Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:31:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the price slowly climbing?  (Read 23241 times)
wobber (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 21, 2011, 01:22:57 PM

Maybe I'm wrong but aren't we climbing slowly? Even if it's too soon to say please discuss this.

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitclown

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2011, 02:01:03 PM

It's intuitively obvious to the most casual observer that this is a classic long, slow ascend. Having analyzed markets and predicted rallies for more than five decades, I know a pattern when I see it. I've said this for months, but you refused to listen. What's wrong with you idiots, why won't you be my friend? Your imminent death is well deserved.

James Fraggle
Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2011, 02:07:39 PM

The price is climbing, for now. It's very hard to say what will happen, I still see short term rally potential to at least $3. But then again we might see big sells and that would probably kill it and cause instability again because so many are on the fence right now.

The support at $2.x has been surprisingly strong so far, I was already thinking it might crash to $1.x right after. But it certainly looks like it won't. It still could in a few weeks but right now we are seeing massive support at $2.x and small rallies with the potential for a bigger rally.

Again I'm looking for a low that will hold for at least a month before we can even think about an optimistic mid term, but the short term is looking surprisingly good right now.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
log0s

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2011, 03:35:29 PM

This is what I see for the short term so far.  If the trend breaks to the upside, I'd guess that we would probably see a fairly quick rise to the mid 3s.  So far there seems to be a bit of resistance at the trend line, though, and I think it's more likely to start to go back to the low 2s and maybe less than $2 within a couple days.  Time will tell.

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/1418/10dayhourlychart.png
netrin

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

FirstBits: 168Bc

View Profile
October 21, 2011, 05:03:18 PM

My Elliott waves were poorly received in the TA thread, but to me, we're clearly in the middle of the final c wave since June and I expect a massive year long rally (III) before the end of the year. In shorter terms (which have been harder to predict), I expect we'll climb a bit and finally crash to the base ($1's) in a month's time. Bitcoin continues to follow this textbook pattern since I updated this chart last week. We're now in the 4th wave before the 5th and final plunge.

Greenlandic tupilak. Hand carved, traditional cursed bone figures. Sorry, polar bear, walrus and human remains not available for export.
322i0n

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2011, 05:06:15 PM

My Elliott waves were poorly received in the TA thread, but to me, we're clearly in the middle of the final c wave since June and I expect a massive year long rally (III) before the end of the year. In shorter terms, I expect we'll climb a bit and finally crash to the base ($1's) in a month's time. Since I updated this chart last week, bitcoin continues to follow this textbook pattern. We're now in the 4th wave before the 5th and final plunge.

ah! thats a good one.

Supporting The Global Insurrection Against Banker Occupation
BTC: 1C1w6t1dMkEXeCntURxDiBiWsTbdJbvTr9
NMC: N6uNpVPAdpTur4Hwr8Sqgd6kxcKPto4S2T
netrin

View Profile
October 21, 2011, 05:09:49 PM

If I'm right, I'll accept bitcoin for my fibonacci analysis. Smiley

Greenlandic tupilak. Hand carved, traditional cursed bone figures. Sorry, polar bear, walrus and human remains not available for export.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2011, 05:20:18 PM

What does the series has to do with the Elliott Wave anyway? The only thing in there is the golden ratio and despite the fact successive numbers approximate it seems to have nothing to do with it.

Of course Golden Ratio Analysis doesn't sound as sophisticated  Grin
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2011, 09:25:28 PM

/\/\/\/\/\   /
            \/

?

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Crypt_Current

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
October 21, 2011, 09:31:17 PM

It's intuitively obvious to the most casual observer that this is a classic long, slow ascend. Having analyzed markets and predicted rallies for more than five decades, I know a pattern when I see it. I've said this for months, but you refused to listen. What's wrong with you idiots, why won't you be my friend? Your imminent death is well deserved.

James Fraggle

HAHAHAHAHA, friggin hilarious man!  You ever done stand-up comedy???

I'm down with Fraggle rock ... XD

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
Dansker

Activity: 740

Hello world!

View Profile
October 21, 2011, 10:08:03 PM

/\/\/\/\/\   /
            \/

?

This man is a genious!

netrin

View Profile
October 21, 2011, 11:01:27 PM
Last edit: October 21, 2011, 11:11:28 PM by netrin

What does the series has to do with the Elliott Wave anyway? The only thing in there is the golden ratio and despite the fact successive numbers approximate it seems to have nothing to do with it.

Of course Golden Ratio Analysis doesn't sound as sophisticated  Grin

I'm not sure why there should be a relationship to the golden ratio, nor whether there is a relationship. No matter how I slice the numbers for wave 'iii' and 'v', I don't get within 5% of the golden ratio.

adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2011, 12:58:12 AM

are the bitcoin charts down?

for me when i go see the charts , the page loads but no chart Sad

Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 22, 2011, 01:03:22 AM

You guys really love charts, don't 'ya?

Lemme tell you something about these charts. Though you might not like it. It's really a very disturbing fact about them.

The prices they show are all from the past.
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 22, 2011, 02:00:01 AM

You guys really love charts, don't 'ya?

Lemme tell you something about these charts. Though you might not like it. It's really a very disturbing fact about them.

The prices they show are all from the past.

That's how Elliott Wave and other other analyses work: take 20/20 hindsight, apply a graph to it and make it fit, then make seemingly accurate predictions about the future.  The one thing I never saw was anyone drawing Elliott Waves BEFORE bitcoin's crash.  Surely someone could have predicted the multiple waves down from $30 to $2?  Elliott Waves are never drawn for shares or commodities where the wave can't be made to fit, only where it can. 

The nice thing about Elliott Waves is that every serious trader knows about them and at least partially basis their decisions on them.  That by definition distorts the wave.
netrin

View Profile
October 22, 2011, 02:25:34 AM
Last edit: October 22, 2011, 02:53:53 AM by netrin

Absence of the presentation of data analysis says nothing about whether the technique was used successfully. I did not predict the top in June; I too got caught in the euphoria. But when it started to fall, it was clear wave I was over. When bitcoin was on the little 'b' up there, I was pretty sure bitcoin would fall at least to that little '4' and '3' gives me confidence about the little '5'. If there's another impulse down from there, bitcoin is fucked. But the despair in this forum and dwindling numbers are inspiring. The exact prices don't matter, but the shape and sentiment does.

It's not much better than tea leaves, but more like reading the clouds to predict tomorrow's weather.

adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2011, 05:08:25 AM

the price is not only climbing... but its climbing fast!

bull trap?

Short your bitcoin!
Go Long!
wtv i don't care I'm holding for 30years and retiring a millionaire BITCH! FUCK YA

teflone

Activity: 770

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
October 22, 2011, 05:31:12 AM

Wait for it folks... 1:30am EST...

Going to be an interesting weekend.. Smiley

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
wobber (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 22, 2011, 06:30:37 AM

@netrin: are we going to point 4 now?

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
Minsc

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2011, 06:40:48 AM

Thought so.  $2 seemed still way too low.  Next month will be lower than $2 I suspect.

I don't know what it will rally to now.

1DcXvfJdeJch9uptKopte5XQarTtj5ZjpL
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: