his super duper crypto decoder program.

What do we think should be recommended "Good Practice" for folk to use when purchasing C2?

Coin2.1: UwSmkRvKBUmxQSzJ8N9T5SSy3BBeW86wS
Hyper : HVRL9P7tEfG8NBnfuk1Qo26jNsnhxHhZu8
gts476

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 06:36:04 PM

Wink

Ok, so assuming you had a reasonable balance in your wallet and C2 price has rocketed. You are now sitting with a not inconsiderable amount in your wallet. How do you stake to help protect the network but also remain secure. In fact how would you protect yourself period. For example your house is burgled and laptop/ computer stolen with your wallet onboard. From what you are saying you are relying on getting online ASAP on another computer using the backup copy of your wallet that you keep close at all times,  create a new address and transfer the C2 to this address before the burglar has a chance to use his super duper crypto decoder program.

What do we think should be recommended "Good Practice" for folk to use when purchasing C2?

encrypt the shit out of your wallet, keep back ups of the wallet.dat, don't leave your wallet open if your not in attendance (laptop).

whats the big deal?
zyronx
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 06:38:17 PM

Wink

Ok, so assuming you had a reasonable balance in your wallet and C2 price has rocketed. You are now sitting with a not inconsiderable amount in your wallet. How do you stake to help protect the network but also remain secure. In fact how would you protect yourself period. For example your house is burgled and laptop/ computer stolen with your wallet onboard. From what you are saying you are relying on getting online ASAP on another computer using the backup copy of your wallet that you keep close at all times,  create a new address and transfer the C2 to this address before the burglar has a chance to use his super duper crypto decoder program.

that is if the thief even knew what crypto currencies are.  most thieves are drug addicts and will just try to unload it at the pawnshop or sell to some other loser.
Souldream
Legendary

Activity: 1110
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 07:27:22 PM

Coins2.1 is a community ... you helped , let me help u :-)

It is not big but ... enjoy !

zyronx
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 07:33:00 PM

Coins2.1 is a community ... you helped , let me help u :-)

It is not big but ... enjoy !

thanks so much SoulDream Smiley  I appreciate that!
zyronx
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 07:41:03 PM

The POW Has Been Released from the chain gang!
Time to load up your C2.1  Don't Get Left Behind!

Wolf_of_Wallstreet

Activity: 181

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 07:43:25 PM

Wink

Ok, so assuming you had a reasonable balance in your wallet and C2 price has rocketed. You are now sitting with a not inconsiderable amount in your wallet. How do you stake to help protect the network but also remain secure. In fact how would you protect yourself period. For example your house is burgled and laptop/ computer stolen with your wallet onboard. From what you are saying you are relying on getting online ASAP on another computer using the backup copy of your wallet that you keep close at all times,  create a new address and transfer the C2 to this address before the burglar has a chance to use his super duper crypto decoder program.

encrypt the shit out of your wallet, keep back ups of the wallet.dat, don't leave your wallet open if your not in attendance (laptop).

whats the big deal?

Let me get this right...
let us take a computer in an Active directory with multiple users where several people share a computer on a daily basis.
With a wallet "unencrypted" I don't have to say more. With an encrypted wallet you make sure noone gets access to it and spend your coins, isn't that the whole point of encryption?
I don't want to be rude now but if you don't use encryption that's your own fault, but please do not assume everyone uses lame passwords... I doubt you crack a secure password with a bruteforce software, at least not in 5 minutes more as you point out...[maybe if you're stupid and use "password" as your password *rofl*]. But in my opinion it is bullshit that if someone just has my encrypted wallet he has "won" as you say ?!? But honestly, who the hack does not encrypt his wallet nowadays?!  Wink
Now please explain how to lift a pvt key from a backup wallet that is encrypted?
zyronx
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 07:48:53 PM

Wink

whats the big deal?

Let me get this right...
let us take a computer in an Active directory with multiple users where several people share a computer on a daily basis.
With a wallet "unencrypted" I don't have to say more. With an encrypted wallet you make sure noone gets access to it and spend your coins, isn't that the whole point of encryption?
I don't want to be rude now but if you don't use encryption that's your own fault, but please do not assume everyone uses lame passwords... I doubt you crack a secure password with a bruteforce software, at least not in 5 minutes more as you point out...[maybe if you're stupid and use "password" as your password *rofl*]. But in my opinion it is bullshit that if someone just has my encrypted wallet he has "won" as you say ?!? But honestly, who the hack does not encrypt his wallet nowadays?!  Wink
Now please explain how to lift a pvt key from a backup wallet that is encrypted?

I agree, if you are using words maybe. I don't know a lot about hacking. yet most of the bruteforce programs are mainly words. if you have a huge string of numbers. that could take forever if impossible to crack.  the combinations are extrodinary.
oldandgrey

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 07:55:48 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2014, 08:26:08 PM by oldandgrey

[/quote]

whats the big deal?
[/quote]

1 We are going to have multiple users joining the forum in hopefully the not too distant future wanting get into C2. So when they ask how to start and what is the best way to install software and secure the network it would appear that the answer we give will be "what the big deal? Encrypt the shit out of your wallet, keep back ups of the wallet.dat, don't leave your wallet open if your not in attendance (laptop) and forget about staking to secure the network unless you are sitting in front of your screen.

2 If C2 ever gets to £1 per coin then all the holders in the current top 100 (almost) and dear knows how many with their coins on an exchange will be sitting with £100,000+ sitting on their computer. That would make me want to think carefully about security.

3 I thought it might make for some intelligent discussion while we are waiting for things to start to happen.

For anyone interested a few links:-

http://www.cryptobadger.com/2013/05/guide-bitcoin-wallet-security/comment-page-1/#comments
http://www.thrivenotes.com/secure-and-backup-your-crypto-coins/
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Securing_your_wallet

These are written for other coins but the principals are the same. The short story appears to be that if you stake then you are at risk. The best solution appears to be to create a wallet with multiple addresses. Encrypt it to death then take multiple backups and store them securely somewhere. Then delete the wallet and create a new one. This wallet will be your day to day wallet and once your wallet reaches a value above your comfort level you transfer some of your coins to one of the addresses in your backed up wallet. This allows you to stake at least some of your coins.

Any better solutions that allow staking?

Ps I wouldn't even dream of using a simple password on a wallet. I prefer random characters of a sensible length - considerably longer than 10 chars. I assume you have also been blessed never to have been the victim of a virus etc. The above approach would at least minimise your loss. Likewise unless you plan to implement something like this you tend to keep putting off taking a backup of your wallet until your hard disk dies when it's too late.

zyronx
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 08:05:37 PM

poor 42coinfever Sad

oldandgrey

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:03:03 PM

This is an interesting topic and I think oldandgrey is totally right: We should care about this. I'm not feeling comfortable as well with the current system because 30% stake is a huge opportunity but due to the unlocked wallet also a huge risk. I'm thinking about finally closing my wallet and keeping it safe, but I'm too greedy. Smiley But I sure don't feel safe. You can't even choose the option to lock outgoing transactions when the wallet is unlocked, this is a real security problem. Other people (now or in the future) might feel alike, not everyone has the same comfort zone. We really should think about and work on this, because only if c2 is safe to use people will put trust in it and we will get beyond 10k satoshi.

Well put Jan. When reading some of the links I came across the following :-

The situation is made somewhat more confusing because the receiving addresses shown in the UI are not the only keys in your wallet. Each Bitcoin generation is given a new public key, and, more importantly, each sent transaction also sends some number of Bitcoins back to yourself at a new key. When sending Bitcoins to anyone, you generate a new keypair for yourself and simultaneously send Bitcoins to your new public key and the actual recipient's public key. This is an anonymity feature – it makes tracking Bitcoin transactions much more difficult.

So if you create a backup, do more than 100 things that cause a new key to be used, and then restore from the backup, some Bitcoins will be lost.

I appreciate it refers to bitcoin but as a crypto newbie I wonder is it also true for C2?

Also I wonder would it be possible to use something like google 2 factor authentication for  authenticating any outbound transactions? Would this be enough to provide reasonable protection to an unlocked wallet? I seem to remember seeing some wallets of other coins implementing this but cannot remember which.

I don't know enough about how things work to know if this would help. Perhaps the devs could comment in their spare time Wink I appreciate that something like this if accepted would be further down the line as the devs are flat out already.

Skatebird
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:15:12 PM

Another whale just moved his 2 millions C2.1 off mintpal exchange Cheesy

▄█▄
              █████████
           ███    █    ███
       ████       █       ████
    ███           █           ███
████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
  ███             █             ███
     ████         █         ████
         ███      █      ████
            ████  █   ███
               ███████
                 ▀█▀

▄█▄
              █████████
           ███    █    ███
       ████       █       ████
    ███           █           ███
████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
  ███             █             ███
     ████         █         ████
         ███      █      ████
            ████  █   ███
               ███████
                 ▀█▀

TELEGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT

LINKEDIN
INSTAGRAM
GITHUB
BITCOINTALK
wheelz1200
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1406

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 11:55:08 PM

Bittzy I think its you with joels account. Can you explain the page 1 document and how they dont match up. Sorry but im not following it. Turned my brain off for the night, mondays ya know.

███████████████▄▄
    ██████████████████████▄
  ██████████████████████████▄
 ███████   ▀████████▀   ████▄
██████████    █▀  ▀    ██████▄
███████████▄▄▀  ██  ▀▄▄████████
███████████          █████████
███████████▀▀▄  ██  ▄▀▀████████
██████████▀   ▀▄  ▄▀   ▀██████▀
 ███████  ▄██▄████▄█▄  █████▀
  ██████████████████████████▀
    ██████████████████████▀
       ███████████████▀▀
.Duelbits.
..THE MOST REWARDING CASINO......
   ▄▄▄▄████▀███▄▄▄▄▄
▄███▄▀▄██▄   ▄██▄▀▄███▄
████▄█▄███▄█▄███▄█▄████
███████████████████████   ▄██▄
██     ██     ██     ██   ▀██▀
██ ▀▀█ ██ ▀▀█ ██ ▀▀█ ██    ██
██  █  ██  █  ██  █  ██
█▌  ██
██     ██     ██     ████  ██
█████████████████████████  ██
████████████████████████████▀
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████▌
       +4,000       
PROVABLY FAIR
GAMES
   $500,000   
MONTHLY
PRIZE POOL
      $10,000     
BLACKJACK
GIVEAWAY
nickquest

Activity: 133

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 12:49:35 AM

Bittzy I think its you with joels account. Can you explain the page 1 document and how they dont match up. Sorry but im not following it. Turned my brain off for the night, mondays ya know.

i also have a question: Since I moved my coins to my mac os wallet, the blockchain shows only half of the coins in my wallet. The wallet itself shows the correct account, test-transactions I made to mintpal went through without problems. Maybe my wallet isn't the only one with this problem. This could explain the difference.
Also, should I be worried? I don't want to send it all back to mintpal just to check if it's "real". I got it from mintpal after the swap and am staking since.

I noticed a similar thing. The devs explained that the blockchain shows address balances not wallet balances. Do you have multiple receive addresses?
UdjinM6
Legendary

Activity: 1318
Merit: 1040

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 01:20:45 AM

i also have a question: Since I moved my coins to my mac os wallet, the blockchain shows only half of the coins in my wallet. The wallet itself shows the correct account, test-transactions I made to mintpal went through without problems. Maybe my wallet isn't the only one with this problem. This could explain the difference.
Also, should I be worried? I don't want to send it all back to mintpal just to check if it's "real". I got it from mintpal after the swap and am staking since.
Can you please provide your address here or pm it to me so I can take a closer look?

DASH: XsV4GHVKGTjQFvwB7c6mYsGV3Mxf7iser6
fushy

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 01:51:18 AM

Now that PoW is over will the exchanges be lowering the deposit confirmations?
Bittzy78
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1019

I do not give financial advice .. do your own DD

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 03:36:09 AM

Now that PoW is over will the exchanges be lowering the deposit confirmations?

I talked with Polo on their trollbox and they said it will be lowered substantially.

Mintpal will only lower it to 200 for now.

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░▒▒▒████████████████▒▒▒░░
░░▒▒██████████████████████▒▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒████████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒█████████▀▀▀▀███████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████▀      ▀██████▀    ▀████▒░░
░░▒██████▄        ▀██▀       ████▒░░
░░▒███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒▒██████████████████████▒▒░░
░░▒▒▒████████████████▒▒▒░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

▄                   ▄   ▄                                                        ▄
        ▀ ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄     ▄  ▄████████▄ ▄   ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██████     ▄▄██████   ████████████████   ▀▀  ██████████▀▀    ██████     ▄ ██████  ████████████████▄▄
  ██████   ███████    ▀ ██████  ██████████████████     ████████████     ███████    ▀▀██████  ████████████████▀▀
  ██████   ████████     ██████  ██████▀    ▀██████    ██████████████    ████████     ██████ ▄██████
  ██████ ▄██████████    ██████  ███████▄▄             ██████  ██████    █████████    ██████ ▀██████
▄ ██████   ██████████   ██████   ███████████▄▄       ██████    ██████   ██████████   ██████  ██████████████
▀ ██████   ███████████  ██████  ▄ ▀█████████████▄    ██████    ██████   ███████████  ██████  ██████████████  ██
  ██████   ██████ █████ ██████  ▀    ▀▀███████████  ██████      ██████  ██████ █████ ██████  ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀
  ██████ ▄ ██████  ███████████            ▀▀███████ ██████████████████  ██████  ███████████  ██████
▄ ██████ ▀ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄     ▄██████████████████████████ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀ ██████   ██████    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████ ██████    ████████████████████████████
  ██████   ██████     ████████▀█▀███████████████████████          ████████████     ████████▀▀█████████████████
  ██████   ██████      ███████    ▀▀███████████▀▀ ██████    ▄▄    ████████████      ███████
           ██████     ▄ ██████           ▄▄                 ▀▀          ██████     ▄ ██████▄▄

GET IN TOUCH              
.▬▬Announcement▬▬.
Facebook | Twitter | Discord | Insane Hub
Pages: « 1 ... 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 [427] 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 ... 557 »
  Print  

Jump to: