Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 02:39:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Unofficial BITMINE CoinCraft series 28nm ASIC miners thread  (Read 202929 times)
giorgiotheclown

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 12:00:20 AM

Get lost clown.

Also, does anyone have a recommendation for something like the kill-a-watt for 240v circuits in the US?

go mining with your desk! lol

http://kryptonews.blogspot.ch/2014/07/bitminech-sticht-in-die-hohe-see-hinaus.html 1 empty duff beer can and 3 zywiec bottle caps 9.99 BTC + pic https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=658825.0 ~Bruno Kucinskas -> youtube.com/watch?v=iO-EGJhdx4U

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mo_mo

Activity: 194

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:11:31 AM

The RIGS are still not in production...any updates...it should be dec. delivery..now we are moving to mid March and no signs of progress.
trek27

Activity: 172

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 06:48:56 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2014, 07:02:32 AM by trek27

Also, does anyone have a recommendation for something like the kill-a-watt for 240v circuits in the US?

Really not sure if this helps:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/sci.electronics.design/13H8Q4X9OT0             
http://www.diyelectriccar.com/forums/showthread.php/240v-usa-outlet-energy-monitori-84251.html
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 07:43:44 AM

Use a standard clamp-on amp-meter. Home depot.
jimmy3dita

Activity: 588

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 08:37:46 AM

My 1TH Desk arrived today, but it's damaged:
* The back-right-top corner of the case is slightly crushed, which is no big deal by itself.
* The 5 modules inside were wobbling side to side, which damaged the headers on the red connector board that supplies the data lines from the mainboard. Many of those header pins are bent, but I can probably bend them back.
* The corresponding socket on one of the modules is half broken off. All the solder joints one one side of that socket are broken, but I can probably resolder them, as the pads weren't pulled off.
* Some of the small heatsinks for the tops of the chips had fallen off two of the modules and were banging around in the case. I haven't yet found damage caused by that yet though. But how do I reattach those heatsinks? It looks like they were attached by thermal adhesive.

I think I can fix most of the damage myself, but what should I buy for reattaching those heatsinks to the chips?

I had the same issue with one of my desks, Christian recommended to use a small tip of superglue on the corners of the adhesive pad, I've also put a small weight on the heatsink for 10 minutes. Just be sure that the compound of the glue isn't corrosive. I know that it's not an elegant solution, but the thermal pads are almost impossible to remove from the chip, so you can't swap them with something better.

I've also noticed that the case gets really hot (the lower side mostly), put it on a metal base, or put it on one side. I shouldn't put this thing horizontally on a plastic/wooden support, unless you find something to raise it 2-3 cm

Acquista il mio libro "Investire Bitcoin": clicca qui
jegersmart

Activity: 183

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 09:01:10 AM

Surely Bitmine should immediately collect the faulty equipment so they can resolve and ship it back to you? $6000 doesn't pay for any support of any kind?

J

Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:24:11 AM

Surely Bitmine should immediately collect the faulty equipment so they can resolve and ship it back to you? $6000 doesn't pay for any support of any kind?

J

Given their record so far, my guess is that Keefe trusts his skills more than theirs.
Scheffler66719

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 11:19:34 AM

J

next to bitmine superman is having his house in the swiss. so that should not be a problem at all. I guess we cant blame bitmine for USP.

I would like to see them producing 50 desks a day as claimed and press released here  Smiley I dont want to get my march batch late  Grin

My order
(Januar week 5)

Queue Position : 451
Order number : 295x
Date of payment  23.11.2013
Method of Payment : Bank/Wire Transfer
Product : desk
Hashing Power:1600
Destination:Pick Up lokal swiss
shipping kw 14/15 
segaklon

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 11:30:20 AM

J

next to bitmine superman is having his house in the swiss. so that should not be a problem at all. I guess we cant blame bitmine for USP.

I would like to see them producing 50 desks a day as claimed and press released here  Smiley I dont want to get my march batch late  Grin

My order
(Januar week 5)

Queue Position : 451
Order number : 295x
Date of payment  23.11.2013
Hashing Power:1600
Destination:Pick Up lokal swiss
shipping kw 14/15 

Hi, I also hope my shipment of the fifth week of January, I have 549 of the order queue, so no deveria take much longer to arrive.

Someone can give me an approximation.

thanks
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 11:30:58 AM

The RIGS are still not in production...any updates...it should be dec. delivery..now we are moving to mid March and no signs of progress.

What are the rules for refunds? I remember they promised a full refund + 10%

http://bitmine.ch/?page_id=850

3) After the 61st day of late shipment, you have the right to request a full refund and we will pay you an additional penalty of 10% of the initial order amount.

is that 10% per week they are late too with their refund?

By the way the CPP does not mention any 50% cap on the more hashing power

Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1750

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 11:57:03 AM

What are the rules for refunds? I remember they promised a full refund + 10%

http://bitmine.ch/?page_id=850

3) After the 61st day of late shipment, you have the right to request a full refund and we will pay you an additional penalty of 10% of the initial order amount.

is that 10% per week they are late too with their refund?

By the way the CPP does not mention any 50% cap on the more hashing power

They manufacture ASIC Bitcoin miners, they all seem think they are above contracts, rules, regulations and the like.  They can and will change their ToS as they please so that things will ALWAYS work out in their favour (haha fuck you investomer!).  Please note for future reference that making and selling ASIC Bitcoin miners is VERY difficult therefore they must fudge things just a little tiny weenie bit in order to ensure the pre-order queue is jammed fucking packed! 
Keefe

Activity: 681

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 11:58:36 AM

J

Given their record so far, my guess is that Keefe trusts his skills more than theirs.

Definitely. It'd probably take them a couple weeks just to respond to my email with return directions. And then after spending lots of money to ship from US to CH, what's their incentive to not put me at the back of the line behind all the other customers clamoring for their late orders.

zefir
Donator

Activity: 919
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:13:16 PM

Definitely. It'd probably take them a couple weeks just to respond to my email with return directions. And then after spending lots of money to ship from US to CH, what's their incentive to not put me at the back of the line behind all the other customers clamoring for their late orders.

I pointed Bitmine management to your post for clarification and got following official feedback.

This is a transport damage and covered by related insurance.

If the damage is cosmetic or easy to fix (like re-plugging cables or tighten screws), customers might want to give a try. Otherwise, please contact customer service to get the issue resolved. Support currently has a backlog for around 3 working days. Also, please document the damages with photos and provide them with your request for handling the insurance and improving the shipping process.

Thanks and good luck.

Keefe

Activity: 681

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:18:15 PM

I pointed Bitmine management to your post for clarification and got following official feedback.

This is a transport damage and covered by related insurance.

If the damage is cosmetic or easy to fix (like re-plugging cables or tighten screws), customers might want to give a try. Otherwise, please contact customer service to get the issue resolved. Support currently has a backlog for around 3 working days. Also, please document the damages with photos and provide them with your request for handling the insurance and improving the shipping process.

Thanks and good luck.

Thanks zefir for looking into that for us! It's good to know the official recommendation for these situations. Is the ~3 working day backlog for email replies, or shipping out replacement parts after they receive damaged ones?

In my case, I still think I can resolve the issues quicker myself, if I can get some info. I did find a couple small components missing, probably because of the loose heatsinks, numbers C98 on one module and C45 on another. I found the C45, though it was a bit damaged, and soldered it back in place. That module seems to work fine now, though I only ran it for less than 30 secs since it's missing heatsinks and I didn't want to fry the chips. The C98 is too tiny to have hope of finding, but interestingly, that module seems to run fine without it. Do you know, or can you find out, whether it's a bad idea to continue running it without C98? If so, can you tell me its specs so I can order it from Digikey?

As for the damage to the connectors between the modules and bus board, I managed to repair it successfully. Sorry I didn't take pictures of anything I did. But I do want to highly recommend that Bitmine add a support bar on top of the modules to prevent them wobbling during transit and even afterward. Just a simple narrow strip of metal as long as the case is wide, with screws through it into the top of each module's main heatsink, should stabilize the modules and prevent the damage I found related to that.

I doubt that would solve the problem of the small heatsinks falling off though. Does the thermal adhesive they're using just not stick to aluminum (or whatever the heatsinks are made of) well? At this point, I think all I have left to do is find a suitable/better thermal adhesive to put these back on. What about this one?:
http://www.arcticsilver.com/arctic_alumina_thermal_adhesive.htm
How important is it to have high thermal conductivity on top of the chips, vs through the board?

marto74

Activity: 728

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 02:23:46 PM

You always need as much as possible thermal conductivity on the border elements such a thermal pads or paste are.
So you'll be able to transfer heat faster away from the heat generator- chips ->Board copper plates -> thermal pad (paste) -> heat sink -> air

http://technobit.eu
tips : 12DNdacCtUZ99qcP74FwchaCPzeDL9Voff
comp006

Activity: 17

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 07:30:25 PM

Hi, I'm reading here now for a while. First it's good that the miners are shipped at all, even if the production capacity is very low. But when I called Bitmine  I was really disappointed about the statement that my device will be shipped on 16th of April, because I called them 8 days before and they said that it will be shipped in 10 days. In the face of German energy prices I hope that it will be usefull for more than as a door stopper when it arrives.

My order
(February week 1)

Queue Position : 515
Order number : #319*
Date of payment  November 26, 2013
Hashing Power: 400
Destination: Standard Shipping
shipping 16th of April (I hope so, if they have not lied to me again)
Fireminer

Activity: 32

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 10:25:04 PM

Dear miners,
It appears I will not be able to run the ordered 2 miners at home... a change of personal conditions  Sad  For one miner I may find place, but one will not have home.
So maybe someone wants my paid order of a 1 TH/s Bitmine desk miner? (order 353x, paid end of November, initially for February week 1 delivery, and in an email Antonio promised to send it to me in end of March)? It is yours for 4300 Euros (this includes paid delivery in EU of $79). Also, as Bitmine gives extra 10% hash power per every 10 days of delay, so I suppose it will be 40-50% more, so you may get yet another miner of 500 GH/s - for free. (I know it is maybe off-topic, but I see in this thread the experts - the right audience to address).
derico5

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 12:02:17 AM

comp006: order ~3200, delivery 4/16
fireminer: order ~3500, delivery 3/31

Bitmine dont takes it very well with the dates...
RetroGamer

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 03:26:55 AM

Retro Gamer is back from Switzerland
it was a hell ride 1700 KM
07:03:14 departure at 17.00 clock
arrival office building 08.03.14 to 01:30 in the night
slept in the car at - 15 C is shit still winter in Switzerland :-)
inspected and loaded everything
downhill Switzerland 08:03:14 at 13.00 clock
arrival Germany 22.00 clock
unload everything and a few miner already running
everything worked out!
pictures and report tomorrow after I've slept
Alexandrus

Activity: 13

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 07:52:33 AM

Retro Gamer is back from Switzerland
it was a hell ride 1700 KM
07:03:14 departure at 17.00 clock
arrival office building 08.03.14 to 01:30 in the night
slept in the car at - 15 C is shit still winter in Switzerland :-)
inspected and loaded everything
downhill Switzerland 08:03:14 at 13.00 clock
arrival Germany 22.00 clock
unload everything and a few miner already running
everything worked out!
pictures and report tomorrow after I've slept

We are waiting, it's very interesting.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: