Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 08:03:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Unofficial BITMINE CoinCraft series 28nm ASIC miners thread  (Read 202929 times)
RetroGamer

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 06:04:37 AM

still no topic about delivery date for device 50-63
So the week is back fürn ass and now increases the schwiergkeit
so that ROI has become impossible
but there are indeed 30 devices on day built Angry
E

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 06:07:27 AM

I don't want to trigger too much consternation, but this may be my 5-module unit's problem:

(which is why they don't sell the Platimax 1500W in the US)

I'll be able to try this on a 240v circuit in a few hours...

Yep, it works great on 240V.

So heads-up, all of you waiting for these in countries where 240 isn't standard for household outlets...
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 06:14:02 AM

Nobody is going to complain about the 2 boxes, I don't know anybody who is going to be space restrained. Power and cooling restraint, yes.

Depends on whether you run your own "datacenter" or have the rigs hosted as colocation servers (or "housed" severs). There you have the oposite situation
There you pay also "per U" or 1/4 Rack and don't really care about power and cooling Smiley

I think you never have actually had a machine in Colo 'per U' or 1/4 Rack because then you'd know most racks max out at 16 A or 32A

Which means 1 machine @ 3000 Watts would max out the entire rack and then they can't rent out any of the rest of the rack :-)
Min€r

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 07:13:36 AM

Nobody is going to complain about the 2 boxes, I don't know anybody who is going to be space restrained. Power and cooling restraint, yes.

Depends on whether you run your own "datacenter" or have the rigs hosted as colocation servers (or "housed" severs). There you have the oposite situation
There you pay also "per U" or 1/4 Rack and don't really care about power and cooling Smiley

I think you never have actually had a machine in Colo 'per U' or 1/4 Rack because then you'd know most racks max out at 16 A or 32A

Which means 1 machine @ 3000 Watts would max out the entire rack and then they can't rent out any of the rest of the rack :-)

Absolutely right - max. 32A is mostly offered. But when having a good flexible hoster, it should not be a big problem for him to add additional power to your rack.

BTC Sticker: German | English  
BTC Promo Sticker Sets: German | English
1P7fvQGyNx2EwUD7zVfY8jvDFjfA5Sq59b
stevebrowne

Activity: 128

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 07:16:58 AM

On the plus side, real people are getting real miners and they generally seem OK!  Let's hope the production continues to ramp up so we're not still waiting this time next month...
Daveb0

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 08:45:44 AM

First I did not really get the meaning of your answer. But after running your answer through Google Translator "Troll -> English" the first time I got this
I was looking for a Housing/Colocation myself but didn't succeed and now I pissed that a Jr. Member found a solution and me as Hero Member did not.

I think it is more likely that I can supply a full rack with up to 10 Units with 30kW at a domestic place myself (in Switzerland usually fused with 25A or 30A @400V) than a specialized Service Provider with a badass input lead.

After running it a second time through the translator I finally got this - which does finally make sense to me
Well you're right, but I haven't found a Company which does provide such Services for miners.

I would appreciate if you have some suggestions for me where to look

So sure, I'm happy to provide some input, that's what forums are here for, to help each other.
Obviously there are the providers which do offer miner specific housing services where you pay "per device" such as

There are Service providers which do offer "high-Performance" Racks up to 50kW per Rack

And there are the common service provider which do have some sort of automatic reply functionality which do reply on your first request "Are you sure that you Need 3000W and not 300W per Server?"
Obviously it is easier if you contact the ones, which do not have a stated "max power" per Rack but an amount which is included in the monthly base fee and you just pay e.g. per extra 1kW
Until now I found two business models to these contracts:
  • on one (the most common one I found) is where you pay the effective power consumption averaged per calendar month
  • the other (the more favorable for miners Smiley ) is the one where you pay the "rated power" of the power supply of your device regardless of your effective consumption (obviously here the Provider assumes that you don't operate your power supply under full load 24/7)

Just another Tipp from a Jr. Member: if you go for a common service provider, it might be worth trying to get a reduced monthly base fee, since you do not need a dedicated 100MB internet connection and most probably need only 1 IP instead of the 64 IPs which come with a full Rack as well (since you run your miners behind a VPN capable Firewall).
Furthermore you might be lucky to find a provider where you can run your miners without UPS (but keep the Diesel generators) and get a reduced price per kW in exchange.

SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 10:01:38 AM

There are Service providers which do offer "high-Performance" Racks up to 50kW per Rack

Actually I do get around datacenters more often than I want (hate the noise) and in most cases it's just cheaper to rent multiple full 42U racks with 16A than to get one of these high density solutions

Until now I found two business models to these contracts:
  • on one (the most common one I found) is where you pay the effective power consumption averaged per calendar month
  • the other (the more favorable for miners Smiley ) is the one where you pay the "rated power" of the power supply of your device regardless of your effective consumption (obviously here the Provider assumes that you don't operate your power supply under full load 24/7)

But do you personally actually have high load equipment running in one of these places? Are you talking of experience, with actual invoices ending up on your desk or is this just you googling around and cut&pasting some possible solutions?
zefir
Donator

Activity: 919

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 10:28:19 AM

WOW! now we at least know that at least one of bitmine´s officials found this "unofficial BITMINE thread"!

Even nicer is that he is reading and answering here, so maybe its not too much to expect that we will get here some informations about Coincraft Rig´s status, Zefir?

Of course I am reading this thread and working on real issues people bring up here.

The 'Official' thread was closed temporary not because Bitmine does not care, but to find ways to make it usable again as communication platform. First measures were already taken (reports to mods), next are being worked on.

I told already too much in the official thread - instead of honoring my openness, some users preferred to weight each word I wrote and to turn it into flames, insults, and personal attacks. With publicly stated threats of legal actions against Bitmine, even if I had something to say, I am not permitted to. For sure I am collecting objective feedback and will keep supporting customers and resolve problems, but I can't comment on company internals over what is posted by the management.

But look at the facts - not claims Bitmine does, but facts customers report. In essence, a) we are working as fast as possible (also on the Rig) - since with any delay any potential profit is melting away; and b) we are respecting the ToS, which guarantees that nobody will take a loss. Of course customers are disappointed for not getting 1500% ROI - but since nobody is asking for refunds, the CPP terms can't be that bad - even with the delays we have.

That's all I can write for now, official news regarding Rig status will follow when they are available.

Daveb0

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 10:50:28 AM
Last edit: February 28, 2014, 11:56:36 AM by Daveb0

But do you personally actually have high load equipment running in one of these places? Are you talking of experience, with actual invoices ending up on your desk or is this just you googling around and cut&pasting some possible solutions?

I haven't had a closer look to the high performance racks. So these are Google only.

I also did not followup on the mining specific housing offers, since they are not nearby. However here it does not really make a difference whether I have actual invoices or not since they obviously are made for miners.
edit: To be fully correct; I did not followup on bitmines offer, since it was already sold out, server-dedicato was to far away and I did not find an(other) offer nearby.

I personally decided to go for a "common service provider" with 24/7 access to my (partial) rack.
With the new bitmine Rigs which I will (hopefully) recieve, I took the opportunity to also check another Provider. There I would not have a dedicated partial rack but just my "rack units" (="Höheneinheiten"?) which I need but with a managed Firewall and without 24/7 Access but at a bit lower costs.

xray

Activity: 341

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 10:58:38 AM

Anyone pay Tax or duty when delivered ?
Mork

Activity: 24

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 11:17:58 AM

First, please don't get me wrong, I respect you Zefir for what you have done for the community in this bitmine case. I appreciate it, really.
But I have to respond on some of the things you say and I try to do it in a polite way. Smiley

...but to find ways to make it usable again as communication platform.
My suggestion would be to actually provide official and regular communication in the first place.
There are always people who will complain no matter what, but Bitmine did everything to make customers, who normally don't complain that fast, to have very good reasons to complain. If you don't interfere, things might and did get emotional for some, hence the flames and personal attacks I really don't agree to.

Bitmine prefered to have everyone call and write them each and every day for them to get status updates, instead of providing information on their official channel, opening the gates for tons of FUD and making people angry due to their very poor business practice.

After all these months, do they send out the payment confirmation along with the queue # yet, as promised when ordering? My bet: No. Just an example and it only gets worse from there on.

See, I'm a calm person and it usually takes a lot to make me get angry, but in this specific case, Bitmine did everything to achieve this and very few to prevent it. This is business after all and I expect some basic level of professionalism. Sorry for that. Sad

But look at the facts - not claims Bitmine does, but facts customers report.
I'd prefer to get the facts of the source at first, not some random stranger from the internet.

Of course customers are disappointed for not getting 1500% ROI - but since nobody is asking for refunds, the CPP terms can't be that bad - even with the delays we have.
Right now I'd actually be glad to get even 100% ROI, which I won't cause unfortunately I have to pay for the power the miner will use, which is expensive in Germany.
Then, a lot of people are not in the position to request refund yet. So no wonder there are only a few or no refunds - yet. Not even talking about bitmine trying to enforce new terms for the refund.

Again, thank you for all your efforts and for still taking the time to communicate. I wish whole Bitmine would act like you, but they don't and there's no light at the end of the tunnel yet.
To the others, please calm down a bit.

Best
Mork
Daveb0

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 11:23:13 AM

That's all I can write for now, official news regarding Rig status will follow when they are available.

There would certainly be news available, bitmine just does not want to share them since they might not be "good" news in their eyes.
To me an update about the outcome of the prototype bitmine has in their labs (according to giorgiomassa) would be favorable, even if they have to state that they have to do some more rework.

As you can see in my previous post, I have hosting contracts that need to be changed/set up. And everytime they call, I have to say them, that I have no clue what the start date of the new contract should be.
Furthermore I would like to have a rough inidication, since depending on how much additional modules I get out of the CCP I would need more Rackspace than I initially assumed based on my original order.
And I assume that I might not be the only one with such problems.

So if you could convince them, to provide an status update even if this would not be a success story, it would be highly appreciated.
Just PM me your address and I will send you a good bottle of wine in return Smiley
Daveb0

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 11:34:38 AM

I'd prefer to get the facts of the source at first, not some random stranger from the internet.
+1

My suggestion would be to actually provide official and regular communication in the first place.
+1
And maybe in the given case it might be better to use a oneway communication platform such as their "news" section on their homepage.
This is not about a collab project where you need feedback from the participants, this should just be a straight forward one-way update channel.
If you feel like being more closer to your customers you could still join the forums, but you would not have to if you don't feel like.

And furthermore its really a pain if you have to filter out the "official" updates out of a thread with 100+ pages.

First, please don't get me wrong, I respect you Zefir for what you have done for the community in this bitmine case. I appreciate it, really.
again: +1
manali9

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 11:42:25 AM

Did anyone from Italy got his miner already?
I'm wondering about taxes and custom in Italy.
If anyone got experienced it please I'd apperciate any details.
Thanks
Scheffler66719

Activity: 18

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 12:11:29 PM

still no topic about delivery date for device 50-63
So the week is back fürn ass and now increases the schwiergkeit
so that ROI has become impossible
but there are indeed 30 devices on day built Angry

If they really produce 30 pieces per day!
Then it last per week (6 days)
180 Desk!!!

Where are then the Desk of the following customers???

50   RetroGamer   15xx   25 June   Bank/Wire Transfer   CoinCraft Desk   1 TH/s   Germany         Transferred from Avalon Clone order
51   RetroGamer   15xx   25 June   Bank/Wire Transfer   CoinCraft Desk   1 TH/s   Germany         "
52   RetroGamer   15xx   25 June   Bank/Wire Transfer   CoinCraft Desk   1 TH/s   Germany         "
53   RetroGamer   15xx   25 June   Bank/Wire Transfer   CoinCraft Desk   1 TH/s   Germany         "
54   RetroGamer   15xx   25 June   Bank/Wire Transfer   CoinCraft Desk   1 TH/s   Germany         "
55   RetroGamer   15xx   25 June   Bank/Wire Transfer   CoinCraft Desk   1 TH/s   Germany         "
56   RetroGamer   15xx   25 June   Bank/Wire Transfer   CoinCraft Desk   1 TH/s   Germany         "
57   RetroGamer   15xx   25 June   Bank/Wire Transfer   CoinCraft Desk   1 TH/s   Germany         "
58   RetroGamer   15xx   25 June   Bank/Wire Transfer   CoinCraft Desk   1 TH/s   Germany         "
59   RetroGamer   15xx   25 June   Bank/Wire Transfer   CoinCraft Desk   1 TH/s   Germany         "
59   baros008   126x   10 September   Bank/Wire Transfer   CoinCraft Desk   1 TH/s   Czech Republic         
60   RetroGamer   15xx   25 June   Bank/Wire Transfer   CoinCraft Desk   400 GH/s   Germany         Transferred from Avalon Clone order
61   RetroGamer   15xx   25 June   Bank/Wire Transfer   CoinCraft Desk   400 GH/s   Germany         "
62   RetroGamer   15xx   25 June   Bank/Wire Transfer   CoinCraft Desk   400 GH/s   Germany         "
63   RetroGamer   15xx   25 June   Bank/Wire Transfer   CoinCraft Desk   200 GH/s   Germany         "
67   Roy Badami   161x   15 September   Bitcoin   CoinCraft Desk   400 GH/s   United Kingdom         
10x   akumaburn   16xx   1X September   Bank/Wire Transfer   CoinCraft Desk   1 TH/s   Canada (express)         
13x   dplusf   145x   18 November   Bitcoin   CoinCraft Desk   1 TH/s   Germany         
143   MasterX   182x   20 September   Bank/Wire Transfer   CoinCraft Desk   400 GH/s   Belgium         
143   Matni   203x   30 September   Bank/Wire Transfer   CoinCraft Desk   200 GH/s   United Kingdom         
143   Matni   203x   30 September   Bank/Wire Transfer   CoinCraft Desk   200 GH/s   United Kingdom         
?   xnu   190x   24 September   Bank/Wire Transfer   CoinCraft Desk   1 TH/s   Lithuania      
?   tvskit   299x   27 September   Bitcoin   CoinCraft Desk   1 TH/s   Russia         Ordered through 50btc.com
?   BuTaJIu4eK   34x   30 September   Bitcoin   CoinCraft Desk   200 GH/s   Ukraine         
15x   psycho-pass   20xx   Early October   Bank/Wire Transfer   CoinCraft Desk   200 GH/s   United Kingdom         
159   coinpool_de   210x   5 October   Bank/Wire Transfer   CoinCraft Desk   1 TH/s   Germany      

tranquille

Activity: 127

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 12:11:49 PM

But I have to respond on some of the things you say and I try to do it in a polite way. Smiley

There are always people who will complain no matter what, but Bitmine did everything to make customers, who normally don't complain that fast, to have very good reasons to complain. If you don't interfere, things might and did get emotional for some, hence the flames and personal attacks I really don't agree to.

Bitmine prefered to have everyone call and write them each and every day for them to get status updates, instead of providing information on their official channel, opening the gates for tons of FUD and making people angry due to their very poor business practice.

After all these months, do they send out the payment confirmation along with the queue # yet, as promised when ordering? My bet: No. Just an example and it only gets worse from there on.

See, I'm a calm person and it usually takes a lot to make me get angry, but in this specific case, Bitmine did everything to achieve this and very few to prevent it. This is business after all and I expect some basic level of professionalism. Sorry for that. Sad

But look at the facts - not claims Bitmine does, but facts customers report.

Of course customers are disappointed for not getting 1500% ROI - but since nobody is asking for refunds, the CPP terms can't be that bad - even with the delays we have.
Right now I'd actually be glad to get even 100% ROI, which I won't cause unfortunately I have to pay for the power the miner will use, which is expensive in Germany.
Then, a lot of people are not in the position to request refund yet. So no wonder there are only a few or no refunds - yet. Not even talking about bitmine trying to enforce new terms for the refund.

Again, thank you for all your efforts and for still taking the time to communicate. I wish whole Bitmine would act like you, but they don't and there's no light at the end of the tunnel yet.
To the others, please calm down a bit.

Best
Mork
Very well said - Chapeau.

I was asking for a communication platform weeks if not months ago.
Unfortunately without the slightest response.
georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 12:29:03 PM

... instead of honoring my openness, some users preferred to weight each word I wrote and to turn it into flames, insults, and personal attacks.

I am sorry, but it's customer first, not your honour first.

Your honour is completely irrelevant in an environment where customers are left alone and feel increasingly restless.

In such a situation, even one wrong word can ignite an explosion.

I understand that you were trying to help, and I value your input, but you could have used a less dismissive tone.

While in one way I understand that giorgiomassa blocked the thread to drive out the obvious trolls (who only seek attention and to cause damage),
in the same process he killed all legitimate discussion, which is incredibly counterproductive.

That we now have to dicuss unofficially here, and need people who actually recieve devices to finally reveal clarifying information because bitmine will not inform us themselves, speaks volumes.

money2btc

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 01:20:17 PM

Hello guys, i have got their refund form:
https://mega.co.nz/#!K5Qy1LzL!AYF-jYvPX8vzolImmvNFmjI8kfm2h4qOl8wxpYs4VDE

If you paid by
bitcoin transfer in BTC, you get refunded in BTC at the daily USD/BTC exchange
rate based on your originally invoiced amount.

Perfect, f*ck. Thanks me for financing bitmine! Scam!

If i have paid via bitcoins, i need the same amount of bitcoins back at least.
Mork

Activity: 24

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 02:13:24 PM

Hello guys, i have got their refund form:
https://mega.co.nz/#!K5Qy1LzL!AYF-jYvPX8vzolImmvNFmjI8kfm2h4qOl8wxpYs4VDE

If you paid by
bitcoin transfer in BTC, you get refunded in BTC at the daily USD/BTC exchange
rate based on your originally invoiced amount.

Perfect, f*ck. Thanks me for financing bitmine! Scam!

If i have paid via bitcoins, i need the same amount of bitcoins back at least.

Please note: As long as you do not sign that refund form - specifically anything with new terms on it - the original terms of sale should apply for your refund. No clue what were the details about payments in bitcoin, but whatever is written in the TOS at the time of your purchase should apply. No more, no less.

I payed with fiat, so in my case I get the full amount + 10%, no deductions or whatever. Because those were the conditions upon which I made business with Bitmine. No matter what they're saying now, as long as I don't agree to it. Nice try though and really speaks for itself.

A couple of posts earlier someone suggested how to do it when requesting a refund in bitcoins. Might be a start...
Rave (OP)

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 02:33:48 PM

Overclocking Info!

The webui offers three choices:

Powersave
Nominal
Turbo (BETA)

This is picked up in /mineros/boot.py:

Code:
def start_cgminer():
        conn = sqlite3.connect(MINEROS_DB_LOCATION)
        c = conn.cursor()
        c.execute('SELECT * FROM cgminer LIMIT 1')
        row = c.fetchone()

a1_options='16000:800000:8000'

if row[13]=='0':
                a1_options='16000:600000:4000'
        elif row[13]=='1':
                a1_options='16000:800000:8000'
        elif row[13]=='2':
                a1_options='16000:1000000:8000'

os.system('start-stop-daemon --start --background -m --oknodo --pidfile /run/cgminer.pid --exec cgminer -- --text-only --lowmem --bitmine-a1-options '+a1_options+' -o '+row[1]+' -O '+row[2]+':'+row[3]+' -o '+row[4]+' -O '+row[5]+':'+row[6]+' -o '+row[7]+' -O '+row[8]+':'+row[9]+' '+row[10]+' --api-allow '+row[12]+' --api-listen --queue 50 '+row[13]+' &')

c.close()

The a1_options become arguments to the --bitmine-a1-options flag, which is documented as such:

Code:
--bitmine-a1-options <arg> Bitmine A1 options ref_clk_khz:sys_clk_khz:spi_clk_khz:override_chip_num

I don't know what the clocking situation is on chip, not having read any docs, so I don't know what clock speeds are actually possible, but

Code:
cgminer --bitmine-a1-options 16000:850000:8000 --lowmem -o stratum+tcp://stratum.mining.eligius.st:3334

is working great for me, returning around 645GH/s with a hardware error rate of 0.004% (yes! - 8HW with >170000 A+R+HW).

I'm going for a walk to let stats stabilize; will try other clockrates later.

Any updates on this?

Wanna spend some Bitcoins with a prepaid Master Card? All you need is a VirWox Account and a Skrill Master Card Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: