June 16, 2024, 08:56:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: ZEITCOIN
https://zeit-coin.net
https://zeit-knights.slack.com
https://t.me/zeit_coin

Pages: « 1 ... 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 [606] 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 ... 861 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS]  (Read 1009214 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 08:24:28 AM

Curious.  Haven't had a Minting payout since the 5th of this month.  Anybody else having these kind of irregular payouts?

*also curious as to whether or not there is an equivalent [getstakinginfo] command in Zeitcoin so I can ensure it's minting properly?

Earliest Minting can happen is 20 days after block was created.
If the amount of zeit in the block is 50,000 or over will usually mint within 3 days after the 20th day.
If the amount of zeit in the block is under 1000 minting will take longer.

If you encrypted the wallet , you need to unlock it for it to mint.
If you did not update to the version 2.0.1.5 , you will have minting problems.
If you only sync up occasionally, then minting will take longer.
(The more you leave the Zeit Wallet connected the more chances it has to mint, since we are all competing for stake when in sync and online.)

Go under Coin Control and check the dates the blocks were created, if the blocks are younger than 40 days, just wait , if they still have not minted after 60 days , then you want to use coin control and merge them if your amount are below 100 per block , but 1000 per block should mint in less than 45 days at our current network difficulty level.
Coin Control Tips
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=487814.msg10296134#msg10296134

FYI:
The more blocks that are staking the more secure our network.
If your block takes over 40 days to mint , then the block is not split in 2 , but the amount is just added to the new block created. It is the Automatic Coin / Block control feature in zeit , to help secure and balance out the network.

Cool

2nd FYI:
Once a block does mint say on Feb 5th, it starts the 20 day cycle over since it created a new block,
and the earliest that new block can mint will be Feb 25.
Appreciate the detailed response kiklo.  I am currently running version 2.0.1.5 with an existing balance of > 1mil zeit presently.

Also appreciate the link showing how to access the Coin Control Tips.  Wasn't even aware that feature existed within the zeit wallet.  Although honestly it would be great to have some sort of RPC command built directly into into the qt client for displaying coin minting related information.  TBH, I'm not entirely sure what all of this stuff means under coin control window as of yet but will take a closer look at it when I can.

I suspect I'm just going to have to wait another a few more days to complete 20-day cycle from last minting and just take it from there.  More than likely I'm just getting to anxious Smiley

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 09:17:52 AM

I'm a big supporter of zeit and client mining, but your theory about POS beating POW has been disproved, it's simply not true and leeds to other difficulty not solving the problem what bitcoin and other crypto stand for, namely selling coins to maintain the network, people with pos refuse to spend their coins, grinding the theory about crypto nto a halt...

Interesting way to look at it , but think about it like this.
If all the people with POS refused to spend the coins why is it that the trading volume on cryptsy stays at least ~200 million zeit, people are selling their zeit coins and alot of people are giving away the interest for whatever the buy price is currently, that is why most POS coins that have a decent amount are all below 10 satochis.
Also on Comkort zeit was purchased up to 590 sat, and someone just added 1,554,275 of zeit at 589 sat.
Also most people can't believe it will rise to $1, they only see maybe a doubling at best, so they are selling whenever it hits the imaginary # they feel is too high. It will literally be their loss.

We don't have the requirements POW have,  they need more resources every 2 weeks to keep the same output.
After 1 year Zeitcoin will run on the same hardware just as well as the previous year,
Electricity & Asics prices will eventually kill all POW coins , the last survivor will be BTC , who will be either completely controlled by the corporations or the world governments.
Zeit will be the only coin that survives BTC , as we don't have it limitations.

Examples,
BTC miners quit mining because BTC price was too low.
Too many quit and you have a 51% attack or the BTC network dies as the blockchain freezes.
Our Zeit Network run on PCs , as an app that can be minimized , and basically costs us nothing since we are using our PCs anyway. So our network can run no matter how the price of zeit change.  
POW can not match that.

And Zeit Speed compared to BTC and even LTC, is amazing.
Zeit leaves both in the dust speed wise.

Cool
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 10:11:05 AM

@Groggin

Did Lazycoins return your Zeitcoins to you yet?

Cool
groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 01:38:06 PM

@Groggin

Did Lazycoins return your Zeitcoins to you yet?

Cool

hi kiklo - thanks for your concern and support! No, 'they' acknowledged the ticket but no human has responded yet   Angry

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
LionOfNarnia

Activity: 938

Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 02:33:53 PM

IP: 87.112.161.175

(Yes, that's the same as last week, maybe I've sorted the static IP problem after all.)

The server is live now, so if you wanna check your connections/headset etc or even have a private chat, just go ahead. I won't be giving it serious attention until 21:00 though. Any probs, post here please. Lets see if we can break the attendance record (again!) tonight Cheesy

Member of the UK Digital Currency Association * Bitrated user: LionOfNarnia. * Member of the ZeitKnights * Member of the Bytecent Community Team

"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"
Furio
Legendary

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 08:58:38 AM

I'm a big supporter of zeit and client mining, but your theory about POS beating POW has been disproved, it's simply not true and leeds to other difficulty not solving the problem what bitcoin and other crypto stand for, namely selling coins to maintain the network, people with pos refuse to spend their coins, grinding the theory about crypto nto a halt...

Interesting way to look at it , but think about it like this.
If all the people with POS refused to spend the coins why is it that the trading volume on cryptsy stays at least ~200 million zeit, people are selling their zeit coins and alot of people are giving away the interest for whatever the buy price is currently, that is why most POS coins that have a decent amount are all below 10 satochis.
Also on Comkort zeit was purchased up to 590 sat, and someone just added 1,554,275 of zeit at 589 sat.
Also most people can't believe it will rise to $1, they only see maybe a doubling at best, so they are selling whenever it hits the imaginary # they feel is too high. It will literally be their loss.

We don't have the requirements POW have,  they need more resources every 2 weeks to keep the same output.
After 1 year Zeitcoin will run on the same hardware just as well as the previous year,
Electricity & Asics prices will eventually kill all POW coins , the last survivor will be BTC , who will be either completely controlled by the corporations or the world governments.
Zeit will be the only coin that survives BTC , as we don't have it limitations.

Examples,
BTC miners quit mining because BTC price was too low.
Too many quit and you have a 51% attack or the BTC network dies as the blockchain freezes.
Our Zeit Network run on PCs , as an app that can be minimized , and basically costs us nothing since we are using our PCs anyway. So our network can run no matter how the price of zeit change.  
POW can not match that.

And Zeit Speed compared to BTC and even LTC, is amazing.
Zeit leaves both in the dust speed wise.

Cool

By that logic POW isn't a problem either, look at all the people trading btc and ltc....

uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 05:36:42 PM

I think it is the short-term focus of the majority of people who are in the altcoin market that makes PoS fail (or not work as good as intended).
Setting long-term view and having a reasonable PoS interest rates, as in case of ZEIT, should work, at least in theory - no doubt about that.
It doesn't however, because the potential profits to be made from trading overweight the interest you can get from staking and the risk of holding your coins short-term on an exchange, combined.

this space is intentionally left blank
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 05:52:04 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2015, 10:43:13 PM by kiklo

By that logic POW isn't a problem either, look at all the people trading btc and ltc....

People do a lot of things before they realized the truth.
Barbershop blood letting was one.  Mining POW coins at a financial loss is another.
In my logic POW is not sustainable in the long run, it will be government or corporate controlled.
POS Profit can run forever due to the fact it causes no additional drain of resources ,
financial or electrical.
If your logic does not agree with that, we can just agree to disagree and let history shows which of our concepts was accurate.

Cool
JJ12880

Activity: 671
Merit: 501

Blockchain and stuff

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 06:18:55 PM

Hello Ladies and GentleKnights!

Would someone be able to point me in the direction of a windows ZeitCoin daemon? I am working on testing a project that will hopefully become a windows multi-coin wallet. Some of my friends use ZeitCoin, and I would like to be able to have it as a supported coin.

Thanks!
JJ12880

Radium  Bringing Advanced Utility to the Blockchain!
BTC Thread | Telegram
Rent_a_Ray
Legendary

Activity: 1337
Merit: 1044

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 07:02:01 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2015, 07:33:32 PM by Rent_a_Ray

Would someone be able to point me in the direction of a windows ZeitCoin daemon? I am working on testing a project that will hopefully become a windows multi-coin wallet. Some of my friends use ZeitCoin, and I would like to be able to have it as a supported coin.

Thanks!
JJ12880

You could compile it yourself. It's the safest way.
A Multiwallet (only for win) with different (standalone) Full-Node-Services makes no sense. User has an amount of 300 GB in chains with 40 daemons running - why should anyone do that? You need a solution like Electrum with multiple coins without having fullnodes.

You are a newbie and you're asking for precompiled code for your project? Excuse me, but how would you realize a mammoth project like that? It's as useless like a cigar without tobacco.

Cheers,
Zay

(please don't think about .NET GUI with multiple RPC calls to different daemons. Nobody needs something like that)
LionOfNarnia

Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 07:59:18 PM

JJ might be new here, but he is certainly not new to crypto.

I can vouch for his technical abilities through my experiences over at CoinBlab.

His ideas may not fit in with our ideas of how to progress, but perhaps we should, at the very least, be a little bit grateful that someone from outside our community thinks we are worth including in large-scale projects.

Member of the UK Digital Currency Association * Bitrated user: LionOfNarnia. * Member of the ZeitKnights * Member of the Bytecent Community Team

"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"
Rent_a_Ray
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 08:37:53 PM

JJ might be new here, but he is certainly not new to crypto.

I can vouch for his technical abilities through my experiences over at CoinBlab.

His ideas may not fit in with our ideas of how to progress, but perhaps we should, at the very least, be a little bit grateful that someone from outside our community thinks we are worth including in large-scale projects.

You're right - sorry.
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 08:42:41 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2015, 09:52:09 PM by kiklo

Thanks!
JJ12880

Most Coins that I know of, only have Daemons for Linux,
for windows you want a windows service , that would be the closest to a linux daemon.
Porting a linux daemon to a windows service , requires extreme amounts of effort and changes to the code to make it work, (to the best of my knowledge on the subject).
A multiwallet for POW is no big problem as their wallets do very little, and their asics do all of the work,
Our POS wallets do the jobs of the asics ,keeping the network running & providing secutity, so alot more will be going on with a multiwallet with POS coins. Also many POS coins running at once would require a minimum of 12 network connects per POS coin to actively support its network.  If any POS coin in your multiwallet changes anything that requires a hardfork, your program would require an update.

But if you know of anyone that ports linux daemons to windows services, let me know, and I will look into it price wise since their may be other possible uses in addition to yours.

Cool

FYI:
Here is the link to the source code ,
https://github.com/zeitcoin/zeitcoin
JJ12880

Activity: 671
Merit: 501

Blockchain and stuff

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 03:55:05 AM

Hey guys, thanks for the input.

(please don't think about .NET GUI with multiple RPC calls to different daemons. Nobody needs something like that)

Sorry to disappoint, but this was Exactly what I was thinking, lol.  While not a true multi-wallet, it would serve my purpose.  Most of my projects are problem oriented, and are built for me and my purposes first. If other people find them useful, then wonderful, but that is not the original goal.  Any programs I would release to the public would be done open source, and on github so the code could be reviewed. My current problem, is that Ive gotten tired of having multiple GUI's open for multiple coins. I tend to use my wallets on a regular basis because I trade regularly, and also move my coins off the exchanges when I can.  I want to have one window, where I can see all my coins, and perform basic send/receive functions from one integrated UI.   I prefer to work smarter, not harder, and a .net GUI that sits on top of the coin wallets/daemons that I want to access is the quickest and easiest way to solve my problem.  

Many many (older) coins ship with both the QT wallet and the coind.exe, and while perhaps not a TRUE daemon in the purest sense but rather a headless wallet, its the common windows equivalent.  Yes, I could compile my own "headless wallet" but i figured id ask if anyone had one laying around before I went through the trouble. If not, no worries.

I was developing in .net long before Litecoin was ever a thing, and that is what I am fastest with, so that is my language of choice for this project.  Furthermore, running a UI on top of existing code helps to ensure that I don't bungle up some inner workings of a coin, especially considering the various unique nuances of some coins. Making the wallet this way, essentially turns the various "daemons" into plugins, and I ( or whoever else) can pick and choose what coins they want to have open. Yes, you have to have the blockchain for each coin, yes you need to be able to support multiple network connections, yes, it will take system resources, but no more than will running each wallet individually. Also, yes there are dangers of messing up the accounts, but this is just a GUI, not a new CryptRush.  I am not offended by others suggestions and/or criticisms so long as they are founded and constructive.  I am interested in hearing why nobody needs a way to integrate multiple wallets, and/or why it should not be done in .net. Perhaps nobody else wants it, but I want it, so that's good enough for me Smiley

JJ12880

Radium  Bringing Advanced Utility to the Blockchain!
BTC Thread | Telegram
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 06:56:47 AM

OK , now I understand what you are doing.
Sorry, not something we have been using so you will probably need to compile one.
Checked some other POS coins ,they also did not have one anymore.

I mention the network connections because the POS is better with 12 connections,
but you can restrict network connections to just 2 or 3 for each POW coin helping to cut down on net traffic.

Multiwallet verses Singlewallet , probably will be a personal preference for most,
I only keep ZeitCoin , any other coin I end of using the exchanges wallets to bounce them about.
But if you want multiple coins on your own PC, I can see the appeal.

Good Luck with your Multiwallet.

Cool
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 07:52:23 AM

Proof of ZeitKnight!
Only 4 Days Left of Feb. Registrations
Only the 1st 15 Knights will be accepted for Feb Registrations.
All others will have to wait til the next registration.

Rules for posting ,
1st 15 with at least 100 Million Zeitcoins in 1 Address confirmed by the Block Explorer will be Zeit Knights.
New Knights will be confirmed in order of posting, so if you are the 16th one, you will have to try again at the next registration.

Goto https://chainz.cryptoid.info/zeit/   and verify your amount of zeit is at least 100 million.
Copy & Paste your zeit address in the search box and hit enter.
Copy & Paste  your Address & Balance  in a POST
Example Post:

Name:                 Kiklo
Address               MgUFJ2AJvhaWsW4kkfwoDuzy2pZSQLJB63       
Balance               109,697,169.412637 ZEIT

Once your Post is up, We will send you 2025 zeitcoins within 12 hours, after you receive the zeitcoins,
Use Coin Control and send back exactly 2015 zeitcoins to MgUFJ2AJvhaWsW4kkfwoDuzy2pZSQLJB63 , from the 2025 that was sent to you.

(Only send from the block of 2025 sent to you, sending from another block , can cause the entire block amount to be subtracted from your total by the block explorer stats.)

This confirms your ownership of the Account.
Within 24 hours of confirming ownership of the account,
A Post will be added to the Zeit Forum of your Achievement & ZEIT KNIGHTHOOD!!!

Cool

Only 5 left for Feb 2015.
Rent_a_Ray
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 08:44:37 AM

.........why nobody needs a way to integrate multiple wallets, and/or why it should not be done in .net. Perhaps nobody else wants it, but I want it, so that's good enough for me Smiley

JJ12880

zeitcoind.exe win32 2.0.1.5-gauntlet
https://mega.co.nz/#!ogM20LTK!iu6NeToe6tvTJEWxP5QXglFKosT5GxAm2e5LuH3GtVc
CoinQuest

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 09:54:47 AM

Becoming a ZeitKnight sounds great, but alas I downloaded the new wallet and it won't finish syncing in februari.
Got my Zeit in 5 adresses need my wallet synced up to park it all in one adress for the proof of zeit.

^&%*&$%#$##
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 10:49:24 AM

Becoming a ZeitKnight sounds great, but alas I downloaded the new wallet and it won't finish syncing in februari.
Got my Zeit in 5 adresses need my wallet synced up to park it all in one adress for the proof of zeit.

^&%*&$%#$##
you don't need to download the whole blockchain. Just take the most recent snapshot of the blockchain from kiklo's posts (link should be in the OP, too) and update just the reminder. It should save you a lot of time!

this space is intentionally left blank
CoinQuest

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 02:26:54 PM

Can't find a link to a snapshot.
Been holding a good hoard of zeit for 51 weeks now. Spent most of februari trying to sync up the new wallet.

This 1 adress rule for proof of knightship is just great.

Pages: « 1 ... 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 [606] 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 ... 861 »
  Print  

Jump to: