Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:43:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HODL is not advisable!  (Read 4383 times)
tooklau

Activity: 90
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 07:30:07 AM

I agree with you, my only HODL cryptocurrency is only bitcoin, I have sold all other altcoins! Because they have no practical use value!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Ronaldcoin2017

Activity: 1148
Merit: 300

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 08:11:25 AM

In the bear market you can always trade to accumulate more.  This does not mean you are not holding.  Sell at 20% peak and buy back lower.  Bear market is always a good time to accumulate your favourite coins/tokens.
You're right its a good time to accumulate coins that has potential since majority are in dips. Trading in bear market is risky and requires enough knowledge thus hodling is a good option in times like this.

I've been holding my coins for a year now and since then I made a huge gains through it, for me holding doesnt mean you will only hodl for long period and wont take profit when there's a chance. But for downtrend market like this its better to hodl to avoid losing because its quite risky.
Yes I agree o that hodle really depend on the market. If the market is in a status of huge dip maybe that was a good time to hodle, while if the market is in a high price status or maybe in a high volume we can maybe sell our holdings to earn a profit. So then I believe that hodle is always depend on the market status.
cleberw3b

Activity: 90
Merit: 21

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 02:55:37 PM

people who have bought bitcoin on february lows still have the same price.... Bitcoin market cap still the same 100B while altcoins market cap is sinking away, dropped from 230B to 85B.
HODL
ChrisPop
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1033

Not your Keys, Not your Bitcoins

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 03:35:20 PM

HODLers will definitely get their well deserved rewards soon, but if you want to be more efficient you should learn TA and risk management and if you have skills for it you can increase your bagholdings exponentially and reap much bigger rewards! Wink
bbcolex

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 03:55:40 PM

In my very own experienced there is no good outcome when you HODL too much.
First of all do you know what HODL means?
HODL is used when referring to hold the cryptocurrency rather than selling it.
Holding cryptocurrency is no good because it means you don’t have a knowledge about trading, for me, you can do scalping trading and increase your holding by it and gain profit.
I suggest that all in the Crypto community must learn the basic trading fundamentals. There are free tutorials anywhere. Don’t be lazy, think big.

Of course holding something without any goal or limit when to sell or buy out would cause you missed opportunity to sell high. Holding is not for everyone, some people hold for greater profit depends on the coin you hold. not all coin or token deserve to be hold. 

spartanrules

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 06:10:30 PM

Holding cryptocurrency is no good because it means you don’t have a knowledge about trading, for me, you can do scalping trading and increase your holding by it and gain profit.
I suggest that all in the Crypto community must learn the basic trading fundamentals. There are free tutorials anywhere. Don’t be lazy, think big.
Absolutely agree with you. Not HODL is actual for any period of time and any conditions of cryptocurrencies market. It is better even to sell asset with loses and rebuy another something according to technical analysis. IMHO in such you will be able to get profit.
Sum24

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 07:03:26 PM

One cannot complete say holding crypto currency is not good because a lot of people has made huge sum of money from holding their coins over a period of time while others must have lost while holding at a wrong time. For me, the time to buy and hold for a period of time is now.

Today's price is undervalued as we come close for the previous ATH from late summer.
Of course it is nature of bitcoin price is to increase and decrease as if today price is high then it is surely true price of bitcoin will be low and affordable tomorrow so hold your bitcoin it will rise and price of bitcoin will again come to its position after sometime of falling, so according to me it is good to hold as investment is all about holding and waiting.
prihojantsev

Activity: 200
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 08:24:40 PM

Of course it is nature of bitcoin price is to increase and decrease as if today price is high then it is surely true price of bitcoin will be low and affordable tomorrow so hold your bitcoin it will rise and price of bitcoin will again come to its position after sometime of falling, so according to me it is good to hold as investment is all about holding and waiting.
I think it is not just about raising or decreasing in price but demand for the product also. If the price falls low enough in order to the demand increased, then the price will start to increase and probably decrease the demand. And longterm keeping of coins does no help actually. It is better to know how to trade.
darkr

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 07:13:19 AM

In the bear market you can always trade to accumulate more.  This does not mean you are not holding.  Sell at 20% peak and buy back lower.  Bear market is always a good time to accumulate your favourite coins/tokens.

Sure, you can do it now to get the profit in several months. As for the holding, you should better hold the main cryptocurrencies - Bitcoin and Ethereum. Trade smaller alts.
Vanhoang2000

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 07:20:15 AM

holding or selling, we have many options and I think that you can use these methods to be able to invest in flexible trading and tailored to your specific situation.
koreacryptofan

Activity: 67

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 08:49:39 AM

I think HODL was a good strategy for 2017, when everything was growing. However currently you need to adjust your trading system and to be prepared for both mussive bullish and bearish runs. That's my idea.
koreacryptofan

Activity: 67

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 08:51:44 AM

HODLers will definitely get their well deserved rewards soon, but if you want to be more efficient you should learn TA and risk management and if you have skills for it you can increase your bagholdings exponentially and reap much bigger rewards! Wink

Or later, I would add:)
bitbitP

Activity: 40

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 08:54:55 AM

tell that to people who bought their coins at 12$ back in the time.

well said

Have you heard about PumaPay? :https://t.me/pumapay_news
Xising

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 11:03:09 AM

Although it depends on the market situation, these days, I am really gravitating to say that there is credence to this proposition. I say that because what's happening these days are just bad trends and movements, and it's not helping coins and projects all over the market, in general, or specifically. And so, if one intends to hold his coins for that long, instead of gaining something good out of it, it may lead to bad trends that could affect such strategy on the negative. Like, right now, I have held my Ethereum for a while now, hoping that it will rise up. Unfortunately, it fell sharply, which is really hurting my investment. I am just being positive, though, because that's all I can do.
doomistake

Activity: 1400
Merit: 571

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 03:55:21 PM

NO, it is not. Holding cryptocurrency doesn't mean that you don't have any knowledge about it, it is just a simple strategy that instead on losing profits on the panic selling, you would rather hold your tokens and wait, but also, it could the other way around just like what you have said. Hodling is a wise idea for me and not for those people who don't know how to Trade their tokens, in my opinion.

But sometimes, too much hodling could lead on losing your profits because of your greed, so be wise and be active on daily trading prices of the tokens you are holding.
haidil

Activity: 784
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 04:08:43 PM

That's right, don't hold a lot of coins, because the basis for trading is to buy when it's cheap and sell when it's profitable. many tutors about learning to trade

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
StephenieDuong

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

—RUSHMOON — Automatic LP & Yield Farm & AMM on BSC

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 04:34:01 PM

I like the ways you suggest to not Hold in crypto and i agree with those advise. I holding few coins for few months and i get some profit, but most of them now gone because of the market downtrend. Holding without knowledge is really dangerous and you guys should consider before hold some.

░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░
          ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░░     ░░
        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░░      ░░░░
     ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░ ░░░     ░░░
    ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░   ░▓▓▓░  ░░▓▓▓░
   ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░          ░▒░░ ░▒▓▓▓▓░░
   ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░              ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░           ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
  ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░            ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
  ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░          ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
  ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░▓▓░▓▓▓░░  ░░  ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
   ░▓▓▓▓░░░░▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓░░▒▓░ ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
   ░░▓▓░░░▓▓░░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
    ░░░░▓▓░░░░▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
     ░░▓▓░░ ▓▓░░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
   ░░▓░░░▓▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
 ░░▓░░░░▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░
    ░░▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░
  ░░▓▓░░░▒▓▓░░  ░░ ░░░░░░░░░░
 ░▓▓░   ░░░
RushMoon
Automatic LP & Yield Farm & AMM on BSC
jony35490

Activity: 422
Merit: 9

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 04:34:53 PM

This is the fault of a person who's not doing his/her own research regarding the coin you are to invest to. This is not great for you to execute your trades. If the coin you're trading is sht, then TP out immediately after winning a trade. That's how it goes.
I agree with you. That if you choosen a shit coin then you just need to wait some time to get some profits. After getting some profits you need to sell off your coin to be safee from losses and if you want to get good amount of profits by long-term hold then you need to choose top coin like Bitcoin.
Cliparts

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 06:48:10 PM

Of course holding something without any goal or limit when to sell or buy out would cause you missed opportunity to sell high. Holding is not for everyone, some people hold for greater profit depends on the coin you hold. not all coin or token deserve to be hold. 
Yes it is not good to hold without any reason if we will hold our coin to have profit, the more we will hold the more it will rise in price and our income will be more than double, it is very important to hold when the market is low and selling will cause a big lose for you, it is good to sell if price is high in market but if price will be low so you will have to hold at lower price.
Glemiv

Activity: 58

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 07:03:18 PM

indeed holding assets for too long is not recommended, this will only make you an audience in crypto currency trading, because we all don't know when the value of coins will rise or fall again
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: