Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:24:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 83 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GUIDE] GridSeed GC3355 5 Chip Setup/power/windows/linux/rpi by UnicornHasher  (Read 365535 times)
daddyfatsax

Activity: 857
Merit: 1000

Anger is a gift.

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 04:29:22 AM

.1 BTC sent!! Thanks for the guide!! I will have my units Tuesday.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
miaviator (OP)
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 04:48:26 AM

Excellent work! I enjoyed reading it. Very thorough,,,but...I have a couple questions.
What does FML mean?
What are the commands for telling the miners to run Scrypt only or SHA and Scrypt simultaneously?
I'm running cpuminer 2.3.2 and using Winblows 7
I'm going to try the freq' to 850MHz
Tried 750 last night, hashes went south so I backed off. I was thinking of trying it, especially after finding and reading the mfg spec' sheets. They'll go even faster than 850, as I recall.
Thanks!
Wolfey2014

I am having the same issue as everyone else I've seen.  I'll be leaving jack negative feedback and removing it only if he can prove the controllers work under linux. (without asking for more money)

Again Jack/Lighteningasic is fairly greedy the only way to run in dual mode is to use the provided unreliable controller box Smiley

I still think if you plug into the com port there is a chance to do it though.  I'm not sure if jacks team removed all of the gridseed dev features off the board.

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 04:49:56 AM

Having problems getting more than 1 to actually mine (no errors just only mines the last on the list).  Running Scripta on RPi and gridseed's cpuminer for OS/Miner.  Here is what I'm running to try to start up the 10 Gridseeds I have (my Version B Controller was crapped out from get go).

My .sh script to start

minerd -G /dev/ttyACM0 -G /dev/ttyACM1 -G /dev/ttyACM2 -G /dev/ttyACM3 -G /dev/ttyACM4 -G /dev/ttyACM5 -G /dev/ttyACM6 -G /dev/ttyACM7 -G /dev/ttyACM8 -G /dev/ttyACM9 --url=stratum+tcp://XXXXX:3333 --userpass=XXXX:X --freq=850

No guarantee but I am running one instance per device instead of running all of them in one thread.  It's my understanding that cpuminer isn't that full featured so maybe there is an issue connecting to multiple devices?  It's at least worth a shot.

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 04:50:14 AM

.1 BTC sent!! Thanks for the guide!! I will have my units Tuesday.

Thank You!

daddyfatsax

Anger is a gift.

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 05:32:08 AM

How am I gonna run 20 of these things? Everything I have read says the max is 10 on cpuminer and only single digit COM ports.
miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 05:53:50 AM

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 05:54:37 AM

How am I gonna run 20 of these things? Everything I have read says the max is 10 on cpuminer and only single digit COM ports.

Windows or Linux?

Did you buy a controller or just the units?

If you are mining to a single pool the controller works.

daddyfatsax

Anger is a gift.

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 05:58:13 AM

Probably Win 7 and I will have 2 controllers.

It will be a single pool, but I would like to have something setup in windows so I can have Teamviewer.

I have this page bookmarked so I can use it to get it all running. I imagine it is going to be interesting to get it all going.
miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 06:04:20 AM

It will be a single pool, but I would like to have something setup in windows so I can have Teamviewer.

I have this page bookmarked so I can use it to get it all running. I imagine it is going to be interesting to get it all going.

It's really pretty simple Smiley

I recommend you use the controller, you can teamviewer in and access the webpage to the controller.  Grab one of these: http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Electronics-Anywhere-Automation-Smartphones/dp/B00BB2MMNE/ref=dp_ob_title_ce or these http://3gstore.com/product/4186_single_outlet_remote_power_switch.html and you can do remote reboots on the controller.

Inglewood can get you a 10% discount on the amazon one: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=121168 I've passed a few thousand dollars of orders through him with no issues.

atari02

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 07:11:30 AM

It's really pretty simple Smiley

I recommend you use the controller, you can teamviewer in and access the webpage to the controller.  Grab one of these: http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Electronics-Anywhere-Automation-Smartphones/dp/B00BB2MMNE/ref=dp_ob_title_ce or these http://3gstore.com/product/4186_single_outlet_remote_power_switch.html and you can do remote reboots on the controller.

Inglewood can get you a 10% discount on the amazon one: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=121168 I've passed a few thousand dollars of orders through him with no issues.

Hi,

Thanks for the setup guide. Donation sent!!

Powell

Activity: 486
Merit: 262

rm -rf stupidity

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 09:44:52 AM

Having problems getting more than 1 to actually mine (no errors just only mines the last on the list).  Running Scripta on RPi and gridseed's cpuminer for OS/Miner.  Here is what I'm running to try to start up the 10 Gridseeds I have (my Version B Controller was crapped out from get go).

My .sh script to start

minerd -G /dev/ttyACM0 -G /dev/ttyACM1 -G /dev/ttyACM2 -G /dev/ttyACM3 -G /dev/ttyACM4 -G /dev/ttyACM5 -G /dev/ttyACM6 -G /dev/ttyACM7 -G /dev/ttyACM8 -G /dev/ttyACM9 --url=stratum+tcp://XXXXX:3333 --userpass=XXXX:X --freq=850

No guarantee but I am running one instance per device instead of running all of them in one thread.  It's my understanding that cpuminer isn't that full featured so maybe there is an issue connecting to multiple devices?  It's at least worth a shot.

Yup that got it but the supplied 10 port USB hub seems to be shitting itself currently.  It basically resets itself every minute or two.  Tried different power cords, different USB, etc...  It will randomly lose the green light for a few seconds then restart.

Anyone had an issue like this so far? 

For temp I have 2 plugged into motherboard USB and 4 plugged into an external powered hub.  I don't think my hub can handle anymore power and I'm out of USB 2.0 ports now (keyboard/mouse/etc. take up to many) and these so far do not function on USB 3.0 that I've seen (even though they are backwards compatible). 

Regardless the 5 I have running are averaging 360-380 per unit at 850MHz.  Tomorrow when I go by my shop I'm going to grab a few of my DLink 7 ports I used with my USB miners and then try my Raspberry Pi again.  The hub was the problem from the time you mentioned running individual instances.
Girhes

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:29:56 PM

Again Jack/Lighteningasic is fairly greedy the only way to run in dual mode is to use the provided unreliable controller box Smiley
No, it's not. Download the miners gridseed published a few days ago, and compile them (github.com/gridseed/usb-miner/software). To get dual mode you have to use the same parameters the controller does. When you start them like that cgminer submits both btc and ltc work to the cores, but it uses cpuminer to get ltc work from the pool. cgminer and cpuminer communicate with each other in udp packets to handle dual mode.
worldlybedouin

Activity: 376
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 12:54:18 PM

My .sh script to start

I've tried to run it the way its shown above but that doesn't work.  You have to have 1 device per minerd...been running it like that since last night and it's been fine and running quite well so far.

LTC:  LXrAe2E6cBsK52GvUsYraeXkc2s7Ti7R5X
BTC:  1FLTMqVjTZ5MTdCF4npNZGFMEUGyBV4zcj
worldlybedouin

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 01:10:51 PM

@miaviator

Not sure if this helps but I'm running Raspbian Wheezy and it didn't have screen installed...so perhaps you can add this to your instructions to help those who were in the same place as me?

Code:
sudo apt-get install screen

Screen commands:
Ctrl + A + C:  Create a new SCREEN session.
Ctrl + A + N:  Switch to the Next screen session.
Ctrl + A + P:  Switch to the Previous screen session.
Ctrl + A + D:  Detaches a screen session (without killing the processes in it - they continue).

Credit goes to:  http://raspberrypihelp.net/tutorials/37-raspberry-pi-screen-keep-your-processes-running-after-disconnect

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 02:07:57 PM

No, it's not. Download the miners gridseed published a few days ago, and compile them (github.com/gridseed/usb-miner/software). To get dual mode you have to use the same parameters the controller does. When you start them like that cgminer submits both btc and ltc work to the cores, but it uses cpuminer to get ltc work from the pool. cgminer and cpuminer communicate with each other in udp packets to handle dual mode.

Thanks.   I was a few days/weeks behind on the docs. 

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 02:18:48 PM

@miaviator

Not sure if this helps but I'm running Raspbian Wheezy and it didn't have screen installed...so perhaps you can add this to your instructions to help those who were in the same place as me?

Code:
sudo apt-get install screen

Screen commands:
Ctrl + A + C:  Create a new SCREEN session.
Ctrl + A + N:  Switch to the Next screen session.
Ctrl + A + P:  Switch to the Previous screen session.
Ctrl + A + D:  Detaches a screen session (without killing the processes in it - they continue).

Credit goes to:  http://raspberrypihelp.net/tutorials/37-raspberry-pi-screen-keep-your-processes-running-after-disconnect

Added.  I suppose you could do like bamt and make a screen with inner screens?

I just cycle through them with

for i in `screen -ls`;do screen -x $i;done

worldlybedouin

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 04:39:45 PM

So I was playing around a bit today with the RasPi + minerd setup per your instructions miaviator...Hope this helps you to revise your docs and others as well...

Objective:  Mine both BTC & LTC off of the RasPi.

I used the following to run cgminer for the BTC chip: 

Code:
./cgminer --gridseed-options=baud=115200,freq=850,chips=5,modules=1,usefifo=0,btc=16 --hotplug=0 -o stratum+tcp://[servername]:[port] -u [worker_id] -p [worker_pwd]
Couple of things I learned:

baud=115200:
Didn't mess with this, I figured the BTC chip was "fixed" to work at this baud rate.

freq=850: 
It's similar to the freq setting on the controller dashboard and I saw small gains in BTC hashing performance going from 700 to 800 in 50unit increments.  Not huge but the power shoots way up from ~500watts to ~725+ watts.  Not worth it in my opinion.

chips=5:
Don't change this, I thought it was for letting cgminer know how many devices (i.e. 10 miners vs. 5 miners) i had connected...but that's not the case!!  It actually stands for "5-chip Gridseed device" which is the round miners.

modules=1:
Didn't change or mess with this at all because I didn't know what it was for.

usefifo=0:
Didn't change or mess with this at all because I didn't know what it was for.

btc=16:
I dialed this up from 11 (as shown in the Gridseed instructions PDF) up to 16 and did notice an increase in hashrate & watts...though I'm not 100% sure exactly what effect it had.

hotplug=0:
Didn't change or mess with this at all because I didn't know what it was for...guessing it has something to do with USB-hotplugging of devices.

Next, I tried to run the cgminer for my BTC chip, and per the Gridseed instructions document (making sure to start the BTC hashing first like they said then starting LTC hasing)...I tried to run cgminer & minerd flike this:

Code:
./cgminer --gridseed-options=baud=115200,freq=850,chips=5,modules=1,usefifo=0,btc=16 --hotplug=0 -o stratum+tcp://[servername]:[port] -u [worker_id] -p [worker_pwd] &

/minerd -G /dev/[ttyACM#] -o stratum+tcp://themagepool.com:3333 -u LW2mFv4qdUdwETKNpADycrSRFuqR2VPYzc -p x --freq=850  &

FYI, I ran the minerd command once for each of the 10 miners...replacing the ttyACM# with the actual device # from 0 through 9.

The above commands (11 in total; 1 for cgminer/BTC and 10 for minerd/LTC) yielded BTC hashing around 60GH for BTC and 0Mh for LTC.

So then I re-read the instructions and saw that their example leaves out the -G option to specify the device...so I then tried this:

Code:
./cgminer --gridseed-options=baud=115200,freq=850,chips=5,modules=1,usefifo=0,btc=16 --hotplug=0 -o stratum+tcp://[servername]:[port] -u [worker_id] -p [worker_pwd] &

/minerd -o stratum+tcp://themagepool.com:3333 -u LW2mFv4qdUdwETKNpADycrSRFuqR2VPYzc -p x --freq=850  &

However this got me about 60GH for BTC and a dismal 200kh for LTC.  So it seems leaving out the -G for some reason defaults to hashing only on 1 miner.

Clearly I'm doing this wrong! Tongue  So for now I'm going back to just running LTC mining via minerd and see if I can find some docs/info to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Cheers!

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 06:17:07 PM

I added btc mining to the Linux section

I'll add per device btc mining as well in a bit.

Girhes

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 06:29:24 PM

worldlybedouin add --dual to the commandline of minerd and skip freq
MZD

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 07:06:37 PM

So how would one dual mine BTC/LTC 20 of these using windows?

Is there a way to do it without the controller and just use a single pc? I hear you get better hash rates and less resets when you don't use the controller.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 83 »
  Print  

Jump to: