June 22, 2024, 10:05:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: ZEITCOIN
https://zeit-coin.net
https://zeit-knights.slack.com
https://t.me/zeit_coin

Pages: « 1 ... 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 [791] 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 ... 861 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS]  (Read 1009219 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
ducphuc01hp

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 01:55:27 PM

Hi.

We will have 1 swapcoin or 1 masternode for ZEIT coin

Neither.

We don't need a swap.
Masternodes steal coins from the community, so we won't be doing that.

Cool

why not.
Look at HTML5 to make a swapcoin
Take a look at the EMB implementation of a masternode
r0cinante

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 07:22:53 PM

Hi.

Neither.

We don't need a swap.

Cool

why not.
Look at HTML5 to make a swapcoin
Take a look at the EMB implementation of a masternode

why not.
Look at HTML5 ...

what kiklo said. masternodes feed the ritch, with ZEITCOIN , everyone runs a full node, so EVERYONE can benefit from the opportunity presented, equally. decentralized, ZEITCOIN  Grin
cyberpitstop

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 07:27:45 PM

Hi.

Neither.

We don't need a swap.

Cool

I would be interested to hear more about why you have this opinion of master nodes and their effect on the community.
Thanks!
dollux

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 09:03:59 PM

Hi.

Neither.

We don't need a swap.

Cool

I would be interested to hear more about why you have this opinion of master nodes and their effect on the community.
Thanks!

This is my opinion.

Master Nodes are like the present day banking system, third party players, they deal with your money for you, not you dealing with your own money, so they are quite the oposit to decentralisation and crypto was suposed to be about getting rid of the middle man, that is the simple answer, they take controle away from you, making you dependent on them and they get the lions share of the rewards from staking or transaction fees, so they hold all the cards and you pay them for the privilage.

KikloV

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 03:37:00 AM

r0cinante & dollux nailed the problems with Masternodes

1.  ZEIT does not need or want them to steal from the community.

2.  All ZEIT Nodes are Full Nodes.

** Other coins are using masternodes for the hype and in the hope it is a offset for their inflation, so their price per coin increases. **

Problem with that line of thinking , is this : It is a temporary solution to their inflation problems.

ZEIT ULI implementation is a permanent solution,
without allowing the rich to steal from the poor thru masternode taxation of their coin generation.

Problem with Swaps,
1.  You alway have people miss the swap and lose their investment.

2.  Other coins have swapped 3 or more times , they get a short term pump in price and then a crash.
   (Swaps are a waste of time unless you are scamming the community.)
   (There are tricks where dirty devs can profit thur swaps.) (Not that all do, but it opens the option.)

@ZEIT , we are going to Keep our coin network as fair as possible for everyone.
Rent_a_Ray and the Knights will keep it fair for all.

There is enough corruption and shenanigans in the world, we don't want that here.
So no swaps & no masternodes.

Cool
ducphuc01hp

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 06:34:57 AM

r0cinante & dollux nailed the problems with Masternodes

1.  ZEIT does not need or want them to steal from the community.

2.  All ZEIT Nodes are Full Nodes.

** Other coins are using masternodes for the hype and in the hope it is a offset for their inflation, so their price per coin increases. **

Problem with that line of thinking , is this : It is a temporary solution to their inflation problems.

ZEIT ULI implementation is a permanent solution,
without allowing the rich to steal from the poor thru masternode taxation of their coin generation.

Problem with Swaps,
1.  You alway have people miss the swap and lose their investment.

2.  Other coins have swapped 3 or more times , they get a short term pump in price and then a crash.
   (Swaps are a waste of time unless you are scamming the community.)
   (There are tricks where dirty devs can profit thur swaps.) (Not that all do, but it opens the option.)

@ZEIT , we are going to Keep our coin network as fair as possible for everyone.
Rent_a_Ray and the Knights will keep it fair for all.

There is enough corruption and shenanigans in the world, we don't want that here.
So no swaps & no masternodes.

Cool

OK Thanks you !
Btonak

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 10:15:41 AM

Ok, first post ever, although I have been reading theforums for a long time.

I think it has been discussed before, and I agree that Zeit can be much more than it currently is if it gets wider adoption. Unfortunately in this day and age, even people who do due diligence are prone to be attracted by the packaging rather than the content. What I mean by that is that an attractive, modern, sleek website can do wonders. Nothing against the current website, it does its work, but it cannot compete against others both in presentation and content.

How about setting up a fund where all of us can contribute, in order to use the services of a professional web developer and graphic designer?

What this coin needs is more exposure, even if it is achieved via simple methods as fancy colours and pictures. The content is stable as it is, packaging not.
KikloV

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 11:00:54 AM

I think it has been discussed before, and I agree that Zeit can be much more than it currently is if it gets wider adoption. Unfortunately in this day and age, even people who do due diligence are prone to be attracted by the packaging rather than the content. What I mean by that is that an attractive, modern, sleek website can do wonders. Nothing against the current website, it does its work, but it cannot compete against others both in presentation and content.

How about setting up a fund where all of us can contribute, in order to use the services of a professional web developer and graphic designer?

What this coin needs is more exposure, even if it is achieved via simple methods as fancy colours and pictures. The content is stable as it is, packaging not.

Rent_a_Ray has done a great job as far as I am concerned.

But Ray did agreed to turn over web design to Ebolansk, months ago.

So if you have direct questions about web design or helping him, PM Ebolansk.
** You can also use the development forum in the Zeit-Knights.slack.com  **

Cool
ebolansk

Activity: 27

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 02:58:25 PM

Rent_a_Ray has done a great job as far as I am concerned.

But Ray did agreed to turn over web design to Ebolansk, months ago.

So if you have direct questions about web design or helping him, PM Ebolansk.
** You can also use the development forum in the Zeit-Knights.slack.com  **

Cool

i'm currently developing a new page for ZEIT. Release Date will be somewhere at the end of this month.
KikloV

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 09:32:49 AM
Last edit: September 13, 2017, 10:03:23 AM by KikloV

Neutrino requires segwit.
Once a Blockchain is infected with segwit , it can never be removed.

Segwit allows counterfeiting & fractional reserve shenanigans thru 3rd party side chains.
Which Blockstream has applied for a patent on those segwit enabled side chains.
https://patents.google.com/patent/US20160330034A1/en?assignee=blockstream

So basically,  Hell will freeze over before we corrupt the ZEIT blockchain with the trojan horse known as segwit.

Also any coin stupid enough to include segwit in their blockchain,
could face a lawsuit for patent infringement.
https://falkvinge.net/2017/05/01/blockstream-patents-segwit-makes-pieces-fall-place/
Blockstream having patents in Segwit makes all the weird pieces of the last three years fall perfectly into place
Based on Blockstream’s behavior in the Bitcoin community, I have become absolutely certain that Segwit contains patents that Blockstream and/or their owners have planned to use offensively. I base this not on having read the actual patents, for they can be kept secret for quite some time; I base this on observing Blockstream’s behavior, and having seen the exact same behavior many times before in the past 20 years from entities that all went bankrupt.

ZEIT
can not be counterfeit and is immune from segwit related hacking or lawsuits and we plan on keeping it that way.

Cool

FYI:
Offchain Transactions are already available for ZEIT by using either Cryptopia or NovaExchange.
They both allow your coins stored with them to be transferred offchain to another Exchange User.
Offchain Transfers are instant and perfect for retail transactions  ,where you need the complete exchange of funds to occur in less than 10 seconds. (No one likes a slow line at a store.)
dollux

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 02:29:32 AM

Segwit allows counterfeiting & fractional reserve shenanigans thru 3rd party side chains.

So basically,  Hell will freeze over before we corrupt the ZEIT blockchain with the trojan horse known as segwit.

https://falkvinge.net/2017/05/01/blockstream-patents-segwit-makes-pieces-fall-place/
Blockstream having patents in Segwit makes all the weird pieces of the last three years fall perfectly into place
Based on Blockstream’s behavior in the Bitcoin community, I have become absolutely certain that Segwit contains patents that Blockstream and/or their owners have planned to use offensively. I base this not on having read the actual patents, for they can be kept secret for quite some time; I base this on observing Blockstream’s behavior, and having seen the exact same behavior many times before in the past 20 years from entities that all went bankrupt.

ZEIT
can not be counterfeit and is immune from segwit related hacking or lawsuits and we plan on keeping it that way.

Cool

FYI:
Offchain Transactions are already available for ZEIT by using either Cryptopia or NovaExchange.
They both allow your coins stored with them to be transferred offchain to another Exchange User.
Offchain Transfers are instant and perfect for retail transactions  ,where you need the complete exchange of funds to occur in less than 10 seconds. (No one likes a slow line at a store.)

Yup, I can't fault this, the whole fiasco is steaming and smelly.

Good to know, thanks, "ZEIT can not be counterfeit and is immune from segwit related hacking or lawsuits and we plan on keeping it that way."

"FYI:
Offchain Transfers are instant and perfect for retail transactions  ,where you need the complete exchange of funds to occur in less than 10 seconds. (No one likes a slow line at a store.)"

I don't know enough about this, perhaps you might be kind enough to elaborate or give us a pointer where we might find one.

Good info, thanks again.
KikloV

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 06:07:25 AM
Last edit: September 15, 2017, 06:21:21 AM by KikloV

Offchain transactions , is when a 3rd party process the transactions for you and another individual.
On Nova exchange go to balances, and click the down arrow beside ZEIT and select Send zeitcoins to a novaexchange user.
On Cryptopia , go to balances and click on the two arrows icon beside zeitcoin,
(if you hold your mouse over it , it shows transfer ZEIT) , which you can then send an amount to another Cryptopia user.
Both allow you to send your stored coins on these exchanges to another user on that specific exchange instantly.  So after that , you can let them stay on the exchanges or withdrawal your coins to your local wallet.
Main advantage to Offchain transactions is speed, you don't have to wait for the blockchain, which even thru ZEIT is one of the fastest chains with a 30 second blockspeed.
Waiting for 4 confirmations is on average 2 minutes, in the future when people use ZEIT at a grocery store or coffee shop by paying offchain their transaction can be completed as fast if not faster than a credit card.  Smiley
Plus you only need to know that retailers exchange name to instantly pay them from your tablet , and all they have to do is look at their balance to confirm payment.

Disadvantages to offchain , is that there is no record of your individual transactions onchain (in the Blockchain), so payments for larger purchases where you want a receipt online like a house or car, you would always do onchain, which the paperwork signing takes on average ½ hour , adding 2 minutes is nothing.

Some people may use the exchanges offchain services like gift cards, and load then up and refill when needed. Other Advantage to Offchain is it gives the coin , unlimited bursts of transaction capacity, meaning a coin with an offchain services can match or even exceed Visa or Mastercard.

One of the advantages to Exchanges offchain Services verses Lightening network.
Exchanges are just moving the coins from 1 account to the other in their ledger and then immediately letting you sell or withdrawal that amount. No Time Locking Delays like LN.

LN will Lock users funds in place and send LN notes (Representations of the Coin's value) to other LN Hubs.
Basically LN acts as a bank , and you only find out if their notes were good when you redeem them for the coins, which due to their locking system , may be days, weeks or months after you completed a transaction.
One of LN's unspoken goals is to eventually have locked the majority of coins on a coin network.
At some point they activate a fractional reserve , meaning they give you multiple notes for only 1 coin.
(The above act will destroy Satoshi's attempt to stop the Bankers fractional reserve shenanigans.)  
https://wakeupfromyourslumber.blogspot.com/2005/12/origins-of-fractional-reserve-banking.html
https://forum.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-discussion/how-the-lightning-network-could-ultimately-destroy-bitcoin-t21092.html

Cool
dollux

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 02:05:33 PM

Offchain transactions , is when a 3rd party process the transactions for you and another individual.
On Nova exchange go to balances, and click the down arrow beside ZEIT and select Send zeitcoins to a novaexchange user.
On Cryptopia , go to balances and click on the two arrows icon beside zeitcoin,
(if you hold your mouse over it , it shows transfer ZEIT) , which you can then send an amount to another Cryptopia user.
Both allow you to send your stored coins on these exchanges to another user on that specific exchange instantly.  So after that , you can let them stay on the exchanges or withdrawal your coins to your local wallet.
Main advantage to Offchain transactions is speed, you don't have to wait for the blockchain, which even thru ZEIT is one of the fastest chains with a 30 second blockspeed.
Waiting for 4 confirmations is on average 2 minutes, in the future when people use ZEIT at a grocery store or coffee shop by paying offchain their transaction can be completed as fast if not faster than a credit card.  Smiley
Plus you only need to know that retailers exchange name to instantly pay them from your tablet , and all they have to do is look at their balance to confirm payment.

Disadvantages to offchain , is that there is no record of your individual transactions onchain (in the Blockchain), so payments for larger purchases where you want a receipt online like a house or car, you would always do onchain, which the paperwork signing takes on average ½ hour , adding 2 minutes is nothing.

Some people may use the exchanges offchain services like gift cards, and load then up and refill when needed. Other Advantage to Offchain is it gives the coin , unlimited bursts of transaction capacity, meaning a coin with an offchain services can match or even exceed Visa or Mastercard.

One of the advantages to Exchanges offchain Services verses Lightening network.
Exchanges are just moving the coins from 1 account to the other in their ledger and then immediately letting you sell or withdrawal that amount. No Time Locking Delays like LN.

LN will Lock users funds in place and send LN notes (Representations of the Coin's value) to other LN Hubs.
Basically LN acts as a bank , and you only find out if their notes were good when you redeem them for the coins, which due to their locking system , may be days, weeks or months after you completed a transaction.
One of LN's unspoken goals is to eventually have locked the majority of coins on a coin network.
At some point they activate a fractional reserve , meaning they give you multiple notes for only 1 coin.
(The above act will destroy Satoshi's attempt to stop the Bankers fractional reserve shenanigans.)  
https://wakeupfromyourslumber.blogspot.com/2005/12/origins-of-fractional-reserve-banking.html
https://forum.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-discussion/how-the-lightning-network-could-ultimately-destroy-bitcoin-t21092.html

Cool

Thanks, I may get back to this later when I have in my head better.
Bitcoin!

Activity: 768
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 08:07:33 PM

What are the links? An update about this channels should be on zeitcoin website!

_///// [XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON  THE VERGE ★★★★★ [SCRYPT] /////_
_//// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC ////_
Report to moderator 
_///// [XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON  THE VERGE ★★★★★ [SCRYPT] /////_
_//// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC ////_
dollux

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 08:36:47 PM

Hi . we have a slack channel and discord

Yup and many others also but still we have discord, ha, ha. Grin
stevegreer
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 09:40:59 PM

Ok, I know this has probably been answered in the past, but I've run into a bit of a problem. I was trying to use coin control to group together a lot of my smaller transactions into larger blocks and when I tried to send them to myself, I got an error stating something along the lines of "wallet is unlocked for minting only, do a normal unlock... yadda yadda yadda. So what gives? Am I just not doing it correctly? Do I need to have minting locked first? I didn't try that. Just wondering, but thanks in advance for any help.

FWBlack

Activity: 102

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 10:38:59 PM

Ok, I know this has probably been answered in the past, but I've run into a bit of a problem. I was trying to use coin control to group together a lot of my smaller transactions into larger blocks and when I tried to send them to myself, I got an error stating something along the lines of "wallet is unlocked for minting only, do a normal unlock... yadda yadda yadda. So what gives? Am I just not doing it correctly? Do I need to have minting locked first? I didn't try that. Just wondering, but thanks in advance for any help.
Yes it needs to be locked to send.
dollux

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 12:38:21 AM

Yes it needs to be locked to send.
And then unlocked when prompted.

Confused me at first but security wise it makes sense, I like it. Grin
dollux

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 05:37:39 AM

ZEIT

Cool

FYI:

Fascinating, I didn't hear it go boom but it dropped and everything went white like lightening for a moment.
I seen it all steaming and smelly but the most obvious thing I overlooked.
Cynicism.

Oh, please let me elaborate, the present state of play is, BTC core and attending clones are setting themselves up for 3rd party payment processing, something exchanges are able to do anyway, at least 2 we know of "Keep It Stupid Simple" KISS me quick, collusion between BTC core and attending clones by default, segshit, there it is, I said it.  Banks are already partnered up with these HiTec Steamers and there is money on the table, ZEIT is going the free market route with exchanges if I want to go that way, with a dammed sight more money on the table if you count it.
Taking into account that exchanges are not into apparent collusion with each other by default then they are at this time probably the best solution to the steaming and smelly, Segshit fiasco. I do like the idea of playing both sides though, so I am going to take both pills at the same time, disruptive technology disputing its self. 

Oh and one more thing, thanks, the whole cacophony, it plagued me for day's and I wouldn't have got there without it.
oleksii777

Activity: 560
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 07:29:10 PM

Hello everybody. Tell me please what news on the coin? And then I watch the silence suspicious!
Pages: « 1 ... 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 [791] 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 ... 861 »
  Print  

Jump to: