Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:32:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC in crypto, does it really require?  (Read 5400 times)
wiak2

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 06:29:09 PM

Do we really need to submit our personal details to ICOs for buying the token or for participating in it's bounty and airdrop?
I always wonder why do we need to give our vital info to ICOs that most are not even likely to come on in crypto space and crypto is all about decentralization but submitting our info has made it look centralized to me.
There is no regulation in crypto yet so why should we give our details to unknow ico organizers, so claim to prevent some region in participating in the ico because of the country law but those ICOs comes from the same region and country that prevent their own citizen from participating, should we say they are using style to rob us or our details is being used for other purpose .
I think it's high time we all need to stop giving our details to ICOs if really the crypto is all about decentralized and their is no regulation in the world yet to really require such details, I will like to know everyone minds about the submission of our details in term of KYC .
I believe that the crypto market today really needs KYC. Thanks to it, there is sufficient trust for transactions for both parties. Of course, this is one of the most controversial issues, but I do think KYC is the necessary solution.
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lee cooper

Activity: 238
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 06:34:56 PM

In ICO sometimes using KYC to get rewards, and investors also use KYC so that this is to detect multiple accounts or fraud, besides that there are countries that prohibit it. So KYC's preparation is better from an early age so that it doesn't become a problem at the end of the campaign.
smutexar

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 07:41:13 AM

Do we really need to submit our personal details to ICOs for buying the token or for participating in it's bounty and airdrop?
I always wonder why do we need to give our vital info to ICOs that most are not even likely to come on in crypto space and crypto is all about decentralization but submitting our info has made it look centralized to me.
There is no regulation in crypto yet so why should we give our details to unknow ico organizers, so claim to prevent some region in participating in the ico because of the country law but those ICOs comes from the same region and country that prevent their own citizen from participating, should we say they are using style to rob us or our details is being used for other purpose .
I think it's high time we all need to stop giving our details to ICOs if really the crypto is all about decentralized and their is no regulation in the world yet to really require such details, I will like to know everyone minds about the submission of our details in term of KYC .
Despite constant disputes and discussions, I am absolutely confident in the importance and prospects of KYC technology. It makes cooperation more comfortable and safe, especially for large projects with sufficient budget and scale of activity.
Ionzar

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 12:41:15 PM

The question is really debatable and regularly leads to active disputes. But I am absolutely confident in the good prospects and the undoubted benefits of the technology for modern projects bounty and airdrops, making the interaction more comfortable and safe.
YinShuiSiYuan

Activity: 1680
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 12:49:00 PM

I believe that it is always necessary to pass KYC as this will save you from fraud. Order and rules should be in everything so we work with finances and where money should be order in everything.

Passing KYC procedure will not protect you from scam. KYC is only used to identify investors. If ICO proves to be a scam, sending your personal data creates an additional opportunity for scammers who can use this data for illegal purposes.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
rapsonic1337

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 12:56:20 PM

There are many projects that wouldn't require KYC in their offerings. Giving personal information in the form of KYC is not a smart move. Because the person who is submitting doesn't know where this info will be used. But in the project it will be usefull to them.
kobe24

Activity: 616

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 01:03:28 PM

There are many projects that wouldn't require KYC in their offerings. Giving personal information in the form of KYC is not a smart move. Because the person who is submitting doesn't know where this info will be used. But in the project it will be usefull to them.

KYC is required because there are some investors are not aware that their country is currently banned to participate i think it's also safe.

aprilnot

Activity: 1204
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 01:16:32 PM

actually I'm confused now. at first blockchain had the advantage of being anonymous. because of this advantage, people want to invest in cryptocurrency. and now with KYC regulations, crypto is experiencing a setback. proven when KYC first started the price of crypto in the market continued to down until now. and there is no certainty that the market will recover

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀             501,652% APY             ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▄                    |          TWITTER          |        TELEGRAM        |          DISCORD          |                    ▄
▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄
Tambu

Activity: 224
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2018, 01:21:16 PM

Not really. anonymity is better. Giving your information to the unknown is opening a door to the burglar.
Better to be safe than regret later.

MONARCH  |  THE COMPLETE CRYPTO SOLUTION  |  Private Sale is LIVE!
▬▬  "Be your own KING"  |  PRE-SALE: JUNE 15, 2018  ▬▬▬▬▬
Pontorez

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 01:39:11 PM

Despite all the controversy and discussion issues, I'm still confident in the benefits of KYC technology for the modern crypto market. The technology allows to reliably prevent the risk of fraud, to confirm the authenticity of its customers. I believe that it is better to know the identity of your client - an actual form of protection for each party today.
barabeku

Activity: 568
Merit: 100

umachit.fund

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 12:10:20 PM

I can’t see the problem in KYC. Many pass the KYC without problem by fake documents made in Photoshop. I think, KYC is being for screening of inattentive bounty hunter or multi accounts

sophiawhite

Activity: 78

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 12:11:08 PM

Some of them seem to require it lately. Personally I try to avoid any asking for ID, don't really want to be sending it everywhere.
KseniaLard

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 05:09:38 PM

I think that it is necessary to avoid cheating in ICO, generosity, ups. KYC will make these ICO, generosity ... more reliable. But be careful with KYC, choose only good projects to upload your personality.
ivanleon

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 05:17:17 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2018, 05:33:11 PM by ivanleon

KYC is now required for many bounty. I happened to be doing bounty, and he suddenly demanded KYC for the hunters, and the document is needed in English. Why do this, it is a negative trend for bounty hunters, how can you trust such a collection of personal data when they are collected through Google form?
Camster

Activity: 180

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2018, 05:18:01 PM

No KYC is not required.  It's an information grab.  Your data is very valuable and can be sold.  Especially if the project fails and they want to make a quick cash grab.  

KYC is ruining Crypto and may be one of the reasons ICO's are struggling.  Anyone with any common sense at all will not send personal documents over the internet.  It just doesn't make sense to do so.  Especially when the ICO's crash immediately after launching on an exchange.  Just avoid all KYC projects and eventually KYC will die.  

Once your name is attached with your Public wallet address and we no longer have fiat you will be a tax slave for the rest of your life.   I'm sure your greed will blind you however please consider what happens when the government can monitor every transaction you make.  
Ureung jameun

Activity: 412
Merit: 13

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 05:41:17 PM

I think by submitting our KYC document to the project it is also a form of support for the success of the bounty being carried out. indeed it is not important to be given our identity. but if for example the project wants to be responsible for the use of that identity, then you better leave it.

Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!      │     TRIDENT PROTOCOL     │      HIGH FIXED APY  >>> 382,945%
THE HIGH PAYING AUTO-STAKING & AUTO-COMPOUNDING PROTOCOL
████████████|           Twitter           |          Telegram          |            Reddit            |████████████
imgoinforbitcoin

Activity: 87

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 11:49:53 AM

We really do not need to give out our personal information all in the name of kyc to actually participate in airdrops and bounties. If anyone of them requires you to do kyc to participate in them then I suggest that you run far away from it. There is always the possibility of the project makers selling out your information to hackers on the darknet and they will use your information for fraudulent purposes
zhaviabieber405

Activity: 88

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 11:53:52 AM

I wouldn't want to give my ID to anyone just for a bounty campaign. Kind of goes against the name KYC, seeing as we're not customers.
dimonarka

Activity: 994

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 12:38:37 PM

I think that this is a necessary stage. Verification is a method of protection and a means of verifying the identity. Now there are cases of fraud and deception, so KYC is a guarantee of security
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2018, 12:42:52 PM

I'm not supporting this KYC so I stay away from these ICO's that implement KYC because there is no need of that you can buy the token or coin in exchanges where you don't need to go through KYC at all, and some of these ICO did not succeed and projects are paused or developers totally leave the project, so where do your details go it's hard to know.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: