April 25, 2024, 05:17:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: ZEITCOIN
https://zeit-coin.net
https://zeit-knights.slack.com
https://t.me/zeit_coin

Pages: « 1 ... 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 [803] 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 ... 861 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS]  (Read 1009202 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
KikloV

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 02:52:22 AM
Last edit: December 15, 2017, 06:01:53 AM by KikloV

Will it be possible later to have a one wallet on android?

We looked at that,  
Due to the bandwidth requirements, it was impractical at the present time.

What is Practical is to
1.  Remote into a PC or VPS running a ZEIT Wallet from an android or ipad
or
2.  Just login to a Exchange and use it to send and receive coins from the Android or IPad's exchange account
(This has the advantages of not requiring the user to keep a blockchain synced.)
(It also gives the user the ability to make Offchain Transactions which are instant ,
if they use an exchange that supports offchain such as Cryptopia by sending to the exchange's user name instead of the ZEIT address.)

Cool

I think It should be possible to add ZEIT for example to coinomi wallet, so it would be android wallet but without staking possibility.

They wanted $2500 upfront and then ~$30 per month to add ZEIT to their service.
No one felt it was worth it.

Last time , I checked it was $600 to have an android wallet made, that syncs the block chain with an android and no other costs associated with it, however the constant need to sync the blockchain will drain minutes available on most plans , and to be honest, using an exchange is just more beneficial to the user as offchain processing is available.

Cool

I hardly doubt that Zeit will reach 5 million marketcap if it doesnt even have enough volume to stay listed on cryptopia.
But we will see next half year, I charged off my btc already, maybe you (where is the rest of the team btw?) will surprise me in a positive way.

See that what gets me, you don't see how we will return to a 5 Million Market cap, and we were just there a few weeks ago.
But yet believe btc is worth $17000 and LTC over $300.
Let me tell you what I think, I believe btc & ltc prices are being manipulated to outrageous amounts and that those doing the manipulations have a time table to cash out to fiat that will stun the industry.

Here the thing , btc & ltc price collapse too low and the monthly maintenance cost to run their network exceeds the costs of the miners break even margin or the miners keep raising the price in order to support their ever increasing operating costs which destroys its usage as a payment system, Either way it becomes unusable for the public.

ZEIT operating costs are less than $1000 per month world wide to run a network that is 20X faster than bitcoin,
but our operating costs is millions of times more cost efficient to maintain. ZEIT has many dedicated supporters defending it's network on a daily basis, it can weather any storm, and come out of the other side stronger, the same can not be said for PoW coins such as btc & ltc, which people mistaking think they are worth more than ZEIT , Time will clarify this issue for all.
Our Target Price is between 1 penny and $1 per coin, and an inflation rate that guarantees it never becomes unusable as a payment system.
Our destination is set in stone, the only unknowns is the arrival time , and how many have the strength of will to see the journey through to completion.    Smiley

Cool

FYI:
You want to see the rest of the Team.
Look Here: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/zeit/#!network

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ZEITCOIN (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 510

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 06:43:55 AM

NovaExchange is Closing and will have new owners sometime next year.

Withdrawn your Zeitcoins , ASAP.

Deposts have been turned off at Novaexchange, so don't send new coins to their exchange.

https://novaexchange.com/news/
2017-11-30 14:39 - Deposits is now disabled as earlier advertised
One last scan for incoming transactions will be done at 2017-12-15, after that, no new scanning will be done,
and coins sent to Novaexchange after 2017-12-15 will be lost

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
ⓏⒺⒾⓉⒸⓄⒾⓃ
     Jᴏɪɴ Oᴜʀ Mᴏᴠᴇᴍᴇɴᴛ ᕗ       www.ZEIT-COIN.ɴᴇᴛ      ᕙ Bᴇ Pᴀʀᴛ Oғ Sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ Sᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ     ⓏⒺⒾⓉⒸⓄⒾⓃ
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ogtk

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 08:22:37 AM

Will it be possible later to have a one wallet on android?

We looked at that,  
Due to the bandwidth requirements, it was impractical at the present time.

What is Practical is to
1.  Remote into a PC or VPS running a ZEIT Wallet from an android or ipad
or
2.  Just login to a Exchange and use it to send and receive coins from the Android or IPad's exchange account
(This has the advantages of not requiring the user to keep a blockchain synced.)
(It also gives the user the ability to make Offchain Transactions which are instant ,
if they use an exchange that supports offchain such as Cryptopia by sending to the exchange's user name instead of the ZEIT address.)

Cool

I think It should be possible to add ZEIT for example to coinomi wallet, so it would be android wallet but without staking possibility.

why not an onlinewallet with api and a mobile app to use it everywhere?

KikloV

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 08:42:29 AM
Last edit: December 15, 2017, 09:02:34 AM by KikloV

And how is that any different than an user just using an exchange from their portable device?

The only difference I see is just us paying for something , we are already getting for free.  Tongue

@ZEIT, Our goal here is to make sure the coin network works and is secure, that's it.
(The Same Way Linus Torvalds only focus is the Linux Kernel.)

Everything else we are leaving up to 3rd party providers,
ie: Offchain transactions, Anon transactions, Mobile device support
None of these need direct support built into the code, all can be handled by 3rd parties.

Here we focus on the main goal:
a fast working coin network with ample transaction capacity that is efficient and affordable for the entire world not just the rich elite.
Anyone want more, feel free to build a 3rd party service and we will update the OP.

Cool
ogtk

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 09:57:44 AM

And how is that any different than an user just using an exchange from their portable device?

The only difference I see is just us paying for something , we are already getting for free.  Tongue

@ZEIT, Our goal here is to make sure the coin network works and is secure, that's it.
(The Same Way Linus Torvalds only focus is the Linux Kernel.)

Everything else we are leaving up to 3rd party providers,
ie: Offchain transactions, Anon transactions, Mobile device support
None of these need direct support built into the code, all can be handled by 3rd parties.

Here we focus on the main goal:
a fast working coin network with ample transaction capacity that is efficient and affordable for the entire world not just the rich elite.
Anyone want more, feel free to build a 3rd party service and we will update the OP.

Cool

the diffrents would be:
1. you can use your cam to scan qr code of the wallet
2. way easier while there is no need to login or confirm the tx

but i fully agree that this is more something for a 3rd party like @BTC

torcuato

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:12:10 PM

Dear ZEIT experts:
after a while out of the exchage markets, I decided to transfer some of my ZEIT to a CRYPTOPIA account, and despite having my wallet updated to the last version 2.0.2.1-ULI, having it fully synchronized and have got 1210 confirmations through 16 nodes of my transaction, the amount has not been delivered in the destination wallet.
I am sure there is not a typo on the wallet destination address, and repeated the same process with MINT coins without any issue on the MINT wallet.

Checking the transaction ID at the ZeitCoin block explorer, it does not appear. How is that possible if I have so many confirmations?
Transaction ID: 49bd155b41da7b2408db699a0337afb25074c52db9eef3994bca3d6ddee2d2f2

Any help will be welcomed!
stevegreer
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 04:30:53 PM

I agree with Kiklo. Anyone who thinks BTC isn't in a highly manipulated bubble must be blind. It is only a matter of time before people begin to realize that the price is not sustainable and start dumping. Oh and how the price will tumble. But not before the Winklevoss twins, being the very first BTC billionaires that they are, dump their stash and cash out.

warbird023

Activity: 50
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 08:22:26 PM

Dear ZEIT experts:
after a while out of the exchage markets, I decided to transfer some of my ZEIT to a CRYPTOPIA account, and despite having my wallet updated to the last version 2.0.2.1-ULI, having it fully synchronized and have got 1210 confirmations through 16 nodes of my transaction, the amount has not been delivered in the destination wallet.
I am sure there is not a typo on the wallet destination address, and repeated the same process with MINT coins without any issue on the MINT wallet.

Checking the transaction ID at the ZeitCoin block explorer, it does not appear. How is that possible if I have so many confirmations?
Transaction ID: 49bd155b41da7b2408db699a0337afb25074c52db9eef3994bca3d6ddee2d2f2

I never used Mint.
The Transaction ID you provided is not listed at
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/zeit/

so i am shure that you are on a fork - maybe your own.

Your Wallet must have a Zeitcoin Adress . Check this Adresse in the
Block Explorer. What Amount of Zeitcoins is shown there?

For me the Only way to solve your Problem seems to save your wallet.dat first.
Then delete your blockchain copy and Rebuild it.
There are Tutorials on this thread how to do this.
torcuato

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 10:02:46 PM

thanks warbird.
No coins in that address! despite my wallet shows differently!
Will double check the tutorials and will try to rebuild the blockchain as you suggest.

Dear ZEIT experts:

I never used Mint.
The Transaction ID you provided is not listed at

so i am shure that you are on a fork - maybe your own.

Your Wallet must have a Zeitcoin Adress . Check this Adresse in the
Block Explorer. What Amount of Zeitcoins is shown there?

For me the Only way to solve your Problem seems to save your wallet.dat first.
Then delete your blockchain copy and Rebuild it.
There are Tutorials on this thread how to do this.

stevegreer
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 12:26:54 AM

Just under 1.6 billion Zeit sitting in Sell walls on Cryptopia's now closed ZEIT/BTC pairing. Hey, if whoever put those coins in there don't want them, feel free to donate them to me!  Cool

Also, CoinExchange.io Zeit wallet in maintenance mode. Any idea how long it's been like that? 24-hour volume has been over $7,000 between the ZEIT/BTC, ZEIT/ETC, and ZEIT/DOGE pairings. The warning says it is not advisable to deposit to a wallet in maintenance mode, and out of curiosity I logged in to the exchange and tried to generate a new address and nothing happened. Meanwhile some whales are chomping up cheap Zeit at Cryptopia. Crazy!

KikloV

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 04:06:40 AM

Dear ZEIT experts:

Hmmm,

That transaction ID, is not showing up at all, like warbird023 mentioned.
Open the ZEIT WALLET, and Click on the Transactions Tab and double click on entry of where you sent off the coins, and verify the transaction ID in the block explorer : https://chainz.cryptoid.info/zeit/

You can also paste your zeit address in the block explorer and view all transactions from there to double check.
Sync your Wallet and compare block #s with the block explorer, once synced they should have matching block #s.

Also click on Help and About Zeitcoin to verify you are on the correct version.

If you need further help ,
PM me your zeit address and a screen shot of your main screen balance and transactions page and debug Window , and I will take a closer look.

To resetup your blockchain, you can use the snapshot , instructions here :
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Forum/Thread/1336?postId=7831

** I will be updating the snapshot to the current date on Tuesday , if you wanted to wait for the latest snapshot. **
** I'll post when it is up. **

Cool
KikloV

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 06:51:56 AM

Just under 1.6 billion Zeit sitting in Sell walls on Cryptopia's now closed ZEIT/BTC pairing. Hey, if whoever put those coins in there don't want them, feel free to donate them to me!  Cool

Also, CoinExchange.io Zeit wallet in maintenance mode. Any idea how long it's been like that? 24-hour volume has been over $7,000 between the ZEIT/BTC, ZEIT/ETC, and ZEIT/DOGE pairings. The warning says it is not advisable to deposit to a wallet in maintenance mode, and out of curiosity I logged in to the exchange and tried to generate a new address and nothing happened. Meanwhile some whales are chomping up cheap Zeit at Cryptopia. Crazy!

CoinExchange's zeit wallet has been in Maintenance since sept. 29th, 2017
and they have been listed along side Yobit as a bad exchange on the OP.

They told Alp88 via twitter on Dec 5th , that they would be looking into it.

Personally not holding my breath, they ignored support calls for over 60 days and so far they still have not synced the zeit wallet.

Cool
stevegreer
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 12:07:24 PM

That's bad juju. Do they not realize that thousands of dollars of Zeit have been traded every day for about the past week? They are either blindly missing a great opportunity, or are in the works for ripping off its customers.

KikloV

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 12:58:07 PM

ZEIT BLOCKCHAIN SNAPSHOT

Install & Download instructions here:
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Forum/Thread/1336?postId=7831

Filename:   ZeitBlockChainSnapShot-2017-12-18.rar

You can download the snapshot as 1 complete large rar file of ~2.8 gigabyte
or
You can download it Split into 700MB rar files ( For people with low bandwidth)

Cool
Qan

Activity: 159

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 02:22:22 PM

Very happy to share with you guys that Zeitcoin is my first altcoin purchase today (well had to buy LTC to get ZTC, but still Smiley). The price was also good. Hoping to learn more and stay up to date about everything ZTC.

Also, now my aim is to hold, I should be transferring these to a Wallet I understand. But it sounds, slightly bit more technical than I would like it to be. I am ready upon it meanwhile. Any thing you kind people would like to recommend or caution about the process of transferring ZTC off exchange to the ZTC wallet?

Thanks.

Qan
KikloV

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 06:23:17 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2017, 06:43:28 PM by KikloV

Very happy to share with you guys that Zeitcoin is my first altcoin purchase today (well had to buy LTC to get ZTC, but still Smiley). The price was also good. Hoping to learn more and stay up to date about everything ZTC.

Also, now my aim is to hold, I should be transferring these to a Wallet I understand. But it sounds, slightly bit more technical than I would like it to be. I am ready upon it meanwhile. Any thing you kind people would like to recommend or caution about the process of transferring ZTC off exchange to the ZTC wallet?

Thanks.

Qan

*You want to encrypt your wallet 1st before sending coins to it.*
Click on settings and encrypt, be sure and write down this password and don't lose it ,
if you do lose it you won't be able to access your coins ever.
After you encrypt the wallet, and restart it , Click the Minting Tab and select Mint Unlock to verify your password is correct.
After this you can use your wallet normally.

In your ZEIT Wallet, You can click on Receive Coins tab , then right click on the address and click Copy Address

On the Exchange, go to the withdrawal page, and their Paste in your Address (Just right click and select paste)
Look over this address and verfify it matches your wallet's receive address.

Then enter the # of coins you want to send.
(The very 1st time you do this only send like 100 coins, as a test.)
Then you will receive an email from the exchange asking you to confirm this withdraw or reject,
Look at the amount & address and if it matches click on accept.

Make sure your Zeit wallet is synced , and you can watch the coins arrive usually within 2 or 3 minutes.  Smiley
(Coins won't appear in the wallet until it is synced.)

Next time , after you confirmed it worked with only 100 coins, you can send whatever amounts you like, by just repeating the above steps, but using a larger balance. Amounts of 20 million coins or less move at normal speeds, so if you can help it don't usually send more than that at 1 time. You can send larger amounts, but it may delay arrival or the exchange may ask you not to send an amount over a certain size.

You can alway paste your transaction id or zeit address in the block explorer to confirm the amount and receipt of coins.

Post if you have any further questions.

Cool

FYI: Be sure to keep backups of your Zeit Wallet in multiple locations like 2 or 3 flash drives.
With the ZEIT wallet open, click on File , Backup Wallet, I usually add the date like Zeit-12-18-2017 and keep 3 or 4 backups on each flash drive.

Tips on Syncing : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=487814.msg11555341#msg11555341
Tips on Staking  : https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Forum/Thread/1336?postId=7833
Qan

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 10:28:13 AM

Thanks for the replies guys. Really appreciate it. Looks like I did enter at a very sweet time.
asuusa

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 11:00:14 AM

I'm nowhere near becoming a Knight here but I know that holding Zeit for the long term will pay off one day. I'm only a small fish so I'm not able to buy a lot of Zeit coins but I do buy some every week from my signature campaign earnings along with some other funds I can come up with.
Qan

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:10:13 PM

Zeitcoin hasn't had a flight in the past few years and this year may very well belong to Zeit.
Delphinus

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:46:04 PM

I've hold some ZEIT a while ago, but sold at some point when I needed the money. I really like the supporting spirit here and the fact that Crypto still revolves around the community. Will buy in again to support you guys  Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 [803] 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 ... 861 »
  Print  

Jump to: