Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:54:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC in crypto, does it really require?  (Read 5402 times)
AlaEhBTC

Activity: 308
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 02:23:11 PM

At first I think that it some like an invasion of privacy because you need to give a personal details of yours in order to achieve the reward, but they said that they need KYC to prevent money laundering at to give the right price to the right person who is doing the bounty.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Omela44
Copper Member

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 02:23:15 PM

My current opinion about kyc has changed. At first i did not mind and would have participated, but after i read more in the forum, i have changed my opinion. I will not join anything that kyc demands from me.
tuhnupeppu

Activity: 68

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 02:26:54 PM

I think it is good that many exchanges require some sort of KYC before you can vote. It makes the voting system safer and a lot more fair. Now I guess it can be scary to give them your data but it is to avoid scammers and this is the most optimum solution as of the moment.
CryptoTrip

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 02:51:51 PM

I don't see much sense in the KYC. After all, now anyone can buy for a little money copies of passports, driving licenses, etc. Therefore, such rules that the government imposes are useless, unnecessary waste of time.

billy.ryoko

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 03:04:59 PM

I never participate in any bounty campaign or the airdrop require the KYC, if that company is managed by the government, I will trust it and register my personal information, anyway, if you sent your passport to the fake company or the scammer, your personal data maybe sell in the deep web someday.  Cry

▀   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▬▬▬███  Burst  █  Defi Money  ███▬▬▬   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▀
[      PRESALE     |  April 1st      ]     [     CROWDSALE    |  June 1st      ]
[     TWITTER           TELEGRAM       █│█     MEDIUM          GITHUB     ]
DreamCayman

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 12:39:40 PM

I'm sure that KYC in crypto is an absolutely fraudulent activity for capturing personal data of participants and investors. KYC in kripto discourages investors, ICO projects without KYC collect more investment. If all the rules of ICO - KYC are observed, it is not necessary.
ginobitcoiner

Activity: 700
Merit: 101

BBOD Trading Platform

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 01:13:41 PM

KYC is usually required for investors who will buy tokens from an ICO project, of course this is very important, DEV will need data from their investors with complete and relevant data, therefore KYC is needed. and for bounty hunters it is possible to have multiple accounts, so KYC is also useful to minimize the possibility

Vasilisochka

Activity: 297
Merit: 10

🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 01:16:32 PM

The KYC procedure is more important for bounty campaigns. So you can exclude the participation of multiple accounts and level the chances of participants.

▓▓▓█████████████████████████████░░          UBEX          ░░█████████████████████████████▓▓▓
▓██████████████████░░          Global Decentralized Advertising Exchange          ░░██████████████████▓
▓███░   • Telegram  • Facebook  • ANN Thread  • Youtube  • LinkedIn  • Twitter • Medium  • Reddit  • Github   ░███▓
jan.nicolas

Activity: 672

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 01:37:02 PM

I believe and I know that in general KYC is not an exit from the situation in order to justify the withdrawal of a large number of funds that many developers now deduce, why is it needed? It is not necessary that people can not deduce such amounts.
Ai7xpressTV

Activity: 430
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 01:44:06 PM

Do we really need to submit our personal details to ICOs for buying the token or for participating in it's bounty and airdrop?
I always wonder why do we need to give our vital info to ICOs that most are not even likely to come on in crypto space and crypto is all about decentralization but submitting our info has made it look centralized to me.
There is no regulation in crypto yet so why should we give our details to unknow ico organizers, so claim to prevent some region in participating in the ico because of the country law but those ICOs comes from the same region and country that prevent their own citizen from participating, should we say they are using style to rob us or our details is being used for other purpose .
I think it's high time we all need to stop giving our details to ICOs if really the crypto is all about decentralized and their is no regulation in the world yet to really require such details, I will like to know everyone minds about the submission of our details in term of KYC .
As far as I know KYC is only required for contribution in token sales.

But some ICOs also require it for bounty and airdrop.
DyllanGM

Activity: 228

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 01:47:02 PM

It is not for all of the ICOs that require KYC. There are a lot of ICOs out there that you can buy into without using KYC. That being said you might want to steer clear of ICOs that require kyc for you to invest in their projects. Reasons being that there are a lot of things that can be done with your sensitive information that you give to these people they can sell it on the dark web and you will have your identity stolen.

You know I never have the thought that what you said could happen to me through that KYC. From now on I should avoid those who asked for KYC and alternatively search for other which does not require such for personal safety.
Dhaniii

Activity: 728

https://i.imgur.com/hgxNNiA.png

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 01:58:27 PM

in some cases, kyc is needed, to avoid theft and scammers. like KYC on an exchanger, if we feel cheated by someone because of a transaction on exchanger, we can track the thief. kyc on a bounty that is very much a scammer.

Raggie

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 03:10:27 PM

Do we really need to submit our personal details to ICOs for buying the token or for participating in it's bounty and airdrop?
I always wonder why do we need to give our vital info to ICOs that most are not even likely to come on in crypto space and crypto is all about decentralization but submitting our info has made it look centralized to me.
There is no regulation in crypto yet so why should we give our details to unknow ico organizers, so claim to prevent some region in participating in the ico because of the country law but those ICOs comes from the same region and country that prevent their own citizen from participating, should we say they are using style to rob us or our details is being used for other purpose .
I think it's high time we all need to stop giving our details to ICOs if really the crypto is all about decentralized and their is no regulation in the world yet to really require such details, I will like to know everyone minds about the submission of our details in term of KYC .

Maybe because they need the information about their investors for legal purpose to running the company.
Some of them not allowed to have investor from America for example, and they need the KYC to verify it.
ashlyvash00

Activity: 434
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 03:15:13 PM

For me kyc is not good way to make more investor. Becaise for me kyc make the invesyor limited. I think its not important to know who is the investor the important is that you get the aim of the ico or finish the roadmap
picaszo

Activity: 434

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2018, 03:18:38 PM

I don't think it's necessary, if you need a KYC, it doesn't make any difference from the one that existed before the blockchain era.
satgoldan

Activity: 602
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 03:25:45 PM

KYC allows entering the market for large investors who are afraid of losing their investments (do not try to say that you are not afraid, you are not big investors!  Grin). IMHO, today it is mandatory, the cryptocurrency starts to affect all spheres of life. And, fortunately or unfortunately, identification in this case is mandatory. Again, IMHO.

─────────────── IMO Ecosystem ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
[ TELEGRAM ] J O I N U S [ TWITTER ]
Hiylchis

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 08:42:16 AM

I don't like this procedure either. But I do not understand why I need it, because I do not get any advantages from the fact that I provide my personal data. Sometimes it happens that I send all the data about myself but I can not participate in the bounty. I hope that this will cancel.
xyj790204

Activity: 334

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 08:47:22 AM

ICO requires KYC so that no cheating will happen. However, some cheating ICO are making use of the KYC system and stealing user identities and using them to excavate their identities. It has recently become a hot topic in the cryptographic community, but because the industry has been built on an unregulated domain, no action has been taken.
SenpaiGo

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 08:50:26 AM

Is it necessary for those who are only a bounty hunters? I don't think it is because they are that a biggest investors in the campaign and I think it is good to the person who really has a big amount of money to invest to their currency they like. But still I agree with having a KYC in any campaign for any concerns.
Tylev

Activity: 854
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 09:11:58 AM

Theres a reason why their is KYC and it is to avoid having multiple account in one campaign. But some are abusing this KYC. They just to get other peoples information. I honestly avoid KYC especially in airdrop. It is not worth it. They will know who I am but I do not know them. They may also use my information im somrthing bad.
Do you think that by conducting your ICO, his team has some interest to establish which of the bounty hunters uses several accounts? And why do they need it? After all, it is important for them that quality messages should be written and their ICO project advertised at the same time. In principle, if someone has two or more accounts, for them it does not matter. These are forum rules and therefore formally they follow them, and no more. Therefore, this is not the real reason why KYC checks are conducted against bounty hunters.
 If viewed from the point of view of the rules of other countries, such as the United States and China, which banned their citizens from investing in ICO projects because they consider them very risky, and therefore introduced such a ban so that their citizens would not suffer material losses, this the prohibition does not apply to bounty hunters, as they do not invest in these projects. In this regard, the requirement to pass a KYC test against bounty hunters is generally illegal.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: