June 16, 2024, 08:52:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: ZEITCOIN
https://zeit-coin.net
https://zeit-knights.slack.com
https://t.me/zeit_coin

Pages: « 1 ... 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 [603] 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 ... 861 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS]  (Read 1009214 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 11:17:37 PM

In Another Exchange Bites the Dust News

CAVIRTEX exchange is closing.

http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-exchange-cavirtex-close-amid-security-banking-concerns/

Cool
banned_but_not_out

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 01:53:35 AM

CAVIRTEX exchange is closing.

http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-exchange-cavirtex-close-amid-security-banking-concerns/

Cool

After contacting hundreds of other coins about the BTER hack and how to stayed tuned, I can tell you that there are hundreds of coins out there ready to bite the dust as well. Their pages are like the desert. Zeitcoin must be one of the very few that has not only retained its value over the last 6 months, but has steadily increased it. We are entering a critical period. I like the continued exposure we're getting on the front page of coinmarketcap.

Can't write too much - sore finger - not from posting on all those pages, but from doing my bit on Valentine's Day. You always get a prick in a bunch of roses.  Wink
podizzle

Activity: 535
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 02:45:01 AM

in light of the exchange hacks zeitcoin can really capitalize on this to promote the coin as something to be held in private wallet. we can work on adding extra layers of security to the wallet (we Wink). zeit's high interest rate ties in with this and it will be seen as a badge of honor to hold coins as we watch the market value increase.
Furio
Legendary

Activity: 938

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 07:10:27 AM

in light of the exchange hacks zeitcoin can really capitalize on this to promote the coin as something to be held in private wallet. we can work on adding extra layers of security to the wallet (we Wink). zeit's high interest rate ties in with this and it will be seen as a badge of honor to hold coins as we watch the market value increase.

Cool id, the only repsonsible for these coins is you!!

banned_but_not_out

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 11:38:37 AM
Last edit: February 18, 2015, 05:24:40 PM by banned_but_not_out

I think there are lots of people who are responsible for the solid ground that this coin is built upon - Podizzle included. Some we take for granted and others long forgotten. I'm not mentioning names in case I miss somebody out - and most are well known to this forum anyway.
banned_but_not_out

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 12:18:45 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2015, 12:47:53 PM by banned_but_not_out

I read this in the Cointelegraph the other day about the Bitcoin core update:-

“Bitcoin Core now uses ‘headers-first synchronization’. This means that we first ask peers for block headers (a total of 27 megabytes, as of December 2014) and validate those. In a second stage, when the headers have been discovered, we download the blocks. However, as we already know about the whole chain in advance, the blocks can be downloaded in parallel from all available peers.”
http://cointelegraph.com/news/113498/daily-digest-bter-hacked-bitcoin-core-updated - (3rd article down).

Parallel block downloading - is that something we could use? How could it be done since syncing is a serial process ... isn't it?
banned_but_not_out

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 05:54:25 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2015, 06:27:40 PM by banned_but_not_out

Latest news from BTER for those who are affected:-

"We are seeking all ways to compensate our users including selling http://BTER.com  (Debits & funds not included): admin@mail.bter.com"

"CNY and USD withdrawals will be enabled first in these days and the crypto-coins (NXT etc)will be handled later when we make sure it's safe."
From their website:-

Get the latest updates at (获取最新进展):

Twitter:twitter.com/btercom
微博:weibo.com/btercom

BTER.com
Email:support@mail.bter.com
Phone:400-0070-955
QQ: 4000070955

'Seeking' ways including selling the website, which by their own admission is broken and not "safe" ... and "Debits & funds not included" doesn't sound too good. Translation for BTER Bitcoin wallet holders: Don't hold your breath.

BTER also sent me an email advising to keep checking the BTER website for updates - sounds like the window for reclaiming coins might be narrow. Translation: Don't blink.
brian_nguyen
Legendary

Activity: 1404
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 06:26:09 PM

“Bitcoin Core now uses ‘headers-first synchronization’. This means that we first ask peers for block headers (a total of 27 megabytes, as of December 2014) and validate those. In a second stage, when the headers have been discovered, we download the blocks. However, as we already know about the whole chain in advance, the blocks can be downloaded in parallel from all available peers.”
http://cointelegraph.com/news/113498/daily-digest-bter-hacked-bitcoin-core-updated - (3rd article down).

Parallel block downloading - is that something we could use? How could it be done since syncing is a serial process ... isn't it?

This is pretty interesting, blockchain download will be much faster using BitTorrent technology.
BainbridgeJ

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 07:44:52 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2015, 10:23:52 PM by BainbridgeJ

This is pretty interesting, blockchain download will be much faster using BitTorrent technology.
Parallel block downloading: could this be Zeitcoin's Manhattan Project? The other side have got it. The first altcoin to get it will be the new Litecoin.

Besides possibly the Bitcoin developers, in my humble opinion, Tranz at Hobonickels and Ray at Zeitcoin are two of the most dedicated and talented developers around. Ray, like Tranz, admits to his limitations, but still comes up with cutting edge solutions, not only for Zeitcoin, but for other coins too. We are very lucky to have him. Sometimes I think that we put too much weight on his shoulders, even though he grows from strength to strength as time goes by. In our ranks we may have/still have other capable developers (Fa San?), who could combine with Ray on this. Should we slap a Top Secret notice on this for the Knights to take up and develop internally?

May I also suggest non-staking Android wallets?  Wink Regardless, I like the way Zeitcoin is progressing.
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 08:05:33 PM

Latest news from BTER for those who are affected:-

"We are seeking all ways to compensate our users including selling http://BTER.com  (Debits & funds not included): admin@mail.bter.com"

"CNY and USD withdrawals will be enabled first in these days and the crypto-coins (NXT etc)will be handled later when we make sure it's safe."
From their website:-

Get the latest updates at (获取最新进展):

Twitter:twitter.com/btercom
微博:weibo.com/btercom

BTER.com

'Seeking' ways including selling the website, which by their own admission is broken and not "safe" ... and "Debits & funds not included" doesn't sound too good. Translation for BTER Bitcoin wallet holders: Don't hold your breath.

BTER also sent me an email advising to keep checking the BTER website for updates - sounds like the window for reclaiming coins might be narrow. Translation: Don't blink.

That selling of website, sounds a bit like Mintpal announcing that Moolah is taking over and from then on everything will be great. Most of us here remember what happened next.

this space is intentionally left blank
stevegreer
Legendary

Activity: 1148

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 10:24:42 PM

Looks like Mintcoin's pump is coming down. Hopefully they don't crash too hard after that.

kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 02:29:07 AM

Parallel block downloading: could this be Zeitcoin's Manhattan Project? The other side have got it. The first altcoin to get it will be the new Litecoin.

Besides possibly the Bitcoin developers, in my humble opinion, Tranz at Hobonickels and Ray at Zeitcoin are two of the most dedicated and talented developers around. Ray, like Tranz, admits to his limitations, but still comes up with cutting edge solutions, not only for Zeitcoin, but for other coins too. We are very lucky to have him. Sometimes I think that we put too much weight on his shoulders, even though he grows from strength to strength as time goes by. In our ranks we may have/still have other capable developers (Fa San?), who could combine with Ray on this. Should we slap a Top Secret notice on this for the Knights to take up and develop internally?

May I also suggest non-staking Android wallets?  Wink Regardless, I like the way Zeitcoin is progressing.

Agreed, Ray is amazing.

Been watching pandacoin's implementation of a lite and hybrid downloads of blockchains.
They have been covering up alot of the problems with it.
Lite mode only pulls downs headers , like the bitcoin model.
It does not allow staking, only transferring of coins, so it does not help network security at all.
Their hybrid mode has been having issues like crazy.
Tech's not ready for prime time for a POS coin yet.
POW guys can get away with it since their miners do all of the work, and their clients do very little.
POW guys problems, the mining does not cover the cost anymore.

The Android wallet will most likely be in mid 2016 , there are some security issues that we are monitoring , that may require a hard fork in a few months, and we will probably have to commission an android developer , so would rather wait til after we see if the security updates are necessary or not for the main software. Now if we have any android developers in the zeit community, PM me.

Thanks for the ideas, keep em coming.

Cool
YoBit
Legendary

Activity: 1007
Merit: 1010

★YoBit.Net★

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2015, 12:56:25 PM

Dear Forum Members!

ZeitCoin Dice is open: https://yobit.net/en/dice/ZEIT

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Rent_a_Ray
Legendary

Activity: 1337
Merit: 1044

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 05:29:49 PM

Did not read the article but the zeit client allows bootstraping (import the chain via file instead of the network).
I think it's not a big deal. Everything we need is available - we simply have to put it together.

Cheers
Rent_a_Ray
Legendary

Activity: 1337
Merit: 1044

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 08:04:08 PM

Just saw the news about BTER. Seems I took a hit. I hope not too many others were affected. We were warned. Here's the latest on what BTER have to say on their website :-

7170 BTC got stolen from our cold wallet in this transaction:

https://blockchain.info/tx/f5b0363f03e1ed8bb812c135361ea93590c831ce9f13a3750be1b93575baccc6

720 BTC bounty for chasing it back.

All wallets have been shut down and withdrawals of the unaffected coins will be arranged later.

BTER.com

Question 1: If it's a cold wallet, how can the coins be stolen?

Question 2: Are we fated in that just as we get to the top of a coin vote poll, the exchange closes down!? We were at least 8th out of 256 and rising faster than all the other coins on BTER.

Q1: Inside job. If you have the private key everything is possible. Cold storage isn't a solution. Thief can import the key --> the wallet is hot.
Different scenario: Bruteforcing with vanitygen, high calculation power and a lot of luck. (watch my signature - It took ~10 Minutes with an old AMD card.)

There are some webpages with thousands of random-generated keypairs - If a key matches with an existing key (let's say the thief is monitoring all accounts >1000 BTC against his database) he would be the winner. And the next question could be: Is "thief" the right term then? (I don't know how key generation in Bitcoin core works, but if it works with a system time randomizer, you could try to generate addresses with a manipulated system time. But that's only a thought.)

A "good" key generation could be: Mouse moving + personal message + systime + actual CPU temperature + ID of the third process in your taskmanager + hash of the current block.

Had too much beer today.

Cheers,
Ray

You're alright. Everyone deserves a drink every now and then. In fact have another. I have a question to ask you.

Say a large number of Bitcoins went missing at a big exchange and you had the blockchain info, how would you 'chase it back' so that the person responsible would be identified and the coins recovered?

Let's pluck a random figure out of the air ... completely out of the blue ... say 7170 BTC for instance ... and the blockchain info was ... hmmmm, let me think ... let's say:-

https://blockchain.info/tx/f5b0363f03e1ed8bb812c135361ea93590c831ce9f13a3750be1b93575baccc6

Purely hypothetical of course, but how would you do it? Now take your time ... nice and slow, while I take notes ...

The thief will get 720 BTC bounty for sending the stolen coins (-10%) back.
No tracing, no fear, no lawsuits and no hitmen - everyone is happy with the solution and the thief would become a hero.

It isn't easy to change 7170 BTC into bucks without exposing your identity, am I right?

Cheers

nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1596

Well hello there!

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 09:00:08 PM

Dear Forum Members!

Just created an account on your site.  E-mail verification process went nice and smooth however when I tried to turn on Google 2FA it wouldn't accept my authentication code to enable.  I decided to go ahead and give the site a try despite 2FA problem so I sent 10 Zeit to my yobit's wallet for testing.  So far nothing has shown up :/

txid: 679d0eba3fddc7b702b01fe7ccc9aa5f420d9d6919a79cf3677850caefca638c

Any ideas as to why this isn't being credited yet?

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
LionOfNarnia

Activity: 938

Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 10:40:00 PM

Dear Forum Members!

Just created an account on your site.  E-mail verification process went nice and smooth however when I tried to turn on Google 2FA it wouldn't accept my authentication code to enable.  I decided to go ahead and give the site a try despite 2FA problem so I sent 10 Zeit to my yobit's wallet for testing.  So far nothing has shown up :/

txid: 679d0eba3fddc7b702b01fe7ccc9aa5f420d9d6919a79cf3677850caefca638c

Any ideas as to why this isn't being credited yet?

Because gambling - all forms of gambling - are a form of legalised scam that only really benefits those who run them, and the 'spirit of the cosmos' is subtly speaking to you to mend your ways before it's too late?

Just because some outside entity announces something here does not mean that it is approved by the guardians of the this coin.

Remember cryptodouble!

Member of the UK Digital Currency Association * Bitrated user: LionOfNarnia. * Member of the ZeitKnights * Member of the Bytecent Community Team

"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 11:39:40 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2015, 09:58:30 AM by kiklo

We all know of Bter Hack , Excoin and HitBTC also suffered a hack attack.

http://newsbtc.com/2015/02/16/bter-allegedly-first-long-line-hackings-attacks/

Never leave a lot of coins on an exchange for long amounts of time.

Cool

Update :
Add kipcoin to the list.
http://newsbtc.com/2015/02/19/chinese-bitcoin-exchange-kipcoin-shuts-claims-losing-3000-btc-hackers/
groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 10:06:50 AM

has anyone tried Lazycoins yet? i sent them a stack of zeits yesterday, addy dbl checked and tx confirmed, they are no sho. ticket opened.

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 10:19:28 AM
Last edit: February 20, 2015, 11:09:47 AM by kiklo

has anyone tried Lazycoins yet? i sent them a stack of zeits yesterday, addy dbl checked and tx confirmed, they are no sho. ticket opened.

It's not all good news, guys:-

LazyCoins ‏@LazyCoins  18 minutes ago
The following markets will be delisted on 9th Feb:

Zeit, Cinni, Raw, Razor, Librex, Acoin

I had a couple of hundred thousand there, waiting for action, but I've just moved them to...

... well it's a choice of 2, but I'm not saying which Wink

Only active exchanges are Comkort & Cryptsy & YoBit.net .
Contact Lazycoins and ask them to return your coins, it usually takes 24 hours for them to accept a deposit or make a withdrawal since they do everything by hand.

Cool

FYI:
I did ask them why was zeit being delisted to see if there was a reason,
their reply makes me think they are out of touch with reality
Maybe they can't read or compare market cap #s.   Tongue
We review all our current coins periodically and we haven't seen much going on in the zeit community for the past few reviews.
regards
Your Lazycoins.com HelpDesk Team,
LazyCoins

They still have zeitcoin /btc  market on their site, so I don't know what they are doing.
May have to replace the L with a Cr in their title.
Pages: « 1 ... 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 [603] 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 ... 861 »
  Print  

Jump to: