Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:16:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC in crypto, does it really require?  (Read 5401 times)
Pump N Dead

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 01:21:02 PM

Do we really need to submit our personal details to ICOs for buying the token or for participating in it's bounty and airdrop?
I always wonder why do we need to give our vital info to ICOs that most are not even likely to come on in crypto space and crypto is all about decentralization but submitting our info has made it look centralized to me.
There is no regulation in crypto yet so why should we give our details to unknow ico organizers, so claim to prevent some region in participating in the ico because of the country law but those ICOs comes from the same region and country that prevent their own citizen from participating, should we say they are using style to rob us or our details is being used for other purpose .
I think it's high time we all need to stop giving our details to ICOs if really the crypto is all about decentralized and their is no regulation in the world yet to really require such details, I will like to know everyone minds about the submission of our details in term of KYC .
I never invest nor join in a campaign where there is a KYC requiments. I cannot entrust them my personal information and they are not qualified enough to handle our vital information. Stay away from ICO that required KYC to avoid future problem.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
baconlike

Activity: 308
Merit: 3

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 02:31:45 PM

Yes, it is mandatory when we buy a coin in an ICO, but when they are traded, you can spoil it without KYC, which is extremely insidious of KYC. I think KYC does not aim at anything

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
Maiscoinyelo

Activity: 175
Merit: 30

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 03:37:39 PM

Do we really need to submit our personal details to ICOs for buying the token or for participating in it's bounty and airdrop?
I always wonder why do we need to give our vital info to ICOs that most are not even likely to come on in crypto space and crypto is all about decentralization but submitting our info has made it look centralized to me.
There is no regulation in crypto yet so why should we give our details to unknow ico organizers, so claim to prevent some region in participating in the ico because of the country law but those ICOs comes from the same region and country that prevent their own citizen from participating, should we say they are using style to rob us or our details is being used for other purpose .
I think it's high time we all need to stop giving our details to ICOs if really the crypto is all about decentralized and their is no regulation in the world yet to really require such details, I will like to know everyone minds about the submission of our details in term of KYC .
I think KYC in crypto may help us to remove those people who are using multiple accounts in a single bounty campaign so that when there are KYC it will be hard for them to join there multiple accounts in the bounty so it will be fair for those people who only used a limited accounts.

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████  PARTICIPATE NOW!
█████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
 █ ██ █  ● Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
elenka n

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 03:53:33 PM

In general, there are many ICOs that do not require KYC, so it’s your right to which ICo you join!
Anita1873

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2018, 04:49:41 PM

My belief is that KYC is very important and effective tool to avoid multiple accounts by someone because no one can get the approval of the multiple accounts by KYC from any bounty campaign. This may work like a shield to protect the rights of real participants of any bounty.

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████   PARTICIPATE NOW!
  █████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
██ █  Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
NLO

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 10:13:03 PM

I never do  KYC in ICO, bounty campaigns, exchanges, etc.  I never participate in such projects, prefer to stay away.
The 1st&main reason: cryptocurrency has been created as anonymous money and should remain like this. I don't see any need to broke this basic principle.
Another reason: i don't trust any of them so much in order to give them copies of my ID documents. I don't want if my documents would be stolen, or sold, or used in any other way, etc.
So it would  be better to reject such projects for a safety, fortunately there is a wide choice of those who doesn't require KYC.
Fully agree, everything is correct. But our data has long been sold to someone. The largest databases are in banks and mobile network operators.

NLO

Activity: 448

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 10:21:48 PM

I never invest nor join in a campaign where there is a KYC requiments. I cannot entrust them my personal information and they are not qualified enough to handle our vital information. Stay away from ICO that required KYC to avoid future problem.
Because of the data sales problems may be, but not as big as you think. No one will take loans on this passport, especially if it is an international passport.

spiker777

Activity: 997
Merit: 279

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2018, 10:34:18 PM

Most crypto projects are just trying to conform to uncertain regulations, AML and KYC have their place in this. I don't think it's strictly necessary, but I think most projects are just doing as much as they can to ensure they don't get shut down or fined. Right now it's extremely difficult to know exactly what is required when the rules are changing so frequently.

RondoAnyar

Activity: 651
Merit: 101

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 10:37:02 PM

kyc is still needed in crypto, this will be one of the benchmarks for identifying everyone in crypto, but I am more suitable if kyc is for investors only because investors usually have a large number of tokens and assets so they must be detected and for what they are use.

pocketfullofpoke

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

www.daxico.com

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 10:40:08 PM

Yes, it is mandatory when we buy a coin in an ICO, but when they are traded, you can spoil it without KYC, which is extremely insidious of KYC. I think KYC does not aim at anything

In addition to that, you are just letting someone have your vital information which may use against you in the future. It can happen because you are already giving them your information and it's easy for them to use your identity for some shady activity whenever they want.

cryptojac17

Activity: 490
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 10:42:17 PM

In addition to that, you are just letting someone have your vital information which may use against you in the future. It can happen because you are already giving them your information and it's easy for them to use your identity for some shady activity whenever they want.

It provides a legit information to the project which you as their customer, needed to acquire some important details specially your proof of residency. Some scammers will not comply with this type of requirements, due to fraudulent intentions. This prevents cyber crimes if practiced by all crypto projects.

coinbirds

Activity: 588
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 11:44:54 PM

KYC is needed when investing because of AML (anti money laundering) to stop the pracitce of generating income through illegal actions.
For doing airdrops and bounty it is not necessary as ICOs are paying you for  for promoting their project.
If, some of them asks for KYC it is always on you to decide if you want to participate or not under KYC conditions.
msbtrooper

Activity: 352

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2018, 12:14:06 AM

Most icos ask for kyc because of the regulation of SEC as they claim so that they won't be seeing as promoting money laundering. But we also have so many icos which doesn't require kyc, you can participate in such icos.
redtag070

Activity: 128

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 12:43:02 AM

I think KYC is necessary for users regarding the use of exchanges.

However, there is no need for KYC with airdrop etc?
Rather than running ICO and coins, KYC should be done and this should be released to the extent possible. They have run many projects and are running away.
This will eat Crypto's future.
So, we ask for ways to make it not to escape
Rati24

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 05:13:40 AM

Kyc as for me not the necessary thing for ico and for bounty campaigne. It is not clear even how they keep it there for security or may even sell on the black market. They write that this is connected with money laundering, although they hardly pay taxes there. If someone gave their documents on ico, then they are already on the black market, probably, although this is not certain.
milah_ah

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 11:41:43 AM

I see no reason to panic. I did not hide, so I went through this procedure without excitement. In fact, it is you who decide whether to participate or not.
Stella27

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 11:56:50 AM

For ICO, KYC isn't required. There are numerous tasks that don't require KYC. I am really befuddled about the undertaking that requirements KYC. I likewise need to know why they require us to give this data. I don't think KYC is essential, so I seldom take an interest in ICOs that need KYC.
apyong

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 11:57:34 AM

ICOs require KYC so that, there won't be any possibility of cheats to occur. Be that as it may, some cheat ICOs are exploiting the KYC framework and taking clients' characters and utilizing them to mine personalities. It has turned into an intriguing issue among the crypto network as of late, be that as it may, nothing had been done about it since this industry is as of now based on an undregulated space..
Checkoi

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 12:04:15 PM

I am against it all. I believe that we can provide our data only to legal entities and not to any other person who wants to look at it.

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
cutecute

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 12:05:03 PM

It is not for all of the ICOs that require KYC. There are a lot of ICOs out there that you can buy into without using KYC. That being said you might want to steer clear of ICOs that require kyc for you to invest in their projects. Reasons being that there are a lot of things that can be done with your sensitive information that you give to these people they can sell it on the dark web and you will have your identity stolen.

Though, not all ICO's require KYC in order for bounty hunters to proceed, KYC for me is not that really a requirement for a bounty hunter to do their job. KYC makes sense to detect if a bounty hunter uses many accounts in a campaign, but I think it is just a waste of time, ICOS will still succeed if bounty hunters and investors work hard for it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: