Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:13:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GUIDE] GridSeed GC3355 5 Chip Setup/power/windows/linux/rpi by UnicornHasher  (Read 365535 times)
CartmanSPC
Legendary

Activity: 1270
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:18:00 PM

I for one would totally love explanation on getting cgminer 3.7.2, running Scrypt on a Raspberry PI as configured in this guide.

So I take it you tried the 5-step process referenced in the OP and something didn't work? What exactly?

The OP is correct.  The cgminer which is version 3.8.5 works fine for BTC mode. Issue is 3.8.5 won't support Scrypt and I would like another instance of cgminer version 3.7.2 that will support Scrypt so i can run two instances. We can see from the post he is running cgminer 3.7.2 it is right in his screen grab. So i would like to know how he accomplished compiling and getting  second version running on his PI.

Thanks,
John

I don't think you can run both versions of cgminer currently. The dtbartle version (3.7.2) disables the SHA-256 cores. I have requested he modify his version to make the disabling of the SHA-256 cores optional. For dual mining you currently have to run either one of the Gridseed controllers or the SHA-256 version of cgminer and cpuminer.

BFGMiner may support dual mining...not sure.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AJMiles

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:32:13 PM

Bwa HaHa:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811165213

15.0" x 19.0" x 3.5" 2U rackmount 15" Depth.

https://i.imgur.com/OwnO72X.jpg?2https://i.imgur.com/HR3jaNP.jpg?2

I think there is room for a Pi as well if I cut the power cords a bit shorter.

I could fit at least 30 in a 3U and 20 in a 2U long case based on this catastrophe.

I would be concerned about air flow. how about an open front and  when rack mounting put one of the 3U fan kits in the front of the rack.

There is ZERO reason to be concerned about airflow in scrypt only mode unless your ambient is well above 90 F. The ~8W you burn up in scrypt only mode doesn't even bring these things to a point where you can't touch them while hashing... not even close.

nice, i like these cases.
flounderella

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Bitcoin Evengelist

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:44:52 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2014, 12:40:33 AM by flounderella

So this is what I've done now:

Create a launch.bat with:

Code:
echo on
my_minions.bat <URL> <USERNAME> <PASS> 850
pause

And then create the helper batch file (my_minions.bat) with the correct COM ports from device manager. Assuming you are not too OCD and use simple user names of 1-10 and just a single password for all workers :p

Code:
start bfgminer.exe --scrypt -o %1 -u %2.1 -p %3 -d gridseed -S gridseed:\\.\COM1 --set-device gridseed:clock=%4
start bfgminer.exe --scrypt -o %1 -u %2.2 -p %3 -d gridseed -S gridseed:\\.\COM2 --set-device gridseed:clock=%4
start bfgminer.exe --scrypt -o %1 -u %2.3 -p %3 -d gridseed -S gridseed:\\.\COM3 --set-device gridseed:clock=%4
start bfgminer.exe --scrypt -o %1 -u %2.4 -p %3 -d gridseed -S gridseed:\\.\COM4 --set-device gridseed:clock=%4
start bfgminer.exe --scrypt -o %1 -u %2.5 -p %3 -d gridseed -S gridseed:\\.\COM5 --set-device gridseed:clock=%4

start bfgminer.exe --scrypt -o %1 -u %2.6 -p %3 -d gridseed -S gridseed:\\.\COM6 --set-device gridseed:clock=%4
start bfgminer.exe --scrypt -o %1 -u %2.7 -p %3 -d gridseed -S gridseed:\\.\COM7 --set-device gridseed:clock=%4
start bfgminer.exe --scrypt -o %1 -u %2.8 -p %3 -d gridseed -S gridseed:\\.\COM8 --set-device gridseed:clock=%4
start bfgminer.exe --scrypt -o %1 -u %2.9 -p %3 -d gridseed -S gridseed:\\.\COM9 --set-device gridseed:clock=%4
start bfgminer.exe --scrypt -o %1 -u %2.10 -p %3 -d gridseed -S gridseed:\\.\COM10 --set-device gridseed:clock=%4

It seems to be doing better. Previously with one worker, the pool was ramping up the difficulty very quickly to 2000+, but now I see each worker getting a diff of about 100-200. Will let it run for a while and see how that works out.

Hey.
Cool experiment!
I'm very interested in the results. Would be great to have a way to get better odds of making a bit more profit from the work your miners do, eh?

What comm port drivers are you using? STM? Is there a link to where I can get the right ones?
What are the basic instructions for setting up bfgminer.
I'd be converting over from cpuminer power saver version. I'm running Scrypt only.
How fine are the overclock steps in bfgminer?
Thanks
Wolfey2014

Not convinced either way, and then I gave up and started mining doge. Benefit of a single bfgminer (and cgminer for that matter) is the ease to switch pools just from the console. Wafflepool didn't do so well compared to the 0.006BTC/MH that I was expecting.

Yes, just using the standard STM driver. I think I found it somewhere in these threads but there's the official site too:

http://www.st.com/web/en/catalog/tools/PF257938

I have tried CGMiner but (1) Not a big fan of Zadig, so if CGMiner changes to use COM ports, would be great, (2) Didn't like having to plug the GS one at a time each time there's an issue. BFGMiner seems to handle restarts much better.

I tried bumping the clock to 875 and 888 but didn't see a noticeable improvement on the pool hash. Locally, BFGMiner reported hash rate of 377kh with about 1-2 errors in an hour. Back down to 850 at the moment
jwoodyu

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 01:51:17 AM

I for one would totally love explanation on getting cgminer 3.7.2, running Scrypt on a Raspberry PI as configured in this guide.

So I take it you tried the 5-step process referenced in the OP and something didn't work? What exactly?

The OP is correct.  The cgminer which is version 3.8.5 works fine for BTC mode. Issue is 3.8.5 won't support Scrypt and I would like another instance of cgminer version 3.7.2 that will support Scrypt so i can run two instances. We can see from the post he is running cgminer 3.7.2 it is right in his screen grab. So i would like to know how he accomplished compiling and getting  second version running on his PI.

Thanks,
John

I have not tried that, but if I had to I would start by cloning the dtbartle cgminer gitbug repo into a folder separate from 3.8.5 and following the other steps here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=494625.msg5538853#msg5538853

Alternatively you could download dtbartle/Andareed precompiled cgminer for Pi:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=477709.msg5539257#msg5539257

Thank You that is exactly what i needed!

Thanks,
John

I don't think you can run both versions of cgminer currently. The dtbartle version (3.7.2) disables the SHA-256 cores. I have requested he modify his version to make the disabling of the SHA-256 cores optional. For dual mining you currently have to run either one of the Gridseed controllers or the SHA-256 version of cgminer and cpuminer.

BFGMiner may support dual mining...not sure.

I will request the same. I will give BFGMiner ago tomorrow after getting all mine units on line and running stable. I really want to be able to use cgminer or a fork their of for both. If you sort it let me know and I will do the same.
thy

Activity: 685
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 03:00:20 AM

So... I have my miners  hooked up and running...
Lights say they are mining... Blinking Green, Solid Red
Screen Looks like its mining...  Lots of "accepted"  but (0.00 kh/s ) in front of (Yay!!!)
No Hash rate showing at Pool after 30 min.

Any ideas?

what soft are you runing to mine? cpuminer does not show speed

yea... cpuminer...
but nothing showing up on pool either...
Do you use gridseeds modified CPUminer or a standard one ?
Maby check this guide https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=487419.msg5424040#msg5424040 to if that has better luck getting them up and running for you.

jamieb81

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:21:26 AM

As promised I wanted to show you all my new, improved, stylish gridseed power adapters for use with a PCIe power connector:

You can get them on ebay here: 
http://r.ebay.com/qQwikO

or PM me for custom cables or to pay with bitcoin/litecoin

looking better now with that shrink tape in stead of electrical tape Wink
miaviator (OP)
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 05:44:14 AM

Thanks,
John

?

PM me.  I've been slammed with gridseed setups and had to ditch the Pi's as they can't run over 5 cgminer instances (dtbartle?) branch without dying.

favelle75

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 06:03:35 AM

I have my box of 10 gridseeds, but I am a week away from getting my controller or power setup. Is there a way I can power a few of these miners with anything I have at home? I have OODLES of computer parts and spare power supplies as well as access to a Radio Shack...anything I can do on the cheap and quick to run a few off these off my laptop?

_Crypto made easier than cash_

▄███▄              ▄███▄
███████            ███████
███████   ▄████▄   ███████
███████  ████████  ███████
▄██████████  ████████  ██████████▄
████████████  ████████  ████████████
▀██████████  ████████  ██████████▀
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
jamieb81

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 06:07:54 AM

I have my box of 10 gridseeds, but I am a week away from getting my controller or power setup. Is there a way I can power a few of these miners with anything I have at home? I have OODLES of computer parts and spare power supplies as well as access to a Radio Shack...anything I can do on the cheap and quick to run a few off these off my laptop?

a pc psu, molex connectors, the male connectors to go into the gridseeds, there are some examples of those a few threads back and of course usb cables to connect them if you have that around you can make them work
favelle75

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 06:17:46 AM

a pc psu, molex connectors, the male connectors to go into the gridseeds, there are some examples of those a few threads back and of course usb cables to connect them if you have that around you can make them work

Thanks Jamie, I found some of these and I have tons of spare power supplies....would they work?

http://www.thesource.ca/estore/product.aspx?language=en-CA&catalog=Online&category=CoaxCable&product=2741567

And how do I get a power supply to start up on its own with no MB?

▄███▄              ▄███▄
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
jamieb81

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 06:24:00 AM

Thanks Jamie, I found some of these and I have tons of spare power supplies....would they work?

http://www.thesource.ca/estore/product.aspx?language=en-CA&catalog=Online&category=CoaxCable&product=2741567

google ^^
http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-power-up-an-ATX-Power-Supply-without-a-PC/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0OKmIuNtmI
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 06:39:12 AM

get the barrel plugs with wire (pigtails) they are 2.5mm plug... then you put the positive on the hot lead on your molex or pcie cables..   i use all those gpu/fan molex adapters that have been accumulating in my boxes

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
favelle75

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 06:40:25 AM

get the barrel plugs with wire (pigtails) they are 2.5mm plug... then you put the positive on the hot lead on your molex or pcie cables..   i use all those gpu/fan molex adapters that have been accumulating in my boxes

Is there a wiring diagram on this thread (can't find one). How are people hooking up multiple barrels to a single molex or PCIe cable?

▄███▄              ▄███▄
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
jgm_coin

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 06:46:39 AM

Dude you can get my cables that use 4-pin molex or 6-pin PCIe from your PSU to power 1, 2 or 3 gridseeds.  Discounts available for ordering more than one.

Rent out your rig for up to 100% more than you can mine http://tinyurl.com/lc5axo2
favelle75

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 06:48:30 AM

Dude you can get my cables that use 4-pin molex or 6-pin PCIe from your PSU to power 1, 2 or 3 gridseeds.  Discounts available for ordering more than one.

I may in the future, but that doesn't help me this weekend unless you live just down the street?

▄███▄              ▄███▄
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
jgm_coin

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 07:07:15 AM

I may in the future, but that doesn't help me this weekend unless you live just down the street?

San Diego?!

Rent out your rig for up to 100% more than you can mine http://tinyurl.com/lc5axo2
favelle75

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 07:17:41 AM

San Diego?!

LOL....nope. But the correct coast at least.

▄███▄              ▄███▄
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 10:01:30 AM

Very Stupid question. I have just received a red gridseed controller. It has no micro usb and has a 2.5mm power connection.

DOes anyone know what the difference between the red edition and the old green one? Also what voltage is it?

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

worldlybedouin

Activity: 376

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 11:21:08 AM

Have a question...would it be possible to inline a small power switch to the black fan wire?

I was thinking of inlining this switch on the black fan wire so that I can turn the fan on/off as needed. 

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9609

Thoughts?

LTC:  LXrAe2E6cBsK52GvUsYraeXkc2s7Ti7R5X
BTC:  1FLTMqVjTZ5MTdCF4npNZGFMEUGyBV4zcj
wolfey2014

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 12:40:49 PM

Is there a wiring diagram on this thread (can't find one). How are people hooking up multiple barrels to a single molex or PCIe cable?

Looks like the best thing for you to do is, WAIT until next week! Cheesy

I Modify Miners Professionally! PM me for details!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 »
  Print  

Jump to: