Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 06:21:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC in crypto, does it really require?  (Read 5402 times)
desticy

Activity: 1512
Merit: 292

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 12:05:20 PM

I, too, have always been an opponent of this procedure for ICO, the whole idea of cryptocurrency and anonymity is violated

Yes, but believe in our world where there are such problems as hackers, terrorism, money laundering and so on, you cannot have complete anonymity, otherwise it will lead to an increase in the above problems.

biznes35

Activity: 714
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 03:17:49 PM

This is one of the requirements of the regulatory authorities. Projects simply do not have the opportunity not to conduct KYC. Think they need that?
Loopper

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 03:24:09 PM

I, too, have always been an opponent of this procedure for ICO, the whole idea of cryptocurrency and anonymity is violated

Yes, but believe in our world where there are such problems as hackers, terrorism, money laundering and so on, you cannot have complete anonymity, otherwise it will lead to an increase in the above problems.

Many benefits are obtained from the KYC but some projects use the data as a new fraud that makes some people lose with it. Be careful with that
Erzinnum

Activity: 364
Merit: 37

PRIVACY WITHOUT COMPROMISE

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 03:29:19 PM

i think it`s too dangerous to write so much information about yourself. your photo with some evidence could be enough

Flamebellow

Activity: 364
Merit: 19

www.codex.one

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 03:53:59 PM

I think that KYC can be required by ICO if you want to make a significant purchase (let's say 5000 $ or more) . This is because regulators might want to know where the big money comes from . But I don't think they will be interested in someone who purchased something paying just a 50 or 100$ . While kyc for airdrops and bounties is a the dumbest thing I've ever heard and I really hope that those idiots who require to do kyc from bountyhunters and airdrops participants will gone someday

Diablesfunis

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 03:57:33 PM

I think it's fair to them to ask for kyc when we are participating for an ico as it's done to prevent some kind of money laundering, etc and because the project is under regulation of some countries and they don't want to have trouble with the authorities. I also don't have problem with kyc on exchange and the reason is the same as above, the thing that I don't understand is when some airdrop asking for kyc.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
NLO

Merit: 10

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 09:07:35 PM

For ICO, KYC isn't required. There are numerous tasks that don't require KYC. I am really befuddled about the undertaking that requirements KYC. I likewise need to know why they require us to give this data. I don't think KYC is essential, so I seldom take an interest in ICOs that need KYC.
The presence of CUS projects is explained by the need to report to the SEC. I think KUS is no need for bounty hunters, but only for investors.

NLO

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 09:12:43 PM

It is not for all of the ICOs that require KYC. There are a lot of ICOs out there that you can buy into without using KYC. That being said you might want to steer clear of ICOs that require kyc for you to invest in their projects. Reasons being that there are a lot of things that can be done with your sensitive information that you give to these people they can sell it on the dark web and you will have your identity stolen.

Though, not all ICO's require KYC in order for bounty hunters to proceed, KYC for me is not that really a requirement for a bounty hunter to do their job. KYC makes sense to detect if a bounty hunter uses many accounts in a campaign, but I think it is just a waste of time, ICOS will still succeed if bounty hunters and investors work hard for it.
If a person is the owner of a large number of accounts, and he earns a lot of money on it, do you really think that he does not have fake documents for each account?

yescrypto

Activity: 319
Merit: 2

A nexgen decentralized ride hailing

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 09:34:29 PM

I think yes, but to the project organizers and most bounty managers. I still see no reason in have people's details like 🆔 in the name of so call KYC it a way of scam to me. Because a lot of things can be done to people's ID if cares not taken. At least KYC should only requires participants face and a prove by holding a paper writing their name their and not id

DRIFE ●●
█ NEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM █
●●● 
Chrystora123

Activity: 1414
Merit: 228

Omicron is another FUD

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 09:47:04 PM

Do you know how many losses the ICO developer has to pay for members who cheat, KYC is really needed to reduce losses and fraud... indeed it seems very difficult, but it is very good for developers and investors to continue to exist and not be deceived because of fraud...

darefreads

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 09:56:27 PM

I agree of having in a KYC in Crypto to secure the investments of the participants but what my problem to the ICO's is they also give the hardest way of putting personal data I mean those many things to put unlike other ICO's that only needs is a regular ID with a selfie of a persons owner to get pass the KYC.
Violettochka

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 10:16:29 PM

In my opinion it is a total must in crypto society. KYC helps us to provide fair conditions in ICO system, and in bounty payment system as well. Verification makes our society safer.

MoneroMooo
Legendary

Activity: 1276
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 10:19:35 PM

ICO investors don't worry about it. because the cryptosystem will be shaped by the next technology. investors are just beta version of this technology. Smiley
Belianez

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

A nexgen decentralized ride hailing

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 10:37:01 PM

Of course not every ico requires kyc , but I would advise you to join those ico where there is a kyc because such projects give good money

DRIFE ●●
█ NEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM █
●●● 
Litzki1990

Activity: 1218
Merit: 308

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2018, 10:48:51 PM

For me if the rules of ICO's are required KYC so we need to follow so that we can buy some coins of their ICO.
Actually it was important also that have ICO because they will knows of which person are buying on where they come from.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Olatunjex

Activity: 1064
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 11:20:39 PM

For compliance to ico rule kyc is important, it is better when things are done properly from beginning instead of running into trouble at the later stage development of the project.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
nytrolic

Activity: 165

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 11:23:20 PM

I think that is not neceserray. because we are only investing 1 or 2 eth to icos. so that doesnt mean we are doing money laundering with 500 dollar. So that is wrong thing. maybe exchanges can do that. that is true but for icos that is not true.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
tterrorpipa

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2018, 06:46:43 AM

It is not really required to attain KYC when making investment in cryptocurrency especially in ICO. But in the other country, there are specific rules and laws to observe when making a tokensale, and they want to know more about the information of the buyer, so they needed KYC on that.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
gelinshidong

Activity: 459

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 07:16:57 AM

Do we really need to submit our personal details to ICOs for buying the token or for participating in it's bounty and airdrop?
I always wonder why do we need to give our vital info to ICOs that most are not even likely to come on in crypto space and crypto is all about decentralization but submitting our info has made it look centralized to me.
There is no regulation in crypto yet so why should we give our details to unknow ico organizers, so claim to prevent some region in participating in the ico because of the country law but those ICOs comes from the same region and country that prevent their own citizen from participating, should we say they are using style to rob us or our details is being used for other purpose .
I think it's high time we all need to stop giving our details to ICOs if really the crypto is all about decentralized and their is no regulation in the world yet to really require such details, I will like to know everyone minds about the submission of our details in term of KYC .
I never thought that needing KYC was a good thing, it was totally unnecessary. Some project parties say that they are trying to circumvent the laws of some countries? I think this is just a joke. Can this be said? It is totally inconsistent with the normal logic. I personally resist KYC. It is my personal important information. I will not easily disclose it to anyone I don't know or can't trust.
yingfeng

Activity: 910
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 07:31:44 AM

Not always. The team may decide to introduce KYC for investors. The team is trying to act according to the law. But I do not understand why KYC is introduced for participants in the bounty.

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████
         █████████████
        ███████ ███████
       ███████   ███████
      ███████     ███████
     ███████       ███████
    ███████         ███████
   ███████           ███████
  ███████             ███████
 █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
M!RACLE TELE
BRINGING MAGIC
TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
40% Biweekly Rewards
▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬
Traffic from €0.01 worldwide

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██         ██     
        ▀▌     ▐▀       
       ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄       
     ▄█████████████     
   ▄█████████████████▄   
  ██████▄██████▄██████   
 ▐█████████████████████▌
  ██████▀███████▀██████ 
  █████   █████   █████   
  █████████████████████   
  █████████████████    
    ███████████████     
 ▀██▄ ████████████  ▄██▀
      ▀██▀   ▀██▀   
       ▄█       █▄
ANN
Lightpaper
Bounty
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: