Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:36:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Some ICO is not scam  (Read 3320 times)
mhpg19960612 (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 04:30:24 AM
Merited by FastSlots (1)

Hi, let me clear this uncertainty a few people said that all ICO is a trick however I don't trust them since I have put resources into some ICO and influence a favorable luck, to give me a chance to give you some piece of information to contribute.

1. When you need to contribute as a matter of first importance investigate about the specific ico you need to put resources into, endeavor to check their Whitepaper in light of the fact that some ICO duplicate content from another ICO white papers

2. Attempt to check their LinkedIn profile however that does'nt make any difference since some phony LinkedIn profile.

3.Try to know their genuine area despite the fact that some utilization VPN to shroud their area.

4.website expert issues a considerable measure since some don't know how to construct site and they are guaranteeing that they are in to Blockchain

5. Notwithstanding all this..involving in ICO is a major hazard
   Roll Eyes

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mhgeekiyanage

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 04:32:24 AM

Those are most essential methods for discovering authenticity of the digital currency related undertakings that is an ICO.

Well no one is stating that every one of them are trick however experts information demonstrates that around 80% of the ICO that come into the market are genuine con artists. As indicated by my experience of abundance support I am certain that this reality is likewise valid.

Since out of 30-40 ICO's abundance that I went along with I will just get tokens for around 5-6 bounties. Presently you can envision that much trick proportion scares individuals a great deal. Kiss
roadwell890

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 04:37:18 AM

Which project has launched the product and succeeded in displacing competitors?
So far, I have not seen the project that held ICO successfully in marketing their products
I think this is the reason why China has banned its citizens from investing through ICOs

chienmluc2

Activity: 74

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 04:41:29 AM

If you are new. You should not invest in this market right now. You should spend at least a month and learn at least 50 ICOs. At that point you will notice some signs to recognize the Scam project
mithungee1

Activity: 43

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 04:42:27 AM

It's good that there is a lot of bounty,there is a chance to earn tokens of interesting projects,without investments of own funds, and many projects have a very good idea,just such projects are not very many
chienmluc2

Activity: 74

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 04:43:04 AM

By Josiah Wilmoth
Link : https://strategiccoin.com/3-ways-to-identify-an-ico-scam/

Initial coin offerings (ICOs) and token generation events (TGEs) offer token buyers a wide range of opportunities to engage in the crypto marketplace, but the growing popularity of ICOs and the often-technical nature of the blockchain ecosystem has led some token buyers to unwittingly contribute to ICO scams.

Below, this article explains three ways token buyers can identify an ICO scam so they can avoid them in the future and ensure they direct their funds toward truly-promising projects:

3 Ways to Identify an ICO Scam
1. The Developers Are Anonymous
The first and most blatant sign of an ICO scam is that the token’s developers are anonymous or otherwise-unknown. While it’s true that the creator of Bitcoin — a pseudonymous individual or group operating under the name Satoshi Nakamoto — did not reveal his true identity, he was able to this because he created a network that did not depend on the trustworthiness of a central authority. This is not the case with ICOs and TGEs. By holding an ICO, a startup is asking token buyers to trust that the developers will deliver a working product instead of running off with their money, so the team should be willing to back up its promises and claims with verifiable identities.

If a team is unwilling to identify itself, token buyers should be very cautious about contributing to the project. While there may be valid reasons to desire this privacy, it is far more likely that their purposes are nefarious. PlexCoin, for instance, declined to reveal the identities of its team members, obfuscating the fact that one of its organizers had run afoul of securities regulations in Quebec on several occasions, both before and during the PlexCoin ICO.

2. The Token Does Not Have a Clear Use Case
Another sign of an ICO scam is that the developers are unable to clearly articulate a valid use case for the token. The token should serve a key purpose in the startup’s platform. If it does not, the token will not sustain its value over the long-term. Related to this problem are tokens that advertise themselves merely as digital currencies without offering any real innovations or improvements upon existing cryptocurrency technology.

3. The Whitepaper Sets Unrealistic Goals
However, even if the token does have a clear use case, token buyers should be wary of startups that advertise overly-optimistic roadmaps. If the whitepaper sets an unrealistic development schedule, it either means the developers are using deceptive tactics to attract token buyers or they lack the necessary experience to give a sensible scope to the project. Either way, this does not bode well for the success of the project and its corresponding token.

To avoid falling prey to ICO scams, token buyers should educate themselves and conduct due diligence before deciding to contribute to a project. Strategic Coin offers numerous resources to assist token buyers with their research, including token analysis reports and exclusive interviews with startups conducting token generation events.

Strategic Coin is your go-to source for information about launching and participating in utility token ICOs. Whether you are a start-up or existing business that desires to enlist the help of a professional utility token ICO advisor or a token buyer who needs help navigating the blockchain space, Strategic Coin will provide you with the resources you need to take advantage of market opportunities within the crypto marketplace.
Tone147

Activity: 221
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 04:59:11 AM

I suggest you pay more attention to GTIHUB's open source code.
Because you analyze the code, you can tell whether the project is worth the investment, which is the most direct way.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
comparecrypto

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:13:04 AM

Not all ICOs are spam, but almost all ICOs are potentially scam lately. If you don't have experience with ICO, don't try to join in it. Learn first about the ICO you see, or multiply your knowledge about the ICO so that you avoid the scam ICO.
arendator

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:14:50 AM

Sure not iCOs are the scam, I know very much really interesting projects, such as Origo Network, DXchain, Quadrant Protocol, NOS,  Quarkchain and etc.

ERNESTOS

Activity: 43

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:17:39 AM

each coin will die sooner or later.
that's why everyone should output tokens before it happens
nicolesalv

Activity: 252
Merit: 4

Ethereum Limited Edition ICO

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:18:39 AM

Yes I believe that some ico's are not scam that is why I am still participating in bounty campaigns but I am just careful to check which ICO project is worth participating and promoting for. You should study their concepts and read also the whitepaper so that you will your effort will be paid off and its is not a waste of time.

[ JOIN OUR CROWDSALE    │    PRESALE ]
( E T H L )  ETHEREUM LIMITED
kokrokok

Activity: 447
Merit: 11

Koinomo

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:21:47 AM

of course not all ico are scam, but many ico have very cheap prices when entering the market and what I see is only 2% ico can provide many benefits to investors so for that we must remain cautious in determining ico

ansi

Activity: 882
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:52:33 AM

It not a matter of been SCAM or not, it's a matter of been real as much as possible to deliver, giving the right ETAs, no hype bullshit.
Most ICO fails not because they are scam, but because they were too good to be true or the team too lazy to deliver, that's why like 90% of the ICOs are doomed to failure sooner or later.
feranmi

Activity: 21

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:54:50 AM

Scam or No scam, the market right now, need proper studying, don't just invest, take your time to study the market and be at alert, also have it at the back of your mind that anything can happen and the market is not stable right now.
vova.andreyan.94

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 11:02:10 AM

Of course, not all projects that launch ICO are scammers, sometimes they are in fact just not successful projects!
ajqjjj

Activity: 1498
Merit: 507

Not your Keys, not your Bitcoin

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 11:04:15 AM

Obviously, some ICOs are not scam in Crypto but many peoples are wrongly understand ICO investment. My suggestion is good traders are easily identify the potential projects so they are all earn good profit in future.
 This year too many new projects are comes in the market so many of the projects are comes in the market it will affect the other projects.

-support Bitcoin Community Bitcointalk.org-
Always verify wallet to store your Bitcoin
Donations are open, send PM
haryatiposton01

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 11:11:12 AM

not all ICOs are fraudulent but most ICOs commit fraud, very few ICOs do not commit fraud, you can see and observe that, we have heard a lot of suggestions about how to choose a good ICO, everyone in this forum has advised that, after you know all these things, you only need confidence in choosing an ICO.
HadadC

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 11:14:30 AM

In these year we too many skam like preapered very good. We believe too many good icos but where are they now ? Really this year , icos are bored.

❤   humancoin   ❤ (https://www.humancoin.net/)
Join our whitelist!
█A new era of charity █
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 11:21:58 AM

these days nobody really cares about ICOs being scam or not. they all know it is a gamble and the only thing they want in return is a bigger profit. so even if it is a ponzi scheme with obvious signs they would still invest in it if there were a chance for making a profit.
in the end what is scam? is it not a token that has no usefulness? is it not a developer that received money for doing practically nothing?

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
Pa1n

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 11:25:32 AM

These all trick mate. This year we saw a lot of good ICOs but they are really have bad consequences. For this year , I lost all trust to ICOs. Maybe next year , think about that.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: