Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 11:18:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC in crypto, does it really require?  (Read 5409 times)
gabagandalf

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 01:49:14 AM

kyc is good at filtering out cheaters from bounty campaigns. thats why i think its quite good. if i am 100% convinced of a project, i will also participate in kyc, if necessary.
jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2018, 01:55:09 AM

kyc is good at filtering out cheaters from bounty campaigns. thats why i think its quite good. if i am 100% convinced of a project, i will also participate in kyc, if necessary.

Only if you really want to get involved in a project then it would be just alright for me to give my personal details but if I have doubts on that project and they are unorganized then I would just move on even though I wouldn't be receiving anything from that project. There are some ICOs that require their participants and investors to have KYC because they are required by the regulation to do so. It would mean that it is safer to invest in them because you will know the people behind the project if ever something would happen to your investment.

lucas79

Activity: 32

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 01:55:33 AM

I think KYC when buying ICO is not necessary. Cryptocurrency is anonymous, so would be better.
skylar

Activity: 434
Merit: 104

Esport Ecosystem

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 02:02:12 AM

I think KYC when buying ICO is not necessary. Cryptocurrency is anonymous, so would be better.
Not all cryptocurrency are anonymous some of it the transaction are trackable. Just make it all simple, when we dont wanna send our personal details just wait until it going to exchanges & not participating on ICO taht require KYC
Tervelatuk

Activity: 636
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 02:05:16 AM

it is no always correlated with bounty campaign and bouny hunter that cheated the campaign.but the developer need to the source fo money that used to investing in ico projects.this way can make prevention to money laundry.and also it is suitable with SEC rules.
le giap

Activity: 9

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 02:17:48 AM

Only a few ICOs need KYC
Robert12312

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 02:20:56 AM

Many government don't accept crypto currency due to they afraid of money laundering and require KYC for ICO is 1 way to reduce this issue. I support this method.
jugger1028

Activity: 213
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2018, 02:23:53 AM

KYC on the devs of new coins/tokens is needed for sure. So many fkn scammers with their bullshit fly by night coins/tokens that are here today and gone tomorrow with all of your cash. Exchanges should require KYC on devs and it should be registered with Interpol so these guys can't hide.

Check out Trezarcoin @ Trezarcoin.com, book +VIP hotel stays with -20% discounts from Expedia by using $TZC to Pay, TrezarTravels.com to learn more!
kiemnhieutien

Activity: 490
Merit: 17

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 02:29:04 AM

KYC for ICO investors is necessary but KYC for airdop and bounty hunters is not unusual. ICO investors must do KYC because of legislation and bank regulations. Nowadays many platform let's you do once time KYC and you can use it to join multi ICOs without doing KYC again, it's called digital ID, some platforms like that are KickICO, SelfKey.
Ilmiyati

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 02:35:09 AM

For ICOs, it may be necessary, but for bounty participants, I don't think it's right, because the bounty participants are only marketing tools, not investors.
Flor1982

Activity: 714

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 02:36:44 AM

Do we really need to submit our personal details to ICOs for buying the token or for participating in it's bounty and airdrop?
I always wonder why do we need to give our vital info to ICOs that most are not even likely to come on in crypto space and crypto is all about decentralization but submitting our info has made it look centralized to me.
There is no regulation in crypto yet so why should we give our details to unknow ico organizers, so claim to prevent some region in participating in the ico because of the country law but those ICOs comes from the same region and country that prevent their own citizen from participating, should we say they are using style to rob us or our details is being used for other purpose .
I think it's high time we all need to stop giving our details to ICOs if really the crypto is all about decentralized and their is no regulation in the world yet to really require such details, I will like to know everyone minds about the submission of our details in term of KYC .

KYC was required as per regulation policy of the government to ensure that the certain project that will involve investments and capital were not be use in illegal activities particularly money laundering and terrorist funding. Just make sure your ICO is legit so that your data will not be steal because even ICOs are required to pass legal documents like the KYC processing to ensure that they are a legit project too.
jalaaal

Activity: 372

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 02:37:42 AM

Only a few ICOs need KYC
nope, most of the time ico's are requesting kyc of their investors. it is actually needed to know the detailed information of an investor including their name, nationality, where they live, and also why are they capable of investing.

shaonirfan

Activity: 143
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 02:40:46 AM

I also think so. It's not require to submit KYC in crypto. But I don't understand why most of the project require kyc
Stragomagus

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 02:57:58 AM

I think KYC is useful to find out the multiple accounts but sometimes they can use negative way also because our complete data is stored in any scam project they can sell our data at any time. So everyone avoids the KYC and many peoples are looking to a decentralized platform so KYC is automatically changed to centralized so I do not like to this requirement in new projects.
Shirin16

Activity: 254
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 03:15:56 AM

Do we really need to submit our personal details to ICOs for buying the token or for participating in it's bounty and airdrop?
I always wonder why do we need to give our vital info to ICOs that most are not even likely to come on in crypto space and crypto is all about decentralization but submitting our info has made it look centralized to me.
There is no regulation in crypto yet so why should we give our details to unknow ico organizers, so claim to prevent some region in participating in the ico because of the country law but those ICOs comes from the same region and country that prevent their own citizen from participating, should we say they are using style to rob us or our details is being used for other purpose .
I think it's high time we all need to stop giving our details to ICOs if really the crypto is all about decentralized and their is no regulation in the world yet to really require such details, I will like to know everyone minds about the submission of our details in term of KYC .
I did not know clearly the purpose of KYC. But for now, KYC is indeed often used in the ico project. it aims at legal entities that apply to certain regions.
in my opinion, it will be good for the future because it can make the turn of tokens or coins on the hodlers become controlled. that way, can affect good project performance.

codebreakerz991

Activity: 58

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 03:32:06 AM

I really dont want Bounties and Airdrops requiring KYC because its only for the customers I will only only allows 3rd Party to submit it like Eidoo's Icoengine.net where all ICO Projects Tokensale will be facilitated by Eidoo for KYC that has only one time KYC require instead of passing to every Project you wish to participate
ivandu

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 03:36:42 AM

I really dont want Bounties and Airdrops requiring KYC because its only for the customers I will only only allows 3rd Party to submit it like Eidoo's Icoengine.net where all ICO Projects Tokensale will be facilitated by Eidoo for KYC that has only one time KYC require instead of passing to every Project you wish to participate
it is depend to bounty manager or developer team policy.if their policy said for bounty hunter have to pass kyc to recieve reward, should do this.it is rule that we must follow.
DeKingCrypto

Activity: 518
Merit: 124

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 03:40:35 AM

Let me say it is good for KYC to effective in ICOs. there is nothing wrong for the project developers to know their customers, but be careful when submitting your details to any project. be sure to know their privacy policies before submitting your details to them.
gentsy brink

Activity: 169

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 04:03:29 AM

there are any several bounty hunters and investors who disagree with the existence of Kyc. maybe because they don't have the data needed, like a passport because not everyone has a passport. but KYC is one of the rules in a project and we must obey it. so we don't need to refuse this problem because I think that this has been thought of by the project
Umkar

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 04:19:04 AM

KYC to receive bounty? Of course not. You don't need to give your personal information just to receive a bounty or to participate in an airdrop. First of all you should know what the KYC documents is all about.

KYC means "Know your customer" and if you're just going to be a bounty participants you shouldn't need this one since it's only for customers or in short for investors in order to know if they're really eligible to be an investors. A KYC is used to control money laundering and other fraud related users to be investors but if a project requires you to submit KYC to participate to bounty there's a high chance that it was a SCAM I'll guarantee it.

Don't waste your identity just for a few buckets. They can use your identity to do fraud, believe in me.
Absolutely right. The KYC audit can only be conducted by the ICO team in relation to investors. If they require a KYC review from bounty hunters, it is likely that this will be a fraudulent ICO project or, if it is conducted at the end of the ICO period or even after its completion, it means that again, the ICO team does not want to pay such a deception The earned tokens to the participants of the ICO generosity campaigns.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: