Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 03:12:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC in crypto, does it really require?  (Read 5402 times)
mandor

Activity: 1638
Merit: 260

Trphy.io

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2018, 12:22:20 PM

I myself don't quite understand why KYC is applied to bounty participants, because I don't think it's so necessary if it's because of security issues or preventing multiple accounts and monopoly tokens I think it's quite effective if it is to prevent theft and such. maybe this isn't the solution
maybe this is a new rule in an ICO project because currently many projects are using KYC. if KYC is applied on bounty participants then only a few little prize hunters join because maybe some people don't like KYC. KYC does not guarantee the success of a project.

░▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓███▓░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 ▓███▓                     
  ████░                     
  ▒████                     
   ░███▓                   
     ▓██▓                   
       ███░                 
         ▓█▓░               
           ▓█▒  ██         
           ▓█   ██▒         
        ░███░ ▒  ▓██▓       
        ▓█▒▓█▓█▓▓█▒▓█       
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
Rajatkatyal

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 01:51:07 PM

According to me kyc in not much need action in bounty campaigns.i personally thinks that in bounty campaigns normal details are enough like name, contact number and email etc.proper documents kyc verification in not needed.
Godex_io

Activity: 96
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2018, 09:28:19 AM

If you want to use a service that respects your privacy, Godex.io is a nice option for you. The company does not require any data from its users. Guided by the presumption of innocence and the AML policy assistance, we simply return the funds to the sender if these funds looks suspicious to us (other exchangers usually just block user's funds until KYC procedure is passed through)
terbetet

Activity: 240
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 12:54:58 PM

I would KYC if I wanted to invest in an ICO, but for the bounty I would never KYC because it was so absurd. The bounty hunters spend a lot of time doing the work and they need to deserve a reward without KYC. If the bounty requires KYC then it looks like they are trying to get those KYCs for sale and they will not lose any money for the bounty.
I hate campaign when they requiring to send  a kyc!! Reallly!!? Please respect our privacy, it is not the solution to avoid multiple accounts or what, kyc is not really necessary and not needed, its so useless. We dont need to send any data about us to you..

Gudhal Untu

Activity: 845

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 01:16:42 PM

There is a unique fact, since the KYC was applied instead investors were not interested in investing ICOs using KYC, crypto was freedom so KYC was not needed in crypto, this made investors unwilling to invest in crypto.
anzhanbei1214068

Activity: 166

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 01:20:39 PM

I think kcy is more because of local policy regulation.

However, for bounty participant kcy, it can effectively prevent multiple account participants.
sexcoyote

Activity: 276

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 01:52:50 PM

i think yes. because lot's people are have a sick mind to think scams all the time. if we give them a oppurtunity sure they use this.
Specialforce

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 01:54:22 PM

I think no because whatever information you give them you do not know what will give your identity to someone and also it is internet it is hard to trust know due to hackers as well. So i think it doesnt require afterall

rhenrhen

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 01:55:07 PM

Actually, not all bounties require KYC but I believe KYC is a very important way of avoiding scams and any other fraudulent activities.
straightliteral

Activity: 30

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 01:56:09 PM

yes, i think it's really needed, because it gives us protection
squanhin

Activity: 33

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 01:57:51 PM

I think it's important to note that for STO's, KYC is mandatory. It is in part of the complex legal and technological processes before issuance and ensures the STO is compliant with securities law. Although KYC for ICO could come with some hesitation, if you're looking into investing into a security token, KYC is something you want to see.
shaheer001

Activity: 1274

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2018, 02:24:25 PM

I think KYC is unfair for small investors or for bounty hunters it should be implemented for big investors.

NewBet

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 04:59:35 AM

I don't really think it is required, we have been using cryptos just fine with no kyc since before now and there has not been much of a problem with it. Now though it looks like a lot of the project are now requiring kyc and the reason I don't do it is because I don't want my information sold and ending up in the hands of the wrong person
oOVVVVVVVOo

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 05:05:12 AM

So far no one has asked for my personal data. I am calm in this respect and do not resent the populists. Next will be seen. Good morning everyone)
Ozero

Activity: 2058
Merit: 180

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 05:32:58 AM

Yes, other ICO requires KYC. They just want to know if your country is prohibited to join, to invest into their ICO. It depends on you if you want to do KYC, if is not, it's better to look for another bounties and airdrop that don't require KYC in their ICO.
You contradict yourself. First, indicate that some countries have forbidden their citizens to invest in ICO projects, and then write that if someone does not like KYC, then he can look for another generosity without checking KYC. However, members of the ICO generosity campaign are not investors and therefore they should not come at all to any KYC checks. Such a requirement for participants in the ICO generosity campaigns is illegal, those ICO teams that require us to pass the KYC test are cheating.

Geleve

Activity: 588
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 05:35:50 AM

it is required or not required i dont care so much. ico teams probably request it to save their asses. but i have a trust problem. i dont trust them enough to give them my private information. moreover it is ridiculous to ask kyc for a decentralized project.
adroitful_one
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1041

1GhxHtabWhEpdb7e7oEJ2vd542n33BwTHR

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 05:58:38 AM

I will agree your information can possibly get into the wrong hands. In my eyes that is a downfall. Overall I think it can really benefit you though!! Lets say someone hacked your exchange  account and could not send out (withdraw) due to email verification, pin code etc. They then just changed emails, login information, and screwed you to were you cannot log into your account holding X amount of Bitcoins. Your Identification can from the KYC can then help recover your account and funds!
piaomar

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 06:13:38 AM

kyc is a rule in the project, then we must obey it. many of the bounty hunters and investors are also concerned about this. many people are afraid if their personal data is used for things that are not true. of course, it will be dangerous. therefore, we must be more careful in choosing a project.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY | ANN THREAD
www.gigtricks.io
Primaryio

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 06:16:21 AM

Imagine going to the office or school without an identification card or traveling abroad without a passport and boarding pass. For cryptocurrency exchanges, that is equivalent to doing business with people they have not personally vetted. Voluntarily complying with KYC regulations provides many advantages to the Offeror and its investors, even if they are not currently explicitly mandated to enact such a process. I think existing cryptocurrencies will remain, and additional regulations will allow for more opportunities to flourish in the blockchain space.
btcnijuan

Activity: 421
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 06:19:30 AM

Kyc is a good requirement for applying in exchange site or m  it is also required in some bounty campaigns and airdrops. With this scenario, they can easily track those illegal activities in a bounty or exchange sites.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: