Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:43:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Unofficial BITMINE CoinCraft series 28nm ASIC miners thread  (Read 202929 times)
Zelek Uther

Activity: 700
Merit: 504

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 07:01:42 PM

My latest answer from Bitmine, but i guess it´s all lies ;(

Antonio (Bitmine AG)
Mar 04 14:28

Hi,
we have still some issues with RIG.
We start the production on the next two weeks.
We will do everything possible to minimize any delay.

Thanks
for your interests in our products.

Danke für Ihr Interesse an unseren Produkten.

For any questions don't hesitate to contact us. In the meantime

Für Fragen sind wir jederzeit für Sie da.

Kind regards/MfG

Customer Service
Rig production starts in Two Weeks (TM).

Run a Bitcoin node, support the network.
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
giorgiotheclown

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 07:03:21 PM

haha girgio zerlan Cheesy

http://kryptonews.blogspot.ch/2014/07/bitminech-sticht-in-die-hohe-see-hinaus.html 1 empty duff beer can and 3 zywiec bottle caps 9.99 BTC + pic https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=658825.0 ~Bruno Kucinskas -> youtube.com/watch?v=iO-EGJhdx4U
Black_ice666

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 07:17:09 PM

i have too sleep in the same room as its suppose to "live in" (more like a slow death at this point becurse they dint deliver on time)

so that's a big problem not in the info on advertisement also.... "a desk" should sound like a desk, no more.... so this i have to rebuild by my self if im to use it at all...

Sorry, if it's air cooled and it's dissipating 1000 Watts, then you are not going to get much sleep, no matter who produced the equipment.

Perhaps with water cooling and a heat exchanger on the outside of your room it's feasable

my normal gaming machine running on 800W, script minning at 500 mhz (gpu clock speed at 1150 and mem at 1200) (high for single card in script mining) whit no sound all the time (its around 780W it relay pulls from the wall... but still....) so "bullshit" on that...
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 07:33:12 PM

my normal gaming machine running on 800W, script minning at 500 mhz (gpu clock speed at 1150 and mem at 1200) (high for single card in script mining) whit no sound all the time (its around 780W it relay pulls from the wall... but still....) so "bullshit" on that...

780 Watts is not a 1000 Watts

All air cooled ASIC miners I've seen are noisy. Even the water cooled BabyJets I have hear make more noise than is comfortable to sleep next, and they are only 500 Watts. The main reason is they are all overclocked to the max to get more performance. I don't know anybody that runs their ASIC at half speed (or that can afford to run it at half speed)

How do you air cool 780 Watts "whit no sound all the time", really.... Does it have a fan? Does it move air? Then you have noise
giorgiotheclown

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 07:41:03 PM

Hi,

Thanks

Just a translation for the blind/deaf people here:

"Hi,
we have still some issues with the RIG. Our new an be loved screwdriver broke yesterday during the nightshift.
We can't tell anything about the production because of the screwdriver drama. It's really hard for all of us.

We will do everything to minimize any delay according to our Bitmine delivery days (so called "Bdd").

In case you don't know how we calculate the Bdd.
it's really simple.
We take your money 3 months before we stop picking our nose. You remember the "Shipping in for example December 1 week"?
Did I mention that the Bdd satisfies everybody?

It Really easy to calculate

(Shipping week) + 59 days = Bdd

isn't that simple!

Don't get confused by the word shipping, it doesn't mean anything. Just pretend it doesn't mean anything.

The only thing that satisfies everybody is the Bdd. Always remember that.
again:

Thanks
for your money idiot"

RIP Screwdriver

ymmd

http://kryptonews.blogspot.ch/2014/07/bitminech-sticht-in-die-hohe-see-hinaus.html 1 empty duff beer can and 3 zywiec bottle caps 9.99 BTC + pic https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=658825.0 ~Bruno Kucinskas -> youtube.com/watch?v=iO-EGJhdx4U
Min€r

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 07:49:36 PM

Yifosh Massakarpeles

BTC Sticker: German | English  
BTC Promo Sticker Sets: German | English
1P7fvQGyNx2EwUD7zVfY8jvDFjfA5Sq59b
giorgiotheclown

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 07:51:12 PM

Yifosh Massakarpeles

thats sounds much better Cheesy

mare

Activity: 26

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 08:05:56 PM

After 60 days you get more money back than what you paid in the first place. [...]

Who got their refund?

Hey boys and girls I have good news for you: just got my refund  Cool

No statement, no calculation, no explanation, no nothing, and... according to my calculations even with the -30 usd "administration cost" the amount received is still short 89$, but at least some more money in my account than I originally sent them. I will ask them to give me a proper refund statement with their calculations, but for the time being I'm pretty happy. Would have had to mine quite a lot of BTC to get the equivalent at current prices. Good Luck to everyone else!
Black_ice666

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 09:53:39 PM

All air cooled ASIC miners I've seen are noisy. Even the water cooled BabyJets I have hear make more noise than is comfortable to sleep next, and they are only 500 Watts. The main reason is they are all overclocked to the max to get more performance. I don't know anybody that runs their ASIC at half speed (or that can afford to run it at half speed)

How do you air cool 780 Watts "whit no sound all the time", really.... Does it have a fan? Does it move air? Then you have noise

lol then its easy just give me 2 on half the power then in sted of 1 nosy one---- problem solved...

yes it has fans...

ever hearth of 'quiet fan tec... ? (it like year 2000 tec, 14 years old)...

it runs nice and quiet at approx 60-70 in gpu temp. (acceptable temp range ) and can barely hear it running... i cut make it even quieter if i accepted a temp range on 85-95 witch its build for (running on lower as i do extends the hardware life span, or in plain talk, don't destrue your hardware so much/fast (all use off hardware have have a life span all based on how its build and how you use it) )

and just a ? but why should i lie about this? what would be the point?

the fact is still that i need to go get new fans for it and rebuild it my self if it makes that much noise as reported.... its just crazy and i relay don't get it sorry and i have build many machines over the years... my first computer/machine was a texas q9 (before commadore 64 if any on still knows what that was (way before the first pc))

so i should know what im talking about and i se no reason for a fan to make so much noise as reported in year 2014... not even a server tower/rig makes that much noise... so so sorry i relay don't get it...

but maby im wrong an you can educate me? but it don't sound like it....
SolarSilver
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 10:08:17 PM

so i should know what im talking about and i se no reason for a fan to make so much noise as reported in year 2014... not even a server tower/rig makes that much noise... so so sorry i relay don't get it...

OK so you must be onto something that all those other ASIC producers have missed... Do you even currently own and run ASIC equipment?

ASICs are not GPUs. They are run at different limits, you can't software downvolt them and play with the power consumption. To make them profitable, you run them at the upper limit and that means cooling them like crazy. Run for example the avalon chips at 80 degrees and see HW errors go through the roof.

Even the little toy USB sticks like the block errupters... people get a bunch of them on a USB hub and guess what, they need to add fans to make it work.

I see you have a CCD on order, why don't you wait another 2 months to take delivery of it and then post us a little video of how you tweaked your setup to run without making any noise by just doing air cooling.

You will be doing all of us a big favour
Black_ice666

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 10:13:35 PM

but actually it don't matter any more...

bitmine.ch is officially a scam by now.....

so i dont even have to defend it.....

read both hole treads...
Black_ice666

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 10:27:38 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2014, 11:48:18 PM by Black_ice666

OK so you must be onto something that all those other ASIC producers have missed... Do you even currently own and run ASIC equipment?

ASICs are not GPUs. They are run at different limits, you can't software downvolt them and play with the power consumption. To make them profitable, you run them at the upper limit and that means cooling them like crazy. Run for example the avalon chips at 80 degrees and see HW errors go through the roof.

Even the little toy USB sticks like the block errupters... people get a bunch of them on a USB hub and guess what, they need to add fans to make it work.

I see you have a CCD on order, why don't you wait another 2 months to take delivery of it and then post us a little video of how you tweaked your setup to run without making any noise by just doing air cooling.

You will be doing all of us a big favour

my 61 day deadline has past so i fille for refund (not by their form, avoid that, its a new contract and dont accept that)

so not gona happen, im happy if i get out of this whit just a small lose at this point........

(i still se heat as heat and cant see the problem in quiet fan tec,,,, if 1000 watts is the problem... make 2 on 500 = same output, no noise... (edit: pepoel bin doing this on big gaming machines, using 2 psu (like 2 on 800w... output 1600w) as 1 is not enorf to run multiply cards))

but stil hear it behind a closed door..... no way m8.... dont know ho build your machine but if it makes that much noise its just bad build for sure...
sikke

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 11:21:44 PM

This is silent. Very silent. Video has sound. Using same Chips as these bitmain miners. Running stable +1 week

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1JHfJwJMuuubaEzBuCbc7LonqepD95C899

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7qlfnm5d4tofn5s/2014-03-04%2009.48.33.mp4

Its modified to be silent

I replaced just those 3 industrial fans. Evey user is responsible for modifications, voids warranty and so on. It runs cool enough in 21c room temp, but silent.

Would you sleep next to it... maybe not. But having it in next room and you cant hear it. You have to take consideration these unita heat any room...
Black_ice666

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 11:59:51 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2014, 12:16:37 AM by Black_ice666

This is silent. Very silent. Video has sound. Using same Chips as these bitmain miners. Running stable +1 week

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1JHfJwJMuuubaEzBuCbc7LonqepD95C899

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7qlfnm5d4tofn5s/2014-03-04%2009.48.33.mp4

Its modified to be silent

I replaced just those 3 industrial fans. Evey user is responsible for modifications, voids warranty and so on. It runs cool enough in 21c room temp, but silent.

http://thumbnails109.imagebam.com/31188/b440a4311879228.jpg http://thumbnails111.imagebam.com/31188/2bb29b311879252.jpg http://thumbnails110.imagebam.com/31188/9e213c311879266.jpg

Would you sleep next to it... maybe not. But having it in next room and you cant hear it. You have to take consideration these unita heat any room...

thx

point and case....

i sleep whit ear plugs any way so a little sound whoulden hurt... but a jet engine? would be a problem.. especially if it can be heard trough a door.... i live whit other pepoel also and not in the country... so if i actually would use it i would have to rebuild it as was my point in the first place...

but its just 1 point in a long list of wrongs bitmine.ch are doing... (whit 3 mounts delay i would expect something like that already fix in the waiting time...but no they had other things to do i guess)
giorgiotheclown

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 01:37:02 AM

here we go guys, next part of bitmines history of shame!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=470386.msg5662415#msg5662415

we saw this yesterday and now there are some more INFOS

If you look on Bitmine's first three boards, you will see how they link the chips.

But you look on our first board that was made in 2013/12/20 (sample chips came out at 2013/12/28), we used ST MCU solution. Mainly STM105 chip.

So for this solution, you need to write own firmware.

After Bitmine failed to get their boards working, around Feb., Innosilicion passed our solution to them to help them out.

And if you see today's any system with A1 chips, that using one MCU solution and using comm board with 6 connectors, basically are our copycats.

what you got for the help???

Since Innosilicon needs to get their chips sale up, so they use preferential treatment and good chip price as the compensation for this.

now we know what happens with our cash and why!!!
http://kryptonews.blogspot.ch/2014/03/falls-die-beschuldigungen-stimmen-dann.html

psycho-pass

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 02:25:00 AM

what fans did you replace them with? info
and
link to the product please

thanks
SolarSilver
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 08:38:57 AM

So the original question was: can you keep it in the room where you sleep? Answer: No. Thank you confirming ;-)

Having it in the room next door is not an issue, I have 4 Avalons with the original fans @ 100%, you can't hear them through the walls and door (but the door has a special rubber sound stopper on the bottom).
sikke

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 09:53:37 AM

what fans did you replace them with? info
and
link to the product please

thanks

Original ones are Industrial fans with max cfm 150-200... these are _only_ 70cfm so they move roughly 60% of the air. But very silent.
It's possible to cool these units with lesser fans IF you run them in not too hot enviroment. You fry the chips, your own fault... any small enough room will heat up with 1kw heater.

I've pasted this link all over the forums Cheesy They also work for antminers..

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835553002
SolarSilver
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 11:16:32 AM

Original ones are Industrial fans with max cfm 150-200... these are _only_ 70cfm so they move roughly 60% of the air. But very silent.
It's possible to cool these units with lesser fans IF you run them in not too hot enviroment. You fry the chips, your own fault... any small enough room will heat up with 1kw heater.

Actually the COUGAR VORTEX HDB 120 is 60.4 cfm, the HDB 140 is 70.5 cfm

I'll put a few in the CoinCraft Desk, if it ever arrives, to see how much of a difference it makes

But judging from how vulnerable the old Avalons are to hardware errors are, I think less airflow will not work later in the summer. It's already 18 degrees C here today and two years ago we had snow. Damn that global warming....
jeycreative

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 12:27:11 PM

Hi,

Thanks

Just a translation for the blind/deaf people here:

"Hi,
we have still some issues with the RIG. Our new an be loved screwdriver broke yesterday during the nightshift.
We can't tell anything about the production because of the screwdriver drama. It's really hard for all of us.

We will do everything to minimize any delay according to our Bitmine delivery days (so called "Bdd").

In case you don't know how we calculate the Bdd.
it's really simple.
We take your money 3 months before we stop picking our nose. You remember the "Shipping in for example December 1 week"?
Did I mention that the Bdd satisfies everybody?

It Really easy to calculate

(Shipping week) + 59 days = Bdd

isn't that simple!

Don't get confused by the word shipping, it doesn't mean anything. Just pretend it doesn't mean anything.

The only thing that satisfies everybody is the Bdd. Always remember that.
again:

Thanks
for your money idiot"

RIP Screwdriver

+1 with that just got the confirmation today by support.
Original delivery last week of february - > estimate delivery by bitmine last week of april  Angry
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: