May 14, 2024, 09:55:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: ZEITCOIN
https://zeit-coin.net
https://zeit-knights.slack.com
https://t.me/zeit_coin

Pages: « 1 ... 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 [733] 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 ... 861 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS]  (Read 1009210 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
atronite

Activity: 319
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 03:04:09 AM

hey halibit - the zeit wallet has been offline @ alcruex.org for some time. are you going to transfer the coin to the new site or enable the wallet on the old site so we can? thanks

@groggin,

You will probably get a faster response to your question, if you use the Live Support forum on https://alcurex.com .

Cool

yeah tried that, lol

[edit] really. made a ticket, etc., .....     ......       .......   hello?

If you aren't making any kind of progress, then there isn't much we can do I think. =/

I suppose we could put a notation on the issue, alert the people of this change, as a way to pressure them to change if they don't want the bad publicity. But that's about the extent of our power here. =/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 03:27:13 AM

Hmm,
Halibit has responded to most requests,

Strange you had no luck with the live support box.
PM him directly on BCTtalk and see if that works, also check back in with the Live Support Box, being on the other side of the world, your times may not match and it might be the next day before he responds. Last Option, place a request for him to contact you in the TrollBox, if no response from the Live Support box.

Cool
ydrogios

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 05:01:06 PM

My wallet when loading block index appears an error loading blkindex.dat.What is that???
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 08:04:30 PM

My wallet when loading block index appears an error loading blkindex.dat.What is that???

If it was the very 1st time you tried to start the wallet , just restart it and it will open normally.
If you have sycned the wallet in the past and are receiving an st13 error , your blockchain files are corrupt.

Use the Snap shot to fix it.
(Always have a backup of your wallet.dat 1st)

Snapshot: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1378653.msg14024462#msg14024462

Cool
LionOfNarnia

Activity: 938

Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 06:44:49 PM

Latest batch of shitcoins/scamcoins being ditched by C-Cex...

SixEleven [611], ACCoin [ACC], AcesCoin [AEC], Synereo [AMP], AndromedaCoin [AND], Argon2Coin [AR2], BitBay [BAY], First Bitcoin [BIT], BoostCoin [BOST], BitcoinTX [BTX], Burst [BURST], BowsCoin [BSC], CryptBit [CBIT], CryptoEscudo [CESC], ChainCoin [CHC], CleverCoin [CLV], CoexistCoin [COXST], Isotope [XTP], PayCon [CON], Credits [CRE], Crypto [CTO], DubaiCoin [DBIC], DigiEuro [DEUR], Eclipse [EC], EcologicalSquare [ECOS], EGGS [EGGS], FujiCoin [FJC], Floz [FLOZ], President Johnson [GARY], GameBetCoin [GBT], GuccioneCoin [GCC], HellenicCoin [HNC], HOdlcoin [HODL], Kcoin [KC], KiloCoin [KLC], LiteStarCoin [LTS], Lyrabar [LYB], MobileCash [MBL], Xiaomicoin [MI], 2016Coin [MMXVI], Moin [MOIN], MotoCoin [MOTO], Omni [OMNI], NukeCoinz [NKC], Operand [OP], Memetic [MEME], Rimbit [RBT], ResumeoShares [RMS], SongCoin [SONG], TeslaCoilCoin [TESLA], SibCoin [SIB], WorldLeadCurrency [WLC], WorldPay [WOP], ForeverCoin [XFC], BitZeny [ZNY], DigiCube [CUBE].

Member of the UK Digital Currency Association * Bitrated user: LionOfNarnia. * Member of the ZeitKnights * Member of the Bytecent Community Team

"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 06:52:11 AM

In the Continuing Dangers of NIRP News

http://investmentwatchblog.com/us-treasury-yields-go-negative-everywhere-but-here/

Negative interest rates are an existential threat for insurance companies, pension funds and other financial entities that need positive investment returns to survive.

As rates on government bonds have gone negative in Europe and Japan, the above companies have been big buyers of US Treasury bonds, which still (for some reason) continue to offer positive yields.

But according to a Bloomberg analysis published today, Treasuries’ positive yield has recently evaporated when the cost of hedging currency fluctuations is included.
Here’s an excerpt:

Bond Market’s Big Illusion Revealed as U.S. Yields Turn Negative

For Kaoru Sekiai, getting steady returns for his pension clients in Japan used to be simple: buy U.S. Treasuries.Compared with his low-risk options at home, like Japanese government bonds, Treasuries have long offered the highest yields around. And that’s been the case even after accounting for the cost to hedge against the dollar’s ups and downs — a common practice for institutions that invest internationally.

It’s been a “no-brainer since forever,” said Sekiai, a money manager at Tokyo-based DIAM Co., which oversees about $166 billion.

That truism is now a thing of the past. Last month, yields on U.S. 10-year notes turned negative for Japanese buyers who pay to eliminate currency fluctuations from their returns, something that hasn’t happened since the financial crisis. It’s even worse for euro-based investors, who are locking in sub-zero returns on Treasuries for the first time in history.

Johnny00

Activity: 896
Merit: 553

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 08:57:46 PM

How can zeitcoin get regular people to use the coin. It's all about if merhants will accept zeitcoin but here are so many coins out there it will take some good marketing. Any marketing plans?

|
We plan to invest over
$1 billion in the regulated, licensed,
and legal businesses to build the IOB Mesh
|
Same Token,IOB
Multiple Regulated
Security Token
ICOs Across the World.
|
TELEGRAM
TWITTER
GITHUB
REDDIT
中文电报群
MEDIUM
BITCOINTALK
LINKEDIN
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 02:53:25 AM

How can zeitcoin get regular people to use the coin. It's all about if merchants will accept zeitcoin but here are so many coins out there it will take some good marketing. Any marketing plans?

ZAN => ZEIT AD Network   Cheesy

We start it next year after we move into the final 5% rate.

One of the issues, that was bugging me was the calculation of 1 ZEIT would be equal to 1 minute.
The Answer finally came to me, is that ZAN will have to be a Tier style system,
meaning the people renting ad space would ask for a specific tier of say 1 ZEIT = 1 minute of Ad time, and then charge on a Monthly Basis.
However, their will be advertisers that only offer to pay at a tier of  .01 ZEIT = 1 minute .

With ZAN, we change the rules and give ZEIT a Utility outside of FIAT conversion ,
A Direct ZEIT to Unit of Time Conversion, with this we will be on the path to our goals.

As we are creating ZAN , we will also be using it to market our coin & ad network.
ZAN will not be a crappy paid per click or varying payment per view, (Too many shenanigans with those),
It will be strictly a payment for Ad time offered, no matter how little or how many views or clicks occur,
and it will only be offered in 1 month increments so market fluctuations, don't affect it too greatly.

Cool
Johnny00

Activity: 896
Merit: 553

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 04:41:08 AM

That is very interesting. I will be watching as I have quite the investment in zeitcoin.

|
We plan to invest over
$1 billion in the regulated, licensed,
and legal businesses to build the IOB Mesh
|
Same Token,IOB
Multiple Regulated
Security Token
ICOs Across the World.
|
TELEGRAM
TWITTER
GITHUB
REDDIT
中文电报群
MEDIUM
BITCOINTALK
LINKEDIN
atronite

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 08:00:05 AM

How can zeitcoin get regular people to use the coin. It's all about if merchants will accept zeitcoin but here are so many coins out there it will take some good marketing. Any marketing plans?

ZAN => ZEIT AD Network   Cheesy

We start it next year after we move into the final 5% rate.

One of the issues, that was bugging me was the calculation of 1 ZEIT would be equal to 1 minute.
The Answer finally came to me, is that ZAN will have to be a Tier style system,
meaning the people renting ad space would ask for a specific tier of say 1 ZEIT = 1 minute of Ad time, and then charge on a Monthly Basis.
However, their will be advertisers that only offer to pay at a tier of  .01 ZEIT = 1 minute .

With ZAN, we change the rules and give ZEIT a Utility outside of FIAT conversion ,
A Direct ZEIT to Unit of Time Conversion, with this we will be on the path to our goals.

As we are creating ZAN , we will also be using it to market our coin & ad network.
ZAN will not be a crappy paid per click or varying payment per view, (Too many shenanigans with those),
It will be strictly a payment for Ad time offered, no matter how little or how many views or clicks occur,
and it will only be offered in 1 month increments so market fluctuations, don't affect it too greatly.

Cool

By ad time, do you mean how long a user happens to remain on a particular page?

If that's the case, what prevents a website owner from creating a bunch of views from other "sources" and just have them look at the web page.....forever? Thereby creating many false hours worth of charges? Even if the ad would change to another web client after 1 minute passes, it would still disperse the losses among all the clients.

Also, it's not like you're alone in this space, even if you might be the first person to do this for zeitcoin:

https://adbit.co/
https://bitmedia.io/
http://bitcoinbarrel.com/bitcoin-advertising-networks/

Considering that you have to buy bitcoin or litecoin in order to even obtain zeitcoin, it seems like you are still indirectly competing with these guys (unless your "time" calculation is the innovation you are bringing to the online advertisement industry).

I assume you already have a means of ensuring that the ads are targeted according to the visitor on the page, like how all the ad companies operate these days? Or is it targeted depending on the type of website showing the ads?
atronite

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 08:23:17 AM
Last edit: August 11, 2016, 08:41:25 AM by atronite

Also, what are you all's thoughts on evergreen coin?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1272091.0

Seems like another fairly solid POS coin with active dev and an actual community.
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 08:56:46 AM

If that's the case, what prevents a website owner from creating a bunch of views from other "sources" and just have them look at the web page.....forever? Thereby creating many false hours worth of charges? Even if the ad would change to another web client after 1 minute passes, it would still disperse the losses among all the clients.

Also, it's not like you're alone in this space, even if you might be the first person to do this for zeitcoin:

Considering that you have to buy bitcoin or litecoin in order to even obtain zeitcoin, it seems like you are still indirectly competing with these guys (unless your "time" calculation is the innovation you are bringing to the online advertisement industry).

I assume you already have a means of ensuring that the ads are targeted according to the visitor on the page, like how all the ad companies operate these days? Or is it targeted depending on the type of website showing the ads?

Ad time would be charged like a billboard ad, a certain # of ZEIT is agreed between two parties to be = to 1 minute,
The advertiser then pays the ad space renter, that exact amount of ZEIT for 1 month.
There is no counting clicks , views , person's time on site, page hits , all of which are so manipulated , it pretty worthless.
Unlike other ad networks,
as the ad buyer , you know your advertising will last exactly 30 days, not be used up in a few hours because Google claims so many people clicked on your link.
as the ad seller, you know exactly how much you are being paid before you even host the ad.
(Their will be no rotating ads by flash , a fixed link or graphic with a direct links only.)

The only thing counted is time, 1 month that link or graphic will be hosted by the person renting the space, at the end of the month they renegotiate how many ZEIT =1 minute for the next month, if they want to continue. The Advertisers will choose the individuals & the individuals will accept or deny .
ZAN will not operate like other ad networks, as they always leave both sites feeling cheated.
Both sides agree to a rate for 30 days and then fulfill their parts of the agreement.
Some people may request escrow services , so their will be a use for ZEIT escrow agents sometime next year.

Anything that is ad space , will be considered, examples ,
Web site banners, BTCtalk spaces, even TShirt advertising
Imagine walking to a college class and half the students are wearing a Tshirt advertising the same video game, Your ability to target and be received will be higher than anything modern ads have , as we all tend to block most of them out due to over saturation.

But as with most things , we'll start to fine tune ZAN as we create it.

Cool
atronite

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 10:14:41 AM
Last edit: August 11, 2016, 10:28:38 AM by atronite

Ad time would be charged like a billboard ad, a certain # of ZEIT is agreed between two parties to be = to 1 minute,
The advertiser then pays the ad space renter, that exact amount of ZEIT for 1 month.
There is no counting clicks , views , person's time on site, page hits , all of which are so manipulated , it pretty worthless.
Unlike other ad networks,
as the ad buyer , you know your advertising will last exactly 30 days, not be used up in a few hours because Google claims so many people clicked on your link.
as the ad seller, you know exactly how much you are being paid before you even host the ad.
(Their will be no rotating ads by flash , a fixed link or graphic with a direct links only.)

The only thing counted is time, 1 month that link or graphic will be hosted by the person renting the space, at the end of the month they renegotiate how many ZEIT =1 minute for the next month, if they want to continue. The Advertisers will choose the individuals & the individuals will accept or deny .
ZAN will not operate like other ad networks, as they always leave both sites feeling cheated.
Both sides agree to a rate for 30 days and then fulfill their parts of the agreement.
Some people may request escrow services , so their will be a use for ZEIT escrow agents sometime next year.

Anything that is ad space , will be considered, examples ,
Web site banners, BTCtalk spaces, even TShirt advertising
Imagine walking to a college class and half the students are wearing a Tshirt advertising the same video game, Your ability to target and be received will be higher than anything modern ads have , as we all tend to block most of them out due to over saturation.

But as with most things , we'll start to fine tune ZAN as we create it.

Cool

Hmm, the way I can see this working is if there was some way to calculate the possible value of "1 minute" based on past website activity, as well as some kind of "proof of impression" mechanism to detect how many of those visitors had some kind of ad blocker program installed (so if a particular web page got 10k views, but 4k had ad blocker, they would only be worth "6k" views for that month).

The simpler and easier you can make it for website owners and advertisers to simply do their thing with minimal effort, the better I think. If I'm a website (or forum member) owner, I just want to be paid the max amount of zeit. And if I'm an advertiser, I want to not only advertise on websites that result in most sales/signups, but also be able to perform data analytics to better target my advertisements.....keeping websites that drive most of my sales while ditching those that aren't worth the zeit.  

TShirt? I've never seen a T-Shirt with ever changing advertisements.  Cheesy

Also, the only way you can convince half a classroom full of students to wear the same shirt is if they can actually get paid for wearing that shirt. And paid well.
dollux

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 01:57:33 PM

Also, the only way you can convince half a classroom full of students to wear the same shirt is if they can actually get paid for wearing that shirt. And paid well.

Sorry but are you sure about that?

They will only cost you 27.00 Euros each to advertise for them, no you don't get paid, they do.

Advertising, the psychology of persuasion. 
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 10:51:19 PM

Question was asked in a discussion topics, re-posting here so our community is aware.

Can I buy diamonds with any cryptocurrency?

Hmm,
Diamond Jewelry not raw diamonds, to the best of my knowledge (at the moment)  Smiley

Follow the following steps to buy a gift card of a retail store that has the Jewelry you want.
Replace ZEIT with the crypto of your choice.

Until the Day Retailers Wise up and take ZEIT directly,

Here is how you can currently use ZEIT to buy items directly from Major Resellers using Gift Cards.
Such as
Amazon, Best Buy, Burger King, Dominos, Ebay, Home Depot, ITunes, Lowes Home, Papa John's Pizza,  StarBucks, Target , WalMart, Whole Foods and Many Others

Step 1.  On one of the exchanges convert ZEIT to BTC

Step 2.  Go to https://www.gyft.com or https://www.egifter.com or https://www.cardfy.com and purchase the desired Gift Card with the BTC , you just converted.

Step 3.  Use the Gift card and refill from your staking interest when Needed.  Cheesy

However if you are also looking into precious metals , check out Rofo's Noblecoin App,
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jasonlcurby.noble

Cool

FYI:  Update to my info , next moment  Cheesy
Buy an Amazon Gift Card with Crypto and then you can buy raw diamonds.  Smiley
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=raw+diamonds&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Araw+diamonds
atronite

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 08:34:50 AM

"WHY ALTCOIN PROJECTS NEED MARKET MAKERS"

http://cryptohustle.com/why-altcoin-projects-need-market-makers

This is something to think about guys.

"MARKET MAKERS AS THE SOLUTION

All of this (the problems of not having market makers.....see article link) can be avoided if project developers find professional market makers to keep the order books healthy. Stack both sides of the order book with an automated trading algorithm and you increase the chances of keeping your project alive.

Here are the benefits of market making:

Pumpers won’t be able to manipulate the markets as easily.
Reduce the amount of slippage for all participants.
The project will have more miners because they’ll be able to sell coins to cover expenses. This will increase decentralization.
Merchants will actually consider accepting your coin.
Traders will be able to effectively execute orders. This leads to higher trading volume stats.
Developers will be able to pay themselves for their work.
Exchanges will keep the coin listed and new exchanges may add it.
Holders will be happy to see their investment retain its value.
Coins that have higher trading volume tend to attract new users into the space. These new users are important to offset the selling pressure from miners, developers and merchants.
Developers for new coins should factor this into their business strategy and older projects may want to consider reviving their markets. Fail to do this and chances are your project may end up in a dusty graveyard of worthless altcoins. "
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 10:55:15 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2016, 12:20:22 AM by kiklo

"WHY ALTCOIN PROJECTS NEED MARKET MAKERS"

http://cryptohustle.com/why-altcoin-projects-need-market-makers

This is something to think about guys.

Agreed it is an interesting thought.

"MARKET MAKERS AS THE SOLUTION

All of this (the problems of not having market makers.....see article link) can be avoided if project developers find professional market makers to keep the order books healthy. Stack both sides of the order book with an automated trading algorithm and you increase the chances of keeping your project alive.

Here are the benefits of market making:

Pumpers won’t be able to manipulate the markets as easily.

ZEIT is a Megalith of a coin, with ~35 billion coins and an interest rate of 15% yearly.
There were some pump attempts by the same group that pumped Mintcoin, at ZEIT they never made it past 3 sat.
Pumpers are of no real worry to a coin of our size, they just can't handle our numbers.
Our coin's price will have to grow by its true value, artificial pumping will fail, only true utility with a virtual economy will work.

Reduce the amount of slippage for all participants.
The project will have more miners because they’ll be able to sell coins to cover expenses. This will increase decentralization.
Merchants will actually consider accepting your coin.
Traders will be able to effectively execute orders. This leads to higher trading volume stats.
Developers will be able to pay themselves for their work.

I personally picture the Knights as the Backbone of the coin and a stabilizing force.
As the number of Knights grow, it will stabilize our price and eventually begin to raise it.
But it will be a slow effect, as Lion stated previously becoming a Knight takes a sizeable financial investment.
Anyone selling excessive amounts of ZEIT at a cheaper rate would be welcome sight to our fledgling soon to be Knights.

Exchanges will keep the coin listed and new exchanges may add it.
Holders will be happy to see their investment retain its value.
Coins that have higher trading volume tend to attract new users into the space. These new users are important to offset the selling pressure from miners, developers and merchants.
Developers for new coins should factor this into their business strategy and older projects may want to consider reviving their markets. Fail to do this and chances are your project may end up in a dusty graveyard of worthless altcoins. "

Our Current Six Exchanges are not delisting fanatics like C-Cex or Bittrex, so that is not really a concern at the moment.
Even in that many coins rely on a single exchange and are slammed when it goes under.
Tek & HBN Troubles after the cryptsy collapse , which they have still not recovered, did not even faze ZEIT.

Our Market cap will be between $200,000 & $500,000, while we are at the 15% rate, after the drop to 5%, I personally expect we will see a stable coin at ~$500,000 and a few months after a slow but steady increase.

Increasing utility use is paramount to ensuring our success, so I would ask everyone , to begin thinking on what services would they offer for ZEIT .
ZAN => ZEIT Ad Network will be a big part of creating a utility use totally outside of any Fiat conversions.
The more of us that offer a service that accepts only ZEIT , the more we create a virtual economy , and the sooner the valuation gets closer to what we know it's true value is.

My example: Optional Service with only ZEIT accepted for payment, No BTC or LTC or any other coins
The more of us that offer some type of service, the more we grow our ZEIT specific economy.
Optional Services for BlockChain SnapShots
Direct Link to Snapshot download
Exact Date created included in the Snapshot Post
SHA-256 Hash Generated so you can verify the File download matches the original created file.
Snapshot & BootStrap Updated every 2 weeks instead of ~ 2 Months
Current Price is 250 thousand ZEIT per month per coin to add these options.
(Only ZEIT Accepted)

Cool
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 01:00:56 AM

Keep talking good sir knight. Nice spike in volume today.
wjarmb

Activity: 57
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 05:01:26 AM

If you can trade here.     https://www.poloniex.com/    Angry
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 05:25:49 AM

If you can trade here.     https://www.poloniex.com/    Angry

@wjarmb ,
forget about poloniex , they don't offer anything we need.

However if you have a Favorite Chinese exchange, Ask them to add ZEIT to their trading pairs,
preferably a ZEIT / CNY  pairing now that would add something we could use.

If they agree we can provide the github and other information. Let me know.  Smiley

In the meantime You can trade here :
Exchange Status
alcurex  Online      
CoinExchangeOnline
CryptopiaOnline
NovaExchangeOnline
SouthXchangeOnline
Yobit Online      

Cool
Pages: « 1 ... 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 [733] 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 ... 861 »
  Print  

Jump to: