Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:26:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC in crypto, does it really require?  (Read 5402 times)
mullzerwar

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 06:33:44 AM

actually not all of crypto will need KYC. There are a few that I don't think it needs to be. because the purpose of these KYC only as an extra feature in terms of security only. so it will not be so influential.
bitcoinvestor

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 06:38:11 AM

No need KYC. The KYC needed because of the rule of a country that hold ICO. Actually, in free countries no need KYC. However, I am not sure where country that no need KYC. There are some projects no need KYC too like orbis, and some others. KYC is like banking system I think in the future need blockchain id .. may be more secure.
saaux

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 06:44:06 AM

many ico now require that KCY is good because it also secures your token and need of dev. the ico is for them not to pay more for participating ico. bot side benefits to KYC. so for me it's beautiful.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄ PLATIO ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█   Smart Banking Ecosystem   █
▀▄▄▄▀[https://platio.io]▀▄▄▄▀
darmin

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 06:56:23 AM

at least this will be an archive or report for ICO or bounty or airdrop. by having the system KYC will then clearly visible wherever the coin is given. but for some people, it indeed simply does not agree with this because it is too risky. would never have or will be what the data they submit. being abused can just let alone when it's either a scam.

[ ] ENTER BUTTON C h a i n  ❱❱❱❱ Main project is buying   &
▬▬▬ PAYBUTTON : Wallet App   |   selling luxury goods ❱❱❱❱
██ NFT DEFI ██   [ B U Y ]   ██ ◥ telegram ██ ◥ twitter ██
audyearls

Activity: 215

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 07:01:11 AM

all that is applied in the ico has its own purpose, as far as I know, kyc is applied in an ico because in order to seek from money laundering or coins from ico, and also anticipate if there are parties who are not responsible for using tokens from ico with the intent and purpose break the rules or be used for negative things or even more precisely used for crime and to avoid other negative helms, so in my opinion there is no need to worry about the existence of kyc because it is unlikely that our personal data will be used for the wrong ones.
shooleh

Activity: 616

Personal Text: Revolusi industri erotis di Blockc

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 07:37:25 AM

I think KYC is unfair for small investors or for bounty hunters it should be implemented for big investors.

Yes, I do mind if must use KYC. The project is now already many who use KYC for the bounty hunter. And this rule, in my opinion, is very good because the project definitely has the edge. But we won't know that when filling out the KYC was very secure or not. And if this KYC to use for personal gain, of course we will experience losses.

RachelX ✦ 
❝ THE REVOLUTION OF THE EROTIC INDUSTRY
WHITEPAPER ✤ ─────  FacebookTwitterInstagram ⋆  Telegram ⋆  YouTube ⋆  LinkedIn  ───── ✤ BUY RACH
oanhphong

Activity: 233
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 07:40:51 AM

There are projects that require KYC and there are also projects that do not require KYC. KYC is not really needed for true bounty hunters, KYC just for the investors.
ghost424

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 07:45:20 AM

KYC or Know Your Customer's are helpful in some aspects in Cryptocurrency. We get to know different customers that might be a target to some platforms. They get to know where their platform is most usable and applicable. KYC are one way to know whether the customers are legit and we know that its not bots. KYC are helpful in verifying whether that Bounty Hunter is not a bot and this can result into better Bounty Hunting Communities.
BloodKnight

Activity: 78
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 07:56:24 AM

I personally think that KYC is of little value. KYC is the most needed thing for the government and banks. In addition, KYC opposes anonymity. This has no value.
Rogkim1

Activity: 262

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 07:59:22 AM

I think KYC is unfair for small investors or for bounty hunters it should be implemented for big investors.

I agree with you. The only thing, I would leave the KYC for bounty hunters so that there were no participants with multi-accounts.
Prosperityforall

Activity: 490
Merit: 14

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 08:00:14 AM

To my regret yes,it is a requirement and there is nothing to do.
I hoped that it was temporary measure,but now it is obvious,that it is permanent
thinkright
Copper Member

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 08:00:48 AM

KYC is used as a mechanism to fight fraudulent activities which I think it's in the right course. However, the wide spectrum of scam ICOs has made it unsafe to be completing KYC. Personally, for some airdrops, it isn't worth it due to the reward(pennies). We should actively scrutinize any project we get involved. At least this will decrease our chances of falling victims to these scams.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
doroshok

Activity: 115

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 08:05:10 AM

I believe that we should not share your personal data. Since the ICO should not be interested in this. And if they are scammers, they will be able to sell this information, and thereby cause you harm. Therefore, you should avoid such ICO.
S[m]OKE

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 08:09:52 AM

I recently started to participate in projects where I have to go through the kyc send without thinking I hope nothing bad will happen

PilosopongTacio

Activity: 308

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 08:21:31 AM

Do we really need to submit our personal details to ICOs for buying the token or for participating in it's bounty and airdrop?
I always wonder why do we need to give our vital info to ICOs that most are not even likely to come on in crypto space and crypto is all about decentralization but submitting our info has made it look centralized to me.
There is no regulation in crypto yet so why should we give our details to unknow ico organizers, so claim to prevent some region in participating in the ico because of the country law but those ICOs comes from the same region and country that prevent their own citizen from participating, should we say they are using style to rob us or our details is being used for other purpose .
I think it's high time we all need to stop giving our details to ICOs if really the crypto is all about decentralized and their is no regulation in the world yet to really require such details, I will like to know everyone minds about the submission of our details in term of KYC .

Of course not, because it go against the financial privacy that was provided by a blockchain technology in the first place. which is cryptocurrency.
I believe this is unnecessary especially for small time bounty hunters that only desire small and honest profits.
Some ICO's are requiring KYC verification probably because they just want to catch bounty participants with multiple accounts and that is strictly prohibited here.
Anti- money laundering act was just an excused.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
Whitepaper | Bounty | ANN Thread | www.gigtricks.io
Servantes

Activity: 378

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 02:11:06 PM

A lot of ICOs doin KYC simply because of the rules. I am sure they would be fine without it if it would not be a must for them, also because it is not even cheap for them to do this process..

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
Kidmat

Activity: 774

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 02:16:24 PM

I believe that we should not share your personal data. Since the ICO should not be interested in this. And if they are scammers, they will be able to sell this information, and thereby cause you harm. Therefore, you should avoid such ICO.
The risks is very high in terms of sharing personal data by submitting kyc to an Ico you joined. Agree, we should be careful in providing information as many hackers spreading nowadays.
KarinaMix

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 02:19:43 PM

I am always wary of passing kyc, I'm always afraid to give their data, but some projects are really worth their require and do not deneshia.
Jateng

Activity: 1290
Merit: 148

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 02:19:57 PM

Do we really need to submit our personal details to ICOs for buying the token or for participating in it's bounty and airdrop?
I always wonder why do we need to give our vital info to ICOs that most are not even likely to come on in crypto space and crypto is all about decentralization but submitting our info has made it look centralized to me.
There is no regulation in crypto yet so why should we give our details to unknow ico organizers, so claim to prevent some region in participating in the ico because of the country law but those ICOs comes from the same region and country that prevent their own citizen from participating, should we say they are using style to rob us or our details is being used for other purpose .
I think it's high time we all need to stop giving our details to ICOs if really the crypto is all about decentralized and their is no regulation in the world yet to really require such details, I will like to know everyone minds about the submission of our details in term of KYC .

Theres a reason why their is KYC and it is to avoid having multiple account in one campaign. But some are abusing this KYC. They just to get other peoples information. I honestly avoid KYC especially in airdrop. It is not worth it. They will know who I am but I do not know them. They may also use my information im somrthing bad.

transformt

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 02:22:38 PM

No, some projects require kyc to ico, airdrop. Avoid cheats or other countries that prohibit crypto. There are also some scams to get information of participants. You should learn more about the project to avoid scam.

why should one avoid this? good projects always require kec because they also do not want to give their tokens to scammers. so to say that this should be avoided incorrectly. It is necessary to avoid fraudulent projects, but avoiding kyc in good projects is not necessary

⌜nvest.ai⌟ EMPOWER YOUR INVESTING WITH AI 
Data & analytics for crypto traders and investors. Ready for nvest?
http://nvest.ai/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: