Bitcoin Forum
August 03, 2024, 09:14:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 140 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpartanCoin - Cryptocoin for the competitive world.  (Read 215558 times)
bnunya19

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 10:41:36 PM

Anyone messing with the tipbot on reddit... the server power went down... should be up and running now. Had to reboot the system.

I was, but didn't notice it was down. I've been able to register, deposit, and retrieve history. However, I have not yet been able to get any of the tip commands to work yet. Still messing around with it.
SpartanCoin (OP)

Activity: 303
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 02:32:50 AM

Anyone messing with the tipbot on reddit... the server power went down... should be up and running now. Had to reboot the system.

I was, but didn't notice it was down. I've been able to register, deposit, and retrieve history. However, I have not yet been able to get any of the tip commands to work yet. Still messing around with it.

+/u/spartantipbot 10 spn        (this should tip 10 Spartancoins)

Spartans! What is your profession? War! War! War!
qiwoman

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 02:40:46 AM

Does anyone have a solid estimate on the total SPN in Circulation?  It could be an opportunity for a strategic buyback.

Also - Exchanges DO NOT hurt coins!  They also don't save coins.  A lack of demand hurts coins.
If the merchants/businesses come into place - This coin will see it's day in the sun!
Economics of having hungrier sellers than buyers is why coins drop like this...

I'm too swamped to create a list/document but what are 10 reasons people should be buying this coin?  I know they exist and wouldn't be difficult to put together - can someone vested in the coin write it out and post it...

Love your energy QiWoman!!!  You're the best!  And I've seen you move markets!

JDS1000/CryptoSandwich

Thanks JD I also am swamped till tomorrow..I working 24/7 then I am shifting focus back to SPARTA..I will need a day to consolidate my physical energy and get my mental agility together but I have one idea I spoke to the DEV about a while back on SKYPE That could make all SPARTANS a real killing but it's a project that all members taking part will have to swear a non disclosure agreement so the idea doesn't get stolen lol that is how mindlblowing it is. There are 4-5 coins I love the most our of the gazillion out there and SPARTANCOIN is one of them Smiley To make the venture I am taking about we would all have to donate..perhaps be like shareholders IPO it to make the site I am thinking about and use SPARTANCOIN as the IN HOUSE CURRENCY. Smiley I hope SPARTANDEV can find programmers to make the site we need.. Grin Grin
bnunya19

Activity: 27

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 03:21:22 AM

+/u/spartantipbot 10 spn        (this should tip 10 Spartancoins)

Did not appear to be working before, but now apparently works as I have now confirmed both your tip and one I sent to another user through the +history command. Should be good to go. Thanks!
SpartanCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 04:31:44 AM

Thanks JD I also am swamped till tomorrow..I working 24/7 then I am shifting focus back to SPARTA..I will need a day to consolidate my physical energy and get my mental agility together but I have one idea I spoke to the DEV about a while back on SKYPE That could make all SPARTANS a real killing but it's a project that all members taking part will have to swear a non disclosure agreement so the idea doesn't get stolen lol that is how mindlblowing it is. There are 4-5 coins I love the most our of the gazillion out there and SPARTANCOIN is one of them Smiley To make the venture I am taking about we would all have to donate..perhaps be like shareholders IPO it to make the site I am thinking about and use SPARTANCOIN as the IN HOUSE CURRENCY. Smiley I hope SPARTANDEV can find programmers to make the site we need.. Grin Grin

The concept is in my list of Big To-Do's... Just need to solidify current projects and then we can get it rolling. That is a huge undertaking but will push spartans very high and we will be reaching out to investors in this one as well. Just need to hash out the details.

friendly

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 04:36:51 AM

Rather than try for Mintpal, why not try a collection of small exchanges? Allcrypt, atomic exchange, poloniex,  coined up, and places like that?

Based on what has occurred on Bittrex, the coin really needs more than one exchange. And it probably needs an ltc market too. It's stuck in no volume-land.

The danger in too many small exchanges is either a bunch of 1sat buy walls go up as someone already mentioned, or the coin can get arbitraged to death as people take advantage of the low volume and potential price differences between these low-volume exchanges.

1 decent lowish volume exchange is fine but being on ALL of them without being on any large exchanges could be very dangerous...

The only danger is not getting on an ltc market somewhere. The reason the coin is stuck at one means it needs to be traded for ltc too. Poloniex is at least better than Bittrex. Coined up isn't that terrible either.

drivera1

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 09:19:10 AM

Whats happening? The mining nethash rate is at 25? Way off the 100-200.

Should I trade my 50M SPN?
DarkTrix

Activity: 532

Keep - The privacy layer for Ethereum

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 11:29:02 AM

The block rewards have dropped as pre-set.

I'm sorry but i don't agree with the statement that trading for LTC is beneficial for a coin. All it does is split the market and ultimately devalues the coin. If a coin has hit ltc trading it's a clear sign to a trader it's not going anywhere fast. Traders with the real money trade btc.

As highlighted by others before the problem is demand nothing else. At the minute people are not fully aware of Spartancoin or it's strengths. We are working on marketing but we need community backing as well, pulling together is what Sparta is about!

For those saying it's not up to the miners and traders to help out and make a coin successful, i have to say, i don't understand these comments. If you are invested in something surely it is in your own interest to better your investment. I'm an investor from day 1 launch and have been promoting the coin every way i can. To me i want my investment to grow and flourish therefore i put work in to help that happen. As said before this is the profit magic poof people hope for in the crypto world and it simply doesnt work like that unless you get lucky. Look around at the Doge community for an example, they pulled together and worked together and look what they achieved! There's no reason at all we can't do the same Smiley

Let me also mention it is ok expecting the Dev to do everything for the coin IF they own 1-5% premine for themselves. In this case the Dev has had to mine his own coins, just like us. He is working extremely hard on projects and has already produced far more than alot of other startups out there! Any time the community can give will boost everyones holdings.

If this whole community pulled together and helped out marketing and publicising Spartan Coin that is the best thing that could happen. People come here and see a strong community. What if people came here and saw a strong synchronised community, doing everything they can for the coin. That alone would increase demand and ultimately value.

Bittrex is an exchange not to even worry about if you ask me, they have such low volume they will have little impact on the ultimate market value. Somewhere like mintpal and getting close to the top of the voting list alone will help people notice. Then you will get the inevitable buy up in preparation for hitting a big exchange. All those 1 satoshi orders on bittrex will be melted in no time.

I am going to be running a competition to boost votes as of this evening, it will be a week long, self funded giveaway to boost votes. 100 SPN per vote given on mintpal. The top 3 voters of the week will also split a prize fund, self funded again. If anyone can help get this out to anyone and everyone you know who will be interested that would be great! I know it will be ambigious as to wether votes have actually happened, but here we will trust the community and supporters. As we trusted Spartancoin in ICO stages.

In the meantime Spartans, lets show the crypto world what were made of! We have meme's made on the forum to spread, links to websites we can share, faucets we can tell people about, paper wallets to tell people about, Tweet, Post, Message, Call, Email whatever you can do will help the community and SpartanCcoin Grow. Lets push hard and make our investments and community grow!

AROO!

DarkTrix

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 12:48:07 PM

The concept is in my list of Big To-Do's... Just need to solidify current projects and then we can get it rolling. That is a huge undertaking but will push spartans very high and we will be reaching out to investors in this one as well. Just need to hash out the details.

this sounds extremely interesting. Anything i can help with?

SpartanCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 01:09:38 PM

this sounds extremely interesting. Anything i can help with?

Darktix.. you will definitely be included in this one.

dogechode

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 01:14:32 PM

Still waiting to hear some real, tangible details about what is planned/going on, etc. All sounds wonderful but it's also wonderfully vague. I hate to sound like a skeptic but if I had a dollar for every time a new coin promised the next great amazing new thing and was kind of vague about exactly what that entailed, and then failed to deliver...
SpartanCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 02:19:19 PM

Still waiting to hear some real, tangible details about what is planned/going on, etc. All sounds wonderful but it's also wonderfully vague. I hate to sound like a skeptic but if I had a dollar for every time a new coin promised the next great amazing new thing and was kind of vague about exactly what that entailed, and then failed to deliver...

Understood. I have laid out what is being worked on. Until it is done and released it will always fall under the skeptics eye of false promises. Can't do anything more than that.. and i won't share screenshots or features on a public thread. Once things launch... then everyone gets the info. Common practice really.

also everyone should note... if the forum feels quiet at times its because many have jumped over to our main forum since we want people to be more involved in the website and projects. Things will still be posted here but there may be larger gaps in time.

DarkTrix

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 09:48:36 PM
Last edit: April 15, 2014, 11:09:58 PM by DarkTrix

Hi everyone! It's time for my first Week long Giveaway!!

This one is sponsored by the awesome guys over at Spartancoin who are working so hard to deliver everything they have promised! This is a coin i personally really like and have promoted before on Twitter.

The aim of this giveaway is to help raise awareness of Spartancoin on www.Mintpal.com currently my favourite exchange!
For every vote that you give Spartancoin on www.Mintpal.com you will receive [100 SPN] you can give 5 votes per hour so you can earn up to [500 SPN] an hour!!
On top of this, at the end of the Week long Giveaway, there is a prize pool for the people with the highest vote counts out there of over [1,000,000 SPN!]

The prize pool will be distributed as follows:

1st Place: [500,000 SPN]

2nd Place: [250,000 SPN]

3rd Place: [125,000 SPN]

2 Runners up: [75,000 SPN]

I hope you agree there are some serious coins to earn here!
Now there is going to be an element of trust to this giveaway so if you could please post here http://www.forum-altcoin.com/index.php?topic=17.0 using the template below i would really appreciate it!

Please use this template :

Voted 17368-17373

Total now: 5

Spartancoin earned: 500

SLPG4MNU9iqNQaoWz9H1b6647HaRYLvP4w

This would be great and seriously help with the logistics of the giveaway and make me a very happy man!
I hope you enjoy this as much as i am going to enjoy running the giveaway! Remember the giveaway is a Week long and will end next Tuesday at 11pm gmt!
Enjoy grabbing up all these SPN!

djnocide
Legendary

Activity: 1164
Merit: 1000

Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 10:43:24 PM

vote: 17383 to 17388
SpartanCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 10:53:49 PM
Last edit: April 16, 2014, 02:12:11 AM by SpartanCoin

Make sure everyone jumps on reddit and starts using the tipbot. The more we spread the coin the better.

Register here

send some coins to the address generated from registering

then find people you like and tip them by replying to their post using the text below.

+/u/SpartanTipBot 100 spn

this will send 100 to the person you replied to. change 100 to any amount you desire.

DarkTrix

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 11:08:00 PM

vote: 17383 to 17388

awesome thank you! would you be bale to post it here so i can track your votes as part of the event? http://www.forum-altcoin.com/index.php?topic=17.0

sorry thats my bad i didnt edit the above post. If you check there now there is a premade template for you Smiley

J3TW4V3

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 11:12:27 PM
Last edit: April 15, 2014, 11:49:47 PM by J3TW4V3

Have all of the btc made through the ipo been used to vote on mintpal already?
SpartanCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 11:59:52 PM

No... the ICO money raised is not to get us on the exchange. The money is used to help build the project that is supposed to bring value to the coin. Sending it to the exchange leaves us with nothing once there. Most coins with premine keep coin for project growth... or they offer presale of coins. It isn't a free venture building websites, mobile apps, marketing etc. 

J3TW4V3

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 12:58:25 AM

No... the ICO money raised is not to get us on the exchange. The money is used to help build the project that is supposed to bring value to the coin. Sending it to the exchange leaves us with nothing once there. Most coins with premine keep coin for project growth... or they offer presale of coins. It isn't a free venture building websites, mobile apps, marketing etc. 
Ok i see what you are saying... I guess the way i see it if i coin has an attached monetary value, through an high volume exchange, wouldn't it be easier to be used to buy services and goods and to sponsor people. Cant the value always rise later due to new innovation? This is just whats going through my head i take no offense if i am completely wrong and you tell me so. 
SpartanCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 01:26:07 AM

There may be a catch to all this. Let's say we buy our way into mintpal. Everyone gets excited... and sell sell sell and some buy happens. All the "innovation" is on hold due to no funds.. unless people start popping up here and there to offer a service. There is no extra coins for bounties unless we as a community offer it. and there is no BTC to pay for anything since it was pumped into an exchange. Now... we run the risk of the "excitement" of mintpal wearing off as people blindly buying and selling and half the people not knowing why. Then every one says whats next... where is this value that I came running to the exchange for? Well now we have to build just as we are now, except no money. When we hit the exchange I am not dumping anything. I am holding mine. I personally am mining my own coin and nothing else. No doge, no redd... nothing. I am spending my time building what I set out to build and will be with this project for a very very long time. The ICO value for each SPN is 0.39 satoshi based on investment total. So at the moment the price of 1 satoshi, all the investors are selling and saying hey I can double my money already. And that isn't setting a good image. sell higher or hold.

I set the value that all ICO investors should send in to mintpal and it was simply 0.08 BTC ($39.60 USD). That's not a lot from each person considering the positive value it will have reaching a larger exchange. If you want it on mintpal and think this is the way to go, send in BTC instead of the free daily voting. Your return on investment will offset it.

If you want to invest into current and future projects then hit me up with BTC and I'll send SPN coin to you. Or just donate in general. Either way you go, send BTC to exchange, free voting, donate BTC or send BTC for SPN, you are helping this project.

Our ultimate goal is sponsorship and use of coin for goods and services. And there are two roads to get there. I am sticking with the one I set out on and many of you are standing fast and doing your part.

Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 140 »
  Print  

Jump to: